PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Paul story

Ridiculous
08-16-2007, 09:56 AM
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/ron-paul-vice-president.html

Our goal isn't for him to be the vice, but the story is interesting.

I really don't think any of the other campaigns would consider bringing him on board though because of his views.

Slugg
08-16-2007, 10:05 AM
8. Ron Paul can be no worse than Dick Cheney

I'm not sure if I should laugh, or shake my fist....oh hell, I'll do both...I LOVE IT!!!

ROFLMAO

UtahApocalypse
08-16-2007, 10:08 AM
So the question is, If another Republican picked Ron Paul as VP would they get your vote?

M.Bellmore
08-16-2007, 10:09 AM
I do think #10 is one we should be concentrating (hence Jennifer's excellent idea)

10. Young voters, 18-29, make up approximately 17% of the voters in a presidential election. They tend to support the third party candidate at a rate of 2:1 and they favor the Democratic candidate over any other demographic. Look at Ralph Nader and John Kerry voters in 2004. Ron Paul will be able to cause a shift in the young voters. Causing a shift in young voters would have its greatest impact if voter turnout was increased which would be likely to happen.

= Mark

G-khan
08-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Ron Paul would not go along with the President if it was not authorized by the constitution. Therefore no one would choose him to be vice President IMO

Slugg
08-16-2007, 10:13 AM
If it was a Huckabee/Paul ticket..I'd vote for them

If it was a Tancredo/Paul ticket...I'd vote for them

If it was ANY 2nd teir candidate/Paul..i'd vote for 'em.

But, I doubt Dr. Paul would accept a VP position without some change in Foreign Policy...and economic policy....

So, if there was a ticket with Paul as the VP, I trust he took it for a reason. Even if the platform of the primary candidate didn't change. I'd trust Dr. Paul's judgment and vote for the team.

Ninja Homer
08-16-2007, 10:51 AM
A Fred Tompson/Ron Paul ticket could be good... if the cancer becomes terminal.

Sorry, is that mean? In that case, I was joking.

I really feel that Ron Paul will be the Republican candidate, so the discussion should be about who Ron Paul will take as VP.

The young voters are going to surprise everybody, and demonstrate how useless their "scientific polls" are when the young voters show up in high numbers and bring up the percentage of people who vote. Read this article for a good example of what will happen with Ron Paul. (http://www.salon.com/news/1998/11/06newsb.html) The young already love Ron Paul, mostly because they are the ones who know about him because of the Internet.

I think the older voters will love Ron Paul as well once they find out about him, because they remember how things were before everything in government was so corrupt, and Ron Paul is the only one that can bring us back to that.

It's the middle-age people I'm not so sure about. I think it's up to younger Ron Paul supporters to spread the news of him to their parents. And don't just get them to vote for Ron Paul, get them excited enough to tell their friends about him. Baby-boomers have most of the money in the US... get a decent portion of them to support Ron Paul and there will be no stopping him from becoming president.

shadowhooch
08-16-2007, 10:52 AM
eh, wouldn't he have more of an impact as a Congressman rather than a VP?

Akus
08-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Ron Paul would not go along with the President if it was not authorized by the constitution. Therefore no one would choose him to be vice President IMO

exactly, I wouldn't care for VP spot, if Ron Paul is campaigning for any post other then POTUS, I'll stop caring and campaigning for him

Andrew76
08-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Yes. If they truly had the cajones, the article would/should be titled, "Top 10 Reasons why Ron Paul should be President."

Jokers.

JaylieWoW
08-16-2007, 11:50 AM
So the question is, If another Republican picked Ron Paul as VP would they get your vote?

My answer is maybe and it would depend on how many issues the Republican chosen candidate aligned with on Ron Paul. One reason for this would be the potential for him (if he were willing and able) to run again as Pres. in another 4 years with at least more name recognition.

Other than that, I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time thinking about it. In all likelihood, if Paul isn't the Republican nominee, any other candidate who at this point in time would be chosen would be a total mis-match.

Avalon
08-16-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't care who picks him up as a VP...the other presidential candidates will simply do what they're told, I really doubt there will be any real difference (except for adapting the posturing/pandering to try to give people the image they want...which is obviously affected by which president they choose). As VP, Ron Paul would get plenty of exposure to his ideas and I don't even think the media could resist not giving him the lecturn to badmouth his own administration. A regular candidate would be crazy to pick him as their running mate, but I'd definitely vote for any ticket with him on it.