PDA

View Full Version : The **official** campaign has failed... it time for new tactics

Tarzan
03-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Where do we go from here? That question has been asked quite a few times… even in the days when things were going better for this effort. Now, with things not going so well, it has become an essential question and the answers we find will be critical to restoring the Constitution and regaining our government.

It is not my intention to offend any believers in the Ron Paul Message. We have a broad mix of individuals supporting The Message, each with our own motivation and reasons. Some have been supporters for quite some time, some are newcomers. Regardless, most of us want the same thing; Restoration of the Constitution. To me that is the single most important part of The Message. Once we have done this we will have regained the framework to correct the other problems our country is facing. This includes unlawful government programs, unlawful wars and military actions, unfair taxation, the violation of our personal freedoms, and a host of other issues.

Keeping the ground we have captured:
The Revolution’s Future is difficult thing to discuss unless we can agree on our current position. Some have given up hope and left these forums… others believe passionately that Ron Paul will win at the Republican Convention and become president. Because of this wide range in our current positions my suggestions will not be received well by many. Please try to read them calmly and I will try to backup any assertions and recommendations.

The effort to win the Republican nomination and the presidency:
We have not had much success in this regard. We have spent countless hours, personal resources & money, and donated over $32,000,000.00 to the **official** Ron Paul for President Campaign and have not achieved a victory. The results have not been encouraging and Ron Paul has said that a brokered convention is highly unlikely. Polls and electoral results place the likelihood of a Ron Paul victory near zero. For these and other factors I think we have only one logical course to continue this Revolution. We need to focus our efforts and resources in another direction. The first step in this change of battle tactics is the end the **official** Ron Paul for President Campaign efforts.

Ending the Official Campaign:
From what I can tell by the FEC reports filed by the Ron Paul Campaign there is about $6 Million dollars currently on hand. With almost no chance of wining the nomination the campaign should be ended. By ending the official campaign the remaining monies can be used for a variety of efforts.

New Leadership:
I am sure there are dedicated believers at the **official** campaign… at least, I want to believe that. But the results they have achieved and the comments they have made regarding their own efforts (and those of the grassroots) demonstrate they should not be in a leadership in the effort to get out The Message.

Consider their assessment that this should be a “bottom up” effort… not a “top down” effort. Then look at the example they use. Their “bad example” is the Barack Obama campaign. I am no fan of BO… but take at their campaign materials and results. This is exactly the type of example from which the RP campaign should learn something. Unfortunately, the RP staffers have learned nothing. Conversely, they think this is a “bad” way to run a campaign. They are clearly wrong, the point is to win and that is what the BO campaign is achieving.

Consider the quality and success in getting out The Message with the ads and materials they have created and approved. Using the BO campaign as an example you can clearly see a vast difference and why the BO ads are being successful when the RP ads were not. Then look at the statement by the RP National Campaign Manager; that “mass advertising is not the most effective way to get the job done”. His statement is wrong… or, at least, incomplete. It is true that BAD advertising usually does not work… GOOD advertising often does. Ask Coke, Pepsi, Nike and others. Unfortunately, the RP campaign has not turned out good advertising. Instead, we are being asked to continue our efforts with no support. Its like asking soldiers to march across an open field into the enemy guns with no air support, no artillery support, no body armor and ineffective weapons. They have all but abandoned us.

Large Media effort in Texas:
The National Campaign Manager also mentions they “just completed a large ad blitz in Texas”. I have two rhetorical questions about this; If mass advertising is not effective why have such an effort in Texas? And, why did we see none of these ads in The Dallas/Ft. Worth Area. Why did we only hear from people in Austin (where RP spoke at the University of Texas) and Houston (just a few miles from RPs congressional district and within easy broadcast range of the district in which he was also running for congress) that they had seen these ads? That these ads, paid for by the presidential campaign, were run extensively in Houston is suspiciously awkward. While legal, I think it is a simple conclusion as to why the ads were run in this market and NOT run throughout Texas.

The Message was not effectively delivered by the **official** campaign:
Some have said that the American voters just did not like The Message. I strongly disagree with that notion. The problem was that The Message was never delivered effectively. Not in the collateral materials, in speeches or in “sound bites”. Use BO as an example again… BO doesn’t say “I am going to raise your taxes and take all of your money so I can decide who gets health care… and the only thing you will have left in your pocket is change”… instead, he says “We now face an opportunity — and an obligation — to turn the page on the failed politics of yesterday's health care debates… My plan begins by covering every American…”. Take a look at the materials created by the campaign staff… they are highly negative and require a lot of explanation. Instead, they jump to a conclusion that confuses and frightens most Americans.

Failure to learn from success:
There are a couple of examples of success; The “infomercial” used in Iowa and the precinct captain program. But, there are major problems with both of these successes:
Prior to the infomercial being run in Iowa RP was polling at about 4%... four days later he was polling at 11%. In the interim the infomercials were run and the poll results (and election results that closely matches the polls) should have been clear evidence that the infomercial worked. But, they never used this format again, WHY? I have no answer for that. Instead, they produced a extremely expensive direct mail piece in New Hampshire at a total cost of $4,329,007.44. If I am reading the FEC reports correctly this amount was spent on one mailer whose content should have never been approved. (Take a look at the mailer and ask your marketing friends about its potential effectiveness… this was a very badly produced mailer)

Precinct Captains; a Great Idea:
Yes… this is a great idea. But this program has major issues as well. The failure to start it early enough to have a major effect and the lack of resources (such as scripts and action plans) to make it possible for the volunteers to do their work effectively. The idea is also not a new one and has been used by previous campaigns. Had it been put into effect earlier and with the proper materials and guidance it could have made a major difference in the election results we have seen thus far. I salute those who have taken on this task and wish the RP campaign staff had been more supportive to you.

