PDA

View Full Version : CNN Called the GOP Nomination for McCain

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:02 PM
LOL, I can't wait until the convention when they will all have their jaws drop as Ron Paul gathers vote after vote.

freedom-maniac
03-04-2008, 08:13 PM
The GOP is screwed.

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:13 PM
dude shut up, Ron Paul isn't going to sweep the convention, stop believing in fairy tales, John McCain IS the nominee, and Ron Paul is not going to win by these ultra super secret delegates, stop the concpiracy shit.

How the hell do you know?

kirkblitz
03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
your very angry

Melissa
03-04-2008, 08:15 PM
dude shut up, Ron Paul isn't going to sweep the convention, stop believing in fairy tales, John McCain IS the nominee, and Ron Paul is not going to win by these ultra super secret delegates, stop the concpiracy shit.

I dont know what you are yelling about it is true delegates count and dont think some of us states have been working our asses off to get to that National Convention and nothing and I mean nothing is over till November anyway.

idiom
03-04-2008, 08:15 PM
'you're' :P

mikeycapz
03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
The odds are against Dr.Paul but I still believe he will do well and make a impact at the national convention. Only if everyone attends there county and state conventions.

Matt23
03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
ITS OVER PEOPLE.

Get on with it.

runderwo
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Because its called logic and reasoning, get off the computer go ask ten people if they have heard of Ron Paul, 8 out of 10 will say no.

Ron Paul has had a lazy campaign, He himself has been lazy, we didnt try enough, and its over, its like in a NBA game when the score is 100 to 82 and there is 1.3 seconds left, and theres always that one person who thinks they can win.

Are you still here? If so, why?

kirkblitz
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
'you're' :P

i dont believe in english :D

Melissa
03-04-2008, 08:19 PM
ITS OVER PEOPLE.

Get on with it.

Thank God some of you were not in the Revolutionary War with this attitude or maybe you were but were called deserters-- thats fine go home now the adults have to get to work.

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Because its called logic and reasoning, get off the computer go ask ten people if they have heard of Ron Paul, 8 out of 10 will say no.

Ron Paul has had a lazy campaign, He himself has been lazy, we didnt try enough, and its over, its like in a NBA game when the score is 100 to 82 and there is 1.3 seconds left, and theres always that one person who thinks they can win.

Um, that doesn't matter at a caucus where very few attend. (p.s. 8/10 people is probably 2/5 of voters).

CitizenPlain
03-04-2008, 08:20 PM

srps2233
03-04-2008, 08:21 PM
We should continue to spread the ideas of liberty through the grassroots and have 4 years of infrastructure for 2012 rather than wasting our time on party that cannot be salvaged.

Paulitical Correctness
03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Imaginary billionaires and super secret stealth delegates and all that other nonsense have caused devastating complacency in the grassroots.

NinjaPirate
03-04-2008, 08:28 PM
How the hell do you know?

Many state delegates are BOUND, and since McCain is showing to be the leader, then the delegates MUST vote for McCain either by law or by "obligation."

Well, now we wait and see on whether to say "hello" to 100 more years of war, or socialized medicine. :/

constitutional
03-04-2008, 08:33 PM

conspiracy? "shut up"? Nice attitude there buddy. We are just trying to be positive here.

ItsTime
03-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Now all McCain needs to do is follow the laws and he is out
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/24/mccain.finance/index.html

Many state delegates are BOUND, and since McCain is showing to be the leader, then the delegates MUST vote for McCain either by law or by "obligation."

Well, now we wait and see on whether to say "hello" to 100 more years of war, or socialized medicine. :/

Hook
03-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Imaginary billionaires and super secret stealth delegates and all that other nonsense have caused devastating complacency in the grassroots.

I doubt it. No one was relying on some Billionaire when it became obvious it was fake a couple of weeks later.

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:35 PM

You can override bound delegates at a state convention.

orafi
03-04-2008, 08:37 PM
You can override bound delegates at a state convention.

You don't mean in the third round of voting, do you?

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:41 PM
You don't mean in the third round of voting, do you?

no, for the first.

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah... that's gonna go well with the Republican base if you guys somehow managed to "steal" the nomination. Most have never even heard about him, and they're certainly not going to want to support someone who is anti-the Iraq war. It would be essentially handing over the presidency to the Democrats.

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah... that's gonna go well with the Republican base if you guys somehow managed to "steal" the nomination. Most have never even heard about him, and they're certainly not going to want to support someone who is anti-the Iraq war. It would be essentially handing over the presidency to the Democrats.

