PDA

View Full Version : I Think we have the Delegates...

IPSecure
03-03-2008, 05:20 PM
I Think we have the Delegates...
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/40876
Posted March 3rd, 2008 by deaconblues911

Greetings Fellow Liberty Republicans!

I just attended my county Republican convention this weekend and I have to say, I was very pleased by what I saw there.

First off, the lawn outside the convention center was carpeted by campaign signs from all of the candidates. I am pleased to say that Ron Paul signs dominated the landscape! I would say that for every sign a candidate had up, we had at least three. Kudos to Carl Bruining for equipping the supporters in this region to get the word out!

As I went into the convention (I am a county and congressional delegate) to be seated, I saw a lot of local politicians had booths. What I did not see was McCain very well represented. Ron Paul’s booth was big and informative (there was always a group standing there). Huckabee also had a booth, but it was not as well attended.

The first person who got up to speak was Marilyn Musgrave, Congresswoman from the 4th Congressional District in Colorado. She really tried to sell everyone there on the idea of John McCain as the nominee. Funny thing is, it did not look like her heart was in it. She was merely towing the party line. People in the audience were actually standing up and denouncing her words (not too rudely, but vocal none the less). Other than Musgrave, there was only one person who got up and spoke for McCain and I think he was the last minute/only choice of speaker for McCain.

This man got up and actually used words and phrases like “Constitution,” and “return to conservative values,” when referring to McCain. He said he was upset that he was the only one who wanted to get up and speak for McCain. Poor, deluded man…

What really lifted my hopes was when Carl Bruining got up and spoke for Dr. Paul. Every time he spoke of Dr. Paul’s platform, the room erupted in applause.

Here is why my hopes are up…

As I sat there, I realized that most of the delegates in that room were Ron Paul supporters. The reason I know this, is because we had a secret sign that we all went and picked up before the convention got under way. It was not obvious to those who were there, but it was to those of us Dr. Paul supporters.

We had pulled off what nobody yet realizes…we had the majority of delegates!

I cannot wait for State and Congressional…and the National convention! If this is an indicator, we are in the calm before the storm. When the convention in Minneapolis happens, the world will be stunned. Why? Because we have quietly infiltrated the party and we are taking it over.

Hang in there folks…the battle seems to have been lost, but the war is far from over. While they think we are in defeat, we are marshaling our forces for the great battle to be fought in Minnesota. The fight that will take back our party and ultimately, our nation.

God Bless Ron Paul

God Bless the Liberty Republicans

And God Bless this Republic!

Chaplain Steve
Ron Paul - Lion of the Constitution

molly_pitcher
03-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Bump love hearts kissses http://www.elite-otaku.net/natalie/mininavi/includes/images/riceballs/Heart.png

One of the sexiest posts on here in a long time. http://www.elite-otaku.net/natalie/mininavi/includes/images/smoke.gif Was it good for you?

I like to use these reports to motivate guys around here that aren't as "in the know". This was motivational to say the least, and very well written if I do say so myself.

Thanks so much.

nate895
03-03-2008, 05:35 PM
It will be fun. We plan for this to happen in Washington.

mikeycapz
03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
excellent job!! Let's keep this up, keep fighting.

N13
03-03-2008, 06:35 PM
nice

benhaskins
03-03-2008, 06:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsVkV3AZqqI

greeksta59
03-03-2008, 06:44 PM
in texas were gonna do it even bigger!!!!

kigol
03-03-2008, 07:09 PM
word.

amonasro
03-03-2008, 07:26 PM
What's ironic is that the MSM will be responsible for Ron Paul's success by letting the Revolution fly under the radar for so long. Maybe it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

nate895
03-03-2008, 07:28 PM
What's ironic is that the MSM will be responsible for Ron Paul's success by letting the Revolution fly under the radar for so long. Maybe it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

I believe the establishment got caught with their trousers down on November 5th and weren't able to organize for the caucuses, only enough to rig the primaries.

Revolution9
03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
We just stacked Dekalb's 4th Dstrict top to bottom with RP delegates..

The R3volution will be at the Convention. It will be quite awesome to behold and set the world on its ear.

Best
Randy

syborius
03-03-2008, 07:47 PM

What I did not see was McCain very well represented. Ron Paul’s booth was big and informative (there was always a group standing there). Huckabee also had a booth, but it was not as well attended.

It would be interesting to set up a Mccain booth in each county around the country, and an RP booth next to it. Seeing is believing. I have yet to hear of a story where Mccain dominates a convention with signs, a following, or a big rally held for him with many adoring fans. Willing to bet if the same scenario was repeated all around the country it would be the same result you noted above.

“In our brief national history we have shot four of our presidents, worried five of them to death, impeached one and hounded another out of office. And when all else fails, we hold an election and assassinate their character.”

kaleidoscope eyes
03-03-2008, 07:48 PM

The R3volution will be at the Convention. It will be quite awesome to behold and set the world on its ear.

Best
Randy

ha ha, let's infect the system and slowly saturate it, they'll never know what hit 'em!:D

itshappening
03-03-2008, 07:49 PM
this is fantastic news

kill the banks
03-03-2008, 08:23 PM

Best
Randy

i'm becoming refreshed ... delegates make the rules ... i've heard some neocons were surprised in one state [per patriot act ]

march on

kill the banks

Feelgood
03-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Ok, Im a little lost here. Where exactly do we have all these delegates? In a single county? State? The needed 1191?

nate895
03-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Ok, Im a little lost here. Where exactly do we have all these delegates? In a single county? State? The needed 1191?