The “Media Blackout”:
While working on another project I had to deal with the media on a limited basis. While doing so I heard a comment similar to this on several occasions: “we tried to get this from the official campaign, but they never got back to us”. There was another occasion where I wrote a email (I was very nice) to Reuters because they had a list of the candidates positions but nothing about Ron Paul. I asked them why not and actually got a phone call from one of their staff. I was told that the information on their website came directly from the campaign and the Reuters had requested the information on three occasions and received no response from the **official** campaign. I was a bit confounded and contacted the RP campaign. I was told that they get so many media requests they just did not have time to respond to them all. These experiences, and reports I have heard from others in contact with the media, have convinced me that the “media blackout” is largely a self inflicted wound caused by the official campaign. I do not believe the media is completely impartial, but it appears the RP campaign management (who was well funded at the time) seriously dropped the ball on multiple occasions and not only alienated the media, they even shunned them. To me, this is an inexcusable failure.

Finally, The Message is not being delivered:
If you have been to the official site you will see that there are currently NO events planned. Ron Paul said he was “taking some time off” to focus on his congressional campaign. Since the campaign has discontinued almost all advertising and planned no speaking engagements any unbiased observer would consider RPs presidential campaign to have been suspended. Because of the poor results and ineffective management of this campaign I think the campaign should be ended and that we must take alternate actions to get out the message about restoring the Constitution to our government. The official campaign has proven they are not capable of carrying out this mission.

Overall, when measured in terms of success, the **official** campaign has been a failure and the management has failed and should no longer be in any position to spend the money donated to the campaign. They should be fired immediately and any future efforts should be outside of their control and placed in the hands of professionals with proven experience in handling funds and political efforts. In short, the current staff should have no part in leading The Revolutions Future.

Suggestions to successfully continue the Revolution:

I recommend we do the following:

1. End the official campaign for president and relieve the staff from all current and future duties.
2. Abandon the “bottom up” approach. Instead, use time proven techniques and the remaining funds to further the Ron Paul Message. Hire professionals with proven ability and success to carry out our goals. The remaining funds could be used for education, training, and creation of an organization to further The Message (with none of the current staff in paid positions).
3. Focus on areas in which candidates, with constitutional convictions, are running for other congressional offices.
There are 435 members of the House and 100 in the Senate. Every two years the entire house is up for election... every two years 1/3 of the senate is up for election. In a few election cycles we could achieve our goal and take back our government by electing representatives who will follow the Constitution.
4. Create our own MSM in the form of Newspaper, Radio and Television.
5. We need to get organized. The grassroots efforts have been remarkable but very fractured and dispersed. We need a central location for our efforts to restore our government to its Constitutional basis. Efforts are being made in this area as well. There are several afoot and I hope they can be consolidated into a single location so we have one place for the information and tools we need to win this Revolution.
6. We need to take over the Republican Party. We need to face facts and win this battle from within. We have devolved into a two party system and there is very little hope of ever achieving our goals as a third party. We should invade the Republican Party like a virus at all levels and remake it from within. (see this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111402))
7. We should support an Organization committed to the restoration of the Constitution and of educating American voters as to why this should be done. Such an organization would have enormous flexibility and could be very beneficial to "winning the hearts and minds" of all Americans. Such an organization is already in the works and is in the planning stages here: http://ronpaulambassadors.com/
8. We need to use the tactics of our opponents, where appropriate, to win over the American voter. Dress nice, be polite, become a precinct chair, go to the local GOP events, schmooze, cajole, educate... but always with the focus on the objective... to educate the voters and win back our government.
9. The Ron Paul Message also needs to be clarified and made personal... we need to explain how a Constitutional government will benefit them personally. We need to hire professional speech writers to make this a reality.
10. Abandon the Rally on Washington idea. The **official** campaign has demonstrated they do not have the skills to carry out such an event successfully. No further funds should be managed by the current staff.
11. Have Ron Paul as the figurehead of this movement but take away the duties of making executive decisions. Instead, find a proven professional capable of acting as the CEO and making decisions; including hiring and firing.
12. Create a small, effective leadership group (responsible to the grassroots) to lead and guide the Revolution to achievable victories.

The Revolution is certainly not over. We CAN win the ultimate victory... but it may take a bit longer than this election cycle. Let's keep Ron Paul out there working for us... let's take back our government by replacing our representatives... once we have won, LET'S WATCH THEM LIKE HAWKS!!!

Remember, the original American Revolution lasted 8½ Years! Our fight has just begun... and we CAN win! It may take a bit more time... it may take a bit more effort... it CAN be done.

So, let's get focused on the task at hand and be flexible if we need to change tactics... let's support one another in our efforts to win back our government... let's coordinate our efforts as never before... let's get to work on the materials we need to win this war... let us stand together during the hard times knowing that we may not win all of the battles but that we MUST and WILL win this Revolution.

I am not trying to dishearten anyone here… instead, I think we all need to take a deep breath and seriously consider our position. We need to reevaluate how to achieve our goals and regain a government under our Constitution. This may be a painful realization as so many emotions are tied to this goal. We need to look at the broader picture… we need to consider how we can change our tactics, become more united, and win this Revolution.

WilliamC
03-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Why is it that every thread you start critical of what other people are doing?

You have some good ideas, but what I've read from you is wrapped in so much negativity it seems as if you are wanting to actually help Ron Paul fail rather than help Ron Paul.

It is possible to be very critical of the campaign (I have been) without calling for it's immediate demise (as you are doing).

You've also tried to get people to agree that the Rally is an inherently bad idea.

I know it's a jungle out there, but we won't make progress if some of us try and eat our own by dissing everything that's being done...

New York For Paul
03-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Is the official campaign even doing anything? They seem very quiet.

Heck they seem to give up after New Hampshire. I saw very little action or direction for the grassroots after that. The Romney and McCain seem to send out more emails after that and work their supporters.

There are some good ideas. It is heartbreaking to hear about the media being ignored when the campaign had tens of millions of dollars and they could not see fit to hire about ten people for a few thousand a month just to handle media requests.

