PDA

View Full Version : Somebody help me out here...

BLS
03-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I haven't posted since Super Tuesday. I've been too let down and apathetic.

Now today I've read twice that McCain doesn't have the nomination yet and that Ron took 2nd in Delegates in MN, and a couple other states.

What does this mean? Where are we at?

There's no chance he can win the nomination, right?

crazyfingers
03-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm sure some people here will say otherwise but I'm of the mind that false hope never did anyone any good. It looks like McCain is set to clinch the nomination tonight. Don't fret, because it's time to start planning our revenge: the takeover of the GOP.
Get involved with your local party aparatus. Join the RLC. Run for an office you can win (State Rep/City Council/Justice of the Peace). Consider joining The Free State Project. The point is that we need to start to build the framework now that will ultimately lead us to victory. Like the old saying goes, "don't let the bastards get you down". They don't expect us to fight; let's show them how wrong they are.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 01:00 PM
There's no guarantee McCain's Constitutionally eligible for the job. He was born in a hospital outside the Canal Zone in the Republic of Panama.

The fat lady won't be singing until November, friend.

kyleAF
03-04-2008, 01:08 PM
NO!!!

It is IMPOSSIBLE for McCain to get the nomination tonight!!!

Everyone, don't forget that!!!

I don't care if McCain comes out of Texas with 1200 delegates! He is not the nominee until the ballot is cast during the September convention. Period. Done.

NONE of the delegates are bound to vote for him from any state! It is possible that all 1200 could change their minds (and suffer the consequences), or that several of them are closet supporters of someone else... most of the national delegates from the states haven't even been chosen yet. Regardless of that though, even if every delegate does end up voting for McCain, they can't do it until September!!

Stop buying the hype from the media. It's ONLY the convention ballot that determines the nominee!

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Absolutely true. Delegates select party nominees as surely as electors select presidents. And if McCain proves ineligible, none are bound to him as the Constitution forbids him from swearing in, and the Constitution trumps all!

kyleAF
03-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Mark my words:

Once this election cycle is over, you're going to see a major effort to undermine the delegate and electoral college processes in the name of greater Democracy.

A "Let everyone's vote count" movement will take hold --- especially if there is a delegate revolt in either party --- and a direct popular election will be proposed. This will be the end of our Republic, officially. We'll have a true Democracy (a horrible thing), and will lose the chance for a dedicated few to take over the system... which is what the delegate process is designed to allow.

Just wait.

crazyfingers
03-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Absolutely true. Delegates select party nominees as surely as electors select presidents. And if McCain proves ineligible, none are bound to him as the Constitution forbids him from swearing in, and the Constitution trumps all!
I don't understand where this faith that TPTB will suddenly start paying attention to the Constitution comes from. Even if they did and McCain was disqualified, why would RP take precedence over Romney and Huckabee? It just doesn't make sense.
What does make sense, IMO, is figuring out how to best move forward and how to hone the message so that we can win with it. Our message is the quintessential American message: peace, prosperity, and freedom. Add a touch of optimism and willingness to compromise (but not acquiesce) and it's a recipe for taking our country back.
I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to bring people down, because I'm not. But even the campaign has seemingly given up on this election. I want this movement to go forward in a manner where, if we continue to fight smart, we will be able to elect a President in due time.

abe447
03-04-2008, 01:39 PM
John McCain will be the Republican Party nominee for President of the United States. I'd bet every penny on it at this point. McCain will sweep all 4 states fairly easily tonight which might trigger the exit of Mike Huckabee and the subsequent Huckabee endorsement of McCain. I don't know what these people who think there are trojan delegates are smoking, but there's just no chance McCain won't be the nominee. Congressman Paul will win his congressional primary in Texas pretty easily today and remain in the Congress. Hopefully he gets some more delegates for President tonight out of his Texas district and gets enough delegates to get a speaking role at the Republican convention.

GoldStan
03-04-2008, 01:40 PM
OP - Since you have been gone I guess you don't know that the "secret plan" is to subvert all the delegates and have them nominate Ron Paul no matter the popluar vote while the Republican leadership sits and lets it happen and all the folks who voted for other candidates just happily fall into line.

Oh yeah additionally this has "alway been the plan" from the beginning somehow. All that money you donated? All that time? Just a cover-up for this plan that didn't need any of it to suceed, frankly it is a wonder that any candidates run campaigns at all instead of just doing this.

Since you have been gone so long you probably also missed the Stormfront folks and the Troofers utterly taking over off-topic and hot Topics with conpiracy/zionist threads. They are much more open now that their chance for publicity on Dr. Paul's coattails is waning.

Welcome back. You may need psychoactive chemicals to fit in here now.

