PDA

View Full Version : And then there were 2!!!!!

nyrgoal99
03-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Do not drop out Ron

idiom
03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Now we need the Evangelicals to break right.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm torn! Maybe Ron should drop.....

ARRRRG!

AJ Antimony
03-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Like it or not, Ron Paul is one man away from the nomination

11 started.... 2 remain. One of them is that kook Ron Paul.

ToryNotion
03-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Nothing to gain by dropping out and nothing to lose by staying in.

UtahApocalypse
He needs to drop out NOW so we can start getting on ballots as a independent tomorrow!!

louisiana4liberty
We will be heard!!!!

kaleidoscope eyes
03-04-2008, 08:28 PM
ok I"m not watching the news, did Huckabee drop out for realz? did he make a speech?

Zera
He needs to drop out NOW so we can start getting on ballots as a independent tomorrow!!

NO GOD DAMN IT!

He has a way lower chance of winning any election if he does an stupid indy run.

crazyfingers
Like it or not, Ron Paul is one man away from the nomination

11 started.... 2 remain. One of them is that kook Ron Paul.

I don't know. I think Romney might still be technically in it since he just "suspended" his campaign. I'm sure he'd be quick to reactivate it if something happened to McCain.

Cinderella
lol....that kook ron paul...him and his damn freedom and civil liberites

tangent4ronpaul

I don't think he will go Independent. He's got his congressional seat wrapped up, but I believe would loose that if he went Independent. Chances of winning as an independent are not good.

-n

ItsTime
03-04-2008, 08:29 PM
In no way should Ron Paul drop out. McCain will be forced to drop out by the convention. McCain can only spend $50 million dollars. He broke finance laws.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/24/mccain.finance/index.html

justatrey
Hypothetically what would happen if McCain got sick or something else happened so that he physically couldn't accept the nomination?

tangent4ronpaul
ok I"m not watching the news, did Huckabee drop out for realz? did he make a speech?

He's making it right now.

-n

tangent4ronpaul
03-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Hypothetically what would happen if McCain got sick or something else happened so that he physically couldn't accept the nomination?

I want to know that too!

-n

kaleidoscope eyes
ok thanks, ill go and see what's up.
;)

Carole
He will not run third party . He would have to give up his Congressional seat to do so.

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Is someone youtubing the Huckabee speech? I don't have cable n00s

EDIT: NVM I'm watching on C-SPAN now

LOL he's war-mongering now.

coffeewithchess
03-04-2008, 08:31 PM
I don't know. I think Romney might still be technically in it since he just "suspended" his campaign. I'm sure he'd be quick to reactivate it if something happened to McCain.

Romney endorsed McCain, he is done.

devil21
03-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Paul better stay in. Anything can happen to McCain between now and the convention. ANYTHING!

ItsTime
03-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Like going to jail for fraud?

Paul better stay in. Anything can happen to McCain between now and the convention. ANYTHING!

tpreitzel
03-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Do not drop out Ron

Ron's already stated and restated that he will NOT drop out as long as the money continues and new supporters keep joining his campaign. Personally, I can't see this trend ending anytime within the next decade! We must continue fighting for the cause regardless of the script written against us. ;)

rockandrollsouls
03-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Ron CAN'T give up until the nomination is forcibly ripped from his hands! It's true, he's one man away from the nomination! Until the convention, we can't give up. If we don't get it, we still can't give up. I won't, you can't and Ron cannot!

kaleidoscope eyes
03-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow, this is so odd, can anyone really believe that wonderful ol kook is still standing after this long drawn out battle when everyone wrote him off on day one? (well, those that even knew his name anyway lol) I love Ron, we have sustained him, we are his strongest asset, we must carry on!

constitutional
03-04-2008, 08:37 PM
A scandal for McCain and he can be shot down...

heartless
03-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Wait, huckabee is dropping out for SURE? When did this happen and where? I'll have to reconnect my cable

Cinderella
03-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Like going to jail for fraud?