Bullshit, and like I'd want it to go to McCain in any event.

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I can't believe that after the NH slaughter you guys are still living in lala land. To quote Wolf Blitzer, "Amazing!"

syborius
03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
paulitician..just STFU, please. Show me a Mccaniac rally with more than 1000 people please? Not a university with a staged event and students. I want to see a rally with more than 1000 people drawn in from the street. Go to youtube and find me a rally please you fucking asshole. You and Abe should just go and fuck each other in the ass already.

Hook
03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Well, might as well try to take over the delegate slots anyway. What do we have to loose?

Anyway, most of those delegate counts are estimates, like the full amount they gave to McCain in Washington, even though we have over 2/3 of the local delegates there.

After all the shit CNN has pulled over the last year, and you guys still belive anything they say?

I'll give up once the State convention results are in.

Poltiical_Rebel
03-04-2008, 08:58 PM
For goodness sakes, part of this was getting over the fact that THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA IS NOT ALWAYS CORRECT! IN FACT AT MY LOCAL CACAUS TWO MONTHS AGO THEY LIE 90% of the time! If you believe that they tell the truth when McCain wins nomination, you'll find that is just MORE THAN A MYTH! LET THE DREAM LIVE UNTIL THE BITTER END!

Give me liberty
03-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Well, might as well try to take over the delegate slots anyway. What do we have to loose?

Anyway, most of those delegate counts are estimates, like the full amount they gave to McCain in Washington, even though we have over 2/3 of the local delegates there.

After all the shit CNN has pulled over the last year, and you guys still belive anything they say?

Cant you already see that MCcAIN won IT :mad:

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Someone have an argument as to why I'm wrong here?

To me, it would be political suicide if by some miracle you guys would be able to get Ron Paul the nomination. He would be blamed for giving the Democrats the presidency. Better John McCain be to blame than Ron Paul.

mikeycapz
03-04-2008, 09:04 PM
^ the rules are the rules there is no official nominee until the convention

speciallyblend
03-04-2008, 09:05 PM
CNN has every right to call the nomination since he has the required delegates..

ron paul supporters are dreaming, yes we can plan all we want for the national ,but really we need a reality check real quick. if we are hoping for something bad to happen then we have lost already. if we wait until convention day then ,there is no hope for a independent run its a catch 22 the republican party doesnt want ron paul or the republican message and the ron paul supporters are so blind to see after convention day it will be over for ron paul and we have 4 yrs to build the party. we have one chance for convention after that its over in 4 yrs or we have to start our own party.

I'll be voting ron paul in general but to keep thinking we have a chance in the convention is becoming a pipe dream.

catch 22 sad but true whos to blame THE GOP PERIOD

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 09:06 PM
^ the rules are the rules there is no official nominee until the convention
I'm not contesting that...

icon124
03-04-2008, 09:10 PM
I think he can make an impact at the convention and open even more eyes, BUT he won't win...there's no way...and if he does win I'm playing the lottery that night

wgadget
03-04-2008, 09:11 PM
CNN has every right to call the nomination since he has the required delegates..

ron paul supporters are dreaming, yes we can plan all we want for the national ,but really we need a reality check real quick. if we are hoping for something bad to happen then we have lost already. if we wait until convention day then ,there is no hope for a independent run its a catch 22 the republican party doesnt want ron paul or the republican message and the ron paul supporters are so blind to see after convention day it will be over for ron paul and we have 4 yrs to build the party. we have one chance for convention after that its over in 4 yrs or we have to start our own party.

I'll be voting ron paul in general but to keep thinking we have a chance in the convention is becoming a pipe dream.

catch 22 sad but true whos to blame THE GOP PERIOD

However, the 1191 delegates that the MSM claims McInsane has are NOT ALL BOUND.

Paulitical Correctness
03-04-2008, 09:11 PM
I think he can make an impact at the convention and open even more eyes, BUT he won't win...there's no way...and if he does win I'm playing the lottery that night

I'd be too busy handing out "In your face"s to play the lottery, but I might make room for that the next day.

