PDA

View Full Version : Grow Some Balls.

isufferfromronpaulfever
08-16-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm starting to second guess my original feelings on what this campaign is about.

This forum presents way too many know-it-alls with strong opinions.

It's causing me to lose interest.

Grow a pair of balls and act out what you plan on doing. I'm tired of seeing ideas getting shot down by other people... ITS A TURNOFF.

This campaign is about freedom. Do what YOU feel you need to do to make SOMETHING, ANYTHING happen.

Kooks, freaks, white collars, leaders, young, old, Christian, Muslim, 9/11 conspiracy theorists, whoever the heck you are. Do what you do to contribute to the campaign.

MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN

BLS
08-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the land of frustration. I believe I covered this exact topic 2 nights ago after having apparently 1 too many drinks at the local watering hole.

I may have lost my cool.

Just let it slide brother. Let it slide.

DjLoTi
08-16-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm using this useless thread to announce that the Rick Willams show is on RonPaulradio... the first scheduled show ever, now!

AMack
08-16-2007, 09:04 AM
"Kooks, freaks, white collars, leaders, young, old, Christian, Muslim, 9/11 conspiracy theorists, whoever the heck you are. Do what you do to contribute to the campaign."

Please understand. We attract know-it-alls as well. Please don't be discouraged by this forum. Also, if you come here seeking advice on an idea, please be willing to accept criticism from others. Some ideas are better than others.

I generally just stick to sign-making, but others have bigger aspirations than me, which is great!

isufferfromronpaulfever
08-16-2007, 09:07 AM
"Kooks, freaks, white collars, leaders, young, old, Christian, Muslim, 9/11 conspiracy theorists, whoever the heck you are. Do what you do to contribute to the campaign."

Please understand. We attract know-it-alls as well. Please don't be discouraged by this forum. Also, if you come here seeking advice on an idea, please be willing to accept criticism from others. Some ideas are better than others.

I generally just stick to sign-making, but others have bigger aspirations than me, which is great!

The signs are nice. They aren't getting us media coverage. It's obvious what the issue is. Something BIG needs to happen. These little shindigs are only taking the campaign so far.

Where's the progress?

BLS
08-16-2007, 09:13 AM
The signs are nice. They aren't getting us media coverage. It's obvious what the issue is. Something BIG needs to happen. These little shindigs are only taking the campaign so far.

Where's the progress?

so...you're complaining about nothing getting done by those who talk the talk, but don't walk the walk?

And why are you wasting your time with this again?

BLS
08-16-2007, 09:15 AM
The signs are nice. They aren't getting us media coverage.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12025&highlight=Jacksonville

Really??? I beg to differ.

ZandarKoad
08-16-2007, 09:15 AM

Where's the progress?

Progress happens one door at a time (http://http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=11232).

isufferfromronpaulfever
08-16-2007, 09:23 AM
so...you're complaining about nothing getting done by those who talk the talk, but don't walk the walk?

And why are you wasting your time with this again?

Just losing a lot of interest seeing the same ol' same ol'. It is what it is I guess.

ChairmanMao
08-16-2007, 09:25 AM
If it makes you feel any better because of this forum Im currently working on becoming a delegate and subverting the entire county in my college town.

Kregener
08-16-2007, 09:35 AM
And if YOU lose interest so easily, just how does that effect Ron Paul's campaign?

Never mind...

mdh
08-16-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm starting to second guess my original feelings on what this campaign is about.

Grow a pair of balls and act out what you plan on doing. I'm tired of seeing ideas getting shot down by other people... ITS A TURNOFF.

This campaign is about freedom. Do what YOU feel you need to do to make SOMETHING, ANYTHING happen.

Kooks, freaks, white collars, leaders, young, old, Christian, Muslim, 9/11 conspiracy theorists, whoever the heck you are. Do what you do to contribute to the campaign.

MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN

Well, I can say that we are doing a lot here in WV. Heck, I just got off the phone with a gentleman who found our website here and gave me a call looking to find out more about things here - I hooked him up with another gentleman from his region, and now it looks like we can start organizing activities over that way.

On the other topic, you've gotta remember that a lot of the folks here are libertarians, and that coordinating libertarians is like herding angry cats. Opinionated isn't always bad, and some things are shot down with very good reason. Reinventing wheels, or taking part in efforts that have been tried and failed numerous times in the past with no new strategy is just wasting time which we could be using to do much more fruitful labors.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 09:40 AM

Where's the progress?

That's why I'm trying to get this huge Rally in Philadelphia organized.

glts
08-16-2007, 10:06 AM
If you are loosing interest then you are not busy doing something. As my mother always said "if you're bored I'll give you something to do." Needless to say we never said we were bored. My suggestion to all of us is get busy doing something on your own and don't wait for someone to point out what you can do.

