PDA

View Full Version : I can't help feeling like this....

flames2dust77
03-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I am so mad right now. I'm sitting here watching McWar give his speech and I am wretching. Seriously. My eyes are tearing up my stomach is turning. I am mentally drained and the little bit of hope I had left has left me. What I would like to know now: what are our options? Now that Huckabee has dropped and McWar has the delegates...what are the options? Am I wrong w/the whole delegate thing? Correct me if I'm wrong, please. I know we need to get Pauliticians into congress...trust me I know. But, I guess I'm just looking for someone to throw something out there I might be missing or haven't considered. I have the heaviest feeling of impending doom right now.

Sorry if the post doesn't make sense...I'm just really down right now and don't know where to go from here. If I feel this way, I know there are plenty of others who also feel this way. :confused:

UtahApocalypse
03-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Tonight is the night I will remember as when we lost America. There is no hope left. Im sick, Ive locked the doors loaded my guns, and will live off my food storage. Im not leaving the house again. America is lost it wont be long.

Lovecraftian4Paul
Running independent is the best option. Ron Paul won his House seat by about 70%, proving the Peden threat was always overblown. This also means he is unopposed for re-election in November if he does choose to go independent.

nf7mate
I'm sitting here watching McWar give his speech and I am wretching.

Terrible, isn't it? You've got the right idea by supporting getting Pauliticians into congress though. Take that angst and use it to fuel your actions in supporting true conservatives at the congressional and local level.

liberteebell
03-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Running independent is the best option. Ron Paul won his House seat by about 70%, proving the Peden threat was always overblown. This also means he is unopposed for re-election in November if he does choose to go independent.

Please someone help me understand how he can win his house seat in his district by 70% and be in mostly single digits in the presidential race nationwide. This makes no sense to me.

P.S. flames2dust77, I know *precisely* how you feel. It sucks. Big Time.

nodope0695
03-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I am so mad right now. I'm sitting here watching McWar give his speech and I am wretching. Seriously. My eyes are tearing up my stomach is turning. I am mentally drained and the little bit of hope I had left has left me. What I would like to know now: what are our options? Now that Huckabee has dropped and McWar has the delegates...what are the options? Am I wrong w/the whole delegate thing? Correct me if I'm wrong, please. I know we need to get Pauliticians into congress...trust me I know. But, I guess I'm just looking for someone to throw something out there I might be missing or haven't considered. I have the heaviest feeling of impending doom right now.

Sorry if the post doesn't make sense...I'm just really down right now and don't know where to go from here. If I feel this way, I know there are plenty of others who also feel this way. :confused:

I feel for ya. Thats why I didn't even bother watching...I turned off CNN and turned my TV to Discovery Channel.

flames2dust77
03-04-2008, 09:14 PM

wouldn't this jeopardize his congressional seat if he wins that again? Just wondering.:confused:

kaleidoscope eyes
03-04-2008, 09:16 PM
First TURN THAT TRIPE OFF! now, take a deep healing breath.... ahhhhh

Think of how all this started, from the lowest of the low, now look where we are? How many people are "getting it" this is just the beginning, it's a bit exciting, but I'm an eternal optimist.

Paulitician
You're about 2 months late...

The movement is bigger than Ron Paul.

Paulitical Correctness
Often when I feel down about the way it's all turned out, I remember that Ron Paul has had a massive underground following for years and years before this, and it makes the blows of disappointment much less harsh. Imagine those poor souls, eh?

Lovecraftian4Paul
Please someone help me understand how he can win his house seat in his district by 70% and be in mostly single digits in the presidential race nationwide. This makes no sense to me.

P.S. flames2dust77, I know *precisely* how you feel. It sucks. Big Time.

Two reasons:

1. His people in district TX-14 know him best. As evidenced tonight, most of them like him too.

2. Incumbent's advantage. Almost every incumbent tends to have an automatic advantage in any national political race. This makes Ron Paul almost impervious to a loss in his own district. Even some of those who disagree with him don't even know Chris Peden exists, or what Peden stands for, so they either don't vote or vote for Paul anyway.

wgadget
03-04-2008, 09:17 PM
It's all in the delegates, man....

