PDA

View Full Version : Who Shall We Be?

scandinaviany3
03-03-2008, 10:47 PM
My grandparents used to have these deep and simple saying they would pass down to us as children.

I can remember "if the whole world goes one way, you go the other"..."a person is a wonderful thing, and people are the worst thing on earth.."you catch more flies with honey, than you do vinegar."

The dozens of these olden day sayings that they passed down came from times of great upheaval and change. As did the stories of the great depression, their grandparents stories of war, struggles, and in intermixed and opposing these times great joys. All of this information over great bands of time even back before the twinkle of the US ever existed. They always reminded my family that from these times of legacy and stories of heritage great things binds us all together whether we realize it or not.

The ancestors in my family would use these small messages to tag onto stories to remind us never to forget all that has been learned and sacrificed. To always have purpose in our lives and to live with that purpose. To live a life and legacy when you wake up in the morning and go to be in the evening in everything you do to shape the world around you one life at a time. Leaving the world better, impacted for good, and changed.

Ultimately these family members are gone now. One by one their stories have been put in place to now pass down to the next generation.

It is all truly wonderful and exciting once we understand who we will be by seeing who have come before us and the honor and duty we have to carry on this legacy.

My friends all of us have done great good this year. Placing into our total generations heritage a great foothold for change.

We have just begun a journey on a level not often seen in history. I encourage us all to look to those indians, immigrants, leaders, presidents or whatever ancestors story you have heard of and think on it tonight and tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that, never stopping, never quitting the cause.

We are here today for who they were willing to be.

The question now for the rest of all of our lives.

WHO SHALL WE BE?

LibertyEagle
03-04-2008, 07:41 AM
bump

Ara825
03-04-2008, 07:58 AM
The question now for the rest of all of our lives.
WHO SHALL WE BE?

In the future we will be the ones "who did something."

LEK
03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
If you honor your conscience you can look in the mirror.