PDA

View Full Version : Ny Times says that

Give me liberty
03-02-2008, 11:00 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/01/opinion/01rosen.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

IF Barack Obama wins in November, we could have not only our first president who is an African-American, but also our first president who is a civil libertarian.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

its an interesting fact i should probably tell u that doesnt Obama support the homegrown Terrorism Bill? or otherwise known as
H.R 1959? And now the S1959?

So if Obama supports that bill how can they call him a civil libertarian?

TastyWheat
03-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Does someone have Obama's version of the Patiot Act? I think the entire bill is pointless without violating our liberties.

Agent CSL
03-02-2008, 12:40 PM
*cringes*

Wow.

LEK
03-02-2008, 04:58 PM
And since the media says it, it must be so...right? No-one will bother to check his record against what a civil libertarian stands for - that takes too much effort. And it's ok to call Obama that but when it is tagged on someone like, oh, say, Ron Paul, then he's a kook.

Wow...the media really thinks we're all a bunch of dunder heads.

amy31416
03-02-2008, 05:07 PM
They have completely lost their minds.

Gadsden Flag
03-02-2008, 08:07 PM
It is very rarely recognized that economic liberty is no less important an aspect of our freedom than civil liberty. This is why I oppose welfare and universal healthcare.

I have met people who claim they are libertarians who support universal healthcare and say they will vote for Obama. Hmm.

Anti Federalist
03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Pfft, heard and ad today, said BHO was the only candidate in either party that was opposed to the Iraq War.

IcyPeaceMaker
03-02-2008, 11:40 PM
The MSM believes that we, RP supporters are sheep to be lead to the slaughter by calling a communist a libertarian, thinking we'll vote for him because we hate Mccain.

I HAVE NEWS FOR THE MSM: I will only vote for someone whose integrity to the constitution has been proven by their record!