can u break this down for dummies (ie me):confused:??

justatrey
03-04-2008, 08:39 PM
He already told us in emails he isn't dropping out so long as we keep donating and volunteering. So I don't know why we are even questioning what he has already said.

mikeycapz
03-04-2008, 08:39 PM
We in it till the convention GO RON PAUL!!

kirkblitz
03-04-2008, 08:40 PM
so i guess that when the next primary comes up they will only show mccains totals? I mean hell that little space on cnn that lists the delegate counts holds 3 people and theyve only had 2 in there lately so...

skeryl
03-04-2008, 08:41 PM
i havent felt this way in a long long time :D

oh the feeling is good . mmm

ItsTime
03-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Simply put. (as far as I understand it) McCain took a loan with his "matching funds" as collateral. He got the loan money, his campaign started to do better, he "canceled his matching funds" kept the loan. When you take matching funds you are bound to a $50 million cap.

But he is saying he never "took the funds" but he "used the funds" to get the loan. Well if you take a loan out with collateral you do not own that is fraud. So he has to claim the matching funds to make the loan legal.

can u break this down for dummies (ie me):confused:??

kirkblitz
03-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Simply put. (as far as I understand it) McCain took a loan with his "matching funds" as collateral. He got the loan money, his campaign started to do better, he "canceled his matching funds" kept the loan. When you take matching funds you are bound to a $50 million cap.

But he is saying he never "took the funds" but he "used the funds" to get the loan. Well if you take a loan out with collateral you do not own that is fraud. So he has to claim the matching funds to make the loan legal.

also if you read the above article it states that he used that lie above to get on the ballots on ohio and other states witout collecting signatures because he was in the public funds thing.

tpreitzel
i havent felt this way in a long long time :D

oh the feeling is good . mmm

Really, I agree.

I want to see the MSM continue to ignore Ron Paul now that the race is down to two candidates. Can you just imagine the awkwardness of totally ignoring a candidate even IF the public perceives his chances as zero? At the very least, such an attempt by the MSM to totally ignore his candidacy for the GOP nomination should be highly comical. "Hello, I'm Ron Paul, and as I've stated many times, I'm in the race all the way to Minneapolis in order to secure as many delegates as possible and represent those Americans who have placed their trust in the constitutional principles of our campaign." ;)

Akus
Ron Paul 2008. com still says that there are three people

rockandrollsouls
03-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Question -

Is anyone taking legal action against McCain's blatantly illegal activity?

ItsTime
03-04-2008, 08:46 PM
it goes pretty deep. thanks for pointing that out. :D

also if you read the above article it states that he used that lie above to get on the ballots on ohio and other states witout collecting signatures because he was in the public funds thing.

Sandra
03-04-2008, 08:49 PM
The economy will break McCain. Now that there are 2 Dems challenging the Republican front runner, the questions he will have to answer on the economy, which we know he knows nothing about, will show him up to be unviable as POTUS.

kaleidoscope eyes
03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
What if, just what if something miraculous happens, and Ron takes this thing? Can we say the Ulitimate Revenge of the Nerds? :D

I'm such a hopeless optimist sometimes! But why give up until the last breath is out of this thing? I feel buoyed tonight for some reason. ;)

rockandrollsouls
03-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Ron should get his lawyers on McCain for his illegal activity.

Sentient Void
03-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Bwahahahah I called this shit weeks ago.

This feeels goooooooood!

As I said before... they HAVE to acknowledge him now!

wgadget
03-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Question -

Is anyone taking legal action against McCain's blatantly illegal activity?

Yes, I believe the Democratic Party is, as per Howard Dean.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/24/mccain.finance/

Cinderella
03-04-2008, 08:56 PM
i doubt mccains fraud will be a big deal though...i mean look at what happened with that scandal with the lobbyist.....:(

ItsTime
03-04-2008, 08:57 PM
this is a big deal a really big deal.

i doubt mccains fraud will be a big deal though...i mean look at what happened with that scandal with the lobbyist.....:(

wgadget
03-04-2008, 08:58 PM
And it's so ironic, it's not even funny.

