PDA

View Full Version : 10% There

skiingff
08-16-2007, 02:09 PM
We are 10% there in our goal to raise $20,000 for NH/IA television ads (in 2 days!). Please pledge to donate what you can at http://www.pledgebank.com/20kforpaul. You need not donate at this moment, however please pledge today so we know we have interest in this and people willing to fund it. Even if you can only donate a little bit, still sign up for the pledge. We will take what we can get, seeing as one TV ad can cost as little as $12!!!

Pledge now at http://www.pledgebank.com/20kforpaul

MsDoodahs
08-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Bump.

How is the meetup group contact going?

skiingff
08-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Bump.

How is the meetup group contact going?

I have contacted the 15 largest Meetup groups via the "contact the group leader" form. I plan to contact as many as possible all night long tonight.

Yea, I could use some help...

On top of contacting the group leaders, I'm going to go back and try to contact the members directly and/or the whole group directly. I will also attend some of my local meetups and personally spread the message.

The good news is that I've been corresponding with the ad agency today, and they'll be assigning us a personal representative who specializes in political campaigns for no cost. I will use this representative to our benefit. I also now have the proper format a YouTube TV ad (or any ad for that matter) needs to be in, down to specifics. It gets kind of technical, but I think we can do it. Three different YouTube authors of fantastic YouTube videos have agreed to help us out if they can, however I don't know their technical skill levels, or if they can meet the specifications required for the ad. I just got done e-mailing them the specifications, so we should find out shortly if they can redo their ads in the proper format.

Meanwhile, the professional ad is set to be produced next week and may take up to a few weeks to produce. I am also corresponding with a Meetup group that has the abilities to produce their own TV ad, and they would share it with us and we would work together on it and to get it on the air. We need 2-3 different ads to air in different places, in different circumstances, and for rotations. That way even if one project goes wrong, we have a Plan B and we can use the other project's ad. That way we can be SURE to get RP's message on the air ASAP.

Anyway anyone familiar with the technical format we need for these ads, please PM me. Also please pledge, and keep the scripts and YouTube videos coming.

Thanks guys. We will accomplish this soon enough with your continued support!

danda
08-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Feel free to announce this on the grassroots list. 97 subscribers and growing.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ronpaul-grassroots-announce/

ghemminger
08-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Why not grow this to a NAtional effort!!

If we raised the funds....this could make RP 1st tier in two weeks. Local Cable Channels?

skiingff
08-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Why not grow this to a NAtional effort!!

If we raised the funds....this could make RP 1st tier in two weeks. Local Cable Channels?

That's the way I feel. I continue to be encouraged with this effort. Due to high demand that I can't ignore - the Don't Vote for RP ad, if sent to me in the correct format - could potentially be aired on the national TV station Cartoon Network during Adult Swim, but we could only target 1 or 2 states. No way we could air anything nationwide, it costs tens of thousands of dollars to do so. So we'll focus on Iowa and New Hampshire, and when fundraising and TV ad support and Op NH in general gets better organized, we'll continue to grow and air more and more ads. First, there is a BUNCH, a BUNCH of administrative hurdles (red tape), federal and state laws, fundraising issues, VERY technical issues, organizational issues, publicity issues, more legality issues, copyright issues, even more legality issues, PAC issues, working with the ad agency bigtime, working with all of you, working with the FEC, the television studio, technical experts, accountants, etc. Trying to get everyone to support this effort in the FIRST PLACE takes up most of my time, so I can't focus on the other issues as much. I have a shitload of stuff I need help with, so far I only have a handful of people willing to do so.

Once we successfully air the first ads, we can concentrate on bigger and better.