PDA

View Full Version : It's not over.

Zera
03-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I can't say I know much about the whole process, but I have gotten a basic understanding from reading the boards.

This isn't over. In case you didn't know, this campaign was never necessarily about winning any state. We knew that things would only be settled at the Convention, in September.

The media says the nominee is McCain. Is it yet, officially? No. They are assuming so based on the delegates they think he has won. But, hell, a huge amount of physical delegates don't even exist yet.

But the media reporting that McCain has won can help us. This way, we can work under the radar. Just remember this: Go to your county and state conventions as a delegate. If you can get at least 2/3 of your state to vote for McCain's delegates in your state to become unbound, the delegates can vote for anybody they want. Yes, this is true. All it takes is the delegates, who must be Ron Paul supporters themselves. I just hope a good amount of the supporters are delegates, so we can really steal this nominee, and possibly shock the entire world. They have ridiculed us in the past, but imagine how amazing it will feel when they realize Ron Paul is the dark horse.

SonicInfinity
03-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes, it is officially, unless some scandal comes about. McCain now has the necessary delegates, and there's no way short of a real revolution to stop it.

NEPA_Revolution
03-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Bump.......

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Good luck convincing hundreds of pro-war knuckle-draggers serving as delegates to join the one hundred or less Ron Paul ones. The GOP contest is over. Time to go independent.

kill the banks
03-04-2008, 08:33 PM
we have planted the seed ... continue to grow ... politics is a game we can win

kill the banks

coffeewithchess
03-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Yes, it is officially, unless some scandal comes about. McCain now has the necessary delegates, and there's no way short of a real revolution to stop it.

McCain has a number of delegates under his name, but not delegates guaranteed to vote for him...

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Good luck convincing hundreds of pro-war knuckle-draggers serving as delegates to join the one hundred or less Ron Paul ones. The GOP contest is over. Time to go independent.

Wrong, they haven't been selected yet, and we are dominating in many caucuses, we merely need every possible supporter to show up at them, and then we can get the necessary 2/3 at the state conventions to get the delegates.