PDA

View Full Version : My War on Political Correctness!

IcyPeaceMaker
03-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I have been making war against political correctness ever since it started. Why? Because it inhibits intellectual discourse and growth. Words have plain meanings which PC trys to decapitate.

Universities have altered mass thought paterns to accomodate PC and have unreasonably defined the borders of the exchange of ideas, they have limited debate and stiffled discourse on many important topics which MUST be discussed if we are ever to find a cure for what ails us as a nation.

Furthermore, the origins of political correctness are far from honorable, PC was couched to dissuade open debate on topics essencial to our well being as a nation.

Origins of political correctness:
http://www.academia.org/lectures/lind1.html

In Part:

In conclusion, America today is in the throws of the greatest and direst transformation in its history. We are becoming an ideological state, a country with an official state ideology enforced by the power of the state. In "hate crimes" we now have people serving jail sentences for political thoughts. And the Congress is now moving to expand that category ever further. Affirmative action is part of it. The terror against anyone who dissents from Political Correctness on campus is part of it. It’s exactly what we have seen happen in Russia, in Germany, in Italy, in China, and now it’s coming here. And we don’t recognize it because we call it Political Correctness and laugh it off. My message today is that it’s not funny, it’s here, it’s growing and it will eventually destroy, as it seeks to destroy, everything that we have ever defined as our freedom and our culture.

clouds
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I remeber hating political correctness before I realized what it was completely.