PDA

View Full Version : Attention!!! Deadline for NH/IA Ron Paul TV Ad Script is MONDAY (Aug 20) Morning!!!

skiingff
08-16-2007, 07:37 AM
We need the script for the TV commercial to be complete and voted on by Monday. I mean, c'mon, how long does it take to come up with a 30-second script? Yes, it takes time and effort, but we need to move on this. We need to start producing the TV ad early next week, because we need to have it READY before we finalize any ad purchases. Our fundraising is at 10% in only two days, so I'm NOT worried about that. I'm concerned because we need to start developing a product. No product = no ad, no matter how much money we can raise.

Therefore, Monday, August 20 will be the deadline to get a FINAL SCRIPT to the producer because it may take him up to a few weeks to produce the ad. Time is of the essence - no procrastinating.

Submit your 28/29/30 second scripts here for a Ron Paul TV Ad to be aired in NH and IA. Be creative, target your audience, and make sure the right, positive message gets out about Dr. Paul. Make sure it sticks with people. And make sure we use issues that have universal appeal to Republicans and Independents alike. Please do not discuss other issues in this thread or go off on tandems. We're not discussing 9/11 conspiracies, Ames, or whatever. Please only post Submissions for a script or legitimate ideas/feedback on other Submissions.

Remember, a script includes both the audio and visual parts outlined in it. Meaning, props, pictures to be shown, voices to be heard, scenes to be acted out, text to flow across the screen, colors, tone of voice, setting, time, place, message, etc. Be sure a producer would be realistically able to fit this into a MAXIMUM of 30 seconds and please don't submit something that would take us 2 years to make, cost too much, or have unrealistic expectations (eg, interviewing people from across the country about Ron Paul). The producer will need to fit in a disclaimer at the bottom of the ad saying this awesome grassroots group made it. The author of the best script will also be recognized on the website listed in that disclaimer.

I need people to get out the script-writing effort by contacting every RP supporter you know on YouTube, MySpace, Meetup, etc. Tell them to start working on it NOW and have it submitted either in this thread or to info@operationnh.com by Monday. It should only take a couple hours time and research to produce a script. That's why spreading this out over weeks is unacceptable. This is 30secs not a 3 hr movie.

So, please post your submissions -- I am looking forward to them, and we will vote on the best one, which will air on TV stations throughout New Hampshire and in select parts of Iowa in the coming month or two. Thanks!

dspectre
08-16-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't know if this would work in Iowa, but New Hampshire might take it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-QR88yfOE

Maybe I like this person's movie too much, but I had to throw it out there....

skiingff
08-16-2007, 08:37 AM

We're making a professional Ron Paul TV ad in a studio in Los Angeles. YouTube clips will not work for TV ads unless they are extremely, extremely high resolution, and we have people that have the ability to covert them into the format needed for a TV ad, which would require a lot of editing etc. We'll have a vote on the best YouTube ad and see if we can really go "grassroots" with this, however this thread is for scripts for the professional ad.

It *would* be nice to get 2-3 different ads for rotations, including one YouTube ad from a RP fan, but that's not the focus here - although I will add that ad to the YouTube voting site.

maxmerkel
08-16-2007, 09:03 AM

WOW! never seen something so funny ! this should go on nationwide television, certainly would get a lot of attention...

i like the idea, especially for LA (!!), this would be a homerun ;)

themanhere
08-16-2007, 09:09 AM
A lot people already said they like avaroth's videos and the Mosaic one by fairtaxPresident2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9lWyp-RQCc
I'm sure they have high res ones, when you upload to youtube it kills the quality.

The dont vote for Ron one will probably confuse more people than you think. The younger generation gets it but what about the older generation? They might take it literally or see it as kooky? He's already being pigeonholed. I get it but man thats taking a huge risk.

You want to reach out to every class of people.

Just keep it simple "Ron Pauls Message" on the issues most Americans agree and relate with.

DjLoTi
08-16-2007, 09:17 AM

I think it'd be perfect for Adult swim, but that's it.

happyphilter
08-16-2007, 10:21 AM
GUYS, I think the point is just having a script, not using one of those thrown together novice youtube vids. Think of something and it will be done, try looking at other guys's ads and see what you like about thiers. I gotta go but ill try thinkin something up.

UtahApocalypse
08-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I still think just having a dozen supporters tell why they like Ron Paul.

Slugg
08-16-2007, 10:58 AM
These are simple. I have not timed them...I tried to error on the side of less time than more. So more script can be added if you feel. I hope these help.

My 1st script:
Fade in to 'average' American sitting against a blank white Backdrop:
"Hello, my name is /whatever/ and I'm here to give a voice to millions of concerned Americans. If you are middle class, or hard working poor, or one of the other under represented portions of America; you probably feel like us. In the upcomming presidential election we need to vote against the grain. Mainstream politicians, Republican AND Democrat alike, have gotten us into the different messes we're in. It's time we ignore the media 'darlings' and look to our constitution for guidance. Please, support Congressman Ron Paul."
Fade to Ron Paul for President.

My 2nd script:
Montage of founding fathers and Ron Paul supporter pictures
Voice over: "American was founded on the idea of the people's voice. And American's have found the statesmen that speaks for average Americans. Accross America hard working Americans are donating their time, money and energy to the only presidential candidate who understands American traditions. Young, Old, rich or poor, freedom unites. It doesn't divide. Please support Congressman Ron Paul for president"

My 3rd script:
Montage of Ron Paul clips with out audio.
Voice over: "While our media may overlook the real maverick in the presidential race. American's have not. Congressman Ron Paul stands on principals regardless of the political rhetoric roaming through Washington. He has never voted for a tax increase, never voted for an unbalanced budget and understands the dangers facing our country today. Congressman Ron Paul has the support of Hard working Americans like you. Please support congressman Ron Paul for President."

skiingff
08-16-2007, 12:04 PM

If we have enough interest in this, we can move forward with it. It would be a small, cheaper campaign, targeted at a specific audience (eg Adult Swim on Cartoon Network). I am not willing to advocate a broad campaign for this ad. Only a specific demographic would find it amusing/intriguing.

I called up the ad agency about this, and if we can contact the maker of that video, he must put the ad in the format described below and meet the requirements described as well:

To submit your ad:

* Make sure your ad meets all the requirements below.
* Pay the $249 handling fee to reserve your ad slot
* Create a Spot Runner airtime schedule for your ad.
* Link your purchased ad slot to the airtime schedule you've created on your My Campaigns page.
* Mail your ad for review.