GoldStan
03-04-2008, 01:43 PM
John McCain will be the Republican Party nominee for President of the United States. I'd bet every penny on it at this point. McCain will sweep all 4 states fairly easily tonight which might trigger the exit of Mike Huckabee and the subsequent Huckabee endorsement of McCain. I don't know what these people who think there are trojan delegates are smoking, but there's just no chance McCain won't be the nominee. Congressman Paul will win his congressional primary in Texas pretty easily today and remain in the Congress. Hopefully he gets some more delegates for President tonight out of his Texas district and gets enough delegates to get a speaking role at the Republican convention.

abe - Saying things like this with less than 2000 posts gets you called "troll" doing it with more than 2000 posts gets you called "traitor".

Using logic here is like using holy water near vampires.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 01:44 PM
crazyfingers, I'd say we're due now, this year. I'm not saying that we're definitely going to win, but I tell you there's more than a halfway decent chance of pulling this thing off. This is no time to give up.

That said, I'm more than happy to address your point. Yes, we need to think long term. The best thing we can do for our long term is to come as close to winning as we can. That is our best bet now for the medium future and the distant future. The closer we come to winning this year, the better a job we do putting to bed the notion that candidates with libertarian ideals and fiscally responsible motives can win.

So, yes please keep us thinking long term. But no, don't try to talk us into giving up short term. Thank you, sir.

Sentient Void
03-04-2008, 01:45 PM
OP - Since you have been gone I guess you don't know that the "secret plan" is to subvert all the delegates and have them nominate Ron Paul no matter the popluar vote while the Republican leadership sits and lets it happen and all the folks who voted for other candidates just happily fall into line.

Oh yeah additionally this has "alway been the plan" from the beginning somehow. All that money you donated? All that time? Just a cover-up for this plan that didn't need any of it to suceed, frankly it is a wonder that any candidates run campaigns at all instead of just doing this.

Since you have been gone so long you probably also missed the Stormfront folks and the Troofers utterly taking over off-topic and hot Topics with conpiracy/zionist threads. They are much more open now that their chance for publicity on Dr. Paul's coattails is waning.

Welcome back. You may need psychoactive chemicals to fit in here now.

Ugh, God. Get out of here, already, will you?

abe447
03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
abe - Saying things like this with less than 2000 posts gets you called "troll" doing it with more than 2000 posts gets you called "traitor".

Using logic here is like using holy water near vampires.

I hear ya Stan. I have been called a troll by many just for being realistic. I'm guessing most of these people are under the age of 18 and haven't really been involved in politics until this year. I'm glad that they're still here as we can still make a difference. It starts tonight with Ron Paul winning his Congressional primary in a landslide. Hopefully other Ron Paul Republicans are winning around the country. Ron Paul getting a speaking role at the convention is also a big deal, so I hope he gets as many delegates as possible but we have to be realistic here. Ron Paul didn't win New Hampshire or Nevada just because we thought he would and he wont' win the nomination just because we think he will.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 01:50 PM
I hear ya Stan. I have been called a troll by many just for being realistic. I'm guessing most of these people are under the age of 18 and haven't really been involved in politics until this year. I'm glad that they're still here as we can still make a difference. It starts tonight with Ron Paul winning his Congressional primary in a landslide. Hopefully other Ron Paul Republicans are winning around the country. Ron Paul getting a speaking role at the convention is also a big deal, so I hope he gets as many delegates as possible but we have to be realistic here. Ron Paul didn't win New Hampshire or Nevada just because we thought he would and he wont' win the nomination just because we think he will.

I wish I knew what is realistic about expecting a crooked neocon who is running despite having been born in the Republic of Panama and naturalized at the age of sixteen to succeed in perverting the Constitution. I also don't know what is patriotic about arguing that we should lie down and take it. Really.

If you are so enamored of the new world order that you don't wish to buck it beyond begging for a bone--a chance to speak once--then slinking back to the House and shutting the hell up--I really don't know what allegedly appeals to you about Dr. Paul.

terryhamel
03-05-2008, 04:36 AM
Don't listen to the naysayers - they're trying to discourage you. They want you to fold your cards, to bend over and accept the NWO rule. Did you fight all this time just to give up? Are you alive so you can accept a boot on your throat? There are many months between now and the convention - anything can happen. You are defined by your actions. Keep the faith and fight the good fight. We win by determination.

molly_pitcher
03-05-2008, 12:26 PM
You shouldn't have gotten apathetic and left http://www.elite-otaku.net/natalie/mininavi/includes/images/riceballs/Undecided.png

GoldStan
03-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Yeah Abe, if you hadn't left McWar wouldn't have clinched he nomination yesterday.

Additionally we would have polled at 50% nationally instead of ~10%

and NESARA would have been announced making all the rubes who bought into it billionaires.

Darn you Abe!!!!

CaliforniaAndre
03-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Say what you will about the future. NOW look at how far we have gone! When was the last time you were involved with a group that could smack down 5+ million in a day? That's power of the people. How long will it take to win back my freedom? How long will I fight for this cause?

Just until we are free, or I am dead. One thing is certain... death. The rest is up to you.

Imagine a world where RP got treated right by the MSM, and it's easy to see why we have hope!