PDA

View Full Version : My congressional opponents are low on funds!

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 12:05 PM
I just did a check on all candidates that have filed fec reports for district 5 in louisiana.
Here are the totals:
Rodney Alexander -R (incumbent) $100,252
Gloria Hearn -D (former candidate) <$-145,000> debt.
Francis Thompson -D $12,677

We have 5 months to raise enough funds to be able to compete in that field of candidates in district 5.

Would everyone be willing to support another money bomb at the end of march or april?

MikeStanart
03-04-2008, 12:17 PM
For what it's worth; I can't contribute, but I'll spread the word.

I was only able to donate $100 to Paul, but I inspired many others to donate.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 12:17 PM
For what it's worth; I can't contribute, but I'll spread the word.

I was only able to donate $100 to Paul, but I inspired many others to donate.

Do you have a recommendation for a future fundraiser?

MikeStanart
03-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Do you have a recommendation for a future fundraiser?

Let me think about it some today. I've got a lot of things going on right now.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 12:28 PM
benefit of having a fundraiser prior to march 31st is to have a bigger number to report on my financial report.
benefit of having it after the 31st, more time for people to recover, keeps my reported numbers non-threatening for another quarter.

yongrel
03-04-2008, 12:30 PM
benefit of having a fundraiser prior to march 31st is to have a bigger number to report on my financial report.
benefit of having it after the 31st, more time for people to recover, keeps my reported numbers non-threatening for another quarter.

March 23 - 1775 - American Revolutionary War: Patrick Henry delivers his famous speech -"give me liberty or give me death" at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 12:47 PM
March 23 - 1775 - American Revolutionary War: Patrick Henry delivers his famous speech -"give me liberty or give me death" at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia.

March 23 is doable...

ThePieSwindler
03-04-2008, 01:12 PM
How are things going so far, Brent? What vehicles are you using to get your name and platform out, and how good is your name recognition?

jmdrake
03-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Why don't all of the candidates that Ron Paul has endorsed have graphs on RonPaulGraphs.com? I've looked at your site as well as Murray Sabrin's and frankly it's not obvious where either of you are in terms of your goals. Murray's shows how much he's raised but I don't see how much he needs. And I don't see how much you need or have raised. Maybe I'm missing something. IMHO part of what's made RP money bombs successful is people going giddy over the graphs.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 01:52 PM
How are things going so far, Brent? What vehicles are you using to get your name and platform out, and how good is your name recognition?

With my election in september, our focus right now has been on raising start up funds to be able to develop vehicles of info.
My name recognition is higher than the average joe, but no where near the name recognition of the incumbent.
A decent warchest can change all of that in an instant.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Why don't all of the candidates that Ron Paul has endorsed have graphs on RonPaulGraphs.com? I've looked at your site as well as Murray Sabrin's and frankly it's not obvious where either of you are in terms of your goals. Murray's shows how much he's raised but I don't see how much he needs. And I don't see how much you need or have raised. Maybe I'm missing something. IMHO part of what's made RP money bombs successful is people going giddy over the graphs.

My widget shows $300,000 to win, with about 9,800 towards that goal.
That number is assuming my opponent has the same money he did last time.
As you can see in my first post, he only has $100,000 to work with right now... so If I can come close to that number, I can compete commercial for commercial with him.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Also- Thank you to everyone who donated to my campaign!

Politicallore
03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
I can offer a very nice discount on ad space., in order to help you out.
Pmed you

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 02:36 PM
//

syborius
03-04-2008, 04:02 PM
can you get on rpradio to appeal to the masses that don't necessarily go to this board. I think getting on radio to discuss your platform is a great cost-effective way of getting your name out and garnering more donations/name recognition. I'm sure you thought of this already. good luck

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 04:18 PM
can you get on rpradio to appeal to the masses that don't necessarily go to this board. I think getting on radio to discuss your platform is a great cost-effective way of getting your name out and garnering more donations/name recognition. I'm sure you thought of this already. good luck

I have an interview on RPRradio on friday around 4pm. Bet on Ron Paul Show i think its called. http://www.betonronpaul.com

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 04:31 PM
I just did a check on all candidates that have filed fec reports for district 5 in louisiana.
Here are the totals:

We have 5 months to raise enough funds to be able to compete in that field of candidates in district 5.

Would everyone be willing to support another money bomb at the end of march or april?

:cool:

kigol
03-04-2008, 04:38 PM
good luck.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 04:56 PM
bump

utrunner07
03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
bump

I quickly scanned your website and besides being a little leary that all of this just seems to be thrown together in the last few months and that its nothing more than just a phase, I see no real experience you have that would lead me to believe you are even electable. I am willing to donate money but I want to know that it is going to go to a good cause and spent wisely and not just a pipe dream...

I would also like to know more about your statement that "the government failed us during Katrina", I am not a Louisiana resident and don't agree with that statement at all but becuase you were there I would like to hear you explain it....

short and simple, I am not convinced you are a good candidate (just supporting Ron Paul does not mean you are a good candidate and that others should support you and basically, to me that seems to be your main point on here) so I would like you to address the few issues I brought up here and then I will consider donating to your campaign.

utrunner07
03-06-2008, 06:22 PM
I quickly scanned your website and besides being a little leary that all of this just seems to be thrown together in the last few months and that its nothing more than just a phase, I see no real experience you have that would lead me to believe you are even electable. I am willing to donate money but I want to know that it is going to go to a good cause and spent wisely and not just a pipe dream...