Ad requirements:

All ads must be submitted at least ten (10) days prior to your airtime schedule start date. We require a 10-bit, uncompressed QuickTime .MOV format (720 x 486) that includes all of the following information and sequencing. Spot Runner will rename the file of your ad prior to trafficking. We will not alter the content of your ad.
Acceptable video and audio quality:

* Average digital audio levels must range between -17dBfs and -20dBfs (Analog: 0dB @ +4 dBm ref).
* Digital audio levels should peak between -10dBfs and -12dBfs (Analog: no higher than +3), with a maximum of three peaks per second.
* Setup level should equal 7.5 IRE.
* Luminance levels should not exceed 100 IRE.
* Chroma levels should not exceed 120 IRE.

Note: Your file will be very large, around 800 megabytes. This is normal, as the quality needed for your spot to run on television is very high, much higher than what looks good on your computer screen. Please be sure to meet all the requirements or your ad may be rejected by the media outlets.

Be sure to name your file with this ID: NU0L and write this ID along with your first name, last name, email address, and company name on the data DVD so we can properly associate your ad with your Spot Runner account.

The content of your ad must meet all current FCC requirements for Broadcast Quality. We will decline ads that do not meet the appropriate guidelines for nudity, profanity, proprietary material, etc. In the event that we have any concerns with regard to content or technical requirements, we will contact you by email. There is a $249 fee associated with submitting your ad.

If the ad maker can re-do the ad to meet those specifications, and we raise money, we'd be good to go.

THE COST per ad we air 12am-6am on Cartoon Network would be approximately $12, IF we could secure spots. If you guys are willing to move on this, I can try to secure us spots in that timeframe on that network.

The first step, however, would be getting the ad in the right format.

ckelly
08-16-2007, 12:14 PM
My humble submission of a script.

Video ad for Ron Paul

[Damning images of prominent democrats from the 70s and 90s.]
ANNOUNCER: Our nation was not founded on the agenda of the Democrats...

[Similar images of prominent republicans from the 60s and today]
ANNOUNCER: Our nation was not founded on the agenda of the Republicans...

[Images of the founding fathers, esp. signers of the Constitution]
ANNOUNCER: Our nation was founded on the Constitution...

[Images from the Revolutionary and Civil wars]
ANNOUNCER: ...and the blood of those who pledged to uphold the Constitution with their lives...

[Images from 9/11]
ANNOUNCER: America has serious enemies, who might have been stopped had several airline pilots been armed with pistols. But our Government took away that right.

[Images of ballot counting squabbles from 2000 and 2004]
ANNOUNCER: Every 4 years, you, the American PEOPLE, elect a leader to protect America and to uphold the Constitution, not to serve the agenda of one party...

[Images of angry activists]
ANNOUNCER: ... nor the agenda of special interest groups ...

[Images of big corporations, lifestyles of the rich and famous, luxurious home of John Edwards]
ANNOUNCER: ... or the powerful and wealthy ...

[Images of the United Nations, European government buildings, illegal immigrants crossing the border]
ANNOUNCER: ... and espcecially not foreign governments and people ...

[Images of Iraq and the Middle East]
ANNOUNCER: We don't elect a President to meddle in other nations.

[Images of Ron Paul, the Declaration and Constitution]
ANNOUNCER: We elect a president to protect AMERICA and uphold OUR law ...

[Images of doctors and hospitals]
ANNOUNCER: ... not to provide us with healthcare ...

[Images of day-cares or a babysitter]
ANNOUNCER: ... not to raise our children ...

[Images of a farmer and a grocer]
ANNOUNCER: ... not to feed us.

[Images of Ron Paul dressed NOT in navy or red (symbolizing the Dems and GOP), but in white]
ANNOUNCER: Don't you think it's time America had a president who is committed to the Constitution, instead of special interest groups, big business or the United Nations? Congressman Ron Paul has never voted for tax increases. Congressman Ron Paul has never voted to send our troops to war. Congressman Ron Paul has never voted for increased government. Congressman Ron Paul has never voted ... etc., etc.

[Images of ordinary Americans in iconic places, such as Des Moines, Ames, New Hampshire]
ANNOUNCER: You have the power to elect a great president. Now you have the opportunity: Support Congressman Ron Paul for president in 2008. Vote for Congressman Ron Paul.

EvoPro
08-16-2007, 12:32 PM
My Script:
Could just have pictures pertaining to what's being said change in the background.

"None of the media's 'anointed' presidential candidates will work to:

End the war in Iraq.
Restore our civil liberties.
End corruption in washington.
End inflation.
Seek government transparency.
or End Illegal Immigration.

Ron Paul will. Ask yourself, Why does the media continue to ignore Ron Paul while he remains the most popular candidate on the internet?

Go to ronpaul2008.com to find out more.
Paid for by Americans United for Liberty."

krott5333
08-16-2007, 01:45 PM
"Its not about Right or Left. Its about Right and Wrong."

you should throw that line somewhere in the commercial

torchbearer
08-16-2007, 02:11 PM
"Its not about Right or Left. Its about Right and Wrong."

you should throw that line somewhere in the commercial

The dichotomy of the right and wrong reminds me too much of Bush's "you are either with us or against us" kind of thing.... but i may be the only one who thinks Bush when he hears over simplified dichotomies when it comes to government policies.

rich34
08-16-2007, 02:42 PM

Video ad for Ron Paul

ANNOUNCER: ...and the blood of those who pledged to uphold the Constitution with their lives...

[Images from 9/11]
ANNOUNCER: America has serious enemies, who might have been stopped had several airline pilots been armed with pistols. But our Government took away that right.

ANNOUNCER: Every 4 years, you, the American PEOPLE, elect a leader to protect America and to uphold the Constitution, not to serve the agenda of one party...

[Images of big corporations, lifestyles of the rich and famous, luxurious home of John Edwards]

[Images of the United Nations, European government buildings, illegal immigrants crossing the border]

[Images of Ron Paul dressed NOT in navy or red (symbolizing the Dems and GOP), but in white]
ANNOUNCER: Don't you think it's time America had a president who is committed to the Constitution, instead of special interest groups, big business or the United Nations? Congressman Ron Paul has never voted for tax increases. Congressman Ron Paul has never voted to send our troops to war. Congressman Ron Paul has never voted for increased government. Congressman Ron Paul has never voted ... etc., etc.

[Images of ordinary Americans in iconic places, such as Des Moines, Ames, New Hampshire]
ANNOUNCER: You have the power to elect a great president. Now you have the opportunity: Support Congressman Ron Paul for president in 2008. Vote for Congressman Ron Paul.

I like this, but I'd leave out the healthcare part. Imo that would give people a bad impression. Everything else is great.

Well what about possibly changing this too.
"(over the course of his entire career)Congressman Ron Paul has never voted for tax increases. Congressman Ron Paul has never voted to send our troops to war."

