PDA

View Full Version : CNN on Panama John's Delegates

Join The Paul Side
03-04-2008, 10:17 AM
1. According to their website they claim Juan McCain has 1047 total delegates, 977 of them are pledged. Should he get 214 more pledged delegates to have a total of 1191 pledged, would that give him the automatic bid for the nomination?

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/

2. Are these totals correct or just their biased guesstimate?

3. I keep seeing things online and on this board about a rump convention. Can somebody explain to me exactly what that is and how it occurs? From what I've read if Panama John gets the nomination at the convention and a good number of delegates refuse him, they will form a rump convention and nominate their own Republican nominee. If this is correct, will their be two Republicans running on the general election ticket in Novenber?

Thanks. :cool:

slamhead
03-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Until all the state conventions are held no reporting will be correct. Trust the research you have seen here over any MSM reports.

limequat
03-04-2008, 10:23 AM
thegreenpapers.com is keeping an accurate count.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 10:27 AM
A rump convention is held when a party obviously and egregiously violates it's own rules, as in Louisiana this year. Yes, it can result in two "official" candidates.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Louisiana will lose 90% of its delegates after RNC review of the rules broken by the state gop in their election fraud.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 10:48 AM
minus 41 from mccain's total (even though only 32 said they'd vote for mccain.)

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Louisiana will lose 90% of its delegates after RNC review of the rules broken by the state gop in their election fraud.

That is a good thing, and we applaud you for your effort.

Still, it would have been nice to get them for Dr. Paul and put the state in the win column...

Damned neocons!