Vet_from_cali
03-04-2008, 09:14 PM
lol @ the possibility of a convention. THIS RACE IS SET, AND THERE WILL BE NO CONVENTION!!! YOU THINK THE ESTABLISHMENT WOULD LET THE POSSIBILITY OF RON PAUL GETTING IN POWER?

imma laugh at the people who think THIS IS A POSSIBILITY, the same way i laughed at the people who thought huckster would cut a deal with RP with the whole delegate scheme...LOL

Thomas Paine
03-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Well, that's game, set, and match. It's game over for Ron Paul. FUCK YOU JESSE BENTON AND ALL YOU OTHER INCOMPETENTS IN HQ FOR SNATCHING DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY AND PISSING AWAY $25,000,000 OF OUR DONATIONS FOR SINGLE DIGIT FINISHES!!!

faisal
03-04-2008, 09:19 PM

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 09:21 PM
lol @ the possibility of a convention. THIS RACE IS SET, AND THERE WILL BE NO CONVENTION!!! YOU THINK THE ESTABLISHMENT WOULD LET THE POSSIBILITY OF RON PAUL GETTING IN POWER?

imma laugh at the people who think THIS IS A POSSIBILITY, the same way i laughed at the people who thought huckster would cut a deal with RP with the whole delegate scheme...LOL

Well, that's game, set, and match. It's game over for Ron Paul. FUCK YOU JESSE BENTON AND ALL YOU OTHER INCOMPETENTS IN HQ FOR SNATCHING DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY AND PISSING AWAY $25,000,000 OF OUR DONATIONS FOR SINGLE DIGIT FINISHES!!!
+1 :o

qh4dotcom
03-04-2008, 10:13 PM

Huckabee's miracles can happen...such as McCain going to jail for violating campaign laws

the next McCain scandal....he's got skin cancer, etc.

molly_pitcher
03-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Huckabee's miracles can happen...such as McCain going to jail for violating campaign laws

the next McCain scandal....he's got skin cancer, etc.

don't forget the fact that he is a gross fascist.

atthegates
03-05-2008, 12:31 AM

QF-fucking-T

BigRedBrent
03-05-2008, 02:53 AM
don't forget the fact that he is a gross fascist.

Heck yeah. We need to bring the wrath of true patriots everywhere down on this asshole. And I do not use the word asshole lightly folks. If a time to smear a candidate was ever needed now is the time. He should be the most hated person on planet earth before this election is over even if he wins the nomination. I would rather have Hillary win then this sack of shit (again I do not use the word shit lightly). And that is saying a lot since I never in my life thought I would hate anyone more then Hillary Clinton.

warispeace
03-05-2008, 03:06 AM
Heck yeah. We need to bring the wrath of true patriots everywhere down on this asshole. And I do not use the word asshole lightly folks. If a time to smear a candidate was ever needed now is the time. He should be the most hated person on planet earth before this election is over even if he wins the nomination. I would rather have Hillary win then this sack of shit (again I do not use the word shit lightly). And that is saying a lot since I never in my life thought I would hate anyone more then Hillary Clinton.
Amen, brother! This is war!

affa
03-05-2008, 03:33 AM

Uh...
Um...
Why are you here?

Let's put it this way -- let's say we TOOK New Hampshire. Let's say that rallied the troops and we took quite a few states along the way, and we had a 'honest to goodness' fair shot at a brokered convention.

You know what the media would be saying? That we were 'stealing' the election and that 'fake' republicans were voting for ron paul and subverting the vote.

We were NEVER going to be handed this on a silver platter, we will always be either kookified or vilified, and that's the way it is and always has been.

So you can either keep pushing forward or not.

But hey, whatever, you've been posting super negative in just about every thread so what do I know.

Brian4Liberty
05-15-2012, 11:25 PM

However, the 1191 delegates that the MSM claims McInsane has are NOT ALL BOUND.

Delegates? Deja vu, all over again. ;)

Flugel89
05-15-2012, 11:36 PM

Not that it isn't a good idea to reflect on the similarities and differences of today versus 2008, but good job reviving a 4 year old thread. :P

Brian4Liberty
05-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Not that it isn't a good idea to reflect on the similarities and differences of today versus 2008, but good job reviving a 4 year old thread. :P

Feeling nostalgic for some reason... :p

Indy Vidual
05-15-2012, 11:46 PM
We have all been here before vs. Every day is unique!

Indy Vidual
05-15-2012, 11:48 PM

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends...

John F Kennedy III
05-16-2012, 12:33 AM
Where am I?

RonPaulFanInGA
05-17-2012, 07:58 AM
LOL, I can't wait until the convention when they will all have their jaws drop as Ron Paul gathers vote after vote.

Four years later and we're still getting the same old fantasies.