PDA

View Full Version : I'm a delegate and passed 3 resolutions!!

RobHino
03-04-2008, 09:21 PM
In San Antonio Precinct 3119 there were 19 delegates to vote for, and only 6 people showed up, so we all get to move on to the Senatorial Convention.

I also passed 3 resolutions:

A Resolution in Opposition to the Trans Texas Corridor

Whereas, Article 1, section 10, clause 3 of the United States Constitution (dated 17 September, 1787) states: No State shall enter into any Agreement or Compact with a foreign Power;

Whereas, the “Bill of Rights” Amendment 5 (ratified 15 December 1791) to the United States Constitution states: … nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation;

Whereas, Amendment 14 respective to “Citizen’s Rights” (ratified 9 July 1868) to the United States Constitution states: … nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws;

Whereas, the Supreme Court decision in Kelo et al. v. City of New London, Conn., restricted eminent domain to a legal matter of the states respective to private property;

Whereas, Texas H.B. 2702 (enrolled) section 203.066 as applies to Toll Projects, deemed by the Texas Dept. Of Transportation to be a “Public-Private” enterprise, pro-vides for the “taking of real properties” for private and corporate gains without due process of law nor just compensation, does thereby violate the above stated United States Constitution and Amendments; and in conjunction with Texas H.B. 3588 (enrolled) section 370.161, 370.033, 361.307 does enter into contract for “private” gain with the State of Mexico, a foreign power; and furthermore, these two (2) stated legislative acts provide for and explicitly authorize the Trans Texas Corridor Highway Projects to be built, regulated, managed, maintained and controlled both by foreign corporations (i.e. Centra/Zachry), and foreign interest (i.e. the states of Mexico and Spain) through the expenditure of both public and private funding subsidized through “Toll” activities on previously non-toll routes of transportation;

We hereby resolve to condemn the aforementioned legislative documents as invalid, null and void on the grounds of unconstitutionality, and do as a party demand the Legislative, Executive and Judicial branches of the Governments of the State of Texas and these United States to act upon this matter with extreme prejudice by the will of the people and to without delay pass legislation to revoke these acts and declare publicly their invalidity;

We further resolve that the matters of the Trans-Texas Corridor respective to “Toll” authority should be restricted to new construction and prohibited from the use of "eminent domain", and that any “for public” seizures of properties whereby a private entity or corporation shall benefit directly, a “fair-market value” must be negotiated between the private property owner and the gaining/seizing entity/ies or authority/ies; and that furthermore, said Trans-Texas Corridor matters should be placed as a non-binding referendum on the next possible primary ballot to, finally and truthfully, give the people of Texas the right to vote on the Trans-Texas Corridor.

Submitted and Adopted by Precinct #3119, Bexar County, Texas, Congressional District #21, on March 4, 2008.

Resolution on the FED

WHEREAS the Republican Party of Texas "respect[s] and cherish[es] the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution," and supports a vigorous, unregulated Free Market as the best method for determining Prices and Wages; and

WHEREAS the Founding Fathers well understood the dangers of a Fiat Currency System, and therefore the Constitution prescribes that the States may not "make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;" and

WHEREAS the current Federal Reserve System mandates a Privately Controlled Fiat Currency and has allowed a Centralized Board of Bankers unaccountable to the American People to manipulate and control the value of the Currency and the Interest Rates; and

WHEREAS these United States holds a current total debt, including unfunded obligations, of 53 trillion dollars, or approximately $440,000 per household according to the U.S. General Accounting Office; and

WHEREAS these practices have resulted in the debasement of the savings and wages of American Citizens, and have created an onerous "Inflation Tax";

THEREFORE LET IT BE RESOLVED that the Republican Party of Texas calls for the repeal of the Federal Reserve Act, the abolishment of the Federal Reserve System, and a return to a commodity-backed currency as soon as is practical; and

LET IT BE FURTHER RESOLVED that the Republican Party of Texas calls for the immediate legalization of competing currencies and the repeal of all taxation and regulation on voluntary transactions between citizens using alternate currencies such as gold and silver; and

LET IT BE FURTHER RESOLVED that the Republican Party of Texas calls for the immediate publication to the People of all records and data relating to the actions and decisions of the Federal Reserve Board, its related agencies, and the President's Working Group on Financial Markets.

Submitted and Adopted by Precinct #3119, Bexar County, Texas, Congressional District #21, on March 4, 2008.

