PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ron Paul?

Penners
03-02-2008, 06:13 PM
With significant primaries only 2 days away I am wondering where he is. Haven't heard of any public appearances since the Austin ralley.

Any appearance in Vermont or Ohio? If not, why?

Anyone have any idea why there have been no press releases, campaign emails or events posted on the schedule?:confused:

Joseph Hart
03-02-2008, 06:27 PM
He's probably saving it for a last minute national ad. Just a thought.

rvkpa
03-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Wasn't he recently in washington *shock* Doing his job as a congressman? I thought he was on C-Span questioning bernanke.

Tdcci
03-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Wasn't he recently in washington *shock* Doing his job as a congressman?

Are the other members of Congress running for President spending their time in D.C? No, because they know it will hurt their campaign.

Banana
03-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Are the other members of Congress running for President spending their time in D.C? No, because they know it will hurt their campaign.

You know, this actually should be a good thing, not a bad thing.

I mean, who want a official who goes running after a pot of gold as soon as they get election, leaving the constituents holding the bag?

It's a sad state of affairs when campaigning is more important than legislating.

Feelgood
03-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Agreed.

Tdcci
03-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I mean, who want a official who goes running after a pot of gold as soon as they get election, leaving the constituents holding the bag?

Will Ron Paul help us more as a Congressman or a President?

Banana
03-02-2008, 07:08 PM

That has nothing to do with the point I was making; that integrity and commitment to one's duty should matter more than posturing and grandstanding.

Tdcci
03-02-2008, 07:18 PM
That has nothing to do with the point I was making; that integrity and commitment to one's duty should matter more than posturing and grandstanding.

Integrity and commitment to one's duty don't win votes. On the other side, you fail to mention that Ron Paul is failing his commitment to his Supporters and donors to try his best to win the Presidency.

nobody's_hero
03-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Integrity and commitment to one's duty don't win votes. On the other side, you fail to mention that Ron Paul is failing his commitment to his Supporters and donors to try his best to win the Presidency.

Did you mean to say that?

I mean, I kind of understand that, de facto, you may be entirely right. However, let's not forget that we're talking about Ron Paul here. Integrity and commitment are the only reasons I am voting for him.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-02-2008, 07:27 PM
I truly hope he's back on the campaign trail after March 4th and his Congressional primary, or I will be disappointed. I think the response to Peden has been far overblown anyway, if the poll showing Ron Paul with nearly 70% are any indication. Or does the campaign know something we don't? I fail to understand how Peden was ever considered any kind of threat justifying going back to only Texas and effectively suspending the Presidential campaign for an entire month.

ronpaul.republican
03-02-2008, 07:30 PM
If the Ron Paul campaign suddenly had $200 Million in donations, would he even have any chance of getting the Republican nomination at this point? I mean, it's simply not possible now, right? Independent run, maybe, but definitely (mathematically) not the Republican nomination.

Or am I missing something?

Banana
03-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Integrity and commitment to one's duty don't win votes.

My point was it should.

On the other side, you fail to mention that Ron Paul is failing his commitment to his Supporters and donors to try his best to win the Presidency.

Maybe because he was *already* committed to be a representative for his district two years ago?

Seriously, this kind of attitude is why we have horrible candidates for President- we keep voting for who's has most slicky hair, brilliant white smile and smooth voice, and we get stuck with a snake oil salesman instead of a intellectual nerd who actually paid attention in his history, economic and political science class.

Banana
03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
If the Ron Paul campaign suddenly had $200 Million in donations, would he even have any chance of getting the Republican nomination at this point? I mean, it's simply not possible now, right? Independent run, maybe, but definitely (mathematically) not the Republican nomination.

Or am I missing something?

Picking up as many delegates as we can. Maybe there's a brokered convention where we can still get Ron Paul as the nominee. If there's no brokered convention, our delegates will push for reform of party to make it more favorable for future RPRs.

If we have enough delegates, Paul wins, with or without nomination.

Penners
03-02-2008, 07:41 PM
IF RP is still in Washington, which I doubt, that should not hinder him from being in Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas OR Vermont this weekend. That should not prohibit some events being posted on the campaign website (unless that is just another incompetent display of the campaign staff). I just shake my head every time I look (unfortunately several times a day) to see if any support at all is being given to those faithful supporters who are out there trying to win in those Mar. 4th states.

And to all the groupies who want to chew off my head... you will get your chance after March 4, if we dont see some REAL effort by the campaign to get RP some notoriety and votes..

Margo37
03-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Or does the campaign know something we don't?

!!!!!

Does seem oddly quiet as we were told this Congressional race was all important, no events scheduled etc.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-02-2008, 08:01 PM
!!!!!

Does seem oddly quiet as we were told this Congressional race was all important, no events scheduled etc.

Yes. Either this is more incompetence from the campaign(s) in diverting 99% of resources and activity to this Peden fight, or they know something that contradicts what we've seen the last week, suggesting Paul really is in danger of losing his seat...

Penners
03-02-2008, 08:04 PM
He can't divert the funds to his congressional seat but I understand that most of the presidential ads still airing in Tx are in broadcast range of the congressional district. From what I can find, he seems to have a lock on the congressional seat. Regarding the POTUS campaign, God only knows what they are doing.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-02-2008, 08:15 PM
He can't divert the funds to his congressional seat but I understand that most of the presidential ads still airing in Tx are in broadcast range of the congressional district. From what I can find, he seems to have a lock on the congressional seat. Regarding the POTUS campaign, God only knows what they are doing.

Totally agreed. I'm dumbfounded at the dismal state of the Presidential campaign. It's no wonder we can't even break $10,000 a day anymore when most supporters are unable to see their hard earned money going toward any activity on the campaign's part these days. What the hell are they doing?? :mad:

Banana
03-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Suggestion:

E-mail bomb the PCC for answers.

I wonder if they've interpreted the slowdown in donations as a lack of support and are getting ready to throw in towel.

So, maybe if every and each of us sent them a polite, friendly email (Yes, I know you are fed up with HQ's incompetency, but remember honey over vinegar) asking them what they are doing and make it clear that you simply want to know more so you can donate more.

Penners
03-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Could they have engineered a slowdown?

Banana
03-02-2008, 08:28 PM
'they' being who? PCC?

For what?

sillvergirl
03-02-2008, 08:47 PM
I am very disappointed that Ron Paul never came back to Ohio after a
brief visit to Cleveland (northern Ohio) 6 weeks ago. RP never came to the southern half of our state,and there has been absolutely no support from the national campaign HQ either. Without any radio ads or TV ads , it has been difficult to convince voters that RP was still in the race at all.I called national HQ, to ask why Ohio was not worthy,(88 delegates at stake), of any visit or any support.
I was told that " the Revolution is going to take longer than one year or one election". That told me that the people RP has employed at campaign HQ really don't care about this election,and are not sacrificing the way we as volunteers are.
I have spent all of my "free time",(I have a full-time job in health care as a physician), for the past 6 months working on this campaign. Recently , I canvassed 2 precincts in Ohio, and I "installed 50 Ron Paul for President 2008" signs all of the greater Cincinnati area in preparation for our primary election
on March 4th. This effort is probably all in vain, because it appears that few really care what happens in Ohio anymore.

ronpaulhawaii
03-02-2008, 09:08 PM
The threat to RP in the congressional race is real. While RP is polling well, the GOP establishment is doing everything possible to take the seat from RP. RP is here District 14, he attended the Brazoria Heritage Day Parade on Saturday. He is looking forward to getting back into the national campaign after the primary here. He will be in DC on the the 4th.

We need to do what we can with what we have, and not depend on HQ. This is a tough fact of a grassroots based campaign. It is all about collecting delegates.

Work hard - Make Friends - Make History

Dare to Win!!!

Feelgood
03-02-2008, 09:33 PM

WOW! Someone else who gets it!!! :eek:

@Sillvergirl

Dont know what to tell you other then keep the faith. It is going to get alot worse before it gets better. Keep plugging away, and talking to people, it is all you can do. Most, even in these forums, unfortunately have already taken their eye off the ball as well. The only thing that matters, is RP in the White House, but so many dont seem to realize or understand, just how important that really is. With any luck, this will be much like the convention was for Abe Lincoln. When he went to the convention seeking the nomination, he only had 22 delegates from Illinois. Not only was he able to secure the nomination, but he went on to become President as well. We just have to be strong, and keep working it, convince those you can to vote RP. I cant tell you how many people I run into, that still dont even know who RP is. Funny thing is, when you drive around, Ron Paul are the only signs you see anywhere. :rolleyes: At any rate, we just need to get Ron to the convention, and hope somehow, he can work some magic. If not, and McCain gets the nomination, we are screwed.

Margo37
03-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I was told that " the Revolution is going to take longer than one year or one election". That told me that the people RP has employed at campaign HQ really don't care about this election,

Well at least someone was there to answer the phone but reading that remark is just devastating once again, this is an election like none other, I don't know that we'll have any more choices or even have much time or freedom to act at all after this one.

LinuxUser269
03-02-2008, 10:24 PM
http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/d/e/0/5/highres_2036837.jpeg

were not going anywhere !

Steve_New_Jersey
03-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Look.... With all the elites trying to knock us down we are still here. We are still working hard. We are still turning heads and bringing new faces to the revolution. This race stoped being about putting RP in the whitehouse a very long time ago.

Do you people all understand that we are very close to the edge here. We are close to the point in wich we can not be ignored anymore. All of RP's predictions are coming true politicly and fiscaly. The public is starting to agree with his stances as a whole. There are more constitutional people climing into the race for seats around the country.

We should be celebrating. 10 years ago heck 20 years ago this would have been a pipe dream. We are very close to being able to change the normal day to day operations and thinking of the government if we keep working. So instead of complaining about how Ron is not bucking for president anymore direct your energy into the entire picutre because Ron alone is squat. Its together we can change this mess and restore our country. The revolution is building an army. This army is going to march on DC soon and hopefully grow and sweep the nation.

Penners
03-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Honestly I don't know what else the campaign could say or do to convince the "non-believers" among us that they are, at this point, not really pursuing the POTUS.... but rather the opportunity to influence the platform. That was clearly stated in the "Main" (grrr) Maine email that went out. And right now with absolutely no publicity, no press releases, no speeches, no stumps, they are not even getting "the message" out.

Fortunately I'm in a state that doesn't have a primary until May so the amount of time and money that I have invested is minimal compared to the real troopers in the past and immediate future primary states. God Bless each and every one of you who carried signs, canvassed, made phone calls and gave deeply from your hearts and pocketbooks. YOU deserve every bit of credit for any success the campaign claims.

Again, I will reserve in depth public forum comments on this until after March 4. Then we will see what if any commitment HQ has to promoting and marketing Dr. Paul.

kigol
03-02-2008, 11:46 PM
good question