All the free media stories would be worth millions and the four million spent on the one mailer.

Tarzan
03-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Why is it that every thread you start critical of what other people are doing?

You have some good ideas, but what I've read from you is wrapped in so much negativity it seems as if you are wanting to actually help Ron Paul fail rather than help Ron Paul.

It is possible to be very critical of the campaign (I have been) without calling for it's immediate demise (as you are doing).

You've also tried to get people to agree that the Rally is an inherently bad idea.

I know it's a jungle out there, but we won't make progress if some of us try and eat our own by dissing everything that's being done...

I regret that you think every thread I start is critical of others. I do strongly object to the march/rally because of the reasons I have listed elsewhere that point out it is both a tactical and strategic error.

I am gravely concerned about how we can keep this movement going to achieve our goals. If we do not give serious consideration to mistakes that have been made and learn from the historic mistakes of others the entire effort could end. The goal of restoring the Constitution to our government is too important.

I feel it is necessary to clearly point out some of the problems so that others can understand the conclusions in my posts. My hope is for some considered thought, rather than an immediate response to these posts. Perhaps someone has a better idea.

Our current course is leading to destruction and the warning signs are all there. To me, the problem has become so serious that only by being extremely blunt will the message get through as less blunt methods have not worked. I would encourage everyone to have a serious look at how we are proceeding as it is critical for us to change course.

MalcolmGandi
03-04-2008, 03:15 AM
How about the thing in my sig?

Tarzan
03-04-2008, 03:23 AM
How about the thing in my sig?

I think this is exactly the sort of thing we need to be doing. And we need a consolidated area for this type of activity. While the Internet efforts on behalf of Ron Paul have been remarkable they have been too scattered. I would also suggest taking your idea beyond the Internet when you are ready. We need to get into the "real world" to have an effect on people's thinking and voting. But, this idea is terrific and would allow a place for the resource to take shape and grow.

The Internet is only one part of the total answer. To win this Revolution we will need serious effort on several different fronts. It will take the concerted efforts of many of us to be truly effective and achieve our goals.

This is a terrific idea and I hope you can enlist the type of thinkers and doers you are seeking... here is the link in question: http://www.ronpaulvoters.org/ (http://www.ronpaulvoters.org/)

porcupine
03-04-2008, 08:43 AM
We need to unite. We'll never win spread out in little pockets of 4 and 5 activists. We need the synergy and strength in numbers. It's as simple as that.

See my signature for the answer to this problem.

ItsTime
03-04-2008, 08:48 AM
the campaign has failed? What self deluded self hating world do you live in?

New York For Paul
03-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Several high ranking campaign staffers are giving speeches today in Washington D.C. reviewing what they did on the campaign. Is there even a get out the vote drive in Texas going on?

I am getting emails from Obama asking for help with phone calls to texas voters today, yet I get absolutely nothing from the Ron Paul campaign.

I guess they don't need the grassroots or something.

Johnny Crab
03-04-2008, 09:00 AM
I've never seen a real team give up a game in the first or second quarter.

I voted twice for RP today but it was on a wonderful, new, easily-manipulated DIEbold fake-station 2. :mad:

My take:
You have good ideas other than throwing in the towel.
McAmnesty is self-destructing, being Mc-Boated, has some financial and personal problems growing like snowballs rolling down a Colorado mountain.
You can research the other one.

I ain't heard no fat lady singing around here.

Post this again in mid-November IF needed.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Yada. We're packing the convention, Panama John is ineligible for the presidency, and we've got the grassroots we need to get Dr. Paul on the ballots of forty-six states with or without the G.O.P.--something the official campaign cannot do without causing a backlash but which we can do while Dr. Paul maintains deniability and can still use to threaten to split their vote in November if he's not nominated.

Considering even National "Public" Radio is even participating in the media blackout, I don't know how a reasonable person could expect us to be in a better position. We have more than a chance. We are putting the Republican National Committee in the position of admitting to the rank and file that they didn't even want to win this November or nominating our man.

Our sleeves are full of aces and we're in position to call a lot of bluffs. I'm not saying the OP doesn't have good ideas--there are plenty of good ideas there. I'm saying we're on track and rolling! Pursue every good idea we have and don't let negativity slow you down one bit!

The enemy is running a war designed to cause us to be disspirited and give up. Don't give them ammo!

crazyfingers
03-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I agree with most of what you're saying. However I believe a lot of people here (not necessarily you) underestimate the difficulty of taking back the U.S. House/Senate. Personally I think the focus should be on state rep/city council races where we can build legitimacy for future campaigns for Federal office. You can't just throw up inexperienced/unknown candidates and expect them to win, even if they are well-funded. Obviously it'd be good if we can find people already in the position to run (and win) but otherwise our only real option is to start from the bottom and work our way up.

I also agree that the march is a terrible idea and I hope RP reconsiders before any real damage is done. People here need to wake up to reality. We have finite resources that need to be used to the very best available ends.

Penners
03-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Tarzan is 100% correct. We must now focus on uniting to spread "the message". We are dealing with a public that is more educated on Paris Hilton than the major issues facing our country.

I urge every one of us who really wants to "take back our country" to stay involved. Hopefully there will be one good portal where we can stay connected, focused and updated.

Tarzan, thank you so much for the post. It was needed and is so very very important.

New York For Paul
03-04-2008, 10:59 AM
It is tough to win or take back anything when the campaign and movement are doing nothing. Where is the official campaign? What are they doing today? Why are they not at the campaign office trying to win in Texas? Incredible!

Here is what I have been getting from Obama the last few days. Doesn't the Ron Paul campaign have any sense of professionalism and pride?

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxx,

We just added up the numbers, and thanks to supporters like you, we're well past our goal of 1.5 million phone calls to voters in today's crucial primary states.

This is by far the most calls we've ever made in such a short time -- but we can't stop yet.

