PDA

View Full Version : Gold stocks, which one?

misa
03-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi all, what do you think are the good gold stocks? Where can I research more?

Do you have some, why and why not?

Thanks.

fx57
03-04-2008, 06:02 PM
A good place for information is www.financialsense.com

This week their audio newshour show is all about gold and gold stocks.

The stocks I like are FCX, GFI, EGO, CDE, AUY, IAG, HL, NG, SA, GSS, GRS, JAG, MFN, RIC, AGT. I also like the mutual fund UNWPX. Most of these are smaller gold and silver mining/exploration companies which are somewhat underpriced right now.

My favorite is MFN, and they happen to have a recent interview on the show mentioned above.

You can see some stats on different stocks here: www.resourcestockguide.com/comparison_table_page.php?p=1|1|4|0|0|33|0

Do your own research so you have confidence in what you are buying. Read the annual and quarterly reports from the companies, usually available on their web sites. Look at the charts. Investigate any dips you see on the charts, there's usually a reason and you want to know about it.

These smaller stocks are very volatile and some may even go bankrupt, but I'm convinced that in the next 2 to 3 years the value of most of them will increase substantially. Buying these stocks you are buying gold in the ground for $20-$100 an ounce, or silver for $2-$4 an ounce.

Disclaimer: I own shares in these stocks

misa
03-05-2008, 06:25 AM
Thanks FX!