Also that last part could be a bit cloudy. Ron did vote to authorize force against Bin Laden in Afganistan. We also don't want to sound as if Ron is some panzy when it comes to dealing with terrorists.

Johnnybags
08-16-2007, 02:57 PM
If any of you are familiar with the ad where the mother blocks cable channels so her kids do not have nightmares? There is a bleeding chainsaw guy she is speaking to telling him he is too scary for her children to watch so she has to block him, he basically groans disappointingly, and she tells him to tell the zombies, they are blocked too.

How about a lady going into her dining room to find Bill Oreilly(mask) and telling him she has to block his channel because her husbands blood pressures explodes when they exclude Ron Paul from coverage. She could go on about not understanding why ( explain Rons policies ) they will not cover him and how really upset her husband gets and at the end tells Bill "oh" and tell Wolf Blitzer we have to block him too. If anyone has seen the ad it is funny and effective, probably 30 seconds.

I'll add Bill Oreilly could be holding a few signs in his hand, Rudy, Mitt, and Fred T, maybe McCain.
She could quickly throw in :
He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year

10thAmendmentMan
08-16-2007, 03:05 PM
The standard ad with the candidate and the flag in the background waving will just be ignored by the majority of viewers. The "DON'T VOTE FOR RON PAUL" style ad would, at the very least, really catch people's attention. I'm not a marketing expert, so I wouldn't be willing to gamble on it alienating people (a la the Gravel "rock" ad)... but it would definite pique a lot of interest.

Maybe we can use some of that style with something more conventional?

skiingff
08-16-2007, 03:08 PM
The standard ad with the candidate and the flag in the background waving will just be ignored by the majority of viewers. The "DON'T VOTE FOR RON PAUL" style ad would, at the very least, really catch people's attention. I'm not a marketing expert, so I wouldn't be willing to gamble on it alienating people (a la the Gravel "rock" ad)... but it would definite pique a lot of interest.

Maybe we can use some of that style with something more conventional?

And the media would have a ball with that Don't vote for Paul ad.

"Don't vote for Ron Paul? Okay!" Then they would ignore us again. :p

10thAmendmentMan
08-16-2007, 03:30 PM
[Images from 9/11]

One critique of ckelly's script: this part is something of a non-sequitor. It goes from general, shortly to specific with this one point, and then back to general. I think we could omit this line and just include that Paul has never voted for additional gun restrictions.

BlCkDeAtH
08-16-2007, 03:44 PM
If we are planning to run a campaign of commercials, I think our first goal should be to introduce Ron Paul in a way that most, if not all, Americans will find him agreeable.

The War is a sensitive issue, ESPECIALLY for Republicans (our party).

Healthcare is completely partisan.

Big Government is partisan.

How about this:

Open with images of anti-US/Bush rallies in other countries. I'd leave out any flag burning.

Have about ten seconds of different demonstrations.

Then show a clip of Reagan when he said: "Gorbachev, tear down this Wall!" Show the crowd cheering.

Then have Ron Paul, when he was in the debates, saying; "We have a lot of goodness in this country. But we should never spread it through the barrel of a gun."

Narrator says; "Join the Revolution, bring back Hope for America," with corresponding text on the screen.

How about that for introducing Ron Paul to the American Public?

constituent
08-16-2007, 05:09 PM
alright... on screen:

a blue sky, wind, first autumn leaves...

close up shot of hippie mom's (R 3Vo_| ution shirt) face as she pulls away from setting her two kids in a little red wagon (wood slated sides), says "I love you guys."

panning out... she grabs her man's hand and they take off walking up the road as camera pulls further out and into a passing car.

Inside car man is listening to a Ron Paul song or something upbeat, you see his face smiling as camera spins around over his shoulder and back out the window...

camera behind car sees jesus fish and spins as car pulls into the driveway (left). man in car's wife is visible in left third of the shot running toward car in Ron Paul jesus fish shirt w/ her kids in tow (ron paul shirts). Husband pops out of the door and asks, "we're not late are we."

wife replies... "no no no... just hurry.. come on kids, let's go." Lady tosses shirt to husband who fumbles with it as he gets into the car and they back out of the driveway.

camera follows car momentarily and then zooms straight ahead, up the road into a town square situation. as the camera moves up the road, you see people exiting their homes, more families and young people all converging on some spot ahead... the crowd gets increasingly dense... some young person (Internet Rockstar shirt) turns around and waves to the camera.

it becomes increasingly clear that some sort of event is taking place... but when the camera gets to the middle of town, there is no event... just people talking and laughing and shaking hands... some people picking up trash ::you know some volunteer activity going on:: music has been building all along... crescendo as the camera moves overhead panning out up into space (you see a huge crowd below clogging all entrances to the town center).

then as the camera moves away and the lights fade... w/ text and perhaps a voice...

Something big is happening, but you won't see it watching t.v. The world is changing one person at a time. Guess what? You're Next.

Be Alive.

Be Free.

::Ron Paul Logo::

Hope for America

Be a Part of it.

That's one, if you like that at all, I'll give you some more w/ little different themes and twists... if you're looking for more like a script, let me know... i'll script it out.

would you prefer some dialogue? are there any issues most important to you? what target market do you have in mind? the more info you give me on what you want... the better i'll be able to tailor something for you.

ronpaulitician
08-16-2007, 06:08 PM
alright... on screen:

close up shot of hippie mom's (R 3Vo_| ution shirt) face as she pulls away from setting her two kids in a little red wagon (wood slated sides), says "I love you guys."

panning out... she grabs her man's hand and they take off walking up the road as camera pulls further out and into a passing car.

Inside car man is listening to a Ron Paul song or something upbeat, you see his face smiling as camera spins around over his shoulder and back out the window...

camera behind car sees jesus fish and spins as car pulls into the driveway (left). man in car's wife is visible in left third of the shot running toward car in Ron Paul jesus fish shirt w/ her kids in tow (ron paul shirts). Husband pops out of the door and asks, "we're not late are we."

wife replies... "no no no... just hurry.. come on kids, let's go." Lady tosses shirt to husband who fumbles with it as he gets into the car and they back out of the driveway.

camera follows car momentarily and then zooms straight ahead, up the road into a town square situation. as the camera moves up the road, you see people exiting their homes, more families and young people all converging on some spot ahead... the crowd gets increasingly dense... some young person (Internet Rockstar shirt) turns around and waves to the camera.

it becomes increasingly clear that some sort of event is taking place... but when the camera gets to the middle of town, there is no event... just people talking and laughing and shaking hands... some people picking up trash ::you know some volunteer activity going on:: music has been building all along... crescendo as the camera moves overhead panning out up into space (you see a huge crowd below clogging all entrances to the town center).

then as the camera moves away and the lights fade... w/ text and perhaps a voice...