This could be the most important day of our whole campaign, and supporters all across the country are doing their part to help Barack succeed.

Our team has put together a list of the most important calls you can make right now:

http://my.barackobama.com/march4calls

Use our online phonebanking tool and you'll get a list of names and numbers of likely supporters who we need to get out and vote today.

You'll also get a short script with details about the primary in their state, including polling hours and where to find their polling location.

It's simple and fun, and it can have an enormous impact on today's elections.

Find the most important calls you can make today and get started:

Right now, thousands of volunteer organizers are on the ground in Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

They're knocking on doors, giving people rides to the polls, and doing everything they can to Get Out The Vote for Barack.

But you can help right from your own home.

Each call you make could be another vote for Barack in the areas where we need your help the most.

Start by making five calls. I know you'll want to make five more:

We're facing some tough challenges in today's contests. But together, we've faced tough challenges before.

And each time we've been told our sights were set too high, you've risen to the call.

I need you to do it again today.

Thank you,

Jon

Jon Carson
National Voter Contact Director
Obama for America

Donate: https://donate.barackobama.com/wecan

Penners
03-04-2008, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=New York For Paul;1321872]"It is tough to win or take back anything when the campaign and movement are doing nothing. Where is the official campaign? What are they doing today? Why are they not at the campaign office trying to win in Texas? Incredible!
Doesn't the Ron Paul campaign have any sense of professionalism and pride?"

New York, I think the answer to your question is rather obvious... most of us who are fed up with the campaign have verbalized our displeasure on the Vent forum. I do wonder, however, where Dr. Paul is today. I've only seen a couple postings from him over the last few days. Perhaps he is in Washington participating in congressional meetings. It would be nice to know since he is obviously not making appearances in the states voting today.

My hats are off to the marvelous supporters who are rallying their collective arses off in Texas, RI, Vermont and Ohio without any help from HQ. God Bless em.

Ron Paul has said many times that this revolution is not about him. Does this mean we give up? No. But it does mean that we must continue the fight even after the campaign ends.

Tarzan
03-05-2008, 04:03 AM
I've never seen a real team give up a game in the first or second quarter.

I voted twice for RP today but it was on a wonderful, new, easily-manipulated DIEbold fake-station 2. :mad:

My take:
You have good ideas other than throwing in the towel.
McAmnesty is self-destructing, being Mc-Boated, has some financial and personal problems growing like snowballs rolling down a Colorado mountain.
You can research the other one.

I ain't heard no fat lady singing around here.

Post this again in mid-November IF needed.

To continue your analogy I am not suggesting we quit the game. Instead, I am suggesting we need new plays to win the game. If you keep trying to run up the middle and continue to lose yardage it only makes sense to try some new plays.

That is what I am suggesting... we are losing with our current game plan. We need a new plan to achieve our goals (a Constitutional government) and win this game.

This is not a greek play where the gods will swoop in a save us in the end. Counting on McCains destruction is like hoping for a forfeit... even if he does destruct the Republican party will draft someone other than RP. Maybe Keyes... he's still running too.

We have to face reality and come up with plans to win back our government by other means. Consider this the half time break... were we come up with new plays and use them in the second half.

Tarzan
03-05-2008, 04:08 AM
I agree with most of what you're saying. However I believe a lot of people here (not necessarily you) underestimate the difficulty of taking back the U.S. House/Senate. Personally I think the focus should be on state rep/city council races where we can build legitimacy for future campaigns for Federal office. You can't just throw up inexperienced/unknown candidates and expect them to win, even if they are well-funded. Obviously it'd be good if we can find people already in the position to run (and win) but otherwise our only real option is to start from the bottom and work our way up.

I also agree that the march is a terrible idea and I hope RP reconsiders before any real damage is done. People here need to wake up to reality. We have finite resources that need to be used to the very best available ends.

I see the validity of going after local/state offices as well. I think we have the chance to pick up a few house seats by carefully targeting vulnerable districts. I think we have a good chance by drafting congressional candidates from the ranks of successful small business owners. But you are right... we need to get them known in the district before they can be truly viable. Some are, but their numbers are small... we need more.

We need to take over the Republican party and begin grooming candidates for national office... as quickly as possible!

0zzy
03-05-2008, 11:09 AM
I Saw no advertisements in the San Antonio area.

The campaigned screwed it up for us. Welcome to reality. Ron Paul brought a message of hope and freedom, we must carry the torch.

porcupine
03-05-2008, 02:52 PM
I Saw no advertisements in the San Antonio area.

The campaigned screwed it up for us. Welcome to reality. Ron Paul brought a message of hope and freedom, we must carry the torch.

It had nothing to do with the campaign screwing up. They did way better than they were supposed to.

We just will never win spread out in tiny little pockets. We have no credibility that way and it's tiring to be one of only a few. We need to unite together in one place where we'll actually have some leverage. That's the only answer.

Sandra
03-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Guys I think Ron Paul knows something may be going down.

Tarzan
03-06-2008, 03:09 AM
Guys I think Ron Paul knows something may be going down.

I don't understand your post... could you elaborate?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-06-2008, 03:22 AM
It had nothing to do with the campaign screwing up. They did way better than they were supposed to.

We just will never win spread out in tiny little pockets. We have no credibility that way and it's tiring to be one of only a few. We need to unite together in one place where we'll actually have some leverage. That's the only answer.

no it isn't. centralization sucks.

Juliet*
03-06-2008, 04:33 AM
HI, Team!

Wow. What a thoughtful message from Tarzan! I agree with 90% of what you say. And New York, you are right on!:)

I do believe that we should march on Washington, since this will not require anything from the people who seemed a bit inept in advertising (yes, in my opinion the BEST way to let people know about Dr. Paul and his message). I see the march as an opportunity to show to the country, the media and each other, that Ron Paul not winning the nomination for the presidency does NOT spell the end of the Revolution! It's a way of revitalizing our cause and showing our strength!:cool:

And sadly you are not alone in finding that the media is perhaps not as purely evil as one might have thought! :oI have heard from various other sources how media personnel had wanted info from RP's campaign but could not get a phone call back! If this is not inept (after culling millions of dollars from us unpaid grassroots people) then I don't know what is! :(And I did not think the commercials were very well-done, either.

