PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: World War Three Has Begun.

Patriot123
03-03-2008, 02:42 PM
UN approves new Iran sanctions

The UN Security Council has voted to impose a third set of sanctions on Iran over its refusal to suspend its nuclear power programme.

A resolution sponsored by Britain, France and Germany won the backing of 14 of the council's 15 members. Indonesia abstained.

International powers have said Iran is seeking to use the progamme to develop nuclear weapons, an allegation denied by Tehran.

The move came as the UN's atomic monitoring body pressed Iran to deal with allegations of secret nuclear weapons work.

Mohammed ElBaradei, the director-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, said: "I urge Iran to be as active and as co-operative as possible in working with the agency to clarify this matter of serious concern."

Iran has ignored three previous Security Council resolutions demanding it freeze its uranium enrichment programme, which can produce fuel for both nuclear power plants or atomic weapons.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/158...BF92EAC3BDD.htm (http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/158BDD06-3F96-4217-8740-5BF92EAC3BDD.htm)

Now if you all remember, there was an NIE report recently which proved that the allegations on Iran were false. Our own government still insisted that Iran was dangerous and was developing nuclear weapons. Then Russia went out and said that any attack or sanctions on Iran would be deemed an attack on Russia itself. Then Iran went out and said that any more sanctions would force them to 'take action.' So now we've just ignited WWIII with Russia and Iran. Folks, we're all dead. Welcome to World War Three... >.>

wakejumpin
03-03-2008, 02:46 PM
lol wat?

Patriot123
03-03-2008, 02:53 PM
...Okay.

Sanctions have just been imposed on Iran, meaning that Russia is going to likely start throwing some nukes around and Iran will throw a few jets around, which will ignite World War Three. Simple enough, right?

theseus51
03-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Er, it's just sanctions. The article says it's the third, meaning the other two didn't cause any war. Though Ron Paul says sanctions are an act of war, but I tend to look at it more as cold war2, rather than ww3.

pinkmandy
03-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Sanctions are an act of war.

Patriot123
03-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Yes, but the other two came before the NIE report, and before Russia threatened to essentially nuke the world if any more sanctions were imposed. This sanction has come after Russia threatened to nuke the world.

RadiantBlueLight
It's like this. Iran and Russia are facing off with us at high noon. Everyone is watching as we step foolishly across the line in the sand.

Luft97
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/158...BF92EAC3BDD.htm (http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/158BDD06-3F96-4217-8740-5BF92EAC3BDD.htm)

Now if you all remember, there was an NIE report recently which proved that the allegations on Iran were false. Our own government still insisted that Iran was dangerous and was developing nuclear weapons. Then Russia went out and said that any attack or sanctions on Iran would be deemed an attack on Russia itself. Then Iran went out and said that any more sanctions would force them to 'take action.' So now we've just ignited WWIII with Russia and Iran. Folks, we're all dead. Welcome to World War Three... >.>

I don't think it will start right away but they are laying the ground work that is for sure. Can we take action and choose our own destiny? Time will tell.

Agent CSL
03-03-2008, 02:56 PM
WW3 started awhile ago.

Nonetheless this sanction is to be expected. We're going to be seeing tensions rise but I don't see anything major happening yet.

acptulsa
03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
The unfortunate part is George and Vladimir aren't pointing pistols at each other, but at us.

Ex Post Facto
03-03-2008, 03:10 PM
WW3 started with Bush calling 5 countries an "axis of evil" Odd that he can figure that out within days of an attack on WTC.

constitutional
03-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Er, it's just sanctions. The article says it's the third, meaning the other two didn't cause any war. Though Ron Paul says sanctions are an act of war, but I tend to look at it more as cold war2, rather than ww3.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hwQqjtiZdsfXdE0UlAJHsDpQMKkw

Dr.3D
03-03-2008, 03:19 PM
The unfortunate part is George and Vladimir aren't pointing pistols at each other, but at us.

I for one would like to see those leaders of governments who have a dispute, settle it between themselves on a deserted island. While perhaps we root for them while watching on the television.

TER
03-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Russia voted for these sanctions....

