PDA

View Full Version : Delegates that are open for Paul

nate895
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I know I am missing some, if someone can find me the rule for a state on delegate selection so that it becomes possible for Ron Paul to get those delegates, please inform me.
Alaska: 26
Arizona: 50
Arkansas: 31
Colorado: 43
Conneticut: 27
Florida: 57
Georgia: 69
Hawaii: 17
Idaho: 29
Indiana: 54
Iowa: 37
Kentucky: 42
Maine: 18
Massachusetts: 40
Minnesota: 38
Mississippi: 36
Missouri: 55
Montana: 25
Nebraska: 30
Nevada: 31
New Jersey: 49
New Mexico: 29
North Carolina: 66
North Dakota: 26
Oklahoma: 38
Oregon: 27 (100% certain that you must amend the rules)
Pennsylvania: 74
Texas: 137
Utah: 33
Virginia: 60
Vermont: 14
Washington: 37
Total: 1162 1345

italics=possible, if they do not bind delegates to candidates who have dropped out.
Red=possible, but unlikely

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:09 PM
bump, from the projections.

gerryb
03-04-2008, 08:11 PM
He can get New Jersey delegates. Delegates are voted for on June 3rd in NJ...

UtahApocalypse
03-04-2008, 08:15 PM
We still can get some of the Utah delegates. This is because the state party by-laws still require that the first round goes to Romney. So in a second round of voting they are unbound. However, at this point a second round is very unlikely and no chance to get those votes :(

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
He can get New Jersey delegates. Delegates are voted for on June 3rd in NJ...

Thank you, and if you are in New Jersey, try to get the delegates to run as people who will merely represent the conservatives at the convention.

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
We still can get some of the Utah delegates. This is because the state party by-laws still require that the first round goes to Romney. So in a second round of voting they are unbound. However, at this point a second round is very unlikely and no chance to get those votes :(

How does Utah select delegates? If it is at a state convention then you can change the rules with a 2/3 majority vote.

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:24 PM
bump because of troll-o-mania.

hopeforamerica
03-04-2008, 08:25 PM
In AZ the delegates will be bound in the first round to McCain. However, in the second round they will be able to vote for whoever they want. Many of us are going to try and become delegates, but the state convention has not happened yet, so there are no numbers to give.

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:27 PM
In AZ the delegates will be bound in the first round to McCain. However, in the second round they will be able to vote for whoever they want. Many of us are going to try and become delegates, but the state convention has not happened yet, so there are no numbers to give.

If you get a 2/3 majority at a state convention, you can override the primary vote by changing the rules.

nate895
03-04-2008, 08:49 PM
bump

nate895
03-04-2008, 10:24 PM
bump

Zeeder
03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
bump because of troll-o-mania.
Amen.

nate895
03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Someone, I need more rules and it is impossible to go through them your self, especially since half aren't even on the site.

Vet_from_cali
03-04-2008, 10:46 PM
I know I am missing some, if someone can find me the rule for a state on delegate selection so that it becomes possible for Ron Paul to get those delegates, please inform me.
Total: 1043

made me smile, even though it may not be true :rolleyes:

nate895
03-04-2008, 10:57 PM
made me smile, even though it may not be true :rolleyes:

Who says it isn't true, I looked through the basic amendment and delegate procedure in each state from the Green Papers, and checked on GOP websites I suspected had caucuses (such as Utah) and built the list.

golfboy
03-04-2008, 11:22 PM
we got nebraska on lockdown. :D

lets do this folks, and never quit believing.

10 year from now, do you want to have any regrets?

we'll show u how it's done in nebraska

JordanQ72
03-04-2008, 11:24 PM
If you get a 2/3 majority at a state convention, you can override the primary vote by changing the rules.

Where did you read this nonsense exactly?

Maybe you can, but then your state's delegates won't be seated if you used a distribution method different than the one that was due to the RNC a while back.

nate895
03-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Where did you read this nonsense exactly?

Maybe you can, but then your state's delegates won't be seated if you used a distribution method different than the one that was due to the RNC a while back.

See, it is only how you elect delegates, and we only are changing who they are pledged/unpledged to.

nate895
03-05-2008, 09:08 PM
bump for positivism (not legal positivism, though, that is evil)

nate895
03-07-2008, 10:26 PM
bump

Banana
03-08-2008, 04:30 PM
and this is where this counts.

Win the delegates=win more liberty candidates and propel Revolution further.

Take over convention -> Take over congress.

nate895
03-08-2008, 05:17 PM
and this is where this counts.

