PDA

View Full Version : Well Guys... just got back from my Precint caucus...

V4Vendetta
03-04-2008, 09:23 PM
It was very easy!

We could have chosen 23 Delegates, but only 12 people showed up for the caucus in my precinct!

Only 9 of them wanted to be delegates, I was one of them.

I am now a delegate, And I believe 3 other people there were also Ron Paul supporters, if they were, we all kept it under wraps, as to not let the higher ups know, and try to block us from being delegates.

We passed 3 resolutions..... more will be introduced at the senatorial convention in a few weeks.

1nd Resolution - Banning Mexican Trucks from traveling on Texas & National roadways.

2nd Resolution - Making English the official Language

3nd Resolution - Making all government documents only being printed in English

More resolutions were discussed, but weren't in writing... so we will prepare those, and introduce them at the Senatorial Convention.

Its really going to be interesting to see how many people are Ron Paul Delegates at the Senatorial Convention.

In all, It was very easy, nothing confrontational happened.
But I suspect the Senatorial Convention will be different.

P.S.
I live in one of the biggest towns in Texas... so I was a little dissappointed at the turn out, and especially how many people were there that supported Ron Paul.
There was probably 4 people total that supported Ron Paul... So I guess Ron Paul got about 1/2 of the delegates from my precinct, so bad I guess.
My town is over 200,000 in population.

nodope0695
03-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Good on ya!!! Thats what its all about. Thanks.

V4Vendetta
03-04-2008, 09:55 PM
bump

molly_pitcher
03-04-2008, 10:08 PM
http://www.elite-otaku.net/wordpress/wp-images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

slantedview
03-04-2008, 10:10 PM
congrats

puppetmaster
03-04-2008, 10:15 PM
It was very easy!

We could have chosen 23 Delegates, but only 12 people showed up for the caucus in my precinct!

Only 9 of them wanted to be delegates, I was one of them.

I am now a delegate, And I believe 3 other people there were also Ron Paul supporters, if they were, we all kept it under wraps, as to not let the higher ups know, and try to block us from being delegates.

We passed 3 resolutions..... more will be introduced at the senatorial convention in a few weeks.

1nd Resolution - Banning Mexican Trucks from traveling on Texas & National roadways.

2nd Resolution - Making English the official Language

3nd Resolution - Making all government documents only being printed in English

More resolutions were discussed, but weren't in writing... so we will prepare those, and introduce them at the Senatorial Convention.

Its really going to be interesting to see how many people are Ron Paul Delegates at the Senatorial Convention.

In all, It was very easy, nothing confrontational happened.
But I suspect the Senatorial Convention will be different.

P.S.
I live in one of the biggest towns in Texas... so I was a little dissappointed at the turn out, and especially how many people were there that supported Ron Paul.
There was probably 4 people total that supported Ron Paul... So I guess Ron Paul got about 1/2 of the delegates from my precinct, so bad I guess.
My town is over 200,000 in population.

Remember that we need to stay in touch with the rules for your state and if they fill those vancant positions have RP folks there to fill spots.

On another note. You should have been able to find RP folks to bring them in....did you GOTV?? or canvass?
remember that it is still important if those empty delegate spaces are to be filled.
We have to be vigilant about this.

DirtMcGirt
03-04-2008, 10:21 PM
You need to post this in winning Colorado forum.... NICE Work!!!

crackyflipside
03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
The delegates are where it's at. :D

robert4rp08
03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
caucuses sound fun, wish i was in a caucus state haha

nc4rp
03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Saturday in my precinct in NC we had 8 slots total, only 5 showed up, 3 became delegates, and 2 of those were Paul delegates....

syborius
03-04-2008, 10:55 PM
good job!

V4Vendetta
03-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Remember that we need to stay in touch with the rules for your state and if they fill those vancant positions have RP folks there to fill spots.

On another note. You should have been able to find RP folks to bring them in....did you GOTV?? or canvass?
remember that it is still important if those empty delegate spaces are to be filled.
We have to be vigilant about this.

Do you know if there is a way to fill vacant delegate positions in Texas?

spacebetween
03-05-2008, 01:37 AM
Do you know if there is a way to fill vacant delegate positions in Texas?

You could with alternates. But it doesn't really matter anyway, because those 9 delegates you elected will have the voting strength of 23 at the senatorial district convention.