137 + 17 =154 bound
395 - 154 = 241 more needed to get ot his magic #

Now lets do some math:
McCain needs 395 bound delegates to reach 1191

Of the remaining states:

Texas - 137 bound and 3 unbound
Ohio - 88 UNBOUND
South Dakota - 24 bound and 3 unbound
Wisconsin - 37 bound and 3 unbound
Vermont - 17 bound
Idaho - 26 bound and 6 unbound
Hawaii - 20 bound
Pennsylvania - 74 UNBOUND
Oregon - 27 bound and 3 unbound
Puerto Rico - 20 bound and 3 unbound
North Carolina - 69 bound
Indianna - 27 bound and 30 UNBOUND
Kentucky - 45 bound
Mississippi - 36 bound and 3 unbound
RI - 17 bound and 3 unbound
Nebraska - 30 bound and 3 unbound
New Mexico - 29 bound and 3 unbound

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 09:18 PM
His national campaign sucked big time? Besides, his district is already very familiar with him, and most didn't know/care that he had any competition for congress.

Vet_from_cali
03-04-2008, 09:18 PM
i felt like you flames after i saw the numbers from NH. after that day i knew the establishment would "somehow" fuck up any chance ron paul had. its all a fixed race with fixed nominee's and a president just about. only way to change this is a outright revolt from the people. personally i dont think anything will change till its too late IMHO.

flames2dust77
03-04-2008, 09:22 PM
i felt like you flames after i saw the numbers from NH. after that day i knew the establishment would "somehow" fuck up any chance ron paul had. its all a fixed race with fixed nominee's and a president just about. only way to change this is a outright revolt from the people. personally i dont think anything will change till its too late IMHO.

I am somewhat seeing things this way. We are never going to be able to change things playing "their game."

wgadget
03-04-2008, 09:22 PM
We ARE playing their game....It's called "Learn to be a Delegate"

flames2dust77
03-04-2008, 09:25 PM
We ARE playing their game....It's called "Learn to be a Delegate"

doesn't mccain have the delegates he needed to secure the nomination? why won't anyone answer that? what is the point if he already has them? explain to me....what I am missing.

Hook
03-04-2008, 09:38 PM
doesn't mccain have the delegates he needed to secure the nomination? why won't anyone answer that? what is the point if he already has them? explain to me....what I am missing.

The "Magic number" of delegates the MSM keeps parading around is only an estimate. The number of for-sure bound delegates is lower. I think it is more like 900 or so.

Not saying that increases our chances that much, just saying it isn't completely over like the press says.

We will know a lot more about the real state of affairs when the State conventions start happening.
Huckabee dropping out does make the chances vanishingly small though, since it makes McCain getting another 300 "hard" bound delegates more likely.

satchelmcqueen
03-04-2008, 09:38 PM

Alright here is what happens now... McCain does not have the delegates and does not have the nomination. That wont be decided until September. CNN, FOX, and all the rest are just reporting what "could be" IF all of the delegates from those states he won actually vote for McCain in September. Most of them are not obligated to vote for McCain. They will have a vote on that day in September by the delegates...if McCain doesnt get 51% of that vote, then they will vote a second time. Then every singel delegate can vote for whom ever they want. IMO a ton a Hucks people will have switched to Paul by then if they havent already. This is why Paul keeps telling us that its not about winning states, but rather the delegates. Paul could still win this thing by a huge landslide and get the nomination. There is alot of time between now and then so paul has a very good chance.

PS..Dont listen to the MSM where delegates are concerned, they are not telling the whole truth. They are again leaving out much of the process so they can marginalize this election to their pick. McCain hasnt won ANYTHING yet. ..and probably wont. Its all about September from here on out.

Hook
03-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Tonight is the night I will remember as when we lost America. There is no hope left. Im sick, Ive locked the doors loaded my guns, and will live off my food storage. Im not leaving the house again. America is lost it wont be long.

A bit melodramatic, don't you think? Probably should keep the day job for now. :D

flames2dust77
03-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Alright here is what happens now... McCain does not have the delegates and does not have the nomination. That wont be decided until September. CNN, FOX, and all the rest are just reporting what "could be" IF all of the delegates from those states he won actually vote for McCain in September. Most of them are not obligated to vote for McCain. They will have a vote on that day in September by the delegates...if McCain doesnt get 51% of that vote, then they will vote a second time. Then every singel delegate can vote for whom ever they want. IMO a ton a Hucks people will have switched to Paul by then if they havent already. This is why Paul keeps telling us that its not about winning states, but rather the delegates. Paul could still win this thing by a huge landslide and get the nomination. There is alot of time between now and then so paul has a very good chance.

PS..Dont listen to the MSM where delegates are concerned, they are not telling the whole truth. They are again leaving out much of the process so they can marginalize this election to their pick. McCain hasnt won ANYTHING yet. ..and probably wont. Its all about September from here on out.

thank you.

wowabunga
03-04-2008, 09:43 PM
I am so mad right now. I'm sitting here watching McWar give his speech and I am wretching. Seriously. My eyes are tearing up my stomach is turning. I am mentally drained and the little bit of hope I had left has left me.