That being said, I am not discouraged. In fact I am very inspired. Projects like www.BreakTheMatrix (Trevor Lyman and Rick Williams' latest project) and http://ronpaulambassadors.com/ which you already mentioned (founded by Katharine, Miss September of the "Hotties 4 Ron Paul"!) will carry on the work of the Revolution!

Now some news of my own just for you here, since I did get so much help through the Ron Paul Forums! Good stuff...;)

Dear Fellow Patriot or Hottie of the New American Revolution ~

First, thank you kindly for your support of my project, the "Hotties 4 Ron Paul" Official 2008 pin-up Calendar! I hope you enjoy yours and find it a great conversation-starter and way to introduce fellow Americans to the Freedom message of Dr. Paul.

Though my idea for a unique medium to help spread the word about Ron Paul and his Freedom message, was initially met with some mixed feelings and controversy within our movement, my perseverance seems to have paid off as the "Hotties 4 Ron Paul" made news on radio shows including NPR, newspaper front pages like the L.A. Times, and even U. S News And World Report. (We're now somewhat of a favorite with Andrew Malcolm, the senior blog editor for the L. A. Times!)

I wanted to bring you up to date on a couple things Hottie-wise... First, I decided after selling out of my first printing of the calendar, that I'd do a very small and absolutely final (100 copies) re-issue of the calendars for those who really wanted one, but missed out the first time around. These will be available to be sent out on March 11th. I already have pre-orders for about 60 of them. This will leave only about 40 of them available.

I thought I'd let you people be the first to know before I go on Ron Paul Radio and let the usual bloggers know. (At that time we are sure to sell out quickly and there will definitely be no more re-prints!)

If you're interested, please let me know by sending me back a quick e-mail here or at Hotties4RonPaul@Hotmail.com saying how many calendars you would like. If you just want one, you can order directly at: www.Hotties4RonPaul.com again.

I'm limiting orders to 5 per address. The cost is $15 each + shipping/handling. I'll then send you a PayPal request for that amount to secure your calendar(s).

The other announcement is that you may go to this great site, www.LibertyPoster.org and order a very high quality, vinyl poster featuring a Hottie with some great copy and some a bit racier than in our calendars...they are very cool!

Thanks again for all of your encouragement, suggestions and support for the Hotties 4 Ron Paul project! We look forward to seeing you in Washington DC at the March for the Revolution! (June 21st is my personal preference)

Peace, Love & Liberty,
Juliet Annerino

"I know that every good and worthwhile thing stands moment by moment, on the razor's edge of danger and must be fought for!"
~ Stanislavsky

"Go forth and set the world on fire!" ~ St. Ignatious Loyola

expatinireland
03-06-2008, 05:08 AM
The official campaign has been a disaster.

Advertising, press relations, volunteer coordination and education - all bush league.

Nonetheless Ron Paul is the one who brought us all together with his message of Peace, Freedom, Liberty, and Prosperity. Ron Paul's message brought in Republicans, Libertarians, Democrats, Independents and the apathetic.

Using this board as a gauge, purely from my subjective view, it seems like its mostly only those dedicated to Republican party who remain active at this point.

There must be a catalyst to keep the disparate group of supporters together - and simply promoting taking back the Republican party just is not going to do it. If Ron Paul just goes back to being a congressman I am sorry to say it is all over - we become a footnote.

I was hoping that Ron Paul would run as an Independent, as I saw that as probably the only way that this movement will stay together having a strong central leader promoting a unique philosophy. Otherwise, our group is destined to splinter and go the way of the Reform party.

Keeping the campaign going with a rally in DC gives the opportunity to regenerate some of the enthusiasm that surrounded the campaign last autumn and just maybe a new political structure can somehow spring forth from it.

Tarzan
03-06-2008, 06:08 AM
The official campaign has been a disaster.

Advertising, press relations, volunteer coordination and education - all bush league.

Nonetheless Ron Paul is the one who brought us all together with his message of Peace, Freedom, Liberty, and Prosperity. Ron Paul's message brought in Republicans, Libertarians, Democrats, Independents and the apathetic.

Using this board as a gauge, purely from my subjective view, it seems like its mostly only those dedicated to Republican party who remain active at this point.

There must be a catalyst to keep the disparate group of supporters together - and simply promoting taking back the Republican party just is not going to do it. If Ron Paul just goes back to being a congressman I am sorry to say it is all over - we become a footnote.

I was hoping that Ron Paul would run as an Independent, as I saw that as probably the only way that this movement will stay together having a strong central leader promoting a unique philosophy. Otherwise, our group is destined to splinter and go the way of the Reform party.

Keeping the campaign going with a rally in DC gives the opportunity to regenerate some of the enthusiasm that surrounded the campaign last autumn and just maybe a new political structure can somehow spring forth from it.

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

My concern regarding these tactics is that we would only be putting off the inevitable. Third parties are not a reality in today's America and the GOP is ripe for the picking... that's why I think we should be targeting them for a takeover.

I want us to come up with a better idea than the "March on Washington"... or rally, which has no defined purpose or objective... or even a date. Even a "traveling freedom show" to go to diverse cities for education and unity efforts might work better... or something else. Whether it is DC or St. Paul we will achieve no real objectives for the short or long term. I think we would be spending our last energy on a "feel good" event... I want more.

We also need to take this out of the hands of the current leaders... the campaign staffers. We need to involved board to oversee actions carried out by a professional group with a proven history of success.

You have obviously given this some thought... I know you are a US expat so you may be in a unique position to "see the forest from the trees"... please consider where we are and where we are going to share any ideas you may have.