Win the delegates=win more liberty candidates and propel Revolution further.

Take over convention -> Take over congress.

How would there be more liberty candidates? The Convention only selects the Presidential and Vice Presidential Nominee, and nothing else.

Banana
03-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Not directly, no, but as I stated in other posts, by taking over the convention and subsequently packing the various committees with RPRs, we make the party as whole more friendlier toward liberty candidate and add some measure of accountability to the corrupt representatives.

I advance this because some people decided that presidential campaign is over and we should focus on other candidates such as Sabrin, which I think is good thing, but are ignoring the fact that GOP is ripe for taking over and would propel the revolution further much more than if we just donated to other candidates.

Hope that makes sense....

nate895
03-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Not directly, no, but as I stated in other posts, by taking over the convention and subsequently packing the various committees with RPRs, we make the party as whole more friendlier toward liberty candidate and add some measure of accountability to the corrupt representatives.

I advance this because some people decided that presidential campaign is over and we should focus on other candidates such as Sabrin, which I think is good thing, but are ignoring the fact that GOP is ripe for taking over and would propel the revolution further much more than if we just donated to other candidates.

Hope that makes sense....

I say we make a rule that only delegates that are selected through caucuses count at the National Convention, and that caucuses must be held at 7 AM on a Saturday.

Misesian
03-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Florida: 57
Total: 1100

You can take off FL because we are bound for the first 3 votes. I'm not aware of any state convention to change the rules either. We simply meet on the 29th and this is when we have our caucus to select the delegates. It's pretty much the county GOP chairs that choose the delegates too.

Banana
03-08-2008, 05:30 PM
You can take off FL because we are bound for the first 3 votes. I'm not aware of any state convention to change the rules either. We simply meet on the 29th and this is when we have our caucus to select the delegates. It's pretty much the county GOP chairs that choose the delegates too.

If you can select RPRs to be Florida delegates, then I'd leave this on even if they will be bound for three votes.

nate895
03-08-2008, 05:35 PM

If you get all 57 delegates, then you can just vote against your pledge.

Banana
03-08-2008, 05:42 PM
If you get all 57 delegates, then you can just vote against your pledge.

I'd consult lawyers on that one first, though.

Don't want to end up with them getting kicked out for doing so and thus injure the whole movement.

Personally, I'd like this scenario:

1) Delegates nominate John McCain for President.

2) Delegates pass a No-confidence vote against McCain.

3) McCain blows his gasket.

4) Delegates moves to reconsider; nominates Paul.

nate895
03-08-2008, 05:48 PM
I'd consult lawyers on that one first, though.

Don't want to end up with them getting kicked out for doing so and thus injure the whole movement.

Personally, I'd like this scenario:

1) Delegates nominate John McCain for President.

2) Delegates pass a No-confidence vote against McCain.

If necessary, yes, but if they are willing to accept the consequences, if we lose a mere 57 people, we should recover quickly.

Matthew P.
03-08-2008, 05:52 PM

I know who two of those delegates are! ;) I also know that there are several more. . .

Banana
03-08-2008, 05:56 PM
If necessary, yes, but if they are willing to accept the consequences, if we lose a mere 57 people, we should recover quickly.

But consider the bigger picture.

Even if we had 57 people who were willing to die for Ron Paul, the consequence would translate into negative publicity and turn public against Ron Paul.

It's hard to have unfavorable opinion of Ron Paul if all delegates did was to pass a resolution expressing their disapproval of McCain's shoddy behavior (FEC funding for example) which led to a blowout and rescinding the nomination, but "I'm voting for Paul, eat my shorts!" is just petulant, no matter how just it actually is.

nate895
03-08-2008, 06:08 PM
But consider the bigger picture.

Even if we had 57 people who were willing to die for Ron Paul, the consequence would translate into negative publicity and turn public against Ron Paul.

It's hard to have unfavorable opinion of Ron Paul if all delegates did was to pass a resolution expressing their disapproval of McCain's shoddy behavior (FEC funding for example) which led to a blowout and rescinding the nomination, but "I'm voting for Paul, eat my shorts!" is just petulant, no matter how just it actually is.

I'm not even sure if the delegates can move to reconsider.

Banana
03-08-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm not even sure if the delegates can move to reconsider.

Unless the convention's rules state otherwise, it's in RRO- 'Motion to Reconsider'

nate895
03-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Unless the convention's rules state otherwise, it's in RRO- 'Motion to Reconsider'

Well, that is the official rulebook, and I have found Kentucky doesn't technically bind her delegates and are selected by conventions. +42, we are now only 22 from the magic number.

nate895
03-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Vermont, 8 more to go.

d03boy
03-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Are these people signed up or people who are actually going or... ?

nate895
03-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Are these people signed up or people who are actually going or... ?