Public opinion sways back and forth like the tides... soon a new "tide of hope" will wash out the dead and bring life.

Public opinion is like tomorrow's weather... soon damp clouds will depart, and the sunlight of the truth will shine thru.

Public opinion at this moment, of "that which is good for our country" has been masterfully crafted and such "darkness" might some bargain is here to stay.... but.... that is not my choice, nor my course. I choose Hope. Here's a little poem I pulled off a broken, unknown, discarded tomb stone from the east side of Savannah Georgia:

"Would You in Life, Go Happily Thru,
Always Make a Stand for Virtue,
And, Let Faith and Patience Pilot You."

I do not know the name of the author. I do know the message intimately as I've whispered this to myself many times, in times of trouble.

Peace and Joy,
Ramblin Randy

Hook
03-04-2008, 09:44 PM
if McCain doesnt get 51% of that vote, then they will vote a second time. Then every singel delegate can vote for whom ever they want. .

Correction: MOST delegates are unbound after 1st round. Some states require 2nd and 3rd round binding as well.

Vet_from_cali
03-04-2008, 09:50 PM
say what u want about bound/unbound delegates. we have a hard time getting above 10% in MOST states..... im projecting the same for the delegates aswell....

Agent CSL
03-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Phoenix.

Penners
03-04-2008, 10:04 PM
also it is not 51% - it is 50% plus 1

wgadget
03-04-2008, 10:05 PM
From the Daily Paul:

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/40898#comments

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 10:05 PM
say what u want about bound/unbound delegates. we have a hard time getting above 10% in MOST states..... im projecting the same for the delegates aswell....
Agreed. Everything is completely stacked against us even if magically we're somehow able to get close to being the nominee. It just isn't plausible

wgadget
03-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Um...What about if McInsane keels over from a massive heart attack?

VRP08
03-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Hugs! Just know your not alone feeling like this! Time will make us feel better. :(

angelatc
03-04-2008, 10:11 PM

Big internet hugs. It's really hard. I went through it after Super Tuesday. I don't know what will happen, either, but at least we know we're not alone.

Before this campaign, I had no idea that there were actually so many people that agreed with my political leanings. I also had no idea that people from both sides of the aisle would so naturally gravitate towards the message of freedom.

Maybe things need to get worse before they get better - I just don't know. But with so many people who still believe in the REAL American values, I just can't believe that it won't get better.

All this means is that it won't be as simple as we thought it would be.

Jamsie 567
03-04-2008, 10:11 PM

Vet_from_cali
03-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Um...What about if McInsane keels over from a massive heart attack?

id think that would happen more likely than the establishment letting RP win lol....

seriously...

Vet_from_cali
03-04-2008, 10:14 PM
I have to say if your feeling down look at all that has been accomplished. We kept Ron Paul in the race for months we out shined Thompson, Guiliani and many others they couldn't afford to run at our level. We made political history dropping money bombs all over America. For those of us who are active in the Meetups we made great friends and relationships that continue to live on. We have infultrated the GOP and they won't even know what hit them when the convention comes. Losing is never easy but did we really loose? I gained a wealth of knowledge and now thanks to Dr. Paul I have a real opinion.

It's not over until the FAT lady sings, COME GET ME OPRAH!!

lol

wowabunga
03-04-2008, 10:16 PM

What would it take to wake up the country between now and the Republican Convention and push that 10% up to 60%? Can it be done ? Should it (chuckle) be done ? If I had some other country to run to I'd just chalk it up as this country is done for; stick a fork in it.

Only problem is I sorta like it here... and am not moving out, I'm move'n up. I'm gonna "work it and "stick it to the man" as much as life permits.

Hey I've yet to see the grand canyon, nor have I seen Hawaii, nor Mount Rushmore. I do have Hope. I have dreams, some crazier than others, like before I die "disco" will experience a revival. :D So how can I laugh at such times like these ? Well it's because I've been bust'n my arse off as a proud Ron Paul boots on the ground Revolution supporter... and... I ain't give'n in jus yet... ! What, ya thought this was a cake walk....

wgadget
03-04-2008, 10:17 PM
all I can say is....wowabunga!

jointhefightforfreedom
03-04-2008, 10:20 PM

What i know is that as of tonight i am a delegate!
And as a delegate i have not cast my "DELEGATE VOTE" yet!
Therefore Mccain has not won yet
I will be voting Ron Paul as a delegate
So it is not over yet
If i am not mistaken there are enough uncommitted delegates to get the nomination

Vet_from_cali
03-04-2008, 10:26 PM
What would it take to wake up the country between now and the Republican Convention and push that 10% up to 60%? Can it be done ? Should it (chuckle) be done ? If I had some other country to run to I'd just chalk it up as this country is done for; stick a fork in it.