We need help here to keep this movement together and give ourselves the best chance of winning the Revolution. :)

good luck to us all

hypnagogue
03-06-2008, 06:40 AM
I'm going to say something that I'm certain will piss many people off. It is, however, my honest opinion.

We need to separate this message from it's failed messenger. Yes, the Ron Paul presidential campaign has failed. If we continue to make this movement about Dr. Paul, instead of Constitutional government, we run the very definite risk of going down with the ship, so to speak. This is not to say we disown him. Far from it. I am suggesting we bow out gracefully and begin upon our next project.

I see this movement, if it perseveres, taking things local. I believe the meetup groups are perfect seeds to become a better organized, more experienced, and even larger network of liberty-minded activists. If these groups can begin to produce candidates for local and state offices, we can continue to make progress, and perhaps in the long run, have an even more dramatic effect than a presidency. I am very excited about the handful of us who have already launched campaigns for state or federal legislative positions. I believe these should be our focus now, and Ron Paul can play an important role helping them to campaign.

I am, however, less enthusiastic about the prospects for reforming the Republican party. I have to acknowledge though, that I still feel some enmity for the organization, so I will not argue the wisdom of the effort. Indeed, I have become a delegate and will be attending the Senatorial conventions. We will see then what possibilities for reform we may actually have.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-06-2008, 06:43 AM
I'm going to say something that I'm certain will piss many people off. It is, however, my honest opinion.

We need to separate this message from it's failed messenger. Yes, the Ron Paul presidential campaign has failed. If we continue to make this movement about Dr. Paul, instead of Constitutional government, we run the very definite risk of going down with the ship, so to speak. This is not to say we disown him. Far from it. I am suggesting we bow out gracefully and begin upon our next project.

I see this movement, if it perseveres, taking things local. I believe the meetup groups are perfect seeds to become a better organized, more experienced, and even larger network of liberty-minded activists. If these groups can begin to produce candidates for local and state offices, we can continue to make progress, and perhaps in the long run, have an even more dramatic effect than a presidency. I am very excited about the handful of us who have already launched campaigns for state or federal legislative positions. I believe these should be our focus now, and Ron Paul can play an important role helping them to campaign.

I am, however, less enthusiastic about the prospects for reforming the Republican party. I have to acknowledge though, that I still feel some enmity for the organization, so I will not argue the wisdom of the effort. Indeed, I have become a delegate and will be attending the Senatorial conventions. We will see then what possibilities for reform we may actually have.

well at least your opening statement was correct. Ron Paul will be a Republican for at least the next 2 years. And so will I.

expatinireland
03-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the thoughtful response.

My concern regarding these tactics is that we would only be putting off the inevitable. Third parties are not a reality in today's America and the GOP is ripe for the picking... that's why I think we should be targeting them for a takeover.

I want us to come up with a better idea than the "March on Washington"... or rally, which has no defined purpose or objective... or even a date. Even a "traveling freedom show" to go to diverse cities for education and unity efforts might work better... or something else. Whether it is DC or St. Paul we will achieve no real objectives for the short or long term. I think we would be spending our last energy on a "feel good" event... I want more.

We also need to take this out of the hands of the current leaders... the campaign staffers. We need to involved board to oversee actions carried out by a professional group with a proven history of success.

You have obviously given this some thought... I know you are a US expat so you may be in a unique position to "see the forest from the trees"... please consider where we are and where we are going to share any ideas you may have.

We need help here to keep this movement together and give ourselves the best chance of winning the Revolution. :)

good luck to us all

Just a quick thought as I have some other things on.

I tried becoming active in the Republican party previously but found that too many people in the party were either one issue oriented or were on the sleeve born again Christians - I just didn't fit in and I would never try again. I just don't believe that there are enough open minded people in the Republican party that will want to take on the Ron Paul Libertarian philosophy.

The best type of organisation imho might be a PAC that will support candidates of any political stripe so long as they ascribe to holding up the Constitution Ron Paul style. In this way our organisation can be inclusive as to both its membership and those it supports.

porcupine
03-06-2008, 08:26 AM
no it isn't. centralization sucks.

It has nothing to do with centralization. There's no central headquarters or person giving orders. It has to do with working together.

If you think you and the 3 RP supporters in your area can change the world, great. Show me how it's done. Surprise me. Meanwhile, I'll be working with thousands of people who are already making real progress in New Hampshire.

contain1359
03-06-2008, 08:49 AM
If I am understanding your entry correctly. You are a senior member and are admitting to a highly probability of Ron Paul not receiving the Republican nomination. You have a right to your position. And based on the msm stats. You are correct. Its not over yet.
Understanding the meaning of insanity is not one of your strong points. If you are suggesting that those who attempt to learn from previous encounters in life and use a different and stronger means of getting to the original goal is insanity then you are fighting for the wrong cause my friend.
What is disappointing is that there are people who have been condidtioned to listen and do as those in authority positions say, such as yourself, only to find out that the people listening could have done much better on there own thoughts and choices. Example: Our President and the majority of individuals in congress who have been walking around for terms doing absolutely nothing but agree with the Presidents dictatorial rule and his administration.
I will not bow down or give in to the majority. There is always hope when there is someone willing to take a risk. And Ron Paul has done this. We must continue towards the presidency of 2008 until every door is closed. We still have an opportunity. Primaries are nearing an end not the convention.

WilliamC
03-06-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't understand your post... could you elaborate?

Personally I think Ron Paul knows of things that he does not share with the public, perhaps including his campaign staff.

Obviously all I can do is speculate, but I've often wondered why the campaign didn't re-tool back in May/June when it was obvious they were becoming far more popular than they ever anticipated.

My best guess (and I do mean guess) is that Ron Paul never intended to win the nomination, he has essentially come out and said as much on more than one occasion.

Why would he not do everything in his power to win? There could be several reasons of course and I have no inside knowledge.

