PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Fan Persecution?

IPSecure
03-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Nannette who painted her whole house Ron Paul.. in the sleepy little town of Magnolia has received a notice from her Mortgage company, not the Home Owners Association but the actual mortgage company. Her house will be foreclosed on if she does not have her house repainted by March 17th. It seems the Mortgage company does not like the paint colors?

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/danitexas/ofidfd.jpg?t=1204515932
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/danitexas/ofidfd.jpg?t=1204515932

Any Mortgage Attorney's out there?

yongrel
03-02-2008, 09:58 PM
wow

malkusm
03-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Wow...that paint job is awesome, and that mortgage company is a bunch of bastards.

NEPA_Revolution
03-02-2008, 10:00 PM
How can they justify forclosure?

nate895
03-02-2008, 10:01 PM
That is ridiculous, but that is why you should own your property outright. The home doesn't look too expensive, maybe a bunch of Ron Paul supporters can get together and give her a loan and she can pay off the home.

Gtex
03-02-2008, 10:06 PM
How terrible that situation is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u0w_1vi75Q

RSLudlum
03-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I was informed of this yesterday on our meetup group.

'grannynews' informed us of the company's name:

White Oak Developers
Conroe, Texas,
Phone: William Dark 281-367-1194

online contact: http://www.woodlandsonline.com/cdps/cditem.cfm?nid=4537

i shot them a respectful email about my feelings on the matter ;)

here's the scoop from the Magnolia, TX meetup group:

After all the hard work we did to paint the house Ron Paul, and place it on YouTube (Ron Paul house painting party 1st edit Time Lapsed) the house and myself are under attack.

Yesterday (Wed. Feb. 27) I received a certified letter from my mortgage company stating "We hereby give you until March 17, 2008, to paint your home or we will have no choice but to continue with forclosure on your property."

Remember this is my mortgage company doing this, this is not even the Home Owners Assn, this is my mortgage company (White Oak Developers)! Imagine if your bank or lender called you up and said they were taking your house away from you because they didn't like the color it was painted! That is what has just happened to me!

I do have deed restrictions, but they contain arbitraries such as "using paint colors which are unharmonious with the development, etc." and they have never been enforced before, so we know this is an attack on Ron Paul and my freedom of speech, but if they get away with it, I lose my home, the home that I have paid in good faith, the home I bought without FEMA assistance after being completely wiped out by Rita, the only home I have.

I have limited time and resources, so I have to call out for your help. I am in desperate need of help over here. If you know of an attorney who can work this case pro bono and save me from losing my house, please let me know. Or maybe you know an attorney who will need fees and I can get donations (that is always harder).

I also want to plan a petition party. Hopefully some people will come and help me canvass the neighborhood for signatures. It would be a nice time to go ahead and tell them about Ron Paul and why we need their vote. I can post that on my meetup group (930) if you can post it to 81.

I will also post a legal defense fund donation button on www.DocFeelgood.us in the general store or under grassroots on the Ron Paul House pages. If I end up getting some pro bono help I can use the money for filing fees and return the rest (unless someone just wants me to give it to Ron or Granny Warrior or something).

In any case I hope the Revolutionaries continue to come to the aid of their fallen bretheren, lest we all be picked off - one at a time.

Thank you in advance.
In Liberty,
Nannette

Feelgood
03-02-2008, 10:32 PM
That is ridiculous, but that is why you should own your property outright. The home doesn't look too expensive, maybe a bunch of Ron Paul supporters can get together and give her a loan and she can pay off the home.

Agreed, however you can't own the property perse'. you own the real estate, which technically the bank own until you pay it off in full. Not sure exactly what the law is in that state, but there is a chance they may be able to take the property back. They may claim the property has been vandalized or something...who knows.

DFF
03-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Replace Ron w/McPain and see what happens.

westmich4paul
03-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Surely we have some laywers on here from that area that can give this person a hand in dealing with this harassment.

Fields
03-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Contact the ACLU.

berrybunches
03-03-2008, 02:29 AM
Contacting the ACLU would be an awesome idea...I bet they would love to help in a case like this.
I can almost bet if you get a lawyer and you seem serious that they will back down...not sure but this is the weirdest thing I have ever heard of. They hate Paul so much that they are willing to lose a loan payment over it? Crazy

qh4dotcom
03-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Bump

mczerone
03-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Paint your home. A nice Fluorescent-Lime with bright orange letters: My Mortgage company hates Ron Paul.

Then see if they make you change it again

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Are you delinquent?
What's the payoff amount?
(if you don't mind me asking)

qh4dotcom
03-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Are you delinquent?
What's the payoff amount?
(if you don't mind me asking)

The owner says the mortgage payments have been made on time.

LEK
03-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Paint your home. A nice Fluorescent-Lime with bright orange letters: My Mortgage company hates Ron Paul.

Then see if they make you change it again

:D

HollyforRP
03-03-2008, 02:38 PM
most likely is.

Aratus
03-03-2008, 03:12 PM
they did not specify the paint... like its watercolor, oil... acrylic or a whitewash...?
had they sent over cans of BEHR... or something equally substancial.... THEN
MAYBE THE LETTER WOULD HAVE TEETH. i feel there is a discretionary rule
concerning rational self interest. make them look either stupid or swarmy.

RonPaulMania
03-03-2008, 03:41 PM
If you've ever read mortgage papers you sign the mortgage company has the right of inspection and declare what is best for their investment. Most people have a minimum investment to the bank's.

It's like saying, "Yeah bank, we like your money but not the rules I signed up for." If she doesn't like it she should buy her own house without getting a mortgage without all the strict rules that go along with them. They are in every mortgage.

Deborah K
03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
She needs to carefully look over her mortgage papers and see if there are any clauses that prevent her from painting her house any way she chooses. If there aren't any, which I don't know why there would be, she needs to go to the local news station, the paper, the radio station and the ACLU and fight this.

satchelmcqueen
03-03-2008, 05:54 PM
She needs to sue the mortgage co. for harassment, because i doubt that the contract said anything about paintjobs. As long as the payments are up to date, then it is nothing to them. SUE!!

Aratus
04-16-2008, 12:49 PM
i am wondering what happened concerned this poor woman's freedom of speech!

kigol
04-16-2008, 05:39 PM
wow

hillbilly123069
04-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Anyone know?