Resolution on the NAU

RESOLUTION IN OPPOSITION TO THE SECURITY AND PROSPERITY PARTNERSHIP (SPP), THE PROPOSED NORTH AMERICAN UNION (NAU), AND ITS SUPER HIGHWAY SYSTEM

WHEREAS, the President, the U.S. Departments of State, Commerce and Homeland Security participated in the formation of the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) on March 23, 2005, representing a tri-lateral agreement between the United States, Canada and Mexico, designed among other things, to facilitate common regulatory procedures between these countries; and,

WHEREAS, reports issued by the SPP indicate that it has implemented regulatory changes among the three countries that circumvent U.S. trade, transportation, homeland security, and border security functions and shall continue to do so in the future; and,

WHEREAS, the actions taken by the SPP to coordinate border security by eliminating obstacles to migration between Mexico and the United States actually makes the U.S. Mexico border less secure because Mexico is the primary source of illegal immigrants into the United States; and,

WHEREAS, the regulatory and border security changes implemented and proposed by the SPP violate and threaten U.S. sovereignty, and;

WHEREAS, a North American Union (NAU) Superhighway System from the west coast of Mexico through the United States and into Canada has been suggested as part of a proposed North American Union (NAU) to facilitate trade and the flow of goods and people between the SPP countries; and,

WHEREAS, the State of Texas has already begun planning the Trans-Texas Corridor, a major multi-modal transportation project beginning at the U.S.-Mexico border which would serve as an initial section of a NAU Superhighway System; and,

WHEREAS, a NAU Superhighway System would likely include funds from foreign consortiums and be controlled by foreign management, which threatens the sovereignty of these United States,

NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF TEXAS that:
1) these United States should not allow the Security and Prosperity Partnership to implement further regulations that would create the proposed North American Union with Mexico and Canada;

2) these United States should not engage in the construction of a NAU Superhighway
System; and,

3) the President and Congress of these United States should indicate strong opposition to these acts or any other proposals that threaten the sovereignty of these United States, and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that a copy of this resolution be sent to our Texas Senators, Texas House delegation, the President, and the U.S. Senate and House leaders.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 09:25 PM
good job!

Melissa
03-04-2008, 09:26 PM
This is what we need to be doing

swhdallas
03-04-2008, 09:30 PM
I was the Precinct Convention Chair by default...no one else showed up, so I had the "convention" by myself as there is not a rule for a quarum.

We (I) passed about 10 resolutions...three of which are similar to yours above along with a resolution of no confidence in McCain.

I am a delegate to the Senatorial District Convention, and also a delegate to go straight to the State Convention...by a unanimous vote! :-)

molly_pitcher
03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
bumped for subscription

hyoomen
03-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Precinct Chair, Secretary, and only resolutions supporter. 5 or 6 (one seemed disinterested in attending); two certified Ron Paul supporters -- I'll try to follow up on the others afterwards (a couple were Fredheads). If straight-to-state is available and supported I am it.

Passed resolutions:
-no confidence in McCain
-no world governments
-no Patriot Act (without Military Commissions Act information)
-no REAL ID
-no IRS or income tax or 16th Amendment
-Limited Government

I know the district next to me was taken entirely by one Ron Paul person. No doubt I'll inform of her successes later.

All I can say is THANKS, DEMOCRATS AND MEDIA! Without you, Republicans might have shown up.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 09:55 PM
what is the big picture looking like for texas? can we win with delegates in texas?

TruthAtLast
03-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I was the Precinct Convention Chair by default...no one else showed up, so I had the "convention" by myself as there is not a rule for a quarum.

We (I) passed about 10 resolutions...three of which are similar to yours above along with a resolution of no confidence in McCain.

I am a delegate to the Senatorial District Convention, and also a delegate to go straight to the State Convention...by a unanimous vote! :-)

i love this.

has anyone every come up with a real list of active precinct leaders, delegates, committee officers, etc.?

I know it might be dangerous to publish this information publicly because our enemies can use it against us. But does even HQ know how many there are?

crackyflipside
03-04-2008, 10:17 PM
With our stronghold of dedicated GOP delegates we are going to cause quite a stir in state and nat'l convention.

maggiebott
03-04-2008, 10:18 PM
bump....lol...feckin bump

jjank11
03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
I am one of 13 delegates in Houston prct 17, great stuff, im looking to get on a senatorial committee and will hope to be one to move forward at the state convention. We passed two resolutions, one about english language and the other pertaining to the gold stand and abolishing the federal reserve.