PDA

View Full Version : I voted.

hypnagogue
03-04-2008, 07:29 AM
I voted for Ron Paul.

Perhaps we can keep a rough tally here?

Richie
03-04-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm not a Texan. I'm a Marylander. I got to vote last month.

smithtg
03-04-2008, 09:22 AM
longtime RP forum lurker here, but a contributor too; i voted RP today and am proud to say i did it TWICE as I live in his congressional district too.

There are some random Peden signs around and no McWar or Huckster signs anywhere. But the grassroots around here have put RP signs all over my neighborhood and i would say every half mile on the major roads

Go RP!

Bern
03-04-2008, 09:36 AM
smithtg, howdy neighbor. I just finished voting twice for Ron Paul myself (I'm also in CD-14).

The voting station I went to had an electronic voting machine and paper ballots (w/optical scanner) available. I chose to use a paper ballot.

LJHudd
03-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm in Texas :)

Voted for Ron Paul last week... and Kevin George.

I cried on my way home - it was really emotional for me.

My Husband and I plan on becoming Delegates tonight -- my Husband has twice made it to State Convention as a Delegate so we hope he can do it again!

Johnny Crab
03-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Jackson County here.
They've replaced paper ballots with DIEbold's Hackstation II models. :mad:
When asked if I was familiar with the things I replied
"Yes. I've seen how easily election results can be manipulated via software."

On the screen I selected Ron Paul where his name appeared.
No printout or record given to me of how I voted.
This machine uses the Direct-TV-type of chip-on-a-credit card garbage.

Let's see how hacked these are when "results" get posted.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/stardove/voting_machine.jpg

smithtg
03-04-2008, 10:50 AM
smithtg, howdy neighbor. I just finished voting twice for Ron Paul myself (I'm also in CD-14).

The voting station I went to had an electronic voting machine and paper ballots (w/optical scanner) available. I chose to use a paper ballot.

i live in galveston county precinct 263. I got there when the polls opened and the electric machine (they only had 1!) was broke... Everyone that came then voted paper/scanner. I feel much better about voting that way as well

Elwar
03-04-2008, 01:41 PM
I voted for Ron Paul today and even though I'm not in his Congressional district I voted for him twice. I h@x0r3d the D13B01d machine!! j/k

Looking forward to the convention (thanks to the Lubbuck folks, I grabbed the resolutions you guys sent out)

Chase
03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
I voted for Ron Paul today. My polling place didn't have any Ron Paul signs but the one up the street had several. Voting was done on a Diebold touchscreen... yuck.

goat farmer
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
i live in galveston county precinct 263. I got there when the polls opened and the electric machine (they only had 1!) was broke... Everyone that came then voted paper/scanner. I feel much better about voting that way as well

Hmmmm.... maybe sneaking a small hammer into the voting booth tonight will have a similar result

LozoyA
03-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Voted ( for RP of course:) )
Cameron County

First time ever, walk in and headed directly to the democratic table..lol...felt like a completely idiot

nf7mate
03-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Voted Ron Paul. Williamson county. Paper ballot.

Will be heading back this evening to participate in the convention.

CoreyBowen999
03-04-2008, 05:08 PM
not 18 :(

Sooners4Paul
03-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Collin County, early voted for RP.

Texan4Life
03-04-2008, 05:51 PM
First time to votee. Paper ballot -- felt like I was taking a pop quiz.

Saw mostly old people. No McAmnesty signs.. but no RP signs either. a few obama and clinton and one lady had a obama table.

and RP with #2 on the list

VaderM5
03-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Just got done voting for the good doctor. Sadly I can already tell my precinct is in Huckland(for the GOP side). Democrat lines were pretty long, not so much for the GOP. I'll be heading back in a bit. Think I might take my trademark M5, so if any forum members see me wave, honk or something. :D

Montgomery county-37