PDA

View Full Version : "taking back the entire Republican party" - says Ron

FreedomRings
03-03-2008, 06:58 PM
"taking back the entire Republican party" - that's a quote from Ron's post (http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/03/t-minus-1-day-a.html) today.

The more I think about it, the more I come to realize that this is the only viable option because a large percentage of the masses have been brainwashed into voting for one of the two major parties. It would probably takes decades to overcome this bias.

I'm very confident that as grassroots supporters we could cordially nudge Ron to run as an independent, even at this point. But would that be in the revolution's best interest?

The revolution and its ideas would get some additional publicity that way, but the intellectual message of "non-interventionism, no handouts, sound money" may have reached its peak at 10% to 15% or so. Anything above that would be a great success but still not enough to win.

So if Ron does run as an independent and gets 15% or even 20%, then what? Not much would have changed compared to right now. We'd be happy but as far from the WH as ever. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

On the other hand, if we stay within the GOP, then only a fraction of those 15% could make a big difference if they actively work on nurturing a silent revolution that works from the ground up (local level first).

Thoughts?

BTW, this weekend I read a book by a UK libertarian who looks at the same issue (retaking a major party) from a UK point of view. It's a quick read and very instructive even though the situation on the ground is different in the UK.

Cultural Revolution, Culture War: How Conservatives Lost England, and How to Get It Back (by Sean Gabb) (http://www.candidlist.demon.co.uk/hampden/culture.htm)

Feelgood
03-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Not gonna happen. :mad:

WilliamC
03-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I'd say it's a better chance than trying to make a third Party more successful.

Ron Paul himself tried that in 1988 and look where it got him.

This go around he's been 100 times more successful than then.

As long as he's staying Republican, then so will I.

bucfish
03-03-2008, 08:16 PM
It will happen become a delegate and everyone quit even mentioning third party runs. We can swell the ranks of the Republican Party and get the party back to its Traditional Values. The party is in udder chaos. Many fell cheated and lied to by the Current leaders in it and ready for a True Conservative. NOW IS THE TIME!!!

nate895
03-03-2008, 08:17 PM
I'd say it's a better chance than trying to make a third Party more successful.

Ron Paul himself tried that in 1988 and look where it got him.

This go around he's been 100 times more successful than then.

As long as he's staying Republican, then so will I.

The only way to make a third party successful: kill the Republican Party.

We need to either to take it over, or kill it, and I think taking it over is easier and far less expensive (you need only take the time and gas money to go to the meetings and caucuses).

jyakulis
03-03-2008, 08:18 PM
i was thinking the other day that if ron paul republicans could 20-30 congressman it could be a formidable block in congress that could block a lot of this legislation. when the house is relatively an even split between democrat/republican that could be enough to swing things.

but when you see a bill like h.r. 1955 pass by like 404-6 you have to wonder i there is any hope at all.

ItsTime
03-03-2008, 08:18 PM
taking back the party CAN happen, just not over night. one seat at a time. change the discussion. This is what the neo-cons did, why cant we do it back? Start small like we are. START LOCAL and in congress. Then go for senate then the white house. It will take 25 years of remembering the revolution for this to work though. Maybe sooner if the current rate of people waking up keeps its pace for the next 3 or 4 years.

One thing Ron Paul always stresses is the NWO and other globalists have long memories and so must we the revolution.

Todd
03-03-2008, 08:19 PM
He's right. To take back an established party is to keep the foundations intact. To make a new one, you have to grow the establishment and the base. The Republican party only needs a platform revolution. The long time Republicans will follow simply because there is an R behind the name.

WilliamC
03-03-2008, 08:21 PM
It will happen become a delegate and everyone quit even mentioning third party runs. We can swell the ranks of the Republican Party and get the party back to its Traditional Values. The party is in udder chaos. Many fell cheated and lied to by the Current leaders in it and ready for a True Conservative. NOW IS THE TIME!!!

Totally agree.

Except for the part about cattle causing the Party problems ;)

Hint, it's utter, not udder.

Mooo :)

Nailhead
03-03-2008, 08:27 PM
no...it COULD happen...we must first rid the party of any parasitic jew and mud people. Once this is done and there are no more people with hidden agendas within the party we can get back to focusing on individual liberty

ItsTime
03-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Nailhead, cia, fbi or doj? Or are you in the closet and hate yourself for it? Really it is ok to be gay.

