PDA

View Full Version : McCain Wins Vermont

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
03-04-2008, 06:00 PM
CNN projects John McCain the winner in Vermont.

:mad:

Banana
03-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Let's hope that McCain walks away with delegates who are RP supporters. :D (if that is possible under their party rules- I have no clue, though)

tangent4ronpaul
03-04-2008, 06:03 PM
BUMMER!

Now the good news:

VT was the LAST winner take all state!

yeah!

-n

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
BUMMER!

Now the good news:

VT was the LAST winner take all state!

yeah!

-n

Yeah, that is good news!

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
03-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm calling it: 2nd place in Vermont tonight.

danielboon
there are no results 0% Idon't trust msm.

RP4EVER
Lets wait to see the offical tally....

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
03-04-2008, 06:11 PM
It is done by Exit Polls. McCain is clearly the winner in Vermont. Besides, when CNN projects, they have never been wrong before.

rg123
03-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Figures all the MSM had a winner the moment the clock struck 7:00 PM. Not a single minute later

QWE
03-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Figures all the MSM had a winner the moment the clock struck 7:00 PM. Not a single minute later

They use exit polls. They don't release those exit polls until AFTER the polls close because it would be wrong to release them while they're still open. That's why right at 7pm we get a projected winner in a race where McCain will obviously win.

Sheesh.

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
03-04-2008, 06:23 PM

Well, it is not like it is any different that any other primary.

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
03-04-2008, 06:24 PM
They use exit polls. They don't release those exit polls until AFTER the polls close because it would be wrong to release them while they're still open. That's why right at 7pm we get a projected winner in a race where McCain will obviously win.

Sheesh.

Thank you.

nodope0695
03-04-2008, 06:24 PM
I don't see how that is possible with less than 300 votes counted. WFT?

Give me liberty
03-04-2008, 06:25 PM
But Vermont Hates bush, oh oh why did the voters of Vermont vote for McCain:mad:

McCain will be the same has bush, only a bit more eviler. :mad::mad:

So much for there hate of bush.

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
03-04-2008, 06:27 PM
I don't see how that is possible with less than 300 votes counted. WFT?

EXIT POLLS! WHAT IS NOT TO GET?

danielboon
03-04-2008, 06:34 PM
im still waiting to see how brattleboro does i worked hard up there

RP4EVER
03-04-2008, 06:42 PM
but do they poll all voters leaving or some?

bcreps85
03-04-2008, 06:59 PM
They know because the vote is rigged and the winner was chosen eons ago. I still pose the same question I have in the past, how many McCain voters do any of you know?

I know plenty of people who aren't Ron Paul supporters, but none of them have voted for McCain either save one or two...and most of them are MSM watching morons. I quite simply don't buy that he is getting so much of the popular vote when I am hard pressed to find a single person who would vote for him...

dementedme
03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
old people.... tons and tons of old people... alot arent going to say theyre voting for mccain, but they just do...

we're screwed until america hits rock bottom...

once everyones fucked, thats when they'll realize what they asked for.

English Mastiff
03-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Is it official, then, did Ron take 2nd place in VT? How about OH and TX? Geez, I hope he at least took 2nd in VT and TX!! What source has the actual percentages? Thanks

Ron Paul Vermont
05-04-2008, 07:34 AM
But Vermont Hates bush, oh oh why did the voters of Vermont vote for McCain:mad:

McCain will be the same has bush, only a bit more eviler. :mad::mad:

So much for there hate of bush.

They do hate Bush. The media blackout really hurt. They all figured that Bush was a republican and democrats are different and they are sick of the clintons and Bush's so they voted Obama. If Ron Paul did some serious TV campaigning in this state then I am sure he would have won it.

pepperpete1
05-07-2008, 09:18 PM
They do hate Bush. The media blackout really hurt. They all figured that Bush was a republican and democrats are different and they are sick of the clintons and Bush's so they voted Obama. If Ron Paul did some serious TV campaigning in this state then I am sure he would have won it.

In spite of the blackout, the campaign could have run ads at least. We had absolutely zero ads......radio and television.....nada...zip...nothing. Oh how I would have liked to see how the campaign would have gone with fair media coverage and less put downs and no blackout.

I need to research how to sue the FCC. I know they broke the law but I do not have the funds for attorneys.

Thanks to all for their efforts. Keep on keepin' on.

Ron Paul Vermont
05-09-2008, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=pepperpete1;1442841]In spite of the blackout, the campaign could have run ads at least. We had absolutely zero ads......radio and television.....nada...zip...nothing. QUOTE]

Well I saw some RP adds run during the New Hampshire primary in Vermont. It was a New England TV station though. I also heard a radio add in a vermont radio station. He could have done more though. Maybe even stopped in and done a couple speaches. Vermont is a small state that does not like Bush and if most friends and reletives here realized that he would have gotten a lot more votes.

LittleLightShining
05-09-2008, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=pepperpete1;1442841]In spite of the blackout, the campaign could have run ads at least. We had absolutely zero ads......radio and television.....nada...zip...nothing. QUOTE]

Well I saw some RP adds run during the New Hampshire primary in Vermont. It was a New England TV station though. I also heard a radio add in a vermont radio station. He could have done more though. Maybe even stopped in and done a couple speaches. Vermont is a small state that does not like Bush and if most friends and reletives here realized that he would have gotten a lot more votes.I organized all the media ads in VT through the meetup groups. The radio and newspaper ads were funded by donations from Ron Paul supporters locally. I begged, pleaded with HQ to do some advertising here, especially since it was really cheap and seemed to be somewhat effective in at least getting his name and message out to targeted conservatives (the radio show) and the general populace (newspapers) in a few different parts of the state.

Governor Douglas' endorsement of John McCain and the Newt Gingrich-loving VTGOP chairman didn't do us any favors. Also, most of the conservatives were leaning towards Romney to begin with and the Christian vote went to Huckabee. When Romney dropped out a ridiculous amount of so-called conservatives did what Rush Limbaugh told them to do and crossed party lines to vote for Hillary. Also, many of the neo-cons did the same thing. I worked the polls and saw this disgusting display with my own 2 eyes.

slacker921
05-09-2008, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=Ron Paul Vermont;1445892].....When Romney dropped out a ridiculous amount of so-called conservatives did what Rush Limbaugh told them to do and crossed party lines to vote for Hillary. Also, many of the neo-cons did the same thing. I worked the polls and saw this disgusting display with my own 2 eyes.

Make sure you remind them every chance you get that they "wasted" a vote and allowed a liberal and warmonger to be the GOP nominee. By voting for Clinton they also helped build up the Obama machine.

LittleLightShining
05-09-2008, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=LittleLightShining;1445906]

Make sure you remind them every chance you get that they "wasted" a vote and allowed a liberal and warmonger to be the GOP nominee. By voting for Clinton they also helped build up the Obama machine.Oh, I do. To the people I know, anyway, and I've voiced that opinion on the radio many, many times and lamented it to the Gingrich-protege I mentioned above.

But I just got involved with my local GOP over the last 2 months or so. Though I'm making a quiet entry and trying to gauge the group, I have begun to get a feel for who's interested in the Constitution, who's a toe-the-line lockstepper and who's there to make money. I live in a very Republican district and as I begin to feel more comfortable and accepted by my new peers these people will have no doubts as to my conservativeness. Unfortunately here in Vermont the Democrats are so liberal that it's very easy to be a liberal Republican and still be viewed as a Conservative.

Something weird going on with the quote mechanism in this thread.