PDA

View Full Version : We're already awake, so it's harder to realize...

Paulitical Correctness
03-04-2008, 08:38 PM
But the media is much stronger at manipulation than we'd like to think. Since I can turn the tv on and chuckle at their shenanigans, it's hard for me to understand just how strong it can be. The effect it can have on weak-minded people is unreal.

I had my dad downright angry about the media's treatment of Ron. I had him angry about McCain being the frontrunner. It took the blackout of Huckabee for him to believe me, though. I got him to tell me, flat out, "I'm voting for Ron Paul".

It took me almost a year, but I had finally won him over.

Or so I thought...

Today he told me I was crazy for continuing my support. He joked and told me "Your buddy Ron Paul got a dozen votes today" and snickered. He told me "What good would voting for Ron Paul do at this point? He's out of the race, he doesn't stand a chance. Why waste your vote?"

Apparently he's going to vote for McCain, to stay loyal to the party. Not entirely sure what happened to his disapproval of McCain... I guess he must vote against the Democrats at all costs.

Nice. :rolleyes:

RSLudlum
03-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he gets well soon. ;)

But as far as the news goes. Every so often i turn it on and watch it like Comedy Central ie don't take it too seriously and then there's times i get down-right, yellin-at-the-TV, wife-worried angry. :D

Dsteenbock
03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
It makes me so angry to hear people say why waste your vote... Voting for the person you believe In Is NEVER a waste of your vote. Voting for the frontrunner just because he IS the frontrunner Is the biggest waste of a vote thier Is.

hopeforamerica
03-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Republicans like this are in for a rude awakening. The party will fall apart if they back McCain.