Possible delegate spots.

Banana
03-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Possible delegate spots.

And to drive the point home, it's up to the grassroots, you and me to see to that every and each of those spots are secured for Paul, even if they may end up bound to other candidates.

This is something that HQ can't screw up because they have no say in the process. It is grassroots' to lose.

nate895
03-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey, if we can get these delegates (or at least 1050), and bound delegates to Huckabee or Romney stay with their guy, or at least vote against McCain, it will go to the second ballot.

nate895
03-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Hey, we have hit it if Montana goes with the number 2 since Romney dropped. Don't forget the three Huck's people promised in West Virginia.

nate895
03-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh, and if we can get those Pennsylvania delegates elected. +74, I'm putting it under the "unlikely" column, however.

Banana
03-08-2008, 07:30 PM
It would be really fun if we won Pennslyvania.... :D

Even if there wasn't any chance, it would be nice to see folks in PA keeping tabs of who voted to prove or disprove the election fraud. (I understand it's a diebold primary, correct/)

nate895
03-08-2008, 07:32 PM
It would be really fun if we won Pennslyvania.... :D

Even if there wasn't any chance, it would be nice to see folks in PA keeping tabs of who voted to prove or disprove the election fraud. (I understand it's a diebold primary, correct/)

I think the delegates should run as people who want to represent the conservatives at the convention, not as Ron Paul delegates.

Banana
03-08-2008, 07:45 PM
oh sure. I know that GOP may be hostile and thus stealth is warranted, but I was thinking bout primary vote itself, since there's no incentives for everyone to turn out since McCain has the magic number. Would be fun just to mess with his head just for once. ;)

nate895
03-08-2008, 07:51 PM
oh sure. I know that GOP may be hostile and thus stealth is warranted, but I was thinking bout primary vote itself, since there's no incentives for everyone to turn out since McCain has the magic number. Would be fun just to mess with his head just for once. ;)

Not to mention that I could finally see Paul at the top of the CNN results.

Aratus
03-09-2008, 10:17 AM
bump!

TruthAtLast
03-09-2008, 10:40 AM

:D I'd pay a lot of money to see this happen.

TruthAtLast
03-09-2008, 10:44 AM
I think the delegates should run as people who want to represent the conservatives at the convention, not as Ron Paul delegates.

does anyone know the affect of converting others and gaining support if you don't attach your name to Ron Paul right from the start?

If you said you wanted to support the conservatives at the convention (basically an anti-McCain) would we be more likely to get buy-in from Huck/Romney supporters?

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-09-2008, 10:51 AM
with all do respect, I don't know why we want to
air all this delegate projection out there for all the
world to see.

nate895
03-09-2008, 12:04 PM
does anyone know the affect of converting others and gaining support if you don't attach your name to Ron Paul right from the start?

If you said you wanted to support the conservatives at the convention (basically an anti-McCain) would we be more likely to get buy-in from Huck/Romney supporters?

See the Gaining Momentum thread.

voytechs
03-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Excellent - keep encouragement going. We're still in the race. Dr. Paul is a very skilled and sly politician with lots of tricks up his sleeve. He's been wanting this thing to go down under the radar from the beginning. He's also given us a little kick in the behind with the latest message.

We need a big MONEY BOMB, to return that little kick 10 fold back to him.

Ball
03-09-2008, 04:54 PM
State rules don't apply at national.

Just make sure our guys are at national (and McCain's aren't).

Banana
03-09-2008, 05:45 PM
State rules don't apply at national.

Agreed- good idea to do homework for your own state convention, and national.

Just make sure our guys are at national (and McCain's aren't).

This is our primary goal, yes, but it helps a lot to have our guys at state conventions, too in order to select our guys for the national, and if possible, give them free reins.

spacehabitats
03-09-2008, 06:12 PM
This section of the forums is too crowded.
Can we pretty please with sugar on it have a section devoted to

Delegates -- Tactics, resolutions, sample speeches, inspiring successes, education

I know it would not keep the trolls out but it would be a little more obvious who they were when they showed up spewing their irrelevancies and burying the really useful information.

nate895
03-09-2008, 06:13 PM
This section of the forums is too crowded.
Can we pretty please with sugar on it have a section devoted to

Delegates -- Tactics, resolutions, sample speeches, inspiring successes, education

I know it would not keep the trolls out but it would be a little more obvious who they were when they showed up spewing their irrelevancies and burying the really useful information.

