PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Ventura should run Independent?

kipload
03-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Jesse Ventura should run Independent? I think so. He's a true straight talker. He can win elections. He an ex-Navy Seal. Yeah, I'd vote for him, and I think a lot of others would to.

I also wonder if it is at all a possibility to get the (L) and (C) to throw their support behind it. It could translate into cabinet positions, running mates, and other high level influence for both parties.

How many of you think what parts of this is workable, and would you support it?

Check out Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm2weLS5gJ4

mountaineer
03-02-2008, 09:30 AM
http://pinkdome.com/archives/venturakinky.jpg

I dont think it would go well...

MRoCkEd
03-02-2008, 09:31 AM
i'd support him

cpaulwin
03-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Last I heard he was down in Mexico surfing with no intention of coming back.

Rhys
03-02-2008, 12:41 PM
he got laughed out of the governors mansion in Minnesota.

JimInNY
03-02-2008, 12:44 PM
This is RON PAUL Forums, not Jesse Ventura forums. Just in case you hadn't noticed.

Richie
03-02-2008, 12:57 PM
No no no. That would not go well.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-02-2008, 02:10 PM
he got laughed out of the governors mansion in Minnesota.

Mostly by the media "jackals" (as he called them) and the party hacks from both sides. He certainly wasn't perfect, but he was a million times better than that spineless neo-con joke occupying the Gov's mansion for the last six years and counting.

Ventura actually left office with fairly good public approval polls. He probably would've won re-election had he decided to run again in 2002, especially against idiot Pawlenty and old guard Democrat Moe. Even Ventura's Independence Party successor was tied for first place at one point in the race, and still managed to get around 20% against the two major parties.

Flirple
03-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Unfortunately Ventura has lost his mind. He is now a paranoid 911 conspiracy theorist. It's a real shame. I always appreciated his unorthodox approach but judging from his recent appearances he is too far gone and any such candidacy would do more harm than good. If you are looking to draft someone this cycle stick with someone like Bob Barr.

TN_VOL
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I remember he said once that Christians were stupid or something like that, so I definetly couldn't support him. It's ok if you are not a christian but don't call me stupid.

nate895
03-06-2008, 06:59 PM
He is pro-abortion, therefore I can never vote for him.