PDA

View Full Version : McCain clinches nomination

NeoRayden
03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/chi-mccain-clinches,0,6013517.story

John McCain has clinched the Republican presidential nomination, according to The Associated Press delegate count.

Melissa
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
This has no bearing on what we are doing so please don't let it discourage anyone. This is not over we just started our process it is Nationals that count and then it still is not over till November and if you are involved locally it should never be over for any of us

clouds
03-04-2008, 08:19 PM
"In his speech Tuesday, McCain took the opportunity to jab Democrats for trying to walk away from the North American Free Trade Agreement, which many voters believe has cost Americans' their jobs."

lol

NeoRayden
03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Melissa here in Indiana we need to come up with a stratigy to presuade voters that just because mccain is the nominee in other states does not mean they "HAVE TO" vote for him here.

I am running into alot of that. When you tell them about delgates they just say that with all the other states it will not matter.

RSLudlum
03-04-2008, 08:21 PM
"In his speech Tuesday, McCain took the opportunity to jab Democrats for trying to walk away from the North American Free Trade Agreement, which many voters believe has cost Americans' their jobs."

lol

Ummm....so the way that's worded sounds like VOTERS aren't Americans???? :rolleyes:

clouds
03-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Also, the way it's stated makes it either mean that the democrats trying to walk away from NAFTA cost americans their jobs, or NAFTA itself cost many americans their jobs.

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Melissa here in Indiana we need to come up with a stratigy to presuade voters that just because mccain is the nominee in other states does not mean they "HAVE TO" vote for him here.

I am running into alot of that. When you tell them about delgates they just say that with all the other states it will not matter.

Just work hard at identifying supporters so that you can turn them out to caucuses, that is where the money is at now.

NeoRayden
03-04-2008, 08:33 PM
we have primaries not caucuses.

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:50 PM

There is a state convention and I assume they have to get the delegates to go to it somewhere.

IcyPeaceMaker
03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Supporters become delegates, it's delegates who will select the nominee, not the rank & file voters. Get your delegates into position to win their spots, then nail McCain at the convention.

Melissa
03-04-2008, 08:53 PM
There is a state convention and I assume they have to get the delegates to go to it somewhere.

You are both right about it being something we need to try and tell hoosiers about to try and stop Mccain but also it is about the delegates and we have to keep doing what we have been doing and other states need to too.

LEK
03-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Pledeged and Unpledged delegate break down alphabetically by State

Table Form
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R-PU.phtml

This is quite useful.

Do the math.
Become a delegate if you still can.

jason43
03-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Pledeged and Unpledged delegate break down alphabetically by State

Table Form
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R-PU.phtml

This is quite useful.

Do the math.
Become a delegate if you still can.

If we won every unpledged delegate and the ones from the dropouts, we wouldn't have enough to take him by my count.