PDA

View Full Version : McCain Projected Winner with 0% of Vote in.....

NEPA_Revolution
03-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah, cnn . com that is bull.

rp4prez
03-04-2008, 06:22 PM
I really don't understand how they can do this.

VRP08
03-04-2008, 06:23 PM

They can. Watch them!:mad:

rg123

Its called Diebold

nodope0695
I just noticed that too...there are less than 300 votes counted, yet they project a winner??? WTF?

DFF

Exit polling...minus Ron of course. Then Diebold takes care of the rest.

rajibo
That's my projection too.

acmegeek
AAAAHHHH!!!! What??? This is just too insane to even consider. With a total of 235 votes for the state they are calling McCain???????

acmegeek
03-04-2008, 06:24 PM
how many voters will just look at this percentage and not even think to look at the vote count? Sheesh.

PaleoConservative
03-04-2008, 06:29 PM
It's called exit polls. Most of the time, these exit polls turn out to correctly call the winner.

Stop making Ron Paul look bad with this conspiracy nonsense. You people are the reason Ron Paul's movement got discredited.

DFF
03-04-2008, 06:31 PM
It's called exit polls. Most of the time, these exit polls turn out to correctly call the winner.

Stop making Ron Paul look bad with this conspiracy nonsense. You people are the reason Ron Paul's movement got discredited.

Yeah -- we're to blame. It doesn't have anything to do with the MSM blackout nor rigged electronic voting devices.

constitutional
03-04-2008, 06:32 PM

I don't believe in conspiracies but your statement is bullshit when you give that reason for our movement being discredited.

-lotus-
03-04-2008, 06:32 PM
now NBC is projecting McCain winning Ohio

devil21
03-04-2008, 06:33 PM
It's 100% intentional, in order to call the races and get the media spin going as quickly as possible for the news cycle. If they ended up being wrong and called it for the wrong candidate, would they even admit it? Reminds me of NH where all the exit polling said Obama but Hillary ended up winning. They did NOT call that one for Obama at 250 votes but rather spent all their time explaining why their exit polls were so wrong. It's all a game to them and they always seem to know the outcome. Hmmm....

acmegeek
03-04-2008, 06:33 PM
well, maybe they do have exit polls, but their own site says <1% reporting... At least mention it in the article that so assuredly claims McCain won...

Give me liberty
03-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Diebold Already picked the candidates thats what i think.

Thus this election is a shame. shamefully.

AdamT

They know the sheep are under their mind control.

PaleoConservative
Name one example of Ron Paul losing because of rigged voting devices?

MSM didn't cover Paul as much as I would have liked because he never reached high enough in the polls to be considered a legitimate candidate. By legitimate, I mean having a chance to get the Republican nomination.

Did you really think McCain wasn't going to win in Vermont or Ohio? He was clearly winning by large margins in those states.

abe447
03-04-2008, 06:36 PM
It's called exit polls you dopes. I swear, some of you don't really have Ron Paul's best interests in mind. You go off spouting conspiracies about everything and it makes Ron Paul look like a kook. Exit polls show John McCain won Vermont and Ohio very easily, so it's logical to assume that McCain won these states. This kind of thread comes up after every primary and it's stupid. Some of you need to think! THINK! There's nothing wrong with being logical on these forums.

PaleoConservative
03-04-2008, 06:38 PM
"I don't believe in conspiracies but your statement is bullshit when you give that reason for our movement being discredited."

It might not be the only reason why, but it is certainly one of them.

Sandra
03-04-2008, 06:39 PM

I've got news for you! CNN CLAIMS to do exit polls but they don't. I've seen them send reporters in 2004 to polling places that they claimed were being exit polled but there was none. There would be a physical presence of exit pollsters for the entire length of the process if there were an exit poll. Instead, a reporter showed up and interviewed 1 voter and left. She said this precinct is being polled and it was a lie. Exit polling is extremely complicated and the way CNN is claiming to do it is NOT possible. They are in fact calling it before the polls are closed now.

rg123
03-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Ask yourself this how many of us were asked in exit polls.

DFF
03-04-2008, 06:43 PM
I voted today in TX, and no one asked me jack s**t.

homah
03-04-2008, 06:44 PM
math

TruthAtLast
03-04-2008, 06:44 PM

You're friggin joking right? I don't have the time or energy to rip into you for the complete ignorance and blinded sense of reality. To think that the reason why Ron Paul was discredited was because of his supporters is so far dismissed from the logic of a rational person that it wouldn't matter what I said or the mountain of well documented evidence to contradict it.