LOL.

homah
Bwahahahah I called this shit weeks ago.

This feeels goooooooood!

As I said before... they HAVE to acknowledge him now!

What? No. They will be talking about the Democratic race nearly 100% of the time now, and when they mention the Republicans it will be with regard to McCain's strategy versus the Democrats.

kirkblitz
If the FEC would ever get its extra 2 mebers to have a quorum they could have him prosecuted, i dont see how the states of ohio and a few other can allow their delegates to support him since he used a lie to illegaly gain entry to their ballots. Hes a scum bag

rockandrollsouls
03-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Yes, this isn't just a scandal, it's ILLEGAL. So why isn't anyone prosecuting him? Are the dems really going to follow through with it? Come on, this could be our chance to literally STEAL the election!

kirkblitz
03-04-2008, 09:02 PM
In my humble opinion which i just stole from a article i googled, they said obama and some other dems are waiting to get the quorum because the REPUBLICAN leader of the FEC is saying mccain is acting illegaly, so when they get that quorum after the republican nomination they will brining mccain down and theres obamas win right there.

tpreitzel
03-04-2008, 09:03 PM
What? No. They will be talking about the Democratic race nearly 100% of the time now, and when they mention the Republicans it will be with regard to McCain's strategy versus the Democrats.

I don't disagree too much, but let's just wait and watch how the MSM plays the rest of this primary season. It ought to be fun to watch! :)

rockandrollsouls
03-04-2008, 09:05 PM
I think the paul campaign and any concerned citizen needs to jump on it now...don't expect the democrats to act. It's an open opportunity come on someone hit it.

wgadget
03-04-2008, 09:07 PM
In my humble opinion which i just stole from a article i googled, they said obama and some other dems are waiting to get the quorum because the REPUBLICAN leader of the FEC is saying mccain is acting illegaly, so when they get that quorum after the republican nomination they will brining mccain down and theres obamas win right there.

LOL. I suppose even the Democrat candidates don't know that RON PAUL IS STILL IN THE RACE....

humanic
03-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Ron's already stated and restated that he will NOT drop out as long as the money continues and new supporters keep joining his campaign. Personally, I can't see this trend ending anytime within the next decade! We must continue fighting for the cause regardless of the script written against us. ;)

HAHAHA. I hope he is still running for the 2008 Republican nomination in the year 2018. Go Ron!

tangent4ronpaul
03-04-2008, 09:08 PM

SWEET! - Paul would wipe the floor with oh-bomb-us's ass!

I hope they are successful!

-n

tangent4ronpaul
03-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Ron Paul 2008. com still says that there are three people

Not any more!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/features/two-candidates/two-candidates.jpg

-n

tpreitzel
03-04-2008, 09:12 PM
HAHAHA. I hope he is still running for the 2008 Republican nomination in the year 2018. Go Ron!

Me, too, but I might have to breed a money tree! ;)

greeksta59
03-04-2008, 09:17 PM
its about delegates delegates delegates...if we get the majority of ron paul delegates at the national convention then we can all vote for all the delegates to become unbined....thats the strategy!

tpreitzel
03-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Not any more!

-n

Now, there are two! We'll see how the MSM plays the two as one. ;)

mketcher
03-04-2008, 09:21 PM

If he runs on the LP as a third party, he won't have to worry about getting on ballots -- they'll be on in at least 47 states. I don't know the 3 states that may be difficult. One is Oklahoma -- I'm not sure about the other 2, but I believe they're smaller states.

I'd like to see RP win the nomination of the LP, the Constition Party, and the Independence Pary (all of whom are very supportive of him). He could still stay in the race as a Republican, with perhaps hundreds of delegates at the convention.

chipvogel
03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
John McCain III father died at the age of 70 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S._McCain%2C_Jr.)

molly_pitcher
03-04-2008, 09:30 PM
I'd like to see RP win the nomination of the LP, the Constition Party, and the Independence Pary (all of whom are very supportive of him). He could still stay in the race as a Republican, with perhaps hundreds of delegates at the convention.

