PDA

View Full Version : Black Box Voting Spearhead

cart123948
08-16-2007, 03:39 PM
It comes as no surprise that Diebold electronic voting machines have come under fire. Wikipedia articles explain much of the objectionable history of these machines and those who have controled the company. Diebold used to be named something like Global Election Systems before they bought Diebold.
I mean to cause a huge stink if I must in this state concerning this threat to the republic. Roger Villere Chairman of the Louisiana GOP got a message to call me back today. Second attempt. I will get him to agree there could be a problem with secret ballot tallying. Wish me luck.
There is an organization who spends time on this issue. I will investigate what they have done and seek their council on how to object to what is obviously devilish attack on our freedom in this state. Any ideas?
Carter

IrrigatedPancake
08-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Most important, it seems to me, is that a physical ballot be filled out by each voter and that those ballots remain in public view from the time the voter indicates their choice until all disputes of the outcome of the vote are settled. If that can be ensured, then the mechanism used to tally the votes (machines, humans, Mrs. Cleo, etc.) shouldn't create too much of a problem. The ballots, left in public's view, thus most likely untampered, can be counted and the results that come out should be the same as what went in.

By the way, are you Carter?