You, sir, are the problem.

Sandra
03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Challenge!: Find out where CNN is doing the exit polls. Then contact voters of those precincts to get details.

abe447
03-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Paleo is not the problem, he's the only other one here being logical. Folks, McCain was going to sweep tonight in a landslide. It's like Ron Paul vs. Chris Peden. There's already exit polling out showing Ron Paul way ahead. Will they wait until every damn vote is in or is it pretty safe to assume that Ron Paul has won? THINK! THINK LOGICALLY!

Rede
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Not to sound like i support the MSM, but its not hard to figure out who is going to win when one candidate has 75% of the vote and you're doing exit polling.

eOs
03-04-2008, 06:49 PM

Why are you trying to silence legitimate concerns about voter fraud. Click the link in my signature for a testimony on computer software voter fraud in Florida in the 2000 elections.

Vote fraud is REAL.

Royksopp
03-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Learn statistics plox.

And stop making these threads every fucking time results come in.

PaleoConservative
03-04-2008, 06:52 PM
"You're friggin joking right? I don't have the time or energy to rip into you for the complete ignorance and blinded sense of reality. "

There is an abundance of evidence to support my claim. Maybe you missed the hundreds of negative articles talking various conspiracy groups, neo-nazi and 911 truthers supporting Ron Paul. It hurt his campaign.

"To think that the reason why Ron Paul was discredited was because of his supporters is so far dismissed from the logic of a rational person that it wouldn't matter what I said or the mountain of well documented evidence to contradict it."

I was writing about the conspiracy supporters of Dr. Paul. If I didn't make that clear the first time, then consider it clear now.

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 06:53 PM
You guys are freaking ridiculous. Of course he's projected the winner. I projected he'd be the winner last week.

Do you guys even use your brains? I remember the same crap in previous primaries/caucuses. People get upset and start jumping to conspiracy theory conclusions even though the data (albeit incomplete, but that's why it's a PROJECTION) clearly shows him in the lead. The most common of senses suggests he'd be in the lead.

I agree with the person who said this is mainly the reason we're discredited. Get a grip on reality...

devil21
03-04-2008, 06:57 PM
It's called exit polls you dopes. I swear, some of you don't really have Ron Paul's best interests in mind. You go off spouting conspiracies about everything and it makes Ron Paul look like a kook. Exit polls show John McCain won Vermont and Ohio very easily, so it's logical to assume that McCain won these states. This kind of thread comes up after every primary and it's stupid. Some of you need to think! THINK! There's nothing wrong with being logical on these forums.

Well we KNOW you don't. Why are you still posting here? Don't you have a McWar rally to attend?

On topic. The problem is that once they make these projections, the actual outcome DOESNT MATTER! Instead of trying to one-up each other (the networks) they should just wait until the actual vote count supports their exiting polling, not the other way around.

syborius
03-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Why are you trying to silence legitimate concerns about voter fraud. Click the link in my signature for a testimony on computer software voter fraud in Florida in the 2000 elections.

Vote fraud is REAL.

There is a strong brigade here that fights extremely hard at the slightest questioning of voter fraud. How anyone can justify calling a state with 300 votes in is beyond me, and leads me to believe they are paid shills and spies trying to keep the system intact.

http://www.deweydefeatstruman.com/DeweyTruman%20009.jpg

RevolutionSD
"You're friggin joking right? I don't have the time or energy to rip into you for the complete ignorance and blinded sense of reality. "

There is an abundance of evidence to support my claim. Maybe you missed the hundreds of negative articles talking various conspiracy groups, neo-nazi and 911 truthers supporting Ron Paul. It hurt his campaign.

"To think that the reason why Ron Paul was discredited was because of his supporters is so far dismissed from the logic of a rational person that it wouldn't matter what I said or the mountain of well documented evidence to contradict it."

I was writing about the conspiracy supporters of Dr. Paul. If I didn't make that clear the first time, then consider it clear now.

Bullshit.
If not for Alex Jones, RP's campaign may not even have gotten off the ground. Most 9/11 truthers are polite and know when to separate the two things. Jones and the truthers were a huge part of the campaign and should be thanked not dissed here.

Paulitician

Vote fraud is REAL.
No shit?

If you have an evidence of vote fraud, please present it. Otherwise, there is really no use jumping to conclusions with your various conpiracy theories. It gets annoying after the first 30 times, you know :rolleyes:

abe447
03-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Well we KNOW you don't. Why are you still posting here? Don't you have a McWar rally to attend?