That is called the National Convention subforum, no one ever goes there, though.

nate895
03-09-2008, 10:45 PM
bump for Mississipians.

nate895
03-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Connecticut can help us out too

nate895
03-10-2008, 05:12 PM
bump

american.swan
03-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Using 2004 bound and unbound rules and 2008 delegate numbers, I don't see how McCain doesn't win on the first ballot without some serious help from GOD.

I am really skeptical this is going to work. Why? They like announce the results from their state conventions don't they? Especially if their bound? Rules need changing.

We need a flood of Ron Paul supporters in each GOP convention across the country and I am worried that isn't happening to the extent it needs to.

Also, we need to populate all the "pre-convention" committee meetings so we can get ROn Paul elected GOP Chairman if we have to.

Get Ron Paul GOP supporters elected to your state GOP chairmanships.

So many doubts are going through my mind. I can't even sort through them. I am having mass variable overload. So many variables and so much work has to happen that it's almost impossible that Ron can pull this out.

I think the MSM is reporting McCain's GOP nomination because he has the bound delegates needed to win. So we have to change rules or something nutty has to happen.

I am in total agreement that we need to flood the GOP and overrun the party and fill every spot with Ron Paul supporters. We need Ron Paul supporting State gop chairmans. It's great Dr. Paul is staying in the GOP so we can totally dominate the party.

How about a motion at national to kick out any GOP elected official in 2010 who doesn't vote according to the party platform over the next two years?

nate895
03-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Using 2004 bound and unbound rules and 2008 delegate numbers, I don't see how McCain doesn't win on the first ballot without some serious help from GOD.

I am really skeptical this is going to work. Why? They like announce the results from their state conventions don't they? Especially if their bound? Rules need changing.

We need a flood of Ron Paul supporters in each GOP convention across the country and I am worried that isn't happening to the extent it needs to.

Also, we need to populate all the "pre-convention" committee meetings so we can get ROn Paul elected GOP Chairman if we have to.

Get Ron Paul GOP supporters elected to your state GOP chairmanships.

So many doubts are going through my mind. I can't even sort through them. I am having mass variable overload. So many variables and so much work has to happen that it's almost impossible that Ron can pull this out.

I think the MSM is reporting McCain's GOP nomination because he has the bound delegates needed to win. So we have to change rules or something nutty has to happen.

I am in total agreement that we need to flood the GOP and overrun the party and fill every spot with Ron Paul supporters. We need Ron Paul supporting State gop chairmans. It's great Dr. Paul is staying in the GOP so we can totally dominate the party.

How about a motion at national to kick out any GOP elected official in 2010 who doesn't vote according to the party platform over the next two years?

Once again, he has 983 currently bound delegates, and some of those aren't really bound (i.e., Texas).

And, each delegation holds a caucus and they announce the result of that.

CGMike
03-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Bump and a note about Maine's 18

Maine's delegates are all officially unbound right up to the national convention, and those delegates won't be selected until May 2-3 at the state convention.

nate895
03-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Bump and a note about Maine's 18

Maine's delegates are all officially unbound right up to the national convention, and those delegates won't be selected until May 2-3 at the state convention.

Do you happen to know if you guys can get the necessary delegates to the state convention?

CGMike
03-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Maine's internal polling is showing us with at least 1/3 of the total delegates at the convention. Though numbers can change if delegates drop out and alternates are chosen in their place. I'm the head of my city's delegation to the state convention (and we are the largest one in the state with 59 delegates and another 29 alternates) And with a majority of RP supporters in our delegaqtion we hope to get two of our own elected to National as part of the 18. We also plan on pushing through platform changes as well (which is our main goal for the convention) and showing off our "RP Republican" candidates we have running in various state house and senate districts.

Rangeley
03-10-2008, 08:10 PM
So is there really a credible shot at getting a lot of these delegates? I know there are some favorable looking states in there, like Maine (which I am a delegate for,) but is there a legitimate chance to get a substantial amount of these other ones?

nate895
03-10-2008, 08:13 PM
So is there really a credible shot at getting a lot of these delegates? I know there are some favorable looking states in there, like Maine (which I am a delegate for,) but is there a legitimate chance to get a substantial amount of these other ones?

Washington, Colorado, Nevada, and Hawaii are states where there is a high probability we can get them all, most other states on that list haven't caucused/met yet (in the other states, it depends on who shows up and how many can be converted). Check out your state GOP website and make sure that you attend your caucus or mass meeting whenever it is.