PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a beautiful mornin'!

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Well, here it is the day that the media says John McCain will sew up the G.O.P. nomination and nothing--nothing--can spoil my day. I got up early, had a good breakfast, and posted this on the Texas Monthly's website:

Good morning, Republicans. Off to vote for John McCain? Why? Do you favor gun control, the NAFTA Superhighway and a century of war? It doesn't make you mad that both Dubya and Rick Perry lied to you about whether or not there's a Texan in the race? No?

Oh, yes, of course. You don't want to throw your votes away. Well, guess what? Voting for a man who was born not in the Canal Zone, but in the Republic of Panama, and didn't become a citizen until he was sixteen is what throwing your vote away looks like.

So, don't worry about Mexican trucks, your guns and your great-grandchildren. Relax and enjoy throwing your votes away.

Have a nice day, y'all!

My only question is, are we going to make Dr. Paul and the Rev. Mr. Huckabee take this issue to court, or are we going to do it for them?

Have a nice day, y'all

Laja
03-04-2008, 08:02 AM
bump

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Thank you, Laja. Hope it's a beautiful mornin' where you are.

VRP08
03-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I HATE McCain!!! Sorry, had to say it for my morning to be as lovely!

pinkmandy
03-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Good morning!

Richie
03-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Beautiful morning here in Maryland as well! It's a pity it wasn't this way when we voted last month. There were ice storms. The side walk outside of the polling place was so slippery, I don't know how anybody got in.

pacelli
03-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Beautiful morning here in Maryland as well! It's a pity it wasn't this way when we voted last month. There were ice storms. The side walk outside of the polling place was so slippery, I don't know how anybody got in.

This year, coincidentally I'm sure, it seems that it is always storming on election day, no matter the state.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 09:50 AM
This year, coincidentally I'm sure, it seems that it is always storming on election day, no matter the state.

Sure was here! Coincidence or divine wrath? Remember the hurricaine that devastated Florida after they failed to fight the neocons for their electoral rights in 2000?

I didn't believe in divine intervention until this year. Now I'm changing my mind.

Keep working, kids. I feel very sure that the location of that hospital outside the Canal Zone and on Republic of Panama land will set us free--us and our children!