PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian Party Platform Survey

davidkachel
03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
As many RP supporters are/were also Libertarian Party members, a number of you have probably received a survey request from the LP with regard to their new platform.
I took the survey, reading the platform proposal of course, and here is my answer
(relevant to the RP forum I believe because of RP's LP ties and their desire to associate themselves with his presidential run or vice versa):

"I certainly look forward to the day when the LP finds some courage and stops assuming that non-aggression means letting a government run amok, beat us into a bloody, amorphous pulp.

Just exactly how far DO they have to go before the LP decides the non-aggression rule no longer applies?

We already live in a police state where they can spy on any of us at any time, drag us away to secret prisons without trial, enter our homes in the middle of the night without a warrant, take our property without charges or trial and never return it, steal our wages, catalog our children, murder any of us at any time with the simple excuse "he was a nut job", herd us like cattle and lie to us with a zeal even Hitler would have envied; AND STILL the Libertarian party writes platforms and aspires to the high office of dog catcher, hoping against hope that one day the ruling class that decides who will or will not rule the country will magically decide it is the Libertarian's turn!

And you wonder why people laugh at you! Instead of writing a fiery platform that makes the Declaration of Independence look like a shopping list, a platform that shakes its fist at the federal ruling class and threatens violence if the Constitution is not restored, you continue down exactly the same failed path of the last several decades; the one path absolutely guaranteed to lead nowhere.

I say again. I support every single tenet of the Libertarian Party will my entire being. AND I am ashamed to be associated with the LP and its do-nothing, cowering, simpering, wishful thinkers."

yongrel
03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
I am a libertarian, and I am not a fan of the LP.

davidkachel
03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
I am a libertarian, and I am not a fan of the LP.

TELL THEM!!!

yongrel
03-04-2008, 05:06 PM
TELL THEM!!!

I have. Many, many times.