Something big is happening, but you won't see it watching t.v. The world is changing one person at a time. Guess what? You're Next.

Be Alive.

Be Free.

Hope for America

Be a Part of it.

That's one, if you like that at all, I'll give you some more w/ little different themes and twists... if you're looking for more like a script, let me know... i'll script it out.

would you prefer some dialogue? are there any issues most important to you? what target market do you have in mind? the more info you give me on what you want... the better i'll be able to tailor something for you.
I like this concept.

It could easily be applied to the many different themes.

Iraq: instead of volunteer activity, have the people gather to welcome home soldiers from Iraq.

B964
08-16-2007, 07:32 PM
alright... on screen:

Be Alive.

Be Free.

Hope for America

Be a Part of it.

Gave me goose pimples, I like it. Who can do this and how much will it take?

BuddyRey
08-16-2007, 07:38 PM
alright... on screen:

Be Alive.

Be Free.

Hope for America

Be a Part of it.

BINGO!!!!!!! I love this idea!

SwooshOU
08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Good!

ronpaulhawaii
08-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I think it'd be perfect for Adult swim, but that's it.

Yes, it would be good on adult swim, perhaps we could add a disclaimer, "we are RP supporters and we approve of humour.

I still think just having a dozen supporters tell why they like Ron Paul.

yes, and we could do this one easily. Hi -res is not necessary in all cases. A good DV cam would be fine. I would try to find peope whose particular passion is each point we want to make. Each statement should be short and sweet...

These are simple. I have not timed them...I tried to error on the side of less time than more. So more script can be added if you feel. I hope these help.

My 1st script:
Fade in to 'average' American sitting against a blank white Backdrop:
"Hello, my name is /whatever/ and I'm here to give a voice to millions of concerned Americans. If you are middle class, or hard working poor, or one of the other under represented portions of America; you probably feel like us. In the upcomming presidential election we need to vote against the grain. Mainstream politicians, Republican AND Democrat alike, have gotten us into the different messes we're in. It's time we ignore the media 'darlings' and look to our constitution for guidance. Please, support Congressman Ron Paul."
Fade to Ron Paul for President.

My 2nd script:
Montage of founding fathers and Ron Paul supporter pictures
Voice over: "American was founded on the idea of the people's voice. And American's have found the statesmen that speaks for average Americans. Accross America hard working Americans are donating their time, money and energy to the only presidential candidate who understands American traditions. Young, Old, rich or poor, freedom unites. It doesn't divide. Please support Congressman Ron Paul for president"

My 3rd script:
Montage of Ron Paul clips with out audio.
Voice over: "While our media may overlook the real maverick in the presidential race. American's have not. Congressman Ron Paul stands on principals regardless of the political rhetoric roaming through Washington. He has never voted for a tax increase, never voted for an unbalanced budget and understands the dangers facing our country today. Congressman Ron Paul has the support of Hard working Americans like you. Please support congressman Ron Paul for President."

My 72 yr old Ma and I like #1 best. #3 is quite good also, #2 is alright but needs some tweaking (Americans repeated too often). Great job on throwing these out.

If we have enough interest in this, we can move forward with it. It would be a small, cheaper campaign, targeted at a specific audience (eg Adult Swim on Cartoon Network). I am not willing to advocate a broad campaign for this ad. Only a specific demographic would find it amusing/intriguing.

THE COST per ad we air 12am-6am on Cartoon Network would be approximately $12, IF we could secure spots. If you guys are willing to move on this, I can try to secure us spots in that timeframe on that network.

The first step, however, would be getting the ad in the right format.

What is the minimum? How many would we want to run @ $12 per shot? 3 a night for a month? Less? More? None?

My Script:
Could just have pictures pertaining to what's being said change in the background.

"None of the media's 'anointed' presidential candidates will work to:

End the war in Iraq.
Restore our civil liberties.
End corruption in washington.
End inflation.
Seek government transparency.
or End Illegal Immigration.

Ron Paul will. Ask yourself, Why does the media continue to ignore Ron Paul while he remains the most popular candidate on the internet?

Go to ronpaul2008.com to find out more.
Paid for by Americans United for Liberty."

Short and sweet...

The dichotomy of the right and wrong reminds me too much of Bush's "you are either with us or against us" kind of thing.... but i may be the only one who thinks Bush when he hears over simplified dichotomies when it comes to government policies.

LOL, you may have a point there, though...

If any of you are familiar with the ad where the mother blocks cable channels so her kids do not have nightmares? There is a bleeding chainsaw guy she is speaking to telling him he is too scary for her children to watch so she has to block him, he basically groans disappointingly, and she tells him to tell the zombies, they are blocked too.

How about a lady going into her dining room to find Bill Oreilly(mask) and telling him she has to block his channel because her husbands blood pressures explodes when they exclude Ron Paul from coverage. She could go on about not understanding why ( explain Rons policies ) they will not cover him and how really upset her husband gets and at the end tells Bill "oh" and tell Wolf Blitzer we have to block him too. If anyone has seen the ad it is funny and effective, probably 30 seconds.

I'll add Bill Oreilly could be holding a few signs in his hand, Rudy, Mitt, and Fred T, maybe McCain.
She could quickly throw in :

He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year

Are there any IP problems with copying an ad format? This is a decent idea

[Images from 9/11]

One critique of ckelly's script: this part is something of a non-sequitor. It goes from general, shortly to specific with this one point, and then back to general. I think we could omit this line and just include that Paul has never voted for additional gun restrictions.

ck's script is provocative and could be tweaked into a 1 min commercial...

If we are planning to run a campaign of commercials, I think our first goal should be to introduce Ron Paul in a way that most, if not all, Americans will find him agreeable.

The War is a sensitive issue, ESPECIALLY for Republicans (our party).

Healthcare is completely partisan.

Big Government is partisan.

How about this:

Open with images of anti-US/Bush rallies in other countries. I'd leave out any flag burning.

Have about ten seconds of different demonstrations.

Then show a clip of Reagan when he said: "Gorbachev, tear down this Wall!" Show the crowd cheering.

Then have Ron Paul, when he was in the debates, saying; "We have a lot of goodness in this country. But we should never spread it through the barrel of a gun."

Narrator says; "Join the Revolution, bring back Hope for America," with corresponding text on the screen.

How about that for introducing Ron Paul to the American Public?

This could go somewhere...

alright... on screen:

Be Alive.

Be Free.

Hope for America

Be a Part of it.

