PDA

View Full Version : Why Do American People Never Protest?

New Governor Of Alaska
03-02-2008, 01:23 PM
US economy is going South, american media is nothing but propaganda, prize of a gallon of gas is getting close to $4.00, Bush and his oil friends are making Billions of dollars, war in Iraq and Afghanistan cost hundreds of billions, government is spying on its citizens and nobody's protesting.

Are Americans on some kind of tranquilizer drugs or what?

What's going on? It is just not normal for the whole nation to be so apathetic and spiritless.....

Does anyone know the answer?

Flash
03-02-2008, 01:27 PM
We're going to have the Ron Paul march soon in the summer time. Hopefully a lot of people will show up.

Truth Warrior
03-02-2008, 01:28 PM
The shepherds wouldn't like it. :)

PatriotOne
03-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Are Americans on some kind of tranquilizer drugs or what?

Well actually yes. It's called fluoridation of our water. Whatever excess energy most of us have to protest is done behind the computor. How convenient for the Government eh?

amy31416
03-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Well actually yes. It's called fluoridation of our water. Whatever excess energy most of us have to protest is done behind the computor. How convenient for the Government eh?

So why don't we have more energy now that most people drink bottled or filtered water?

New Governor Of Alaska
03-02-2008, 01:50 PM
We're going to have the Ron Paul march soon in the summer time. Hopefully a lot of people will show up.

Oh come on! Give me a break..... This is not a protest but organised event of friends.....
The Ron Paul supporters are just that - the Ron Paul supporters. I am not talking about them but about ALL American people.

Just take a look at other countries. When people don't like something, they go out and protest.
Are Americans afraid? What's wrong with you?

DAFTEK
03-02-2008, 01:58 PM
We dont protest because we are afraid to get tazed....

DON'T TAZE ME BRO! :D

I think it has to do with the fact that we are still a rich nation and don't have any suffering here "yet" so my personal opinion is that why protest and risk being tazed, arrested and having your clean record ruined when jobs these days are hard to come by people wont rise to anything in massive large groups.

Also the Media is very powerful still, if they loose the media then people might protest...

PatriotOne
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM
So why don't we have more energy now that most people drink bottled or filtered water?

I think your statement that "most" people drink bottled water is inaccurate. And most commercial filters are made to NOT take out fluoride from the water. Once Fluoride has been added, it take a reverse osmosis filter to take it out....and those aren't the common filters people use.

Truth Warrior
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Question: Would you say that ignorance and apathy are two of the greatest problems facing us today?

Most common answer: I don't know and I don't care.

:)

NoxTwilight
03-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I've wondered the same thing many times.

I was a little girl in the 60's in SF and my parents and all their friends participated in marches for variety of reasons and what I remember is not a great deal of anger or passion but joy and camaraderie. I also remember that enjoyment of things was much more relaxed, as we all know the pace of life now is too fast and many of us suffer for it. I don't know if these recollections are true but I think they may be at least in the small amount I was exposed to.

I do believe that there has always been only a small portion of the population that involves itself in protest regardless of the reasons. Most humans are not this way and self-preservation in a selfish narrow way is the reason for that result. It's unfortunate but people will generally wait until it is too late before trying to act, when they realize they won't escape whatever the threat is. In history we have amble examples of this. I am not sure the human race will ever overcome this.

New Governor Of Alaska
03-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I think Americans are becoming a Homer Simpson nation, American people don't even know how to protest.....

Budapest, Hungary

Anti-government protestors fight with riot police in front of the state television building in Budapest September 19, 2006. Hungary's opposition parties called on Tuesday on Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany to quit after thousands of people took to the streets in a night of anti-government riots in which 150 people were injured.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200609/20/images/hungary2.jpg

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200609/20/images/hungary3.jpg

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200609/20/eng20060920_304527.html

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/10/24/world/24hungary.xlarge1.jpg

Violence broke out in Budapest when the police tried to contain protests calling for the resignation of Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany. On a tape recording leaked a month ago, he told fellow party members that he had lied about the economy to win national elections in April.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/24/world/europe/24hungary.html

