PDA

View Full Version : Diebold lives in Ohio

ewizacft
03-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Did anyone else vote on one of these fraud machines today?
I was told that they probably wouldn't have them in November.

wstrucke
03-04-2008, 07:54 AM
my father in law actually works for Diebold and he assures me the machines work just fine.

he also said that the large majority of the reported problems with the machines last time around were in Cuyahoga County where the officials refused the diebold training and the poll workers had no idea what they were doing. They had machines plugged into each other without any of them connected to a wall socket, etc...

that being said I'd like us all to go back to paper ballots, but i'm not very worried about the voting machines being the issue. I think we need to focus on getting people to vote for Ron Paul and vote for their conscience. it makes us look like idiots when we go on and on about the voting machines being the problem when at least 90% of republican voters go for McCain or Huckabee.

zr4
03-04-2008, 08:25 AM
I just got done voting for Ron on one in Ohio.

Cjays
03-04-2008, 09:12 AM
There was about 6 paper-ballot booths for my Ward, and one Diebold machine up against the wall. They didn't offer me the choice.

wstrucke
03-04-2008, 02:12 PM
There was about 6 paper-ballot booths for my Ward, and one Diebold machine up against the wall. They didn't offer me the choice.

Did you ask? I know a few poll workers and they were told that while anyone can request a paper ballot, they aren't supposed to offer the option to you unless you ask for it.

wv@SC
03-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Bring it home Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island and Vermont!

christagious
03-04-2008, 03:55 PM
They make it a pain in the ass if you ask for a paper ballot. I ended up just using the machine.

Mini-Me
03-04-2008, 08:09 PM
my father in law actually works for Diebold and he assures me the machines work just fine.

he also said that the large majority of the reported problems with the machines last time around were in Cuyahoga County where the officials refused the diebold training and the poll workers had no idea what they were doing. They had machines plugged into each other without any of them connected to a wall socket, etc...

that being said I'd like us all to go back to paper ballots, but i'm not very worried about the voting machines being the issue. I think we need to focus on getting people to vote for Ron Paul and vote for their conscience. it makes us look like idiots when we go on and on about the voting machines being the problem when at least 90% of republican voters go for McCain or Huckabee.

To play devil's advocate, your father in law cannot have any knowledge of how they actually behave on election day unless he has access to the source code. :p