This is great, chicken skin kine, I would stay away from the fish shirts on the primary talent, perhaps have a church let out during the convergence and all the religious folk are wearing the shirts...

constituent
08-16-2007, 09:51 PM
i like the church idea much better!

Ridiculous
08-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Something along the line of this would be a good script:

How unrealistic is it to get rid of the income tax? Let’s take a look:

Income taxes account for ~35% of revenue collected by the IRS.

The federal government’s budget for 2007 is $2.8 trillion.

In order to get rid of the income tax altogether, we’d have to get that down to about $1.8 trillion.

The federal government’s budget in 2001 was $1.8 trillion. Ergo, we would only have to return to 2001 levels of spending to get rid of the income tax entirely. Do you really believe returning to the level of spending we had six years ago is “unrealistic”?

Take-home lesson is: if you give politicians X dollars, they will spend >X dollars, no matter how high X is. Getting rid of the income tax is just plain common sense

Vote for Ron Paul

Johnnybags
08-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Guy is watching Fox News(Iowa straw poll figure graphic excluding Paul) - He screams at his TV and mimics pulling his hair out.

Wife comes running into the living room, "whats wrong with you"

"they did it again" - husband
"what" -wife
"censoring the guy I wanna vote for"- husband(loudly)
"calm down"- wife "who is he"
"Ron Paul" - husband
"who is Ron Paul"- wife
Well, he(put in as many as will fit into time slot)-Husband

He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Thats fine honey, he sounds great but I do not want you watching Fox News anymore or that other one you scream at all the time,CNN,or your gonna end up with a stroke, I am gonna block them if you keep it up - wife

ronpaulhawaii
08-17-2007, 08:32 AM
Guy is watching Fox News(Iowa straw poll figure graphic excluding Paul) - He screams at his TV and mimics pulling his hair out.

Wife comes running into the living room, "whats wrong with you"

"they did it again" - husband
"what" -wife
"censoring the guy I wanna vote for"- husband(loudly)
"calm down"- wife "who is he"
"Ron Paul" - husband
"who is Ron Paul"- wife
Well, he(put in as many as will fit into time slot)-Husband

He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Thats fine honey, he sounds great but I do not want you watching Fox News anymore or that other one you scream at all the time,CNN,or your gonna end up with a stroke, I am gonna block them if you keep it up - wife

Better :)

We could do many of these good ideas over time...

expatriot
08-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Rather an inspiring moment when I saw that,
Cartoon Network is not in my word-association
list for political advertisements,
but what a gaping breach in the fortress walls
that could be.

First:
I must say I find Constituent's submission
"a blue sky, wind, first autumn leaves..."
intriguingly pleasant.
I hope it gets airtime - it sounds like
something I can see happening.

And then there's something that just
staggered out of the backwaters of what's
left of my sanity.

Cartoon Network is a ripe opportunity
for a bit of delicious madness::cool:

Don't bother with advertising directly at
the ones who got our nation into this mess - sheeple:p :p :p .

============================================

Cartoon Network, Saturday morning may be too expensive,
but,

----------------------------------------------------------------
American Flag and anthem
(Mellow instrumental overture,
with soft military drum tattoo background ala 1776)

<Narrator>
Hi boys and girls.

Do you know who Ron Paul is?

Ron Paul is running to become president of the United States.
(Brief muted Video clip of Ron Paul, White House, etc.)

He wants your future to be better than it is today.
(Nice clip here of kids playing and laughing,
green grass, blue skies, etc.)

Ron Paul wants to be president so he can stop bad people
from doing very bad things to your future.
(Hilary/Obama/etc. or just some suits in their backslapping mode
with obvious goons at elbow and a few guns visible in background.)

If you want to know more about what kinds of bad things
Ron Paul wants to stop as President of the United States,
go ask your mom or dad.
Ask them to explain to you what a military draft is.
(Drum Tattoo)

Just tell them Ron Paul sent you....
(video fade-out of Ron Paul...)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

================================================== ===============

I left a few rough edges in there for ya'll to argue and troll
each other over, but, you get the idea.:eek: :D :( :)

It could be rewritten with such exciting versions as:

Just ask your mom or dad "What is an abortion"

Just ask your mom or dad "How much money do we owe the government?"
Just ask your mom or dad
"How much money do I owe the government? Can I pay it back?"

Just ask your mom or dad "Where does money come from?"

Just ask your mom or dad "If we pay our taxes does that mean
we won't have enough money for me to go to school ?"

Just ask your mom or dad "What is censorship?"

Just ask your mom or dad "What is freedom?"

Just ask your mom or dad "How much money do we owe China?"

Just ask your mom or dad "How much does my Social Security cost?"

Just ask your mom or dad "who is Ron Paul?"

Just ask your mom or dad
"Will you let the government send me to fight for oil?"

Just ask your mom or dad
"what happens to our house if we can't pay our taxes?"

Just ask your mom or dad
"who do we pay our taxes to?"

Just ask your mom or dad
"why do taxes cost so much?"

================================================== ========

Time for my medication again, I am informed.:D
Cheers and sweet dreams for all the youngsters out there.

nayjevin
08-17-2007, 09:06 AM
alright... on screen:

Be Alive.

Be Free.

Hope for America

Be a Part of it.

This gave me goosebumps too. Great idea.

I would use the church idea, and would show kids coming out of a rock concert. Show a normal family leaving home, show some homeys in the hood, show some low rider bicycles and neck tats, show some sunday brunchers, show some bikers.

They could all be putting on their Ron Paul Revolution shirts as they convene.

soundtrack ideas:
Beatles: "so you say you want a Revolution?"
Bob Marley: "get up, stand up.... stand up for your right"

constituent
08-17-2007, 09:11 AM
nayjevin....

i'm w/ you on bob marley... are you familiar w/ Time Will Tell off of his album Kaya?

Johnnybags
08-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Better :)

We could do many of these good ideas over time...

and get the woman to see what mostly guys so far are talking about and why the FAUX news channels are so biased, local stations not owned by these clowns would love to run it. The FOX graphic proves bias. It would stir a great deal of controversy and backlash as well as get the good DR.'s message out. I doubt FOX would make the same blatent attempt twice.

klamath
08-17-2007, 09:36 AM

Video ad for Ron Paul

[Images from 9/11]

I like this Ad! A few suggestions though.

"[Damning images of prominent democrats from the 70s and 90s.]

ANNOUNCER: Our nation was not founded on the agenda of the Republicans..."

I wouldn't put pictures of presidents, especially popular ones like Reagan or Kennedy. They have strong followings and anything that denigrates them will turn people away.

"[Images from the Revolutionary and Civil wars]
ANNOUNCER: ...and the blood of those who pledged to uphold the Constitution with their lives..."

