PDA

View Full Version : How can he do a third party run?

LibertiORDeth
03-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I have heard that "Well RP has his seat secured, so he can run as third party". Am I missing something here? How can he do both?

Posted by a slow learner :p

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-04-2008, 09:22 PM
He's unopposed in November. And even if he wasn't, anyone running against him is going to a be a token candidate that will get no more than 20-30% because of his incumbent's advantage, as in the contest with Peden. He can run independent because there is no threat to the House seat, and never really was.

LibertiORDeth
03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
He's unopposed in November. And even if he wasn't, anyone running against him is going to a be a token candidate that will get no more than 20-30% because of his incumbent's advantage, as in the contest with Peden. He can run independent because there is no threat to the House seat, and never really was.

Wait a second. He can be a Republican congressmen, and an independent president? Or are we talking about losing the congressional seat?

AJ Antimony
03-04-2008, 09:30 PM
This entire time I thought he couldn't run 3rd party because he is a Republican Congressman???

LibertiORDeth
03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
This entire time I thought he couldn't run 3rd party because he is a Republican Congressman???

Exactly...

LibertiORDeth
03-04-2008, 09:37 PM
bump

LibertiORDeth
03-04-2008, 09:53 PM
bump again

theantirobot
03-04-2008, 09:58 PM
bump

LibertiORDeth
03-07-2008, 10:54 AM
bump

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-07-2008, 10:59 AM
He can be a Republican Congressman and run as an independent candidate.

It's true the Republican Party might try to expel him, but why would they bother? Even as an independent Congressional candidate, he is guaranteed re-election due to ten terms of incumbency. He doesn't automatically LOSE his seat if they expel him. The party isn't the government, they can't just kick him out of Congress itself. The Republican Party can't really do anything to him.

So, just to clarify: Ron Paul can run as a Republican Congressman and as an independent Presidential candidate. He can even run as an independent Congressional candidate for re-election AND an independent Presidential candidate.

There is even legal basis for this in Texas. Thanks to President LBJ, there's a law allowing a sitting Congressman to run for President in the general election. He just can't be on the ballot for President in Texas as a THIRD PARTY candidate. Being an independent is safe, however, because it isn't any party.

familydog
03-07-2008, 11:18 AM
People don't care about his House seat. All they care about is getting off on some independent run. This forum erupted into flame wars a month or two ago about this very subject.

fedup100
03-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Sorry, guys, wake up and smell the coffee......Ron Paul quit the Pres. race with that shitty email......we were all led along in order for him to win back the little House seat which was his ONLY goal.

Ron Paul was read the riot act by the powers that be and he will not, I say will not under any circumstances run third party, forth party, with or without Bob Barr. IT IS OVER!!

Please form a line to the left and slowly wait your time and then bend over and take it cause your gonna get it, NAU, AMERO, NO CONSTITUTION, MEXICO will flood the gates and you, I said you will pay for their every need or stare down the butt of a gun.

I also expect to see major early morning raids of Ron Paul supporters who will be quietly taken to be re-programed or else. it does not matter that you take over the Republican party, by the next election cycle, there will be a minimum of 100 million mexicans here legally and you will never out vote them, you are now the minority in a newly created third world country. Your America has been successfully overthrown and is now a Dictatorship and all freedom has been stripped from you. You and your chidren will go to war and they will die for ever if need be for Israel. You and your children are just animals according to their talmud any way, so why not use them as canon fodder. Bitter, you bet your bippy I am and I will not mince words as to where the root of the cancer that rules us resides.

If you are looking for who to blame, you will only find the answer in hot topics are stormfront. Sorry to say it, it is true. I had never in my life been to the site stormfront until I couldn't help but notice that Israel=Zionism=fascist take over of this country.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-07-2008, 11:41 AM
People don't care about his House seat. All they care about is getting off on some independent run. This forum erupted into flame wars a month or two ago about this very subject.

What? How is his House seat threatened at all? He doesn't even have anyone running against him. Under no circumstances can the GOP kick him out of Congress, even if he runs against McCain as an independent. There is no threat to his House seat at all.

LibertiORDeth
03-07-2008, 07:52 PM
So this is quite feasible, and he has nothing to lose.