Patriot123
03-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Russia voted for these sanctions....

That's impossible... They're even helping Iran develop nuclear energy, from what I've heard. They're Iran's closest ally as of now. Why and how would they vote for it?

TER
03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
The sanctions passed involved all of the members of the Security Council, which includes Russia and China. These sanctions, which are considered mild, where what was compromised with those two countries in order for them to pass.

By the way, Russia does NOT want Iran to have nuclear weapons. They want to sell them nuclear energy for plants and such, but not to be used for weapons.

LEK
03-03-2008, 03:46 PM
It's like this. Iran and Russia are facing off with us at high noon. Everyone is watching as we step foolishly across the line in the sand.

Correct.

And what is so amazing is the similarity between this scenario and the Iraq invasion scenario. Only difference is Russia...could be a rather significant difference...

IcyPeaceMaker
03-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Russia is on the security council, and had to vote for the sanctions, having veto power which they refused to use. The shooting hasn't started yet, don't panic.

kimo
03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
No news. Everybody who followed news lately, had known this for about 1 week.
Believe me, if the real WWWIII starts we`ll be the ones of the first from those who are the last to know it..

2orb
03-03-2008, 04:02 PM
That's impossible... They're even helping Iran develop nuclear energy, from what I've heard. They're Iran's closest ally as of now. Why and how would they vote for it?

According to this article we're indirectly helping Iran develop nuclear energy as well. Kind of ironic isn't it?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/02/06/mideast/nuke.php

WASHINGTON: The U.S. Energy Department is subsidizing two Russian nuclear institutes that are building key parts of a reactor in Iran that the United States spent years trying to stop, according to a House committee.

The institutes, both in Nizhny Novgorod, gave U.S. officials sales presentations describing their capabilities, and listing the Bushehr reactor, which Russia has agreed to fuel, as one of their projects. One institute is providing control systems, including control room equipment, and the other is providing hundreds of pumps and ventilation fans.

The Energy Department is subsidizing the institutes under the Initiatives for Proliferation Prevention, a program set up after the collapse of the Soviet Union to prevent newly impoverished scientists and their institutions from selling their expertise to states that might be developing nuclear weapons. The United States supplements the salaries of scientists, and pays overhead at those institutes, among others.

It was not immediately clear if the Energy Department was paying the salaries of the scientists involved in the Bushehr reactor. Representative John Dingell, chairman of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, and Bart Stupak, chairman of the Oversight and Investigations subcommittee, asked that question in a letter sent Wednesday to Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman.

"What policy logic justifies DOE funding Russian institutes which are providing nuclear technology to Iran?" the letter asked, referring to the acronym for the Department of Energy. "How does this advance our nonproliferation goals?"

Bushehr is a civilian electric power plant, and because of its design, removing its nuclear fuel to recover the plutonium that is the byproduct of its operations would be cumbersome. In addition, Russia has agreed to take back the spent fuel from the plant, so the plutonium cannot be recovered by the Iranians.

But the United States has looked with some alarm at Iran acquiring nuclear expertise. Iran wants to build a plant to enrich uranium, to make its own reactor fuel, but American officials complain that the enrichment technology could also be used to make warheads, with the civilian nuclear program as a fig leaf to justify the new industry. And Iran has announced plans for other reactors.

In a statement, Dingell, a Democrat of Michigan, said "only this administration would complain about proliferation in Iran, as part of President Bush's axis of evil, and then finance it with American taxpayer dollars." Stupak called it "schizophrenic foreign policy."

The United States pays for a variety of projects at numerous "institutes" in Russia and other former Soviet countries. At the Scientific Research Institute of Measuring Systems, which is making control room equipment for Bushehr, for example, the United States is paying $1.15 million for a project for radar mapping of geologic structures, which could be used to locate underground mineral deposits.

A study of the American program by the Government Accountability Office released last month found that while the program was intended to provide support for former Soviet weapons scientists, many of those receiving benefits had done no weapons work and some were not old enough to have worked as scientists during Soviet times.

An Energy Department official testifying before Stupak acknowledged at a hearing Jan. 23 that parts of the program might have outlived the original intent.

