PDA

View Full Version : Painted over Ron Paul signs :(

Joseph Hart
03-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Several of my signs around town were spray painted over. Im full of anger right now. 2 days before the primary here in RI and this shit happens.

Also a town over from me, people spraypainted "Ron Paul kills cops" on several buildings.

Very sad day here in Rhode Island.

nbhadja
03-02-2008, 03:40 PM
It's a sad day for the entire country. It is startling to see how 98% of this country not only doesn't have a clue about how their country is getting destroyed, but also because they support the very policies that are destroying this country.

TheTruth
03-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Where in RI?

Northeastern CT right here, I live right near the boarder...

I don't have signs or anything, and I am only a teenager...

Joseph Hart
03-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Where in RI?

Cumberland (North Eastern RI)

TheTruth
03-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Ahhh I know where that is. I used to go to sylvan to get advanced teaching in geometry.

Cowlesy
03-02-2008, 03:50 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wish I could find new signs and send them by courier to you to slam in the ground in front of the vandalized ones.

rockandrollsouls
03-02-2008, 03:52 PM
If they are vandalizing buildings, people should be smart enough to think that they shouldn't believe it. Vandalizing property to get a point across? Sounds like a bunch of hooligans.

Banana
03-02-2008, 04:05 PM
I wonder if blowback applies to this?

I know that I've had more interest in candidates whose signs got defaced, as it made me wonder why all the hate and looked them up.

surf
03-02-2008, 04:24 PM
i had a bunch stolen from up the street, so i put out a nice 2x4 sign. it was uprooted, so i put it back, pounded it in, and put vaseline around the edges. next time i saw it, someone had spray painted "racist' on both sides of it.

there were new Obama and Hillary signs here.

i gave up on that spot. i'd love to find out who did this, but it's probably better i don't know. my anger has changed to disappointment.... as i replied to my mom after she told me she'd caucused for Obama: "you can lead a horse to water...."

crackyflipside
03-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Try to get local media to pick up on this, call them and tell them what's been happening!

constitutional
03-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Several of my signs around town were spray painted over. Im full of anger right now. 2 days before the primary here in RI and this shit happens.

Also a town over from me, people spraypainted "Ron Paul kills cops" on several buildings.

claymores? That's if it's your private property.

http://content.kapowwe.com/images4/1-1-610_3.jpg

Cowlesy
03-02-2008, 04:56 PM
claymores? That's if it's your private property.

http://content.kapowwe.com/images4/1-1-610_3.jpg

No more of those suggestive/dangerous posts, please.

Thanks.

Matt Davidson
03-02-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm from Boston, and we put up 10 or so signs on overpasses over 295 last weekend. Did you see those? Did they spray/rip them? Probably punk kids... or Obama campaign workers.

Matt

Exarel
03-02-2008, 05:11 PM

I live near you! I have extra signs to replenish your stock :)

jrich4rpaul
03-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Cumberland (North Eastern RI)

They didn't paint over those giant white Ron Paul signs on that green fenced in overpass, did they?

I believe that was in Cumberland, I may be mistaken

TheTruth
03-02-2008, 05:26 PM
i had a bunch stolen from up the street, so i put out a nice 2x4 sign. it was uprooted, so i put it back, pounded it in, and put vaseline around the edges. next time i saw it, someone had spray painted "racist' on both sides of it.

there were new Obama and Hillary signs here.

i gave up on that spot. i'd love to find out who did this, but it's probably better i don't know. my anger has changed to disappointment.... as i replied to my mom after she told me she'd caucused for Obama: "you can lead a horse to water...."

Oh well, I guess democrats without jobs had nothing better to do...

LEK
03-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I like the racist comment - and Farrakhan's endoresment of Obama is a badge of honor?

Try not to get mad or bitter. They operate out of ignorance and hate - the very things Ron Paul stands against.

If the world hates him - he must be doing something right 'cause the world is messed up.

Joseph Hart
03-02-2008, 05:36 PM
They didn't paint over those giant white Ron Paul signs on that green fenced in overpass, did they?

I believe that was in Cumberland, I may be mistaken

Over 295? I saw those and one was loose so I tied it back down.

Feelgood
03-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Try to get local media to pick up on this, call them and tell them what's been happening!

I honestly doubt the media would care, other then to laugh at him, or say something like...see? no one really wants Ron Paul around...

Now why would they say some crap about RP killing cops? That makes no sense. :rolleyes:

JohnDevilman
03-02-2008, 06:14 PM
If the world hates him - he must be doing something right 'cause the world is messed up.

Actually, it seems as though the world LOVES him, it's just the sheeple here who think he's nefarious.

constitutional
03-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Someone told me she does not like Ron Paul because he gave a speech at the (some university which I can't remember the name now) and the university is founded by a racist person (according to her).

Does anyone know the university's name? George Bush also gave a speech there.

It might have John in its name...

how do I respond to comments like that??

nevermind found the name, (Bob Jones univ.)

Banana
03-02-2008, 07:20 PM
It'd be more salient to know whether the university has racist policy right now. If not, then the argument is a slam dunk- I'm pretty sure there are lot more universities that were found by racists, slave-owners, and besides, it used to be predominantly Christian.

Really, the notion that he gave speech at a university founded by a racist is a bit silly.

TRosen75
03-02-2008, 10:28 PM
About half of the signs I have put out have been taken here in Houston. They have even been taken off of private property. Sad day for our country indeed...

DFF
03-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Where did you put yours up? I've seen quite a few in the River Oaks/Spring area.

JeffersonAndLiberty
03-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Someone told me she does not like Ron Paul because he gave a speech at the (some university which I can't remember the name now) and the university is founded by a racist person (according to her).

Does anyone know the university's name? George Bush also gave a speech there.

It might have John in its name...

how do I respond to comments like that??

nevermind found the name, (Bob Jones univ.)

of Ron Paul's long-stated position that his message is not exclusive and that he will speak just about anywhere he is asked to in order to bring his message to anyone who cares to listen or debate. His positions are clear as he's been stating them publicly for over 30 years. He doesn't go speak to groups because he necessarily shares their ideas/beliefs, he goes to share HIS.

And if they can't grasp that then, imo, just change the subject because that person is beyond enlightenment.

Lord Xar
03-02-2008, 11:20 PM

Ron Paul kills cops?

That is odd, as Ron Paul is endorsed by many policemen -

http://www.postchronicle.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=47&num=122439

? very curious.

Steve_New_Jersey
03-02-2008, 11:32 PM
I found a kid painting "Black is back" on one of my RP signes accross the street. He is to young to vote(14) but supports Obama(aparently because he is black). I told him I worked for the FBI(total BS) and scared the SHIT out of him. I told him to write down his phone number because I was going to call his parents. This kid was shaking in his boots so horribly bad. I sent him home to tell his mother what he did and tell her to expect a call from me soon. I think he learned his lesson. He probably sat there sweating bullets for hours. I had him believing his vandalism could land him in jail for 3 years hhehehe!

steph3n
03-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Where in RI?

I don't have signs or anything, and I am only a teenager...

border border border border, a skate/surf board is not the border it is a board!

kigol
03-02-2008, 11:48 PM
:cool:

Joseph Hart
03-02-2008, 11:52 PM
I found a kid painting "Black is back" on one of my RP signes accross the street. He is to young to vote(14) but supports Obama(aparently because he is black). I told him I worked for the FBI(total BS) and scared the SHIT out of him. I told him to write down his phone number because I was going to call his parents. This kid was shaking in his boots so horribly bad. I sent him home to tell his mother what he did and tell her to expect a call from me soon. I think he learned his lesson. He probably sat there sweating bullets for hours. I had him believing his vandalism could land him in jail for 3 years hhehehe!

OWND! Next time if he does that tell him he wont get a pention or SSI :P

TRosen75
03-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Where did you put yours up? I've seen quite a few in the River Oaks/Spring area.

Most of mine have been up on the NW side of town.