PDA

View Full Version : Check out this article: Nader gets billing above RP

limequat
03-04-2008, 08:09 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/104526/The-Candidates-on-the-Pocketbook-Issues;_ylt=Ai7hkFcijrCUf.53po.yRqC7YWsA

This is ludicrous. At least they mention Paul, but at the very bottom and with no picture. Meanwhile Nader has a picture and a healthy two paragraphs of text.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Hate to say it, but that's because Nader is in the running all the way until November. Even Huckabee is getting less and less press with McCain perceived as the inevitable nominee. This pattern will only increase after today, if McCain truly does capture a delegate majority. The only way to increase Ron Paul's press attention would be for him to run as an independent.

limequat
03-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Hate to say it, but that's because Nader is in the running all the way until November. Even Huckabee is getting less and less press with McCain perceived as the inevitable nominee. This pattern will only increase after today, if McCain truly does capture a delegate majority. The only way to increase Ron Paul's press attention would be for him to run as an independent.

The only way to increase Ron Paul's press attention would be for him to grow a second head.

hawks4ronpaul
03-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Nader is the shiny new object.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

speciallyblend
03-04-2008, 09:08 AM

if ron paul doesnt run independent,then our plan should be 4 more yrs to take over the republican party ,or we leave in mass...

The only thing that might kill this movement is Ron Paul not running in 2008 inside the republican party or outside of it... after that only option is to build within the republican party which we are doing or by 2012,if the republican party doesnt wise up by 2008 election or 2012,our only option will be to leave the republican party and form a NEW REPUBLICAN PARTY but by that time we might need to name it something else ,since the r word will be so tarnished by then from the old gop and the bushes etc we will be forced to name the new party anything but republican..

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-04-2008, 09:12 AM
if ron paul doesnt run independent,then our plan should be 4 more yrs to take over the republican party ,or we leave in mass...

The only thing that might kill this movement is Ron Paul not running in 2008 inside the republican party or outside of it... after that only option is to build within the republican party which we are doing or by 2012,if the republican party doesnt wise up by 2008 election or 2012,our only option will be to leave the republican party and form a NEW REPUBLICAN PARTY but by that time we might need to name it something else ,since the r word will be so tarnished by then from the old gop and the bushes etc we will be forced to name the new party anything but republican..

Yeah, it's already hideously tarnished. That's probably put a slight cap on our growth already this year. The (R) word has almost become a curse in the US. We should work to split the GOP apart if the strategy truly is to stay within them for awhile. Of course, this is all contingent on McCain LOSING this year. I don't know what we'll do if he wins, thus validating the neo-con position and partially satisfying the restless rank and file Republicans within the party.

I think it's going to come down to forming a new party sooner or later for the movement to get anywhere, whether it's this year or 2012. Perhaps four years will yield an even more favorable environment, if the GOP has become a hollow shell still dominated by the establishment, they will be ripe for splitting. The anti-war fervor will have also risen to a pitch, along with rage against President Obama and the Democrats for continuing the failed policy. We can get those people as well.

speciallyblend
03-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah, it's already hideously tarnished. That's probably put a slight cap on our growth already this year. The (R) word has almost become a curse in the US. We should work to split the GOP apart if the strategy truly is to stay within them for awhile. Of course, this is all contingent on McCain LOSING this year. I don't know what we'll do if he wins, thus validating the neo-con position and partially satisfying the restless rank and file Republicans within the party.

I think it's going to come down to forming a new party sooner or later for the movement to get anywhere, whether it's this year or 2012. Perhaps four years will yield an even more favorable environment, if the GOP has become a hollow shell still dominated by the establishment, they will be ripe for splitting. The anti-war fervor will have also risen to a pitch, along with rage against President Obama and the Democrats for continuing the failed policy. We can get those people as well.

i can tell you from my grassroots efforts in 3 colorado counties for RON PAUL,the dirty word was the republican part. I also warned the republican party of this problem,they dont do grassroots work,they watch msm. On this fact alone the republican party has the lost the election in 2008.

NO ONE IS FLOCKING TO THE REPUBLICANS to vote for mccain or huckabee,most of the talk is about how they like ron paul but will vote democrat since the republicans are marginilizing Ron paul, go gop hehe,the gop is already dead in the water .

I'm A RON PAUL REPUBLICAN Ron Paul 2008, written in stone:)

tomveil
03-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Of course, this is all contingent on McCain LOSING this year. I don't know what we'll do if he wins, thus validating the neo-con position and partially satisfying the restless rank and file Republicans within the party.

If he wins, there won't be a USA in 2012, so we won't have to worry about it.

syborius
03-04-2008, 03:35 PM
nader might be pulling for a mccaniac upset. should be interesting

AJ Antimony
03-04-2008, 03:44 PM

Ever heard of a Rump convention?

american.swan
03-04-2008, 03:48 PM

I partly agree. The Bush's tarnish on the GOP and Republican will be hard to overcome. How about taking over the GOP and renaming it "The Strict Conservative Party"? I believe that starting a new party would be harder to do then taking over the GOP and renaming it.

One other thing we need to remember is not 2012, but the 2010 midterm elections. I have been harping on these forums moderators for months to re-organize the forums to be far less Ron Paul centric. There are way too many forums dealing with Paul and far too few dealing with local elections and Senate and House districts. There should be 15 forums on state and local issues and only one on Ron Paul, rather than the other way around.

If people get pissed off because of the lack of Ron Paul focus then so be it, even Ron Paul says this is about the message and the forums should be too.

(love libertyforest.com idea)