This could backfire because of Ron Pauls statement about thinking that there was a better way to solve slavery than the civil war. Images of service members in more general terms would be great

Santana28
08-17-2007, 09:48 AM
[scenes while driving from the road, passing RP signs, or going under an overpass with a RP banner hanging]

Text and narrator : "So, just who is Ron Paul?"

Rugged Farmer standing in corn field: "RP wants to get us out of NAFTA, CAFTA, and end unfair corporate subsidies"

Mother with children in her home: "RP wants to get the government out of our healthcare and educational systems - so I am free to choose how my children grow and learn"

Soldier in fatigues: "RP voted NO to the Iraq War in 2002, and will never ask me to fight and die to enforce UN Resolutions"

Hispanic man (fluent english speaking, in business suit?): "RP believes in the rule of law, and will not allow those who cheat the system to profit from it at my expense"

College kid in dorm room (a white male with a pot leaf shirt?? hehe): "RP is the only politician who believes I have a right to live my life how i choose, as an individual"

[Flash to each subject in order]
Farmer - "I am an American Farmer"
Mother - "I am an American Mother"
Soldier - "I am an American Soldier"
Hispanic - "I am an American Citizen"
College Kid - "I am America's Future"

[Show RP meetup group holding signs]
Group - "We're Taking a Stand for Our Rights - Vote Ron Paul for President in 2008!"

ronpaulhawaii
08-17-2007, 09:49 AM
edit-Santana's script above is quite good also

This gave me goosebumps too. Great idea.

I would use the church idea, and would show kids coming out of a rock concert. Show a normal family leaving home, show some homeys in the hood, show some low rider bicycles and neck tats, show some sunday brunchers, show some bikers.

They could all be putting on their Ron Paul Revolution shirts as they convene.

soundtrack ideas:
Beatles: "so you say you want a Revolution?"
Bob Marley: "get up, stand up.... stand up for your right"

nayjevin....

i'm w/ you on bob marley... are you familiar w/ Time Will Tell off of his album Kaya?

Commercial songs will cost heaps to use. I, also, do not know if Reggae has mass appeal to the target audiance. The Beatles song would be better. Vocals in the track might confuse the messege. Royalty Free music is out there, I am not a pre-production guy and do not have the links. An RF track that sounds like "Revolution" would have a subliminal effect and be cost effective

my2¢

Santana28
08-17-2007, 09:58 AM
the one i just posted might be cutting the 30 sec mark a little close. it could be cut down a bit i guess. i was thinking, it would be easy to also shoot a 1 minute version of the same script directly for YouTube (a cost saving measure!), or until there is money for 1 minute ads.

Maybe expand the text a little bit... and perhaps an alternate ending :

Group holding RP signs

"I'm a Democrat"
"I'm an Independant"
"I'm a Republican"

All together "And we're voting Ron Paul in 2008"

[Text and Narrator repeats the question "So, who is Ron Paul?"]

End with Clip of Ron Paul at the debate
"I'm Ron Paul, and I'm the Champion of the Constitution"

klamath
08-17-2007, 10:08 AM
alright... on screen:

Be Alive.

Be Free.

Hope for America

Be a Part of it.

I like this one too. It would be especially good for NH. As someone else pointed out, more shots of different kinds of Americans would help. The theme is bring all Americans together. It is very upbeat and breaks from the horrible partisanship that has divided the country.

klamath
08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
[scenes while driving from the road, passing RP signs, or going under an overpass with a RP banner hanging]

Rugged Farmer standing in corn field: "RP wants to get us out of NAFTA, CAFTA, and end unfair corporate subsidies"

Mother with children in her home: "RP wants to get the government out of our healthcare and educational systems - so I am free to choose how my children grow and learn"

Soldier in fatigues: "RP voted NO to the Iraq War in 2002, and will never ask me to fight and die to enforce UN Resolutions"

Hispanic man (fluent english speaking, in business suit?): "RP believes in the rule of law, and will not allow those who cheat the system to profit from it at my expense"

College kid in dorm room (a white male with a pot leaf shirt?? hehe): "RP is the only politician who believes I have a right to live my life how i choose, as an individual"

Group - "We're Taking a Stand for Our Rights - Vote Ron Paul for President in 2008!"

This isn't a bad ad but the sequence is wrong. The message, "America's future is going to pot":D

Santana28
08-17-2007, 10:24 AM
This isn't a bad ad but the sequence is wrong. The message, "America's future is going to pot":D

LOL.... okay, so maybe put a Bob Marley poster on the wall of his dorm room in the background?

Or you could have some liberal activist chick

Or a gay kid

You get the idea!

klamath
08-17-2007, 10:48 AM
yep, that is better:D

Magsec
08-17-2007, 11:18 AM
I started an account here just to see if this is an interesting idea.

You see alot of businessmen enter into a hall, then the camera pans to some document encased in glass. They break the glass with the butt of a rifle and proceed to just defame the document. You see them crumpling it, spitting on it, laughing as it'd done You see one of the people rip off the bottom of it, then he lets the shrivelled paper fall to the ground. Satisfied, the group leaves. You notice them push a security guard on their way out.

Some bystander then enters the scene and picks up the paper, realizing it's the Declaration of Independence, with the signature section of the document ripped off. He carefully smooths out the document and puts it back in the glass case. He takes a curious look at it, then picks it back up, looks down at the signature piece on the floor and shrugs.

He takes out a pen and writes "Ron Paul" on at the bottom of the torn document where the signatures would've started, then places it back. He whistles the end of the national anthem as he walks off.

I guess there can be some voiceover going on when the document is being ravaged. Not a safe concept if we want more voters, but for us it sounds pretty cool. Any safer variations of this can probably work :p

constituent
08-17-2007, 11:41 AM
i like it.

Santana28
08-17-2007, 11:54 AM
well, i think its obvious we'll like anything that shows how awesome Ron Paul is :)

what we gotta do is figure out which one will be most effective on the broad, Ron-Paul-Ignorant masses :)

personally, i think we should stay away from ANYTHING which even hints "conspiracy" - most people don't even know who he is, let alone that there is a conspiracy against him! those who do will only take acknowledgement of these conspiracies as further evidence that we are all kook conspiracy theorists like they say we are. i think we need to stick strictly to the issues here.

I like how creative we are though! We could make a whole viral YouTube series or something.

constituent
08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Another idea:

Remember the Twisted Sister video with the kid who listens to the band and his dad freaks out about it? You could do the same thing except backwards.

The kid spends all day on YouTube watching Ron Paul videos (particularly those w/ music) and things of that nature... people getting along and working together...

