PDA

View Full Version : Tell me whats wrong with these 2 articles...

Joseph Hart
03-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Tell me whats wrong with these two articles two days away from primary in RI...

http://www.projo.com/issues_grid.htm
http://www.valleybreeze.com/Free/MAIN-NS-W-primary-with-headshot-of-Todd

Spolier:
Projo: Under Paul/Taxes:
Supported 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts. Supported extending tax cuts through 2010. Supports efforts to repeal the income taxes, to be replaced by a national retail sales tax. Would abolish the IRS. Has pledged not to raise taxes.

Breeze: Voters will find six Republican contenders. U.S. Sen. John McCain is the expected victor. Former Gov. Michael Huckabee, the governor of Arkansas who remains a contender, has campaigned heavily in Rhode Island over the last week before heading out to Ohio, which, along with Texas will have its primary on March 4. Also still on the ballot but not in contention are U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, former Gov. Mitt Romney, Alan Keyes and Dr. Hugh Cort.

aksmith
03-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Well, that's certainly sloppy work on the tax position.

And I see nothing wrong with the second article. Has Ron appeared in Rhode Island even once during the campaign? I call that "not in contention." As a matter of fact, has he been any place other than Texas or Washington, D.C. since super Tuesday? I can't exactly blame a newspaper that isn't rooting for him for not recognizing we're about to win Rhode Island in absentia.

Joseph Hart
03-02-2008, 11:11 PM
And where are you from? RI Ron Paul meetup group has done more campaigning in RI than anyother supporters. They underestimate us.

Penners
03-02-2008, 11:42 PM
from the 2nd article: "Also still on the ballot but not in contention are U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, former Gov. Mitt Romney, Alan Keyes and Dr. Hugh Cort"

I see something wrong with that....

Joseph Hart
03-02-2008, 11:54 PM
from the 2nd article: "Also still on the ballot but not in contention are U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, former Gov. Mitt Romney, Alan Keyes and Dr. Hugh Cort"

I see something wrong with that....

Same here. We better pull out 15%
aksmith is defining the meaning of the word, and is right to a point but he doesn't understand what relevance the doctor has in this state.