ThePieSwindler
03-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Most Americans see prices going up, their budget getting a little more constrained, etc... but theya re still doing well otherwise. They have their family, their property, their job, and their life generally intact. When any one of these things gets fundamentally disturbed on a massive scale, people will protest, but otherwise, Americans will remain fat and happy. This is simply how it is - the grid of control functons in such a way that people remain placated, and generally happy with the condition of their life. People aren't going to go out of their way to protest unless they feel like there is a real injustice that directly effects them. I'm not even criticizing "them" too harshly, because relatively speaking, America is very prosperous and productive in spite of many of the problems the country faces.

Also, regarding your pictures of violence, I don't think that should be something we strive for as a societal value... peaceful protesting, i understand, but violence is too much and will not happen on a large scale in America. Finally, i think there is alot more general protest relative to the whole population than one would think; simply put, the news media in other nations is freer than it is in the United States, where any sort of protest would not get reported unless it was violent and could be used as a point of scorn and criticism by the news station.

Working Poor
03-02-2008, 02:16 PM
God knows i wish someone did know the answer

PatriotOne
03-02-2008, 02:34 PM
And there you have it folks. That's what pissed off people look like when their Government doesn't fluoridate :D Hungary discontinued medicating and poisoning their people with fluoride decades ago.

I think Americans are becoming a Homer Simpson nation, American people don't even know how to protest.....

Budapest, Hungary

Anti-government protestors fight with riot police in front of the state television building in Budapest September 19, 2006. Hungary's opposition parties called on Tuesday on Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany to quit after thousands of people took to the streets in a night of anti-government riots in which 150 people were injured.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200609/20/images/hungary2.jpg

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200609/20/images/hungary3.jpg

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200609/20/eng20060920_304527.html

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/10/24/world/24hungary.xlarge1.jpg

Violence broke out in Budapest when the police tried to contain protests calling for the resignation of Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany. On a tape recording leaked a month ago, he told fellow party members that he had lied about the economy to win national elections in April.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/24/world/europe/24hungary.html

Truth Warrior
03-02-2008, 02:35 PM
"Men and nations act wisely, only AFTER they have exhausted all of the other alternatives."

Meatwasp
03-02-2008, 02:38 PM
I think we had a huge protest when we were donating money for Ron to change the system

Mr. Coolidge
03-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Because most Americans are stupid or lazy or both. Governor, why are you asking a question to which you already know the answer?

kushaze
03-02-2008, 02:52 PM
sorry.

PatriotOne
03-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Because most Americans are stupid or lazy or both. Governor, why are you asking a question to which you already know the answer?

This kind of answer irritates me because it lacks the understanding of why we have become lazy and ignorant. Until everyone understands why, we will continually blame ourselves.

There has been a concerted effort by the NWO to dumb us down using the education system, control our minds through the use of propaganda and TV shows, distract us from serious issues by making us a society who values material possesions above everything else, and they have MEDICATED us using flourides and anti-depressants, etc. Those are just a sample of ways they (NWO) have manipulated Americans. We are not a stupid and lazy people by nature. We have intentionally been made that way.

Until people research and understand the New World Order, and the methods they have been using on us for the past centuries, you are all just pissing in the wind trying to figure out what the hell is going on and who to blame. But once you understand, you are set free from most of the chains they are binding you with.....they no longer own your mind and that is their greatest fear.

New Governor Of Alaska
03-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Most Americans see prices going up, their budget getting a little more constrained, etc... but theya re still doing well otherwise. They have their family, their property, their job, and their life generally intact.

Well, Hungary is not a poor country. They have their jobs and bills to pay. The difference is that they are not afraid. But Americans do afraid.

And there you have it folks. That's what pissed off people look like when their Government doesn't fluoridate :D Hungary discontinued medicating and poisoning their people with fluoride decades ago.

It's not just fluoridated water. American culture has changed. These days americans are trying so hard to be politically correct that they afraid to think for themselves.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44463000/jpg/_44463244_crowdafp203body.jpg

State of emergency
Armenia shaken by bloody crackdown on opposition

A state of emergency has been declared, mass gatherings have been banned and restrictions imposed on the media.