The dad is angry because he wants his son to watch brain dead news, violence and riots, cops and doomsday at the markets, that whole bit.
Says it's unusual for a kid to be so concerned with politics.

Charts and Graphs, plummeting.

Cut back and forth, t.v. to comp monitor. t.v is the same ol' fear and noise machine. on comp people are getting together, volunteering, helping each other set up for a Ronstock kinda event... Voices cheering "Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul" get louder and louder until the dad is completely freaking out, mirrored by O'Reilly and the others freaking out ::cutting from one talking head to another like a nightmare, colors going crazy:: and the chanting gets so loud, the people on the t.v. so upset that the t.v. explodes and the dad has steam coming out of his ears like a cartoon. screen goes black.

Camera comes in on the dad who is exhausted from freaking out and the living room is all messed up b/c the tv blew up... you see Ron Paul walk up the doorstep and into the livingroom... he hands the dad a R 3VO_| UTION shirt and says

something along the lines of, "in times like these, maybe unusual is a good thing!" gives that apple pie kinda laugh, helps the dad up off the ground as the kid walks down the stairs,

father and son exit the house and follow Ron Paul up the sidewalk and down the road as the screen fades out to

logo: Ron Paul 08
Hope For America

ronpaulhawaii
08-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Another idea:

Remember the Twisted Sister video with the kid who listens to the band and his dad freaks out about it? You could do the same thing except backwards.

The kid spends all day on YouTube watching Ron Paul videos (particularly those w/ music) and things of that nature... people getting along and working together...

The dad is angry because he wants his son to watch brain dead news, violence and riots, cops and doomsday at the markets, that whole bit.
Says it's unusual for a kid to be so concerned with politics.

Charts and Graphs, plummeting.

Cut back and forth, t.v. to comp monitor. t.v is the same ol' fear and noise machine. on comp people are getting together, volunteering, helping each other set up for a Ronstock kinda event... Voices cheering "Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul" get louder and louder until the dad is completely freaking out, mirrored by O'Reilly and the others freaking out ::cutting from one talking head to another like a nightmare, colors going crazy:: and the chanting gets so loud, the people on the t.v. so upset that the t.v. explodes and the dad has steam coming out of his ears like a cartoon. screen goes black.

Camera comes in on the dad who is exhausted from freaking out and the living room is all messed up b/c the tv blew up... you see Ron Paul walk up the doorstep and into the livingroom... he hands the dad a R 3VO_| UTION shirt and says

something along the lines of, "in times like these, maybe unusual is a good thing!" gives that apple pie kinda laugh, helps the dad up off the ground as the kid walks down the stairs,

father and son exit the house and follow Ron Paul up the sidewalk and down the road as the screen fades out to

logo: Ron Paul 08
Hope For America

Great idea... but... RP cannot appear live in a grassroots ad, IIRC

constituent
08-17-2007, 12:30 PM
do you think a computer generated MechaPaul could appear in a grassroots ad? that might be a little much for this endeavor... but might be worth considering at other times. i don't know... how difficult is that sort of thing?

klamath
08-17-2007, 01:09 PM

You see alot of businessmen enter into a hall, then the camera pans to some document encased in glass. They break the glass with the butt of a rifle and proceed to just defame the document. You see them crumpling it, spitting on it, laughing as it'd done You see one of the people rip off the bottom of it, then he lets the shrivelled paper fall to the ground. Satisfied, the group leaves. You notice them push a security guard on their way out.

Some bystander then enters the scene and picks up the paper, realizing it's the Declaration of Independence, with the signature section of the document ripped off. He carefully smooths out the document and puts it back in the glass case. He takes a curious look at it, then picks it back up, looks down at the signature piece on the floor and shrugs.

He takes out a pen and writes "Ron Paul" on at the bottom of the torn document where the signatures would've started, then places it back. He whistles the end of the national anthem as he walks off.

I guess there can be some voiceover going on when the document is being ravaged. Not a safe concept if we want more voters, but for us it sounds pretty cool. Any safer variations of this can probably work :p

I like this too. The constitution might be better though.

ronpaulhawaii
08-17-2007, 01:18 PM
do you think a computer generated MechaPaul could appear in a grassroots ad? that might be a little much for this endeavor... but might be worth considering at other times. i don't know... how difficult is that sort of thing?

LOL, I would imagine yes, might seem strange though...

TruthBeKnown
08-17-2007, 02:03 PM

I like this one alot! But how about this at the end:
As he whistles off - but starting at the beginning of the national anthem,
the same security guard that just got bumped has a look on his face like "hey, what's going on?"
walks up, reads the doc on the wall, whips out a pen, joins in on whistling the anthem, & adds his name under Ron's.
As he's walking away, a cleaning lady walks up, reads the doc, starts whistling in, & signs it.
As she turns to walk away, the camera pans back & the shot fills with more & more people with their arms in the air, holding pens, moving forward to sign the doc. Then end with the words: Ron Paul
Hope for America
www.RonPaul2008.com
across the screen.

I think it's a powerful statement & a call to The People to stand up for their country with Ron as leading the way.

I came up with one last night. Thinking of addressing issues that appeal to alot of people, ending the war is an obvious one - 70% want us out. So check this out:

Taps is playing in the background during this entire sequence:
camera is a closeup of the flag
Camera pans back to see flag is on a coffin
Pans back more: grieving family dressed in black around coffin

Shot switches to bombs going off in Baghdad
Short montage of bombing, wounded soldiers, wounded civilians, amputees
Shot of veterans setting up crosses at Arlington West

Taps stops.

Screen is black: Ron Paul's voice comes in saying he wants to get us out of Iraq
(I think we can get this off of one of the debates where he clearly states he would get us out now)

Screen shot of Ron's face with sound of cheering crowd in background

Text scrolls up: "AMERICA NEEDS
A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE
CONGRESSMAN DR. RON PAUL
PRESIDENT 2008
www.RONPAUL2008.com

I think Ron Pauls stance against the war is one of his strongest assets in winning this race & we definitely need to let people know about it!

TruthBeKnown
08-17-2007, 02:23 PM

Video ad for Ron Paul

[Images from 9/11]

I like this one, too! I think pictures of just the Revolutionary War & is more appropriate for the statement. The Civil War was really about keeping the South from seceeding. All other wars I can think of were about money & gaining strategic global position - NOT about upholding the Constitution.

Wolfbro
08-17-2007, 02:53 PM
The focus of any Ron Paul ad should be obvious. It is vital that it convey Ron Paul's desire to eliminate the INCOME TAX!!!

I think that is the message that would resonate with the vast majority of people and would be a single issue that could draw the most support from the average person.