I would also like to know more about your statement that "the government failed us during Katrina", I am not a Louisiana resident and don't agree with that statement at all but becuase you were there I would like to hear you explain it....

short and simple, I am not convinced you are a good candidate (just supporting Ron Paul does not mean you are a good candidate and that others should support you and basically, to me that seems to be your main point on here) so I would like you to address the few issues I brought up here and then I will consider donating to your campaign.

well? I am serious, let me know this stuff and I'll donate.

yankee_blue
03-06-2008, 06:24 PM

You are right. The government did not fail us in Katrina... They failed us utterly...

Revolution9
03-06-2008, 06:38 PM
March 23 is doable...

Maybe set up a re-enactment.. Offer some bar-b-q, maybe a keg and some refreshments and a pot luck invite to round out the buffet table. Do a stump speech after the re-enactment, amplifying on it and binding your candidacy to such. Then have a band or two play and get people dancing.. Hell..get a square dance caller ( community cooperation in motion).. That is totally anachronistic..heh... Have a donation table and remind them there is another one comng up commemorating the next historic liberty event day.. Then your candidacy can be an ongoing theatrical event with food and music.. I know its "old fashioned" but that is why I think it would work.:D

Best Regards
Randy

TruthAtLast
03-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Brent,

I'd donate but the problem is that these forums don't tap into the masses that were supporting Ron Paul. Not very many people even come to these forums anymore. So $10 - $50 from a couple hundred people isn't going to get you very far.

Personally, I think Ron Paul himself needs to take a more active roll. I think he needs to begin helping these supporters of his because when he waves his hand, a million dollars drops out within 24 hours.

I would appeal to him. Heck, fly to go meet him and sit down with him if he'll give you that opportunity. He doesn't want to support just anyone who is on the bandwagon but if you are serious, then convince him and believe me, the money will flow.

Otherwise, some of us will do what we can but I'm not sure how much that will help at this point.

torchbearer
03-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Maybe set up a re-enactment.. Offer some bar-b-q, maybe a keg and some refreshments and a pot luck invite to round out the buffet table. Do a stump speech after the re-enactment, amplifying on it and binding your candidacy to such. Then have a band or two play and get people dancing.. Hell..get a square dance caller ( community cooperation in motion).. That is totally anachronistic..heh... Have a donation table and remind them there is another one comng up commemorating the next historic liberty event day.. Then your candidacy can be an ongoing theatrical event with food and music.. I know its "old fashioned" but that is why I think it would work.:D

Best Regards
Randy

Planning a good ol' fashion party sounds good.
We held them for my state rep run.
My parents live out in the country, we have 1000 acres of farm land/with some cattle. We'd throw the biggest parties there... people would come from miles around...
Also- i've had offers from locals to hold a 'black-tie affair' kind of gathering for those who like to do that kind of thing.

torchbearer
03-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Here are the totals:

:cool:

03-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Go Brent go!

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-06-2008, 09:56 PM
I live in Houston, Tx. This city bailed out (partially) the Federal government during Katrina. We had an influx of over 200,000 people, most of whom have stayed. I didn't suffer, but I watched those around me suffer.

I support Brent Sanders!

Revolution9
03-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Planning a good ol' fashion party sounds good.
We held them for my state rep run.
My parents live out in the country, we have 1000 acres of farm land/with some cattle. We'd throw the biggest parties there... people would come from miles around...
Also- i've had offers from locals to hold a 'black-tie affair' kind of gathering for those who like to do that kind of thing.

That spunds like a place to hold a hoedown or shindig or whatever they are called dow there.. I think the on the ground, shake hands and offer an event to attend thing was the way old politics was run prior to TV.. It needs a comeback.

I wanna see you take this Torch. I now you will kick butt and take names..

best
Randy

voytechs
03-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Keep up the fight Brent. Just donated to your campaign. Even captured a snapshot with my name on the front page, which was great.

http://www.joinsanders.com/index.html

torchbearer
03-06-2008, 10:04 PM
That spunds like a place to hold a hoedown or shindig or whatever they are called dow there.. I think the on the ground, shake hands and offer an event to attend thing was the way old politics was run prior to TV.. It needs a comeback.

I wanna see you take this Torch. I now you will kick butt and take names..

best
Randy

The idea is genius.
And yeh, i haven't forgotten about you. just haven't gotten those photos yet. one clear day, man wasn't available, now its storming again. :(

utrunner07
03-06-2008, 11:41 PM
You are right. The government did not fail us in Katrina... They failed us utterly...

yeah, I read that. I am asking you to explain it...what exactly did you want the government to do that they did not do? Or are you just another one of those people that just repeat complaints you have heard from others just becuase you want to complain? I was asking a serious question to some one that wants my money and I was considering giving it to them....sad to say he has yet to address any of the issues I brought up...still waiting. Maybe he could start by telling me what experience he has had in the past that will allow him to run for congress successfully....by being ignored I am becoming more and more convinced that my initial concerns were correct.