Really? He could still run as a Republican as long as he has the backing of these parties?

Sey.Naci
03-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Never mind...

tpreitzel
03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
If he runs on the LP as a third party, he won't have to worry about getting on ballots -- they'll be on in at least 47 states. I don't know the 3 states that may be difficult. One is Oklahoma -- I'm not sure about the other 2, but I believe they're smaller states.

As has been mentioned on these forums already, the sheeple are conditioned to vote either Democratic or Republican. The best way forward to liberty is reclamation of both the Democratic and Republican parties. This process is underway, but it will take some time. One can make the case that our time has run out, and I'm likely to agree which is why I'm supportive of secession movements while concomitantly working to reclaim the GOP. Our movement wants a quick fix because we see the urgency, but one of those "quick" fixes, revolution, is really bloody, and the other "quick" fix, secession, is really lonely. Both options are risky. Since many voters within both parties are conditioned to vote for their respective party's nominee, reclaiming the parties is probably more productive than reclaiming their conditioned minds.

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Getting desperate, are we?

Andrew-Austin
03-04-2008, 09:40 PM

I believe thats why Romney is still technically in the running. Hes a backup plan for the elite?

If something happened to Mccain, neo-con support would transfer over to him.

american.swan
03-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Ron needs to stay in the GOP!!!

Will we win the nomination...probably not...but who cares....we are going to overrun the GOP.

And change it's name to something else.

NEPA_Revolution
03-04-2008, 09:46 PM

devil21
03-05-2008, 04:43 AM
Im very happy to see the website updated so quickly. They are getting back on the ball and Im happy to see that. Too much money and effort went into TX-14. For god sake Ron show up to the remaining primary states! Spend that 5 million! Let the conservatives know that McCain is NOT their only choice!

redsrule2500
03-05-2008, 05:26 AM

Exactly. We'd still have Romney to deal with even if Scandal/Accident make McCain drop.

speciallyblend
03-05-2008, 06:02 AM
yep now onto the convention and dont forgot if the republican party doesnt nominate ron paul. We can write him in or vote for anybody but a republican..

The only loyalty i have to the republican party is ron pauls message and the republican platform,after that we vote for who is the best. the gop ignored and encouraged the media blackout,let the gop know LOUD AND CLEAR WHO WE SUPPORT,of course unless you plan on voting for mccain ,NOT

RON PAUL 2008 ,I hope he runs independent , my donations are waiting. If not we have 4 yrs tobuild the party or leave the old party ,the choice is up to the gop...

for all the naysayers on the independent run, I GET IT BUILD within the republican,but at some point you have to understand the republican party isnt the republican party anymore and if we dont take the party over ,IT WILL BE TIME TO MOVE ON,of course unless you plan on voting for a Hillary Republican aka mccain

RON PAUL written in STONE

CALL THE GOP, CALL ALL REPUBLICANS,IF WE DONT STAND UP AND BE HEARD,then i assure you the goal of the republican party is to silence you and the republican message, the fact the old party is pushing mccain shows you the republican party isnt republican anymore.

If you want to give up after the convention ,then waste your vote on a hillary republican. If you want to stand for freedom,then the time is now to plan a secondary plan ,unless you plan on rolling over and just sitting back as they force feed you this mccain crap. STAND UP NOW CALL YOUR GOP LOCAL/STATE /NATIONAL. The Republican Party FEARS their own platform, they are ignoring their own platform. They fear we wont vote for Mccain.
ITS TIME TO SHOW THEM THE FEAR AND REALITY,anything less is a vote for mccain.

RON PAUL 2008 do you want a REPUBLICAN or do you want a hillary republican(mccain )

I'll TAKE A REAL REPUBLICAN RON PAUL 2008

NOW GET TO WORK, eventually we either take back the republican party or lwe leave in mass any other option is a pipe dream

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------