But the most obvious reason is that, in order for our Country to be restored to something resembling it's Constitutional roots, it will take far more of an effort than just electing a President who wishes to do so.

Not only would Ron Paul as President have the entire establishment against him, the Congress, the Courts, most of the bueracracy of the Executive, the Media, and the wealthy elite against him, he would also be a very easy target for the type of action which has taken place in the past against Presidents who had the audacity to actually try and lead the Country away from collectivism and back towards individualism.

And even if the ultimate sacrifice wasn't necessary for him to make, it is almost a forgone conclusion now that the economy will collapse within the next year or two.

Were that to happen on Ron Paul's watch then his message and his policies, which would in no way be responsible for the problems he would have inherited, would nevertheless take the blame for the calamity that our Nation will be facing.

And that would set back the freedom cause far far worse than merely having him defeated in the Republican nomination.

But now he has awakened many 10's of thousands of us, and he will remain in Congress to serve as the focal point and leader for our movement so we can start getting him allies elected in Congress and in Local and State Government positions.

I admit that last July/August I was much more naive than I am now and was expecting a much greater showing in Iowa and New Hampshire than we had. Personally I have little doubt that the integrity of our voting process is severely compromised and that there was outright fraud that kept Ron Paul's momentum from growing.

But as to why Ron Paul himself seems to have taken a passive role in this campaign, well I think he knows that in order for the rEVOLution to last past his career and to have any chance of actually retaking control of the Government from the collectivist, that it will need much more depth and seasoning that can be provided by a 1 year presidential campaign.

The real job begins after the primary. Now is when the grassroots needs to dig into the establishment and retake control of local Republican Party organizations, re-write the platforms, learn how to play the game, and start getting individualists into positions of power. Then in 2010 we can elect more of our politicians, start moving them into the fray, and further consolidate our gains.

Hopefully by then or shortly after a charismatic individualist will arise who can make a serious run for the Republican nomination, who has a commanding presence, a great oratory style, who looks good on TV, who has a sense of humor, but who will not sell out our principles for their own power.

And Ron Paul will be there in Congress to provide the inside information, the guidance, the experience, and the wisdom to make him win.

So there is no giving up if you are serious about liberty, about freedom, about what the USA is supposed to stand for, and about our future.

Shake off your stupor, dump your doubts, nix your negativity, and get back to work.

We need you. Don't fail us.

Bradley in DC
03-06-2008, 10:38 AM

What? The official campaign did "better than they were supposed to"? What does that mean? What happened to the give us $12 million and we'll WIN Iowa and New Hampshire?

Primbs
03-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Ron Paul had a grassroots that other presidential candidates would die for. I was very optimistic that Ron Paul could pull off some interesting surprises. Very few candidates have supporters that will drive across country to attend an event.

porcupine
03-06-2008, 12:18 PM
What? The official campaign did "better than they were supposed to"? What does that mean? What happened to the give us $12 million and we'll WIN Iowa and New Hampshire?

You read that as a guarantee? Really? You're kidding right? In a field of 11 candidates, you thought $10 million would buy the single most important states of the primary election? You think a flashier ad or a better-written press-release would've gotten Ron Paul from 8% to 40%?

Considering where this campaign started (I mean, in th beginning, his website looked like something from 1995), he did extremely well. I don't know what people expected him to do. It's obvious most Ron Paul supporters haven't been following politics for very long.

It doesn't come down to mistakes. It comes down to the fact that America does not agree with us because they have never seen what freedom looks like. We need a change of strategy. We need to unite to join our efforts in one place, make it free and show them what freedom looks like.

crazyfingers
03-06-2008, 12:41 PM
It doesn't come down to mistakes. It comes down to the fact that America does not agree with us because they have never seen what freedom looks like. We need a change of strategy. We need to unite to join our efforts in one place, make it free and show them what freedom looks like.

The message can be a winning one if it is conveyed in the correct manner -- just ask Ronald Reagan. Sure he failed to live up to the rhetoric when in office, but the point is he got himself into the White House on a platform that was in many ways similar to the one RP ran on. Paul was seen as a "doom and gloom"candidate who failed to offer any realistic (e.g. incremental) solutions or alternatives. We can argue if this was actually the case but that is how he was perceived by the vast majority of the electorate...at least those that had even heard of him in the first place. It is a quintessentially American message that can take us all the way to the top, but it means getting behind somebody who is much more politically astute than the good Doctor (and has the sense to hire experienced/professional/competent staff).

BTW I like the idea of the FSP and plan on moving to NH shortly, depending pretty much entirely on the type of employment opportunities I can find. I suppose if worst comes to worst I could live in Nashua and commute to Boston.

raiha
03-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Ronald Reagan was a movie star! Seems to work in the US.
Great post Tarzan except i think the march is a must. Only problem is by the time the date is announced there will only be two people going.
This forum itself has lost 2000ish active members since January alone. As days go by it will dwindle further.
Dunno what, but some leadership and an end to squabbling would be a good start.

jacmicwag
03-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Personally I think Ron Paul knows of things that he does not share with the public, perhaps including his campaign staff.

Obviously all I can do is speculate, but I've often wondered why the campaign didn't re-tool back in May/June when it was obvious they were becoming far more popular than they ever anticipated.

My best guess (and I do mean guess) is that Ron Paul never intended to win the nomination, he has essentially come out and said as much on more than one occasion.

Why would he not do everything in his power to win? There could be several reasons of course and I have no inside knowledge.

But the most obvious reason is that, in order for our Country to be restored to something resembling it's Constitutional roots, it will take far more of an effort than just electing a President who wishes to do so.

Not only would Ron Paul as President have the entire establishment against him, the Congress, the Courts, most of the bueracracy of the Executive, the Media, and the wealthy elite against him, he would also be a very easy target for the type of action which has taken place in the past against Presidents who had the audacity to actually try and lead the Country away from collectivism and back towards individualism.