Yep. I don't think diebold and the government controlled media cost Ron Paul the election so I must be for John McCain! That sure is logical! Good detective work there, Columbo! You don't see me posting crazy 9/11 truth conspiracies. You don't see me posting white supremacist crap. You don't see me posting anti-semetic remarks. And you don't see me believing that every single thing that goes against Ron Paul is a conspiracy. All of these people DO NOT have Ron Paul's best interests at heart. They have their own and that's why the post them on this Ron Paul message board and shout them at Ron Paul rallies. They have hurt the campaign far more than any of our logical, realistic supporters like me.

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 07:04 PM
There is a strong brigade here that fights extremely hard at the slightest questioning of voter fraud. How anyone can justify calling a state with 300 votes in is beyond me, and leads me to believe they are paid shills and spies trying to keep the system intact.
LOL, you're so nutty

colecrowe
03-04-2008, 07:05 PM
It's obvious to any reasonable person using logic and reason that the vote is rigged, becauase Ron Paul should have won. Diebold did it. I mean, I can understand for Iowa because they were evangelicals, they loved Bush, and they like corn subsidies. But all the rest were rigged. And the polls too.

But it's almost guaranteed that Ron Paul will win in a brokered convention. And if that doesn't happen, we will know that they are using mind control techniques in St. Paul.

homah
03-04-2008, 07:06 PM
No shit?

If you have an evidence of vote fraud, please present it. Otherwise, there is really no use jumping to conclusions with your various conpiracy theories. It gets annoying after the first 30 times, you know :rolleyes:

I believe there is vote fraud, but not on the scale many here believe. I say this even though my vote in my state's primary was not counted for Dr. Paul, according to my county's website (btw, I informed the campaign and got no response).

colecrowe
03-04-2008, 07:06 PM

Um, yeah... Or exit polls. Occam's razor.

devil21
03-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Yep. I don't think diebold and the government controlled media cost Ron Paul the election so I must be for John McCain! That sure is logical! Good detective work there, Columbo! You don't see me posting crazy 9/11 truth conspiracies. You don't see me posting white supremacist crap. You don't see me posting anti-semetic remarks. And you don't see me believing that every single thing that goes against Ron Paul is a conspiracy. All of these people DO NOT have Ron Paul's best interests at heart. They have their own and that's why the post them on this Ron Paul message board and shout them at Ron Paul rallies. They have hurt the campaign far more than any of our logical, realistic supporters like me.

You're so full of shit. Every post you make has some reference to how McCain has the nomination wrapped up, how the Paul campaign is done, and how the supporters are the cause of the failure. If you think it's done then stop posting here, because YOU are part of the problem, quitter.

syborius
03-04-2008, 07:15 PM
LOL, you're so nutty

resorting to ad-hominem attacks are we? I decided to take an independent poll to see how many voters have actually been polled. I like to find one, just one voter discussing how he was polled, what precinct he was polled at, and what apparatus was in place for the polling. Let's see how nutty I am Sir, as for you, you can stick your head back in the sand.

Sandra
03-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Abe HAS consistantly backed McCain on almost every post.

abe447
03-04-2008, 07:19 PM
You're so full of shit. Every post you make has some reference to how McCain has the nomination wrapped up, how the Paul campaign is done, and how the supporters are the cause of the failure. If you think it's done then stop posting here, because YOU are part of the problem, quitter.

McCain does have the nomination wrapped up and there are a lot of people here who agree! The Paul Presidential campaign is not done. They need to get as many delegates as possible in order to get a speaking role at the convention. I believe Ron Paul himself has said this. He's fighting for every delegate up to the convention. Hopefully we can get more Ron Paul Republicans in Congress.

Some of Paul's supporters who have their own agendas are the problem and if you ignore that, it's really too bad. We have a guy in another thread talking about what a great guy David Duke is. David Duke! These people are what's wrong! They've driven off all of the rational and moderate supporters. Look at the damn active member forum graph at ronpaulgraphs.com! Some Ron Paul supporters are to blame for the fringe label and that's a fact.

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 07:22 PM
resorting to ad-hominem attacks are we? I decided to take an independent poll to see how many voters have actually been polled. I like to find one, just one voter discussing how he was polled, what precinct he was polled at, and what apparatus was in place for the polling. Let's see how nutty I am Sir, as for you, you can stick your head back in the sand.
Your "independent poll" was not at all scientific. Beside, you've given me reason to believe it is accurate, unscientific or otherwise.

