PDA

View Full Version : The Lakota

Eroberer
03-04-2008, 09:01 AM
I apologize in advance if this has been posted already, but this, to me, was a very interesting video to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm0JIgVHypQ

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 09:15 AM
The Lakota can win us South Dakota if we only ask them politely. Check out the thread on Navajo abuse by McCain in "Other Candidates".

Speaking of the Navajo, we can win New Mexico as well.

123tim
03-04-2008, 09:43 AM
The Lakota can win us South Dakota if we only ask them politely. Check out the thread on Navajo abuse by McCain in "Other Candidates".

Speaking of the Navajo, we can win New Mexico as well.

Sounds like a good idea.

Are there any Lakota people who read this forum?

We would greatly appreciate your help if you would be able to spread the word about Ron Paul.

Thank you in advance.

123tim
03-04-2008, 09:44 AM
A link about what's going on for those who aren't aware:
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/12/lakota-withdraw.html

mtmedlin
03-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Sounds like a good idea.

Are there any Lakota people who read this forum?

We would greatly appreciate your help if you would be able to spread the word about Ron Paul.

Thank you in advance.

I am partially active in their movement. I keep abreast of whats going on and chat on their forum. My heritage is partly choctaw but I am motivated by what they are tring to do.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Then again, maybe they won't be voting. Nonetheless, I hope they will while negotiations continue. It could be very beneficial to them. We know Dr. Paul will deal fairly--he always has.

amy31416
03-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I am partially active in their movement. I keep abreast of whats going on and chat on their forum. My heritage is partly choctaw but I am motivated by what they are tring to do.

You're partly Choctaw? I've done a lot of research on some of the "genetic" health issues, specifically autoimmune disorders that plague their population. I'd love to meet up with some other scientists/doctors, whomever is interested, to figure these things out.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 10:03 AM
You're partly Choctaw? I've done a lot of research on some of the "genetic" health issues, specifically autoimmune disorders that plague their population. I'd love to meet up with some other scientists/doctors, whomever is interested, to figure these things out.

Boy are you in the wrong state!

http://www.choctawnation.com/

amy31416
03-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Boy are you in the wrong state!

http://www.choctawnation.com/

In more ways than you can imagine, but I do have some responsibilities that don't allow for my own interests.

Thanks for the link.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 10:14 AM
In more ways than you can imagine, but I do have some responsibilities that don't allow for my own interests.

Thanks for the link.

De nada. Holler if I in my close proximity can be of assistance.

LibertiORDeth
03-04-2008, 10:30 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=125799

This is much better...

amy31416
03-05-2008, 01:03 PM
De nada. Holler if I in my close proximity can be of assistance.

Hey, do you have any good links detailing the types of materials dumped on Choctaw lands?

Back in 2000, my father died due to Scleroderma-related complications. I've been researching scleroderma off and on since '98 and there is a larger % of Choctaw indians with the disease than the general population and although my father wasn't at all Choctaw (that I know of), he did work around a lot of industrial waste products.

If a connection can be shown, the Choctaw will have one hell of a lawsuit against the US Government.

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Interesting. I'll look into it as best I can. Their res isn't near the Tar Creek site, but you might surf up the OERB and see if they had any projects on their lands.

amy31416
03-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Interesting. I'll look into it as best I can. Their res isn't near the Tar Creek site, but you might surf up the OERB and see if they had any projects on their lands.

Thanks. I've already written them with some information I have on how to treat and possibly prevent the disease with the use of non-pharmaceutical remedies that have no side effects. Since I have a precursor of the disease (Raynaud's syndrome) I'm using myself as the first guinea pig.

I'll look up the information, and have written them directly as well.

acptulsa
03-05-2008, 01:35 PM
amy, may I suggest as a first step you check and see if it is more, less or equally prevalent among the Oklahoma or Mississippi bands? Not all of your father's people had to suffer the Trail of Tears.

WilliamC
03-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Just signed up on the email list for Republic of Lakota yesterday.

Freedom Brings Us Together!

amy31416
03-05-2008, 02:04 PM
amy, may I suggest as a first step you check and see if it is more, less or equally prevalent among the Oklahoma or Mississippi bands? Not all of your father's people had to suffer the Trail of Tears.

Good suggestion. I'll check it out, it's mostly the Oklahoma Choctaw affected, last I checked the stats.

My father had to suffer GE for 20+ years, not the Trail of Tears, heh.

transistor
03-05-2008, 05:42 PM
i'm from south dakota and FYI, the lakota won't help us win. the 4 or 5 percent that vote always vote democrat

Aidyl
03-05-2008, 07:55 PM
i'm from south dakota and FYI, the lakota won't help us win. the 4 or 5 percent that vote always vote democrat
that reminds me, I wonder how the cherokee vote these days. I read somewhere that for many years, they always voted republican because Andrew Jackson was a democrat. Times have changed, though.