Only problem is I sorta like it here... and am not moving out, I'm move'n up. I'm gonna "work it and "stick it to the man" as much as life permits.

Hey I've yet to see the grand canyon, nor have I seen Hawaii, nor Mount Rushmore. I do have Hope. I have dreams, some crazier than others, like before I die "disco" will experience a revival. :D So how can I laugh at such times like these ? Well it's because I've been bust'n my arse off as a proud Ron Paul boots on the ground Revolution supporter... and... I ain't give'n in jus yet... ! What, ya thought this was a cake walk....

scary muthafuckin facts about what will happen if RP is not nominated!!!!!!!

or how about feeding them the truth? im about to re-enlist and i cringe at the thought of serving under the rule of mccain :(

TruthAtLast
03-04-2008, 10:37 PM

that is a little extreme. This is just the beginning. Did people really think we would immediately turn around 100 years of oppression, media control, and an uninformed public?

Look at the accomplishments. There is a lot more support out there than we thought. There were several mistakes that were made in the campaign that hopefully wouldn't be made next time. There are many supporters that learned about RP a little too late. There are also a clearer understanding of how to build a grassroots organization.

Do you think Ron Paul is giving up? We are getting more of his followers elected to Congress. We wont win all of the battles but if we stay focused, we WILL win some of them and Ron Paul Republicans could start to gain some power in Congress. Really, all we need is enough people to effectively be a swing voting block.

I'm 30 years old and I'm willing to dedicate the rest of my life to this effort. And when I have kids someday, they will also be the next generation to follow.

It only takes a small number of very committed and very organized people to change the world. Yes, it would have been great for Ron Paul to win the nomination, though who knows if he would have won the general election after that. The fact is that we've made huge strides forward and there are many people who now believe.

Refocus, and let's direct our energy into forming a complete strategy including taking over Congressional seats and preparing for another Presidential run.

If Ron Paul ran as a third party I'd support him of course, but I don't think this is in the best interest for the Movement. He would hurt the Republicans but he likely wouldn't win. Even if he pulled 15% or a remarkable 20% of the popular vote, at the end of the day, we may not be in any better situation than we are in now and he would have even less respect by eliminating himself from the Republican party. Plus a massive amount of resources would be used.

Personally, I'd love from him to rally the troops again and get people motivated and focused on really nailing down some of these Congressional seats.

sajorojas
03-04-2008, 10:39 PM
McCain better watch out. He might not want to suffer a tragic accident

http://www.modport.co.uk/style_emoticons/default/Shifty%20Eyes.gif

wowabunga
03-04-2008, 11:16 PM
or how about feeding them the truth? im about to re-enlist and i cringe at the thought of serving under the rule of mccain :(

Here's my promise.... We'll keep feeding "them" the facts here state side. You do what you have trained for, and on your own time wake up a few of your pals along the way over yonder.

We've been working on a march to our state capitol since late December. We'll march in late July, and that gives us roughly 3-4 months to "shake and bake" the local public "perception of reality" with our posters and fliers.

In other news.... I met a 7 year old child last week at the local elementary, she was in tears; she told me her mommy had just been re-deployed to Iraq. Little girl could barely breathe as she was so upset, hair and face a mess, and her little words said "mommy has been sent to the other side of the earth and I won't see her for 12 months". While you are over there in Iraq Vet_from_Cali.... YOU ALL LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER. If you see a mother in uniform crying, tell her that her daughter misses her.

Yes there are still US Citizens over here in the USA who want this war to end.... N O W...

Peace and Joy,
Ramblin Randy

Doktor_Jeep
03-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I have an urge to purchase another rifle.

Vet_from_cali
03-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Here's my promise.... We'll keep feeding "them" the facts here state side. You do what you have trained for, and on your own time wake up a few of your pals along the way over yonder.

We've been working on a march to our state capitol since late December. We'll march in late July, and that gives us roughly 3-4 months to "shake and bake" the local public "perception of reality" with our posters and fliers.

In other news.... I met a 7 year old child last week at the local elementary, she was in tears; she told me her mommy had just been re-deployed to Iraq. Little girl could barely breathe as she was so upset, hair and face a mess, and her little words said "mommy has been sent to the other side of the earth and I won't see her for 12 months". While you are over there in Iraq Vet_from_Cali.... YOU ALL LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER. If you see a mother in uniform crying, tell her that her daughter misses her.

Yes there are still US Citizens over here in the USA who want this war to end.... N O W...

