PDA

View Full Version : My Precinct Convention Experience

theantirobot
03-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Well, I just finished attending my precinct convention. We had 4 Ron Paul supporters and 4 fascist. We got one resolution passed, on abortion. It was the one I cared least about. I did get to become a delegate, which is nice. I wish we had one more. The look on those bastards face when we denied them delegate positions and passed all kinds of great resolutions would have been great.

After the convention, after they realized I was a Ron Paul supporter, they said I had been brainwashed. I laughed so hard. I couldn't believe it. Here we are with verified facts, theories producing valid repeated results, and they call me brainwashed. WTF. To them it's normal that nothing makes sense.

One guy kept saying, we don't know there weren't al qaueda in Iraq before the war. I was just like, ok, yes we do, and we shouldn't go to war on something we don't know. The good news is I they were willing to debate me for a while after the convention, and I've converted Bushites before. I am optimistic for the senatorial convention.

I am excited for next election because I will know what to do. This community will not die. I aim to move it to newsgo.us and broaden its base. We must create a people's version of the CFR.

How does CNN call results for any state before the convention?

molly_pitcher
03-04-2008, 10:02 PM
http://www.elite-otaku.net/natalie/mininavi/includes/images/biggrin4.gif

Hook
03-04-2008, 10:15 PM
and 4 fascist.

Would that be fascists or fasci? :D

ScotTX
03-04-2008, 10:25 PM
9 people showed up for my precinct convention. All were Ron Paul supporters except one Huckabee guy. Since we were to choose 9 delegates, everyone in attendance nominated themselves and were elected delegates. We introduced resolutions to:

Overturn Roe V. Wade
Repeal the Patriot Act
Legalize competitng currencies
Enforce immigration laws
End going to war under UN resolutions

I definitely feel like we've won a small victory here. If this happened everywhere, it wouldn't matter how many votes McPain got.