AMack
08-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Sematary when are you trying to get the rally going? I go to Villanova University and I move back in roughly one week from now. I'd be glad to join the rally.

themanhere
08-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Keep positive! Don't let people get you down man! Just do your thing! organize us, drop us some lines on your ideas! But remember you put an idea out there people might want to add some input. Some probably didn't agree with the whole revolution slogan/concept but it sure took off.

Its all about being open minded and optimistic.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Vote Ron Paul in '08 even if you have to write him in!

Ephesians 6:12

Really! I should read the Bible more often.

synapz
08-16-2007, 10:23 AM

MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN

QFT

BLS
08-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Really! I should read the Bible more often.

Scribbler, are you going to the meetup tonight?

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Scribbler, are you going to the meetup tonight?

Why, were you going to bring a Bible? :)

I should, but I am so behind after neglecting everything in the couple weeks before the straw poll. I only get one night/week free from the kids and really need to use it here at home. If we had something big coming up, I'd go, but I'm not much for attending meetings without a good reason.

I saw you RSVPed. Maybe you can just talk twice as much -- four times as much -- to make up for me.

hard@work
08-16-2007, 10:54 AM
OP suffers from the inability to practice what is preached it seems.

BLS
08-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Why, were you going to bring a Bible? :)

I should, but I am so behind after neglecting everything in the couple weeks before the straw poll. I only get one night/week free from the kids and really need to use it here at home. If we had something big coming up, I'd go, but I'm not much for attending meetings without a good reason.

I saw you RSVPed. Maybe you can just talk twice as much -- four times as much -- to make up for me.

I'll do my best to keep my mouth closed. :D

In case you haven't noticed,...I'm a bit opinionated. :D

I'm going to suggest a sign making 'party' and blanket MNPLS/STP

Roxi
08-16-2007, 11:09 AM

Where's the progress?

there are reports all over the country of local news media featuring stories about the signs. heres ours from tulsa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFs1lzKdOh8

not only that but imagine 10 times as many signs what would happen, not only that but going door to door and having sign holdings has been extremely effective here in tulsa, more and more people every day are driving by with RP bumper stickers honking like crazy to say "hey were here too, don't give up!"

I agree something big needs to happen, the straw poll is over and we need something to draw national attention.. some things are already in the works that might prove to be very positive for this campaign.

we have gone from 4 members to 94 members since MAY.... 3 months has brought us a long way, more and more media stories about ron paul are grazing our TV's and if we continue a similar growth pattern we will be unstoppable by november.

relax, breath, find humor in everything and don't sweat the small stuff. campaigning on top of trying to run your own life is hard work. It requires sweat and tears... Imagine if thomas jefferson would have given up because his peers were bickering or whining.... Hell William Penn was tortured and still never gave up.

There will be more and more attacks on our efforts, there will be more infiltrators causing trouble. Prepare yourself now for a long hard fight because its coming. Never give up

Bob Cochran
08-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Best chance of Ron Paul being President?

Being picked as Mitt Romney's VP running mate. It would be a brilliant move on the part of Romney. I already know I would vote for a Romney-Paul ticket, though I don't care much for Romney. I just know that someone with pockets as deep as his is going to be covered by the MSM and can afford to do the advertising he needs to do to get elected.

Once some becomes the Vice President, their chances of being President one day go way way up.

Call me whatever you want for thinking Mitt will be our next President. I'm a realist.

I've given money to Ron Paul's campaign, but I'm done actively supporting him. Sorry.

Kregener
08-16-2007, 11:19 AM
As I see it, unless you have WAY more time and WAY more financial resources than I do, the best thing you can do is tell other people about Ron Paul.

Look, you can initiate an e-mail joke that can end up making the rounds until it has reached the inbox of literally thousands of people.

Why not Ron Paul?

If I send such a message to 10 people in my address book, and they "get it" and send it to 10 each...so on and so forth. A message as pure as freedom, liberty and prosperity is not beyond the comprehension skills of most people.

If you DO have the time and finances to do more, then God bless you in your efforts!

Kregener
08-16-2007, 11:20 AM
You are being tremendously defeatist VERY early on Bob.

You are not so much a "realist", as you think you are.

Sorry.

fj45lvr
08-16-2007, 11:20 AM
I am so surprised that folks here especially would "LOSE INTEREST"... what does that really mean???

The general populous of the country has lost interest in Liberty, in the Constitution and the limited federal government it was meant to keep in check.

Now supporters get frustrated with the "devil in the details"....just don't stop looking to the FACT that "liberty" draws all people together under "individual freedoms" which are EQUAL instead of folks selectively trying to withhold liberty at their whim and falling into the quagmire (either by choice or deception).

DjLoTi
08-16-2007, 11:22 AM
"grow some balls"? Hey, fuck you! 1 - You're spamming, 2 - what the fuck have YOU done, and 3 - I work my ass off, so fuck off!!!

I'm getting annoying with this stupid bullshit that is totally worthless!!!!