And even if the ultimate sacrifice wasn't necessary for him to make, it is almost a forgone conclusion now that the economy will collapse within the next year or two.

Were that to happen on Ron Paul's watch then his message and his policies, which would in no way be responsible for the problems he would have inherited, would nevertheless take the blame for the calamity that our Nation will be facing.

And that would set back the freedom cause far far worse than merely having him defeated in the Republican nomination.

But now he has awakened many 10's of thousands of us, and he will remain in Congress to serve as the focal point and leader for our movement so we can start getting him allies elected in Congress and in Local and State Government positions.

I admit that last July/August I was much more naive than I am now and was expecting a much greater showing in Iowa and New Hampshire than we had. Personally I have little doubt that the integrity of our voting process is severely compromised and that there was outright fraud that kept Ron Paul's momentum from growing.

But as to why Ron Paul himself seems to have taken a passive role in this campaign, well I think he knows that in order for the rEVOLution to last past his career and to have any chance of actually retaking control of the Government from the collectivist, that it will need much more depth and seasoning that can be provided by a 1 year presidential campaign.

The real job begins after the primary. Now is when the grassroots needs to dig into the establishment and retake control of local Republican Party organizations, re-write the platforms, learn how to play the game, and start getting individualists into positions of power. Then in 2010 we can elect more of our politicians, start moving them into the fray, and further consolidate our gains.

Hopefully by then or shortly after a charismatic individualist will arise who can make a serious run for the Republican nomination, who has a commanding presence, a great oratory style, who looks good on TV, who has a sense of humor, but who will not sell out our principles for their own power.

And Ron Paul will be there in Congress to provide the inside information, the guidance, the experience, and the wisdom to make him win.

So there is no giving up if you are serious about liberty, about freedom, about what the USA is supposed to stand for, and about our future.

Shake off your stupor, dump your doubts, nix your negativity, and get back to work.

We need you. Don't fail us.

I tend to agree with a lot of what you and Tarzan have posted. Maybe Trevor's new media outfit will become a focal point. The message was worthy and so was Ron but a combination of events and the perceived fringe label, made it nearly an impossible task to win (this time). Getting involved at the precinct level is an absolute must which many of us are now doing. I'm not sure that the present RP coalition will ever be able to win the hearts and votes of mainstream America. I don't think I need to go into detail here but to say we need to inspire not scare people with the message. So we have several mountains to climb as the various RP supporters/factions distill and move forward. One thing I believe - we have to move more center with the message which really plays to all people regardless of party. Extremism was probably our strength this time around but the same ideas can be packaged slightly differently for broader appeal and consumption. Since we all know the message is worthy and true, it's our job to make sure it gets a fair hearing.

Banana
03-06-2008, 02:48 PM
This is more of an answer to the call to end the official campaign, though not necessarily opposed to other ideas such as taking over advertising and so forth. (I posted that in another thread)

Some of you feel that presidential campaign is over and we need to refocus our goals and I want to offer this food for thought:

By pushing all delegates we can to both national and states' conventions, we are actually accomplishing the goals of getting like-minded candidates elected and making 3rd party runs more feasible.

See, if we push delegates, we can then pack the rules committee, credentials committee, and leadership within the party both at national and state levels with our people, and therefore make the whole party more friendly toward liberty candidates.

This is why Ron Paul wants us to be delegates; it is truly up to us to take over the party and pave the way.

Some say that the system is rigged against us and therefore we should work outside the system. But the system *IS* the problem and we already know how viable 3rd/Indy runs are. It's simply that- up to us to take back that system by packing all committees and delegates.

For those thinking that 3rd party will be more friendly, I already mentioned that if CP and LP members became Republicans, the process would be a easy slam dunk. We don't need to split; we need to unite and guess what? Ron Paul's message is something we can all unite, regardless of our personal beliefs! Also, that sort of coalition is quite common in European parliaments; we would do well to learn by their example and consolidate for strength.

Now, for independent run, I'm afraid I'm a bit stumped on that- I'm simply not sure whether it is possible for Ron Paul to run as independent without losing all privileges of being a Republican and his seat. If that isn't the case, then I would agree that having his name on ballot as Independent would be a handy bargaining chip come the convention. We will need to find that rule...

Bottom line: None of those goals are mutually exclusive, but by achieving the goal of becoming delegates for Ron Paul, we make all other goals much, much easier than if we said, "Screw it. I'm not going to work in the system and will do it my way!"

Whether your opinions of PCC may be, I firmly believe we need to push all delegates we can; it simply will do no good to pull off the most slickiest, smooth-talking, and appealing advertising blitz and have largest and organized grassroots support if we aren't actually winning over actual power (e.g. the party's committees and delegates for example).

JS4Pat
03-06-2008, 02:52 PM

It just blows me away how ANYONE who paid attention to the Ron Paul movement over the past year could possibly come to that conclusion!

Are you being paid by someone to express that view????

JS4Pat
03-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Considering where this campaign started (I mean, in th beginning, his website looked like something from 1995)
Yes in within a couple months hundreds of VOLUNTEERS had created incredibly informative and marketable websites, commercials, databases, print advertisements etc. WITHOUT 10 million dollars!

HUGE MISSED OPPORTUNITIY by the National Campaign to capitalize on the talents and expertise available to them via Grassroots Supporters!

JS4Pat
03-06-2008, 03:06 PM
It doesn't come down to mistakes. It comes down to the fact that America does not agree with us because they have never seen what freedom looks like.
It comes down to effectively communicating/marketing/packaging the message and the candidate. People are for the most part lemmings. Freedom, Peace & Prosperity could have been sold to them.

We just had no real leadership at the national level to properly use the resources we had (Funds Raised, Passionate & Creative Grassroots Volunteers, Incredible Congressional Record, Weak & Vulnerable Opposition etc.) to overcome the big obstacles that were thrown at us.

Maybe the MSM obstacle was too big to WIN - but we sure as hell should have done better than we did!