PDA

View Full Version : Independence Party wishes Ron Paul Luck, Encourages Indy Run

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-04-2008, 11:31 AM
From Third Party watch: http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/03/04/open-letter-to-ron-paul-from-independence-party/#comments

Open Letter to Congressman Ron Paul from Frank MacKay,
Chairman of the Independence Party of America

I want to wish you the best of luck in your congressional primary on Tuesday, March 4th.

Thus far during this Presidential election we have refrained from commenting on candidates that are in major party primaries. However, it has become clear that you will not achieve the Republican nomination.

In light of this fact, reformers across the nation are tremendously enthusiastic about your message and common sense platform. There are millions of average Americans that believe that you should consider a run for President as an independent so that you may continue your fight, and I am among them.

Your supporters in all fifty states want you in this campaign – the nation needs your bold ideas and millions of Americans want a real choice on Election Day.

Your campaign has stressed the importance of freedom. Please continue your fight by giving all Americans the freedom to cast a vote for a candidate that embodies the values of our founding fathers.

H/T to Fred C.

born2drv
03-04-2008, 11:39 AM
From Third Party watch: http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/03/04/open-letter-to-ron-paul-from-independence-party/#comments

Honestly I hope Ron Paul doesn't run 3p.

The ONLY way he would EVER win, is if we suddenly were in a massive depression, oil were $300/barrel, gold @$5000/oz, and housing prices slumped another 30-40%.

His #1 strength is his economic platform, and unfortunately people have to feel a lot of pain in order to pay attention. People are sheep and they are just focused on wedge issues like abortion, gay rights, universal healthcare, etc. Economics unite us because we all want to be prosperous, but they're also the least understood.

He just didn't win the nomination this time. The sooner you guys come to grips with this, the sooner we can start rebuilding the republican party in Ron Paul's image.

VoteForRonPaul
03-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Open Letter to Congressman Ron Paul from Frank MacKay,
Chairman of the Independence Party of America

I want to wish you the best of luck in your congressional primary on Tuesday, March 4th.

Thus far during this Presidential election we have refrained from commenting on candidates that are in major party primaries. However, it has become clear that you will not achieve the Republican nomination.

In light of this fact, reformers across the nation are tremendously enthusiastic about your message and common sense platform. There are millions of average Americans that believe that you should consider a run for President as an independent so that you may continue your fight, and I am among them.

Your supporters in all fifty states want you in this campaign – the nation needs your bold ideas and millions of Americans want a real choice on Election Day.

Your campaign has stressed the importance of freedom. Please continue your fight by giving all Americans the freedom to cast a vote for a candidate that embodies the values of our founding fathers.

H/T to Fred C.

Nice, thank you!

Honestly I hope Ron Paul doesn't run 3p.

Do people really mix between a 3rd party and independent run? :confused:
What I understand is that an independent run does not mean that you give up on your original party.

heartless
03-04-2008, 12:08 PM
bump, I think Ron needs to keep his seat in Congress as biggest priority

MikeStanart
03-04-2008, 12:14 PM
What would happen:

1.) Lose his house seat
2.) Republicans would blame Paul for being a "Spoiler" which would ruin our chances of infiltrating the Republican Party with the ideas they used to once hold.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-04-2008, 12:18 PM
If Paul wins the primary for his congressional seat today, and that looks very likely, why would he automatically lose his U.S. House seat? There is no democrat running. It'd be a slam-dunk victory for him regardless of an independent run or not.

rockandrollsouls
03-04-2008, 12:26 PM
i still think he should go indy if things don't pan out at the convention. how can republicans consider him a spoiler? they accuse him of not being in line with "republican" beliefs. that scumbag lieberman got elected into office as an independent.

yongrel
03-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Ron Paul has said that he will not run 3rd Party. He has been quite clear about this.

rockandrollsouls
03-04-2008, 12:32 PM
no sh!t. people think indy and 3rd party are the same thing and while he mostly likely wont run indy either i still wish he would :p

VoteForRonPaul
03-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Ron Paul has said that he will not run 3rd Party. He has been quite clear about this.
How about independent? :confused:

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Get him on your state's ballot, with or without the G.O.P. Get the petition signed and ready. Force the G.O.P. to nominate him or face a split vote and a split party. Rebuild the Reagan coalition and shove it down their throats.

There will be no nominee until McCain's eligibility and his campaign violations are cleared up.

speciallyblend
03-04-2008, 01:41 PM

doesnt stop me from voting for RON PAUL and after what the gop has pulled on ron paul. WHY SHOULDNT HE RUN. HE can change his tune if he wants ,but RON PAUL CANT CHANGE MY VOTE:)

NEVER SAY NEVER,no matter what he has said;) its a msm game. ron Paul has to say he isnt running ,then the day after convention ,
. he can say what he really wants and my money says if he runs outside of the party ill donate 100 a month to his run:) if he chooses not to run then i vote for Ron paul and the gop loses the election and we have 4 yrsto build the party or leave in mass;) thats my plan

RON PAUL 2008

speciallyblend
03-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Get him on your state's ballot, with or without the G.O.P. Get the petition signed and ready. Force the G.O.P. to nominate him or face a split vote and a split party. Rebuild the Reagan coalition and shove it down their throats.

There will be no nominee until McCain's eligibility and his campaign violations are cleared up.

wonders if anyone in colorado is already on this?

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Ron Paul has never been that clear about running third party. He even said he wanted "wiggle room" on the matter early this year in his interview on Meet the Press, suggesting he has been at least thinking about the idea. I agree that it seems unlikely at this point, but I personally continue to question his phrases when he is asked the question. He always seems to still say "no intention" or "no plans to do that" instead of just giving a point-blank NO. In fact, the only place where a simple No was given was in the widely dissatisfying message after Super Tuesday. The same weird message where Trotsky was quoted, and which many people have pointed out Ron Paul himself probably never wrote.

Ron Paul is obviously incredibly reluctant to break off from the GOP again and keep running. However, it isn't totally impossible. The bizarre reasoning that he could magically have his House seat revoked is completely ridiculous, especially after today. Upon winning his primary, Ron Paul will be unopposed, or will just have a token Democrat run against him and lose miserably again.

In fact, if he didn't declare a third party or independent run until around the filing deadline for candidates in Texas, it would be impossible to oppose him in the general election. It would simply be too late for anyone else to file to run against him, even if the Republicans exiled him and wanted to run Peden or some other idiot as a Republican.

As I strongly think we'll see tonight, the House seat danger has always been far overblown. Ron Paul will win by at least 65%, and even if he were forced to run for his seat as an independent while running for President, I find it hard to believe there would be any real danger against a ten year incumbent.