No1ButPaul08
03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
The answer to this problem is simple. MSM is a business. If you don't like that they project winners off exit polls, don't give them business.

Every state has a website that shows the votes after they are actually counted. If you like to wait and not have the projections, I suggest you do this.

Just because they project a winner does not mean that it's the case. It's just their PROJECTION. They are taking the risk of being wrong and hurting their "reputation"

humanic
03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Number of respondents to CNN's exit poll in Ohio in 2008:
716 [source (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/#OHREP)]

Number of people who voted in Ohio's Republican Primary in the year 2000:
1,397,528 [source (http://www.thegreenpapers.com/PCC/OH-R.html)]

I plugged this into a Margin of Error Calculator (http://www.omnibus.com/calculator_margin.php) and got a margin of error of 3.7%, and a confidence level of 95%. This means that there is a 95% chance that the actual numbers lie will fall within 3.7% of the exit poll results.

EDIT: This is assuming that the respondents were really chosen completely at random from the total population voting Republicans in Ohio AND that they are reporting the results truthfully, neither of which we have any way of knowing.

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 07:28 PM
The answer to this problem is simple. MSM is a business. If you don't like that they project winners off exit polls, don't give them business.

Every state has a website that shows the votes after they are actually counted. If you like to wait and not have the projections, I suggest you do this.

Just because they project a winner does not mean that it's the case. It's just their PROJECTION. They are taking the risk of being wrong and hurting their "reputation"
They can change their projections, you know. It's so simple to figure out, a 5 year old can understand it. When the data shows someone is clearly in the lead, they are the projected winner. That can change. When no one is clearly in the lead, no candidate is projected the winner. Not risky at all.

No1ButPaul08
03-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Number of respondents to CNN's exit poll in Ohio in 2008:
716 [source (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/#OHREP)]

Number of people who voted in Ohio's Republican Primary in the year 2000:
1,397,528 [source (http://www.thegreenpapers.com/PCC/OH-R.html)]

I plugged this into a Margin of Error Calculator (http://www.omnibus.com/calculator_margin.php) and got a margin of error of 3.7%, and a confidence level of 95%. This means that there is a 95% chance that the actual numbers lie will fall within 3.7% of the exit poll results, assuming that the respondents were really chosen completely at random from the total population of the state.

And when the exit polls shows someone leading by 25%, it makes for a very easy projection.

This thread is classic.

colecrowe
03-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Diebold works for Ron Paul now, too. His race was called on CNN about 30 minutes after polls closing, with way less than 1% in.

How dare they use exit polls to call the race early! Those diebold bastards! I don't understand basic probability and statistics so that's why I'm complaining about this and spouting off conspiracy theories. Diebold and the Government controlled media conspired to call this race for Ron Paul before the polls closed! This is an outrage!

abe447
03-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Diebold works for Ron Paul now, too. His race was called on CNN about 30 minutes after polls closing, with way less than 1% in.

Apparently that's the only logical conclusion according to most here. Diebold screwed Chris Peden because the media called the race early. Even though exit polling clearly showed Ron Paul with a landslide victory, diebold was at fault. Ron Paul must have paid them off. That's the only logical conclusion.

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Apparently that's the only logical conclusion according to most here. Diebold screwed Chris Peden because the media called the race early. Even though exit polling clearly showed Ron Paul with a landslide victory, diebold was at fault. Ron Paul must have paid them off. That's the only logical conclusion.
+1

abe447
03-04-2008, 07:58 PM
And if you disagree with the conclusion that diebold cost Chris Peden the election because the government controlled media called the race early, you're a troll. You're either with us, or you're a troll. There's no in between here and different opinions certainly aren't welcome.

pacelli
03-04-2008, 08:01 PM
And if you disagree with the conclusion that diebold cost Chris Peden the election because the government controlled media called the race early, you're a troll. You're either with us, or you're a troll. There's no in between here and different opinions certainly aren't welcome.

Your sarcastic venom and hatred toward this community is more obvious than when you started posting.

blackwrx
03-04-2008, 08:11 PM
It seems that most of the people left on these forums are either completely wrapped up in conspiracy nonsense or are trolls. What happened to all the reasonable people who used to post on here?

devil21
03-04-2008, 08:29 PM
It seems that most of the people left on these forums are either completely wrapped up in conspiracy nonsense or are trolls. What happened to all the reasonable people who used to post on here?

You answered your own question lol.