Ex Post Facto
03-03-2008, 08:31 PM
no...it COULD happen...we must first rid the party of any parasitic jew and mud people. Once this is done and there are no more people with hidden agendas within the party we can get back to focusing on individual liberty

I agree. Once it's fixed, then we can go into a third party. However, I have the feeling that once it becomes ours we will stay and make third parties more viable to avoid the two party system.

nate895
03-03-2008, 08:32 PM

IF YOU IDIOTS HAVEN'T NOTICED THE EXIT POLLS SAY THAT RON PAUL DOES WELL AMONGST JEWS AND CATHOLICS, TWO GROUPS THAT CONTINUE TO GET INSULTED BY A FRINGE ON THESE BOARDS.

WilliamC
03-03-2008, 08:33 PM

Dude, if you are going to go bigoted on us why don't you leave?

I could care less if someone is Jewish and I don't even want to know what you mean by "mud people".

I hope you realize that the Archie Bunker mentality was only funny during the 1970's, and only then because it woke so many people up to what bigotry looked like.

ItsTime
03-03-2008, 08:33 PM
he is cia, doj or fbi trying to find out who the other hate mongers are and gather their IP address.

IF YOU IDIOTS HAVEN'T NOTICED THE EXIT POLLS SAY THAT RON PAUL DOES WELL AMONGST JEWS AND CATHOLICS, TWO GROUPS THAT CONTINUE TO GET INSULTED BY A FRINGE ON THESE BOARDS.

Cowlesy
03-03-2008, 08:35 PM

I eliminated this troll.

ItsTime
03-03-2008, 08:37 PM
thank you :D

I eliminated this troll.

nate895
03-03-2008, 08:39 PM
I eliminated this troll.

Another victory for Cowlesy, troll killer.

Ron Paul Fan
nailhead

Tell me any others that deserve a mention.

kill the banks
03-03-2008, 08:39 PM
taking back the party CAN happen, just not over night. one seat at a time. change the discussion. This is what the neo-cons did, why cant we do it back? Start small like we are. START LOCAL and in congress. Then go for senate then the white house. It will take 25 years of remembering the revolution for this to work though. Maybe sooner if the current rate of people waking up keeps its pace for the next 3 or 4 years.

One thing Ron Paul always stresses is the NWO and other globalists have long memories and so must we the revolution.

it can and will happen ... be committed / focused

kill the banks

Misesian
03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Actually it can happen. If the meetup structure functions at the capacity to take back each county party we can do this.

In my state you have precinct chairs in the county party who will elect the county exec comm. chairman.

It's very easy to become a precinct chair. It shouldn't be too hard to 50 people as precinct chairs, go to one meeting, and vote in a new local party chairman.

Cowlesy
03-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Honestly guys, I hate banning people, but nowhere near as much as I abhor those who group others into groups and then spout horrific BS about them.

Ron Paul is about us all being equal as individuals, and even if you don't support that, I cannot stand when people group people like that and spew hatred. It's basically against everything Ron Paul and the freedom movement are for.

I don't care if people harbor prejudices toward others, or even hatred...but if you spew it on this board, I am coming down on you like a ton of bricks. Call me an evil Mod, I don't care --- That is where I draw the line.

kill the banks
03-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I eliminated this troll.

10 4

ItsTime
03-03-2008, 08:45 PM
I never understood why skinheads and other hate groups like Ron Paul so much. It would seem that Ron Pauls platform is polar opposite of those hate groups.

Honestly guys, I hate banning people, but nowhere near as much as I abhor those who group others into groups and then spout horrific BS about them.

Ron Paul is about us all being equal as individuals, and even if you don't support that, I cannot stand when people group people like that and spew hatred. It's basically against everything Ron Paul and the freedom movement are for.

I don't care if people harbor prejudices toward others, or even hatred...but if you spew it on this board, I am coming down on you like a ton of bricks. Call me an evil Mod, I don't care --- That is where I draw the line.

Cowlesy
03-03-2008, 08:48 PM
I never understood why skinheads and other hate groups like Ron Paul so much. It would seem that Ron Pauls platform is polar opposite of those hate groups.

I kind of understand. They think the Jews control the central bank which does in fact destroy our currency and typically the measure of which we gain our earnings. We on the other hand look at the Federal Reserve as not an ethnic entity,but one signed into existence by a foolish president who unwittingly started the destruction of the currency and our means of earning a living.

That's oversimplified, but probably why they're on the same side as us when it comes to abolishing the ridiculous Fed.

BigTimeMoe
03-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I think it absolutely CAN happen in the GOP. Since I've become more active in the party, I am meeting many folks, who are long time party people, who ARE RP supporters and who desperately want to get back to the founding principles of the party - the problem is that they are the minority. They see this influx of fresh, energetic people as the party's saving grace. We CAN bring it back! The neo-con powers that be assume (hope) we are going to go away after this election is over. I know that in my little neck of the woods in TX - the neo-cons are in for a rude, very rude awakening and it's just a matter of who has the energy to keep up the fight. Sorry for the rant!

Cowlesy
03-03-2008, 08:51 PM
I think it absolutely CAN happen in the GOP. Since I've become more active in the party, I am meeting many folks, who are long time party people, who ARE RP supporters and who desperately want to get back to the founding principles of the party - the problem is that they are the minority. They see this influx of fresh, energetic people as the party's saving grace. We CAN bring it back! The neo-con powers that be assume (hope) we are going to go away after this election is over. I know that in my little neck of the woods in TX - the neo-cons are in for a rude, very rude awakening and it's just a matter of who has the energy to keep up the fight. Sorry for the rant!

Don't say sorry! Great post!!!

I think an extremely important point is to use Ron Paul's views to present a POSITIVE view of where we can go, ESPECIALLY when the economy is headed downhill.

ItsTime
03-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Good points.

I kind of understand. They think the Jews control the central bank which does in fact destroy our currency and typically the measure of which we gain our earnings. We on the other hand look at the Federal Reserve as not an ethnic entity,but one signed into existence by a foolish president who unwittingly started the destruction of the currency and our means of earning a living.

That's oversimplified, but probably why they're on the same side as us when it comes to abolishing the ridiculous Fed.

hawks4ronpaul
03-03-2008, 09:00 PM

If they want to lose the Fed, they should want to help RP get elected, instead of sabotaging RP with their obviously counterproductive actions.

RonPaulalways
03-03-2008, 09:04 PM
These are the people and that must be totally discredited along with their powerful backers if America wants to regain its soul:

----
In the course of the past year, a new belief has emerged in the town: the belief in war against Iraq. That ardent faith was disseminated by a small group of 25 or 30 neoconservatives, almost all of them Jewish, almost all of them intellectuals (a partial list: Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith, William Kristol, Eliot Abrams, Charles Krauthammer), people who are mutual friends and cultivate one another and are convinced that political ideas are a major driving force of history.
------

These people still get published by Jewish neoconservative papers like the Wall Street Journal and therefore wield tremendous influence.

-Haaretz

brandon
03-03-2008, 09:09 PM

I wonder if you have a hidden agenda....

RSLudlum
03-03-2008, 09:11 PM
must first rid the party of any...mud people.

LOL...WTF??? Am i watching Scooby Doo or something. What am i missing here :rolleyes:

Ex Post Facto
03-03-2008, 09:30 PM
I say while we are at it, take over the Democratic Party as well.

idiom
03-03-2008, 11:13 PM
A mud people theorist lol. They actually think that they are the real Jews of the Bible. That the lost tribes escaped to Britian. Also, Jesus visited Britian after he was resurrected.

What you think of as real Jews they consider imposters. Whites = True Jews. Regular Jews= Imposters. Everyone else = Mud People. They are not in fact descended from Adam, they are not even human. Its beyond Racist its verging on Specist.

Don't you people read the Turner Diaries? Thats like not reading the Koran or something.

torchbearer
03-03-2008, 11:17 PM
huh? i keep picturing cartoon scooby doo mud people chasing the gang...

american.swan
03-03-2008, 11:52 PM
The only way to make a third party successful: kill the Republican Party.

We need to either to take it over, or kill it, and I think taking it over is easier and far less expensive (you need only take the time and gas money to go to the meetings and caucuses).

I agree.

mello
03-04-2008, 12:29 AM
I think the real momentum will occur when everyone is getting their news online bypassing the the MSM crap that the luddites today are currently using as their source of news. Unfortunately that will take about 10-20 years before they croak from old age.

New York For Paul
03-04-2008, 12:45 AM
We won straw polls around the country. Now we need these activists to run for party positions. It can be done.