Peace and Joy,
Ramblin Randy

GOOD STUFF RANDY!

but yes at this point we need to spread the message alot more. i seriously could not believe that some people do not know who RP is. I guess we got establishment owned MSM to thank for that one. IMO these message boards should be filled with ways to reach the uninformed and the general public if your still hoping for a nomination...A "shock and awe" campaign should be in the works from now till the march in my opinion. feed the sheeples the truth...

just my 2 pennies.

michaelwise
03-04-2008, 11:27 PM
You are not wrong in the assumption that our country is doomed Utah. It was inevitable. You should revel in it. You should welcome it. You should keep vigilant of the time when they try to impose the New World Order on us, and use your knowledge, as should we all, to fight vigorously to oppose the NWO and make sure they do not impose it on us. Ron Paul has given millions of us the awareness of what they are trying to do to us. We will make our stand and our r3VOLution will prevail, thanks to Ron Paul.

wowabunga
03-04-2008, 11:57 PM
i seriously could not believe that some people do not know who RP is.

The one thing I've learned from being very active with the Ron Paul Revolution is that I meet so so so many people locally who have never heard the name Ron Paul. I just can't see how marching on Washington DC will help get the word out "HERE" in Missouri where it's so badly needed. A well organized march to the state capitol... now that gets me all hot and bothered...!

Like I saw in someones sig line: "Ron Paul is here to kick ass and chew gum... and he's out of gum." The key word is "here", like in our back yards, our neighbors...

IMO these message boards should be filled with ways to reach the uninformed and the general public if your still hoping for a nomination...A "shock and awe" campaign should be in the works from now till the march in my opinion. feed the sheeples the truth...

My local meetup group paid for and manned 2 tables at a local community event in January. I made a powerful video ( my opinion ) and posted it over in the forum for creative works. The idea never got any traction, but it's a home run I keep telling myself. Maybe now that the time for "fanfare and fluff" has passed... the concept of "hard work" will rise to the top where it belongs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URTvgfnh1pM

Like the farmer said; "Don't much matter the size of the top of the bottle... the cream always rises to the top".

MOOOOOOO....!!!!!
Ramblin Randy

jkm1864
03-05-2008, 12:39 AM
We are already looking for canidates in Louisiana and hopefully will work with all the other meetup groups to field a whole bunch of them. This is where we use the energy and anger in ousting all the neo cons from congress this november. I think its paramount that we do not forget how we were treated and we come back with a vengeance. I have given good money to doctor paul and I will give this congressional run. People are wanting change and I think its time We push 3rd party canidates from the Libertarian and the Constitution party.

flames2dust77
03-05-2008, 12:50 AM
bump.

i want to hear more uplifting thoughts.

puppetmaster
03-05-2008, 12:56 AM

There ya go!

We have a ton of delegates myself included all the way to the national convention!

terryhamel
03-05-2008, 04:55 AM
If you said a certain food caused those symptoms, I'd say avoid those foods. Why do you listen to the enemy? All they do is lie to you. They want to make you their slave or worm food. Will you listen to them or will you turn off the TV, listen to your heart and do something to spread the message? Get involved in local politics while waiting for the RNC. Change the channel. Change the message.

DeafEric
03-05-2008, 08:50 AM

Aye Aye!

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Often when I feel down about the way it's all turned out, I remember that Ron Paul has had a massive underground following for years and years before this, and it makes the blows of disappointment much less harsh. Imagine those poor souls, eh?

Ha! Us poor souls have been there and done that. Today, while y'all mope, we have the experience to see that we've never been in a better position, and there's every reason to be hopeful and keep up the fight!

We have delegates in the convention hall. They have every reason to feel no compunction to vote for McCain as his Constitutional eligibility for the presidency is very much in doubt. And while the MSM blackout was bad this round, it was nowhere near as complete as in years past. Furthermore, we have the miraculous 'net which brought you here! These are all wonderful things for an old fighter for freedom--especially the last part!

This ain't over. The Constitution turned 229 yesterday, and for the first time in over twenty years of speaking out for libertarian ideals I actually feel hopeful that our old friend has many, many more years ahead of it.

Flames you have a boy, as I understand. If I can shout in the wilderness about this for twenty years, you can keep up hope and skip the negative threads for another six months, can't you? Ron Paul in St. Paul--has a nice ring to it!

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Agreed. Everything is completely stacked against us even if magically we're somehow able to get close to being the nominee. It just isn't plausible

I laugh at you troll! Not everything is stacked against us--though it be maligned, when push comes to shove the Constitution is still officially in effect. We are bright and we are fighting the good fight! A pox on your plausibility, trollitician! It reckons not with this batch of true patriots!