PDA

View Full Version : My Campaign Update *Walsh For County Clerk*

LandonCook
03-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Well it has been a week since I agreed to run against the 12-year democratic incumbent...

A well known (retired) local Judge and Republican strategist contacted me about the run last week and without even announcing has since caused a ton of talk around the town.

I will announce tomorrow… this is what the local newspaper is running:

Not your average 19 year old, Corey Landon Walsh has announced his candidacy for Searcy County Clerk against twelve year Democratic incumbent Wesley Smith. Being a Marshall resident all his life, Walsh graduated from Marshall High school in 07’ and promptly took to political activism. Organizing more than 4 political organizations around the state and helping other groups as well. Even spending his vacation in Iowa for two weeks to campaign, and attend the Iowa Caucus. Since his graduation, Walsh has given speeches to groups with as many as 200 people and has fought for more accountability in government. “My family always raised me to be hardworking and honest, while they never were too enthusiastic about my political activism, they soon realized how focused and passionate I was about making a difference.” Corey is the son of Lee and Julie Walsh owners of Ozark Hardwood Flooring and Ozark Mountain Log Homes, the grandson of the late Gibson Walsh, Marjorie and Delmar Freeman and Ronnie and Sally Treadwell. “I think the taxpayer deserves a lot, sadly they rarely get it. I feel like the more I can give back to the community the better.” Winning the race would make Walsh the youngest Clerk in Searcy County history.

What looked to be a easy race is looking more and more like a stiff challenge… My opponent Wesley Smith has a lot of family influence in the town, as well as a prominent Mason.(which has been known to sway local elections…)

I’ve been told that if I a 19 year old can kick this slimy 6 term democrat on his corrupt ass… I would make huge political waves within the Republican Party and open up a Pandora’s box worth of future Republican support.

So… Anyone want to help? Im not exactly sure how you guys could help but im open to suggestions…

kigol
03-02-2008, 11:49 PM
good luck.

silverhandorder
03-02-2008, 11:57 PM
I will bring pizza and beer. I am out of ideas. Seriously good luck.

ronpaulwinna
03-03-2008, 01:52 AM
I think you are awesome!!! if you win You can keep tabs on all the election records of the county!! You would be the Supreme Record master, which is awesome. Can you still keep your post as the GOP chairman for the county?

AdamT
03-03-2008, 02:30 AM
When is the election?

LandonCook
03-03-2008, 11:28 AM
I think you are awesome!!! if you win You can keep tabs on all the election records of the county!! You would be the Supreme Record master, which is awesome. Can you still keep your post as the GOP chairman for the county?

If I do I will have to give up my seat in the state election commision... but its ok, I will just oppoint one of our guys to it.

hopeforamerica
03-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Landon, best of luck to you! You give me more hope for our future. If you need to raise funds, this is the place to do it! Get a web site!!

LandonCook
03-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Landon, best of luck to you! You give me more hope for our future. If you need to raise funds, this is the place to do it! Get a web site!!

I don't know how to make one or set one up...