At the Energy Department, an official who asked not to be named because his response had not finished going through official channels said that "what we're doing is very important to engage these scientists as part of a nonproliferation goal." He said that each sponsored project was approved first by the State Department, the Defense Department and U.S. intelligence agencies, and that the Energy Department did not believe that its sponsorship of programs at institutes that also did work for the Iranians advanced the work of Iran.

theseus51
03-03-2008, 04:33 PM
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hwQqjtiZdsfXdE0UlAJHsDpQMKkw

This is what I said it is, just talk. This has been going on for a long time, I don't see how this new thing is any different.

And this "world" war you speak of, it'll be involving what, 2 countries? The US has more military capabilities than the rest of the world combined. Do you seriously think Russia, with its depleted military is going to start attacking American forces? Who else would come to Iran's aid, China? Saudi Arabia? What official government would stupidly declare war on the US, to help Iran?

Time for Change
03-03-2008, 04:41 PM

That's about it.
I couldn't have said it better.

Patriot123
03-03-2008, 04:49 PM
This is what I said it is, just talk. This has been going on for a long time, I don't see how this new thing is any different.

And this "world" war you speak of, it'll be involving what, 2 countries? The US has more military capabilities than the rest of the world combined. Do you seriously think Russia, with its depleted military is going to start attacking American forces? Who else would come to Iran's aid, China? Saudi Arabia? What official government would stupidly declare war on the US, to help Iran?

Russia has one of the most suicidal governments, if I'm not mistaken ;)

Rangeley
03-03-2008, 04:51 PM
You mean the Russia that voted for this resolution is going to start lobbing nukes around because it passed?

Lets come back to Earth.

Cleaner44
03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Correct.

And what is so amazing is the similarity between this scenario and the Iraq invasion scenario. Only difference is Russia...could be a rather significant difference...

There is another difference. This time we have a massively depleted military and treasury.

coastie
03-03-2008, 05:02 PM

You cant possibly be serious in thinking all of the above. Russia's depleted military??? What about ours? Step away from the TV, sir.

theseus51
03-03-2008, 05:22 PM
You cant possibly be serious in thinking all of the above. Russia's depleted military??? What about ours? Step away from the TV, sir.

Depleted in the sense of no where near as ours, and much smaller than during the cold war. They may see our military spread too thin around the world, but Russia isn't retarded enough to be an open ally, providing military support of Iran in a US vs Iran War.

Mesogen
03-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Didn't Russia just elect a new prez?

Cinderella
03-03-2008, 08:03 PM
war is happening all over...or its about to happen...look at the whole venezuela and colombia problems...colombia is like the israel of south america...usa has ties with colombia and venezuela has its ties with cuba and russia and iran and china...usa is already sticking its nose down there....were in for some crazyness like weve never seen before....

constitutional
03-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Depleted in the sense of no where near as ours, and much smaller than during the cold war. They may see our military spread too thin around the world, but Russia isn't retarded enough to be an open ally, providing military support of Iran in a US vs Iran War.

We don't have money.
We don't have the troops necessary to even defend ourselves.

Wars last for years. One way to win a war is making a country go bankrupt which we are doing it anyhow.

And so answer this, why did we spent trillion in Middle Easy, the enemy -- that has no navy, army, air forces or whatever.

christagious
03-03-2008, 09:28 PM
There is another difference. This time we have a massively depleted military and treasury.

It's called printing off more and more money and a DRAFT

christagious
03-03-2008, 09:29 PM
war is happening all over...or its about to happen...look at the whole venezuela and colombia problems...colombia is like the israel of south america...usa has ties with colombia and venezuela has its ties with cuba and russia and iran and china...usa is already sticking its nose down there....were in for some crazyness like weve never seen before....

You beat me to it. I was gonna mention how we're gonna end up providing support to Colombia. Completely ridiculous, this is why we need Ron Paul, a non-interventionist.

satchelmcqueen
03-03-2008, 09:38 PM
You beat me to it. I was gonna mention how we're gonna end up providing support to Colombia. Completely ridiculous, this is why we need Ron Paul, a non-interventionist.

