PDA

View Full Version : Remember when..

Paulitical Correctness
03-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Remember in past primaries when RPF would have thousands of people on at once. Everyone clicking threads frantically to be a part of all the excitement?

Remember?

300 people. What a bunch of pussies.

Granted, my posts lack substance and I mostly lurk, but still. I'm not going anywhere. Why should you?

It's like half, if not more, of the people on here / supporting Ron Paul were caught up in a fad. Like it was the new "cool" thing to do. Raising 20 million dollars, beating records, being outspoken and trying to make a difference. Well, as we all know - fads pass.

Problem is, Ron Paul is not a fad.

So. The media won, then? They convinced everyone that this is the end of the road?

I'd like to see these people in real life as they walk away with their shoulders hung low like a beat dog and tear them a new one.

Where the fuck did everyone go? God damn.

/rant :mad:

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Fads come and go, but liberty never really goes out of style. Some of us will fight on to our last breath. Nothing else will do, you know?

abe447
03-04-2008, 01:29 PM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rpforums_active_members.png

Delaware
03-04-2008, 01:33 PM
I too, check everyday, mostly lurking, but yes i do remember and wish it were still occuring our movement has faded (at least for now, on the forums)

aperetti
03-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Remember when there were only a few who had heard the libertarian ways? Remember when nobody even knew who Ron Paul was?

Look at the bigger picture.

LandonCook
03-04-2008, 02:24 PM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rpforums_active_members.png

Fuck sunshine patriots...

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
03-04-2008, 04:21 PM
the seeds were gathered; The winds of life carried them away.
There are sleeper patriots everywhere now.

pacelli
03-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Fuck sunshine patriots...

...as well as disinfo agents, trolls for other campaigns, and demotivational experts.

Fields
03-04-2008, 04:38 PM
What a depressing graph.

Cinderella
03-04-2008, 05:19 PM
well im still here...but i think people got depressed and just left....hopefully they still spread the message

N13
03-04-2008, 05:19 PM
They will return when the time is right.

Only the core remains.

nate895
03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
...as well as disinfo agents, trolls for other campaigns, and demotivational experts.

such as abe, the one who posted the graph.

Dave39168
03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Just b/c they aren't online doesn't mean we have lost them. I think thousands of people have been woken up and turned on to new (new to them) ideas. This will go way beyond some message board on the internet, into people's lives, conversations with real people at work, at home, with friends, etc. Some of the excitement is gone, yes, and people aren't on the board as much. But, they probably realized that this is a long fight. We will not restore the republic within the next few months, or the next few election cycles. But the message will continue to spread... not by the same 300 people talking to the same 300 people online, but by real people passionately sharing our message with real people in their everyday lives! That is how real change will come, not from a message board...

Don't get me wrong, I like this site. Just don't accuse someone of 'fair-weathered patriotism' b/c they don't log in as much as you do.

StilesBC
03-04-2008, 07:25 PM
last time I checked you don't win elections by posting on message forums.

did it ever occur to you that they got sick of preaching to the choir and have decided to do something productive (canvass, etc)?

ronpaulitician
03-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Seems to me that there are still a lot of active participants. Not bad for a "fad."

JK/SEA
03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm still here, and i remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6SODAhbJdE

AlbemarleNC0003
03-04-2008, 07:28 PM

did it ever occur to you that they got sick of preaching to the choir and have decided to do something productive (canvass, etc)?

Not based on the results from the last few states. The voter numbers are dismal. People in NC have no idea who he is and couldn't care less. McCain is the nominee and no matter what you tell them about delegates, etc, they just walk away and don't care. They don't like McCain, but they vote for him.

Paulitical Correctness
03-04-2008, 07:29 PM

It did, but then I recalled our poor performances in basically every state.

The supporters didn't just up and decide to take their support "offline" so to speak, they left alltogether. :rolleyes:

freedom-maniac
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Not every one spends their lives on the forums. The decline is too be expected now that McCain's practically won. But the next time a R3volutionary leader arises to fill RP's footsteps, this whole process should start over.

For the time being, I'll be here when I have some spare time. I've been studing a lot, reading a lot, and planning a lot, for when I make my own political run.

REMEMBER:

WE'RE NOT JUST THE INTERNET!

Paulitician
03-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Well said.

Is a good thing less people or on the messageboard, or a bad thing?

One thing is for sure: the illusion has been shattered.

justatrey
03-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Theres almost 700 people on right now. Is that really so bad for a guy who hasn't won a state and is running in a race that most agree is already over? I think its actually pretty impressive.

Did you really expect the numbers to increase or stay the same after Super Tuesday? Should they go up once McCain hits 1119? Of course not.

RP4Pres2008
03-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm optimistic that people will return in large numbers again...in the close future.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
03-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Present!

Enzo
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
What can you say.... Most people are soft.

I'm proud to have voted for Ron Paul... and to be supporting what I believe in still... instead of turning my back on everything I know is right.... to take part in a popularity game.

freedom-maniac
03-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Well said.

Is a good thing less people or on the messageboard, or a bad thing?

One thing is for sure: the illusion has been shattered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Dean

amy31416
03-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Fuck the people who left, there needs to be a sieve to separate the people who will do the real work from those who follow fads.

Am I disappointed? Yes.

Am I surprised? No.

We have lost a lot of people, and they have likely gone to Obama. They never knew what this was about in the first place....let them go. I hope they become educated some day.

brandon
03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
i'll be here until we either
a) reclaim our country
b) get imprisoned/killed for trying to reclaim our country