I was very disappointed to not see it even mentioned in the Iowa ad. I think that was very foolish. The first thing I tell people when I make them aware of Ron Paul is that he would work to eliminate the income tax and instantly their eyes light up and they are interested. This is something that sets him apart in a major way. Most people have no idea nor would they even fathom that any candidate would even proposing such a thing.

DeadheadForPaul
08-17-2007, 02:59 PM
I agree with WolfBro. Eliminating the Income Tax is huge. That resonates with MANY people

Also, I don't think the ad should stat "not to provide us with healthcare" because he DOES want to provid us with healthcar...through the free market

ronpaulitician
08-17-2007, 04:40 PM
The focus of any Ron Paul ad should be obvious. It is vital that it convey Ron Paul's desire to eliminate the INCOME TAX!!!

I think that is the message that would resonate with the vast majority of people and would be a single issue that could draw the most support from the average person.

I was very disappointed to not see it even mentioned in the Iowa ad. I think that was very foolish. The first thing I tell people when I make them aware of Ron Paul is that he would work to eliminate the income tax and instantly their eyes light up and they are interested. This is something that sets him apart in a major way. Most people have no idea nor would they even fathom that any candidate would even proposing such a thing.
Some things to remind them: (Federal budget history (http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2008/pdf/hist.pdf)

Federal outlays 1985 - $900 billion
Federal outlays 1990 - $1.3 trillion
Federal outlays 1995 - $1.5 trillion
Federal outlays 2000 - $1.8 trillion

Individual income taxes receipts 1985 - $335 billion
Individual income taxes receipts 1990 - $467 billion
Individual income taxes receipts 1995 - $590 billion
Individual income taxes receipts 2000 - $1.0 trillion

Individial income taxes as percentage of total federal outlays
1985 37%
1990 36%
1995 39%
2000 56%

Spending at the federal level doubled between 1985 and 2000.
Receipts from individual income taxes tripled between 1985 and 2000.

The federal government took in more in individual income taxes in 2000 than the total amount it spent in 1985.

Santana28
08-17-2007, 05:27 PM
i think you guys gotta remember that a TV commercial is supposed to appeal to the general public, not fellow die-hard issue-heavy patriots such as ourselves. We have YouTube for that. anyone that really cares about the issues has probably already looked into ron paul by now. Don't scare people or hit them with a ton of stuff that requires too much thinking, or you'll turn them off right away before they get a chance to really get to know him. Thats why these people like Mitt Romney!! also, want to be careful not to frame RP as a "one issue" candidate - the MSM seems to be trying to pin that on him lately. Most people are ignorant about the IRS. You tell them that he wants to do away with it, and they think he's a loon because they don't understand how it works. I even had a lady tell me she WANTED to pay taxes. i think you have to get them to trust Ron first before throwing the IRS thing out there, unless you know your audience is already sympathetic. JMO.

ronpaulitician
08-17-2007, 05:52 PM
i think you guys gotta remember that a TV commercial is supposed to appeal to the general public, not fellow die-hard issue-heavy patriots such as ourselves.
Agree.

Which is why I like constituent's "blue sky" one so much.

Be Alive.

Be Free.

Hope for America

Be a Part of it.

Margo37
08-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by dspectre

It's very scary and dark, threatening, conveys no optimism, IMO it would make a terrible first impression, mothers would really hate their kids seeing this, "Shut that thing off" reaction, a black hooded figure?

The Mosaic ad is very well done, effective and pleasant and gets the points across, maybe leave the guns til later? Also thought the CKelly script was very good, I just came across this thread and have no script so hope no one minds my opinion but that ad I feel would be a terrible mistake.

slantedview
08-17-2007, 11:02 PM
I agree with WolfBro. Eliminating the Income Tax is huge. That resonates with MANY people

Also, I don't think the ad should stat "not to provide us with healthcare" because he DOES want to provid us with healthcar...through the free market
I agree on the income tax. I wouldn't get into specifics or numbers though.

Healthcare... I'd probably not mention.

peacemonger
08-18-2007, 01:19 AM
I timed this at exactly 30 seconds spoken at a comfortable pace. I have some film editing experience but I don't have time to put together a draft. I think this focuses on the things Iowans care about.

zoom - out (background of Ron Paul Mosaic)
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Ron Paul as our candidate.

Fighter planes fly by - zoooooom!
Ron Paul will protect our homeland by strengthening our forces.

Image of troops building infrastructure in Iraq
He will secure our borders and stop spending our tax dollars developing foreign nations.

Image of troops in battle
He believes in the second amendment and will defeat our enemies at home and abroad.

Image of the capital building in D.C.
He will shrink the federal government until the IRS is no longer needed.

Image of cash printing presses
They call him Dr. No for a reason. He would make good use of the veto.

Image of the Constitution
Ron Paul knows what our founders fought for. Vote for Ron Paul in 2008.

Eagle soaring blue sky
Vote for Liberty

What do you think?

ronpaulhawaii
08-18-2007, 08:09 AM
I timed this at exactly 30 seconds spoken at a comfortable pace. I have some film editing experience but I don't have time to put together a draft. I think this focuses on the things Iowans care about.

zoom - out (background of Ron Paul Mosaic)
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Ron Paul as our candidate.

Fighter planes fly by - zoooooom!
Ron Paul will protect our homeland by strengthening our forces.

Image of troops building infrastructure in Iraq
He will secure our borders and stop spending our tax dollars developing foreign nations.

Image of troops in battle
He believes in the second amendment and will defeat our enemies at home and abroad.

Image of the capital building in D.C.
He will shrink the federal government until the IRS is no longer needed.

Image of cash printing presses
They call him Dr. No for a reason. He would make good use of the veto.

Image of the Constitution
Ron Paul knows what our founders fought for. Vote for Ron Paul in 2008.

Eagle soaring blue sky
Vote for Liberty

What do you think?

I like it, don't know if the word "shrink" is best, perhaps "rein in" or something. Just a small point but subliminal...

lorindon
08-18-2007, 03:11 PM
[Commercial start]
[Camera fades in to show a business man sitting in at a window seat in an airplane]
[you can clearly see out of his one window that the airplane is clearly at cruising altitude]
Man [Turning his head slowly to talk to the camera] talks: Wouldn't it be great if I didn't have to rely on the government to take care of me from the moment I walk, to the moment I die? Wouldn't it be great if I had real liberty... the freedom to take responsibility for myself?
[some sort of commotion starts taking place several rows in front of the man (Which is off camera)]
[Man quickly turns his head to look at the commotion and just as quickly returns to the camera the camera again]
Man talks again: Wouldn't it be great if I had the opportunity to save myself?
[Man quickly starts standing up and pulls out a concealed handgun from his business jacket]
Man starts yelling: Put it down buddy