Yes. i guarantee one meeting with Paul and all of these countries would be our friends.:)

thuja
03-03-2008, 09:43 PM
The sanctions passed involved all of the members of the Security Council, which includes Russia and China. These sanctions, which are considered mild, where what was compromised with those two countries in order for them to pass.

By the way, Russia does NOT want Iran to have nuclear weapons. They want to sell them nuclear energy for plants and such, but not to be used for weapons.

thanks, i can relax awhile. your name, is it anything to do with the epistle, a paper newsletter from a monterrey lutheran church member and martial arts teacher?

raiha
03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I thought thuja was a plant: Thuja occidentalis...homoeopathically good for curing warts. Would work well in the Pentagon.

Well i don't think with the looney behaviour currently exhibited everywhere (Gaza, Somalia, Pakistan, Colombia, Russia, Kosovo, Armenia...that your illustrious prez and his cohorts would bat an eyelid at lobbing 'usable' nukes... If your military is depleted, there's the solution. But wait! China is salivating in the wings and sharpening her talons....Way to go neocons...you have destabilized the world beyond my wildest fears.

ChickenHawk
03-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Now if you all remember, there was an NIE report recently which proved that the allegations on Iran were false.

Okay, lets be fair here. An intelligence report does not "prove" anything it's just an educated guess. I find it funny how people jump all over that report as proof that Iran isn't building nukes but every intelligence report they don't like is lies and propaganda. War with Iran needs to be avoided if at all possible but clearly a lot of countries around the world are concerned about their nuclear intentions.

raiha
03-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Nah Chickenhawk, people all around the world are afraid of USA's nuclear intentions!

ChickenHawk
03-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Nah Chickenhawk, people all around the world are afraid of USA's nuclear intentions!

I'm pretty sure that was the plan.

kyleAF
03-04-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm pretty sure that was the plan.

QFT....but:

The best laid plans of mice and men...

kyleAF
03-04-2008, 12:14 AM
I almost find this funny (if it weren't threatening to escalate to all-out war and kill me and mine).

We're financially supporting the Russian energy department, which is giving nuclear material to the Iranians, who are threatening the Israelis, who were installed in the region by the UN, whose headquarters is in New York, where the terrorists attacked us, because they were pissed that we were in Saudi Arabia, where the Saud family was kept in power by our policies, in exchange for dollar denominated oil markets, so that we could keep our currency going without the gold backing, which we at first had a lot of after WW2, in part because of the reparations from Weimar Germany, which forced it into an inflationary depression, which led to WW2, where we entered to protect Britain and France, which were the countries that first invaded and divided up the oil fields in Iraq (Mesopotamia) in WW1, and then in Iran where Mosadegh later nationalized BP's fields, forcing Churchill to call on Eisenhower and the CIA to overthrow him and install Shah Pahlavi, who butchered his people causing them to rise up and install Khomeini, who issued fatwas against our societal freedoms that never quite got anywhere, while we started funding Bin Laden and the Mujahideen in Afghanistan, so that they could oust the Soviets, whom we were also feeding at the time, and whose energy department we would later (today) subsidize, while they supply Iran, only to eventually become the troops in Afghanistan fighting against the Mujahideen whom we trained and gave stingers to, after pissing off Bin Laden badly enough to attack New York.

"I mean, what's going on here???" :cool:

If Bin Laden had just struck the UN building, we could all be rid of all of our problems :rolleyes:

Pauls' Revere
03-04-2008, 12:45 AM
I almost find this funny (if it weren't threatening to escalate to all-out war and kill me and mine).

We're financially supporting the Russian energy department, which is giving nuclear material to the Iranians, who are threatening the Israelis, who were installed in the region by the UN, whose headquarters is in New York, where the terrorists attacked us, because they were pissed that we were in Saudi Arabia, where the Saud family was kept in power by our policies, in exchange for dollar denominated oil markets, so that we could keep our currency going without the gold backing, which we at first had a lot of after WW2, in part because of the reparations from Weimar Germany, which forced it into an inflationary depression, which led to WW2, where we entered to protect Britain and France, which were the countries that first invaded and divided up the oil fields in Iraq (Mesopotamia) in WW1, and then in Iran where Mosadegh later nationalized BP's fields, forcing Churchill to call on Eisenhower and the CIA to overthrow him and install Shah Pahlavi, who butchered his people causing them to rise up and install Khomeini, who issued fatwas against our societal freedoms that never quite got anywhere, while we started funding Bin Laden and the Mujahideen in Afghanistan, so that they could oust the Soviets, whom we were also feeding at the time, and whose energy department we would later (today) subsidize, while they supply Iran, only to eventually become the troops in Afghanistan fighting against the Mujahideen whom we trained and gave stingers to, after pissing off Bin Laden badly enough to attack New York.

"I mean, what's going on here???" :cool:

If Bin Laden had just struck the UN building, we could all be rid of all of our problems :rolleyes:

Don't forget a cold war and all the crap the French and UN started in SE Asia which drew the USA into Vietnam. Before that you ask? yes, there was Korea the forgotten war which technically did not end but is a sustained truce to this day. Don't forget Israel and Palestine the media's fall back on a slow news day. What movie was it? Oh yes, I think it was Full Metal Jacket which said it best..."I live in a world of shit".

:D

kimo
03-04-2008, 02:41 PM
That why Russia, China voted as they did yesterday. Known deal.
From "other" media:

West forced to drop anti-Iran resolution
Tue, 04 Mar 2008 23:54:30

Western powers have retreated from an IAEA anti-Iran resolution, fearing it may jeopardize Tehran's cooperation with the agency.

In order to step up pressure on Iran, European countries planned to introduce a separate IAEA resolution one day after the UN Security Council slapped a new round of sanctions on Tehran.

However, the plan was dropped after meeting strong opposition from Russia, China and the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM).

"We don't think that there is any need for a draft resolution. In our opinion, it would damage the environment of cooperation and confidence-building between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the agency," said the Cuban Ambassador Norma Goicochea Estenoz.

The opposition warned that excessive sanctions could prove counter-productive as it may put Tehran's cooperation with the UN nuclear watchdog in jeopardy.

VaderM5
03-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Allies: US, UK, Australia, Israel, IRAQ, Afganistan, Kosovo, Columbia
Axis: Russia, Iran, China, Serbia, Venuzala, Nicaragua

:rolleyes:

VaderM5
03-04-2008, 03:47 PM

All Russia has to do is to wait for John McK@in to be elected president and prevok him into attacking them in December. :rolleyes:

raiha
03-04-2008, 03:57 PM
That was a chewy morsel to be sure KyleAF.

I submit the sinking of the Lusitania to the list of horrors there. Reading about that incident in "The Creature from Jekyll Island" makes me understand that indeed 9/11 was putrid! Call corruption and absolute power run amok fascism, capitalism, communism or whatever you like. Bottom line it is greed! And frustrated greed turns to hatred! And lack of imagination at reflecting on consequences of greed and hatred is ignorance. Greed, hatred and ignorance makes the world go around. Always did. Always will. The only difference with today's rulers and Alexander the Great and Vlad the Impaler is that the former has the means of Mutually Assured Destruction and they are predictably merrily heading in that direction!

JGalt
03-04-2008, 05:08 PM
uh, doesn't Russia have a permanant seat on the Security Council? If any sanctions were levied wouldn't they have to approve or at least abstain from voting?

VaderM5
03-06-2008, 04:19 PM
All Russia has to do is to wait for John McK@in to be elected president and prevok him into attacking them in December. :rolleyes:

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN1559876520080215

kimo
03-06-2008, 04:27 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN1559876520080215

He remainds me more&more Zirinovskij. No joke

newyearsrevolution08
03-06-2008, 04:27 PM
can this post be any more "emo" filled? lol dont even give us a chance huh, the world is over? lol hey what can we do? I guess nothing we are just all dead lol.

. If we were in world war 3 you would know it. We would have our concentration camps getting filled with "potential terrorists".

Folks, we're all dead. Welcome to World War Three... >.>