I think he believes that since we kicked ass in a convention when we only got 7% in the straw poll, we are in pretty good shape.

defe07
03-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Does the campaign HQ have any updated delegate totals?

tangent4ronpaul
03-03-2008, 09:10 PM

Greetings Fellow Liberty Republicans!

I just attended my county Republican convention this weekend and I have to say, I was very pleased by what I saw there.

First off, the lawn outside the convention center was carpeted by campaign signs from all of the candidates. I am pleased to say that Ron Paul signs dominated the landscape! I would say that for every sign a candidate had up, we had at least three. Kudos to Carl Bruining for equipping the supporters in this region to get the word out!

As I went into the convention (I am a county and congressional delegate) to be seated, I saw a lot of local politicians had booths. What I did not see was McCain very well represented. Ron Paul’s booth was big and informative (there was always a group standing there). Huckabee also had a booth, but it was not as well attended.

The first person who got up to speak was Marilyn Musgrave, Congresswoman from the 4th Congressional District in Colorado. She really tried to sell everyone there on the idea of John McCain as the nominee. Funny thing is, it did not look like her heart was in it. She was merely towing the party line. People in the audience were actually standing up and denouncing her words (not too rudely, but vocal none the less). Other than Musgrave, there was only one person who got up and spoke for McCain and I think he was the last minute/only choice of speaker for McCain.

This man got up and actually used words and phrases like “Constitution,” and “return to conservative values,” when referring to McCain. He said he was upset that he was the only one who wanted to get up and speak for McCain. Poor, deluded man…

What really lifted my hopes was when Carl Bruining got up and spoke for Dr. Paul. Every time he spoke of Dr. Paul’s platform, the room erupted in applause.

Here is why my hopes are up…

As I sat there, I realized that most of the delegates in that room were Ron Paul supporters. The reason I know this, is because we had a secret sign that we all went and picked up before the convention got under way. It was not obvious to those who were there, but it was to those of us Dr. Paul supporters.

We had pulled off what nobody yet realizes…we had the majority of delegates!

I cannot wait for State and Congressional…and the National convention! If this is an indicator, we are in the calm before the storm. When the convention in Minneapolis happens, the world will be stunned. Why? Because we have quietly infiltrated the party and we are taking it over.

Hang in there folks…the battle seems to have been lost, but the war is far from over. While they think we are in defeat, we are marshaling our forces for the great battle to be fought in Minnesota. The fight that will take back our party and ultimately, our nation.

God Bless Ron Paul

God Bless the Liberty Republicans

And God Bless this Republic!

Chaplain Steve

Absolutely fabulous news! - thanks for sharing - well, cross-posting.

There is just one thing... while a rep from Colorado came in for a stump speech, and the conventions going to be held Minneapolis, this the post told us, this all happened in the state of - umm, er... "Earth"?

Where are we doing well?

thanks,

-n

pinkmandy
03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Awesomeness! RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aidyl
03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
why does this thread only have one star? this is great news!

torchbearer
03-03-2008, 09:16 PM
why does this thread only have one star? this is great news!

Take it as a reminder there are people on the forum that wish us ill-fate.
Some even reading this very post.

mczerone
03-03-2008, 09:16 PM

(Superbig wishful thinking) Maybe that is what all the money went toward - paying the Media off to keep RP on the QT, so that none of the other candidates' bases thought they had to show up to the fight.

I'll need to see some results in Minnesota before I believe.

gray
03-03-2008, 09:20 PM
yeah which state?

AFM
03-03-2008, 09:32 PM

Exactly
HOLD THE LINE!!!!

nate895
03-03-2008, 09:35 PM
(Superbig wishful thinking) Maybe that is what all the money went toward - paying the Media off to keep RP on the QT, so that none of the other candidates' bases thought they had to show up to the fight.

I'll need to see some results in Minnesota before I believe.

You won't believe it is possible until it happens. I want to be on the convention floor so bad, just so I can watch it happen.

Zera
03-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Boy, local government is really exciting. Good job guys, lets continue to take over the party and return it to what it originally stood for.

ninepointfive
03-03-2008, 10:03 PM
What a good post.

I went to the same convention! We indeed had a great showing, and yes. Musgrave was pretty appalling, but willing to swallow mccain with the "Maalox".

I think we will have a good showing at state. I'm an alternate to state, and Delegate to 4th congressional

kyleAF
03-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I'll be getting a slot tomorrow if all goes well...

I'll "support" whomever will get me the slot, depending on the concentration of voters at the caucus. I'll either trump up Ron Paul or McCain, but either way, I'm going to get that slot.

I know who I'll vote for at the conventions regardless ;)

torchbearer
03-03-2008, 11:02 PM
do what must be done to reinstate the constitution.
Those without power cannot defend freedom.

Jamsie 567
03-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Keep fighting brothers ans sisters we are not the majority but we are the willing.

God bless our restoration of our great land!

Banana
03-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Straight from the horse's mouth:

Revolution in Virginia (http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/03/03/r3volution-in-action-update-1/)

Colorado, too (http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/03/04/the-revolution-in-colorado/)