Ter-Petrosian supporters staged a big rally before the crackdown
A spokesman for Armenian opposition leader Levon Ter-Petrosian condemned the police operation.

"It's hard for me to find words to describe a government which uses force against its own people," he told the BBC.
That was before officials announced that eight people had died during the unrest on Saturday, and many more had been injured.
In an interview with the BBC just after the clashes broke out, the Armenian Foreign Minister, Vardan Oskanian, defended the decision to impose a state of emergency.

"The president did it with great regret, but I don't think he was left with any other option, because the crowd had become so aggressive and out of control, so it was necessary to ensure public safety," Mr Oskanian said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7273713.stm

Eight killed in Armenia protests over presidential vote results
15:24 | 02/ 03/ 2008

YEREVAN, March 2 (RIA Novosti) - Eight people were killed and over 130 wounded in Armenia's capital in overnight clashes between police and protesters unhappy with recent presidential election results, police said on Sunday.

"The Prosecutor General's Office is investigating the circumstances of those people's death," police said adding they were being identified.

Armenian riot police used tear gas and electric stun guns to disperse thousands of supporters of Levon Ter-Petrosyan, who was defeated by Prime Minister Serzh Sarkisyan in the February 19 vote. Sarkisyan gained 52.8% of the vote against the former's 21.5%. Protesters said the polls were rigged.

President Robert Kocharyan declared a state of emergency late on Saturday to be effective until March 20.
http://en.rian.ru/world/20080302/100422334.html

Army warns protesters after eight die in Armenia

YEREVAN (Reuters) - Armenia's military said on Sunday it would confront opposition protests with force, a day after riots killed eight people in the ex-Soviet state.

Outgoing President Robert Kocharyan imposed a 20-day emergency on the capital Yerevan on Saturday after protesters accusing him of rigging last month's presidential election battled police with petrol bombs and sticks.

"Any attempt to organise mass actions will immediately be confronted by very strong counteractions from Armenia's military forces," General Seyran Ohanyan, the chief of the Armenian military staff, said in a statement.
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSL0153930520080302

Mr. Coolidge
03-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Eight killed in Armenia protests over presidential vote results
15:24 | 02/ 03/ 2008

YEREVAN, March 2 (RIA Novosti) - Eight people were killed and over 130 wounded in Armenia's capital in overnight clashes between police and protesters unhappy with recent presidential election results, police said on Sunday.

Sarkisyan gained 52.8% of the vote against the former's 21.5%. Protesters said the polls were rigged.[/color]

I see you bolded these parts. These don't seem uncommon; they happen on a pretty regular basis in what seems like 3/4 of the world's nations. But, as you point out, not in the States (for better or for worse).

The reason is we don't like to shake up day-to-day traffic, business, and other tasks with violence, and we tell ourselves that at worst it will only last four years, until the next election comes around. This method was fine when our federal government didn't directly affect so many people and nations around the world, but now other people have to suffer when we are negligent or make a mistake, which is unfortunate.

Also, as someone else said, most Americans do not see the dangerous slope ahead because it is so slow and gradual. I don't think most will realize it until it hits them in the face.

And to Patriot, I agree with what you said about education, and that's why I think this movement and getting people to keep an eye on their government is having such a hard time here in the States. What Governor said rings very true:
Americans are trying so hard to be politically correct that they are afraid to think for themselves.

CurtisLow
03-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Why Do American People Never Protest?
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4751/sheepwatchinggeorgewbussm2.jpg

RSLudlum
03-02-2008, 06:14 PM
We don't protest bc. we fear the government and the majority of the population is in debt and fear missing work to pay for the debt!!!

Cinderella
03-02-2008, 09:00 PM
we dont protest because standing up to big brother would mean we are terrorists.........

Mesogen
03-02-2008, 09:48 PM

What were the results of the protest/riot?

As in what changed afterward?

What did it accomplish?

Protesting is a joke to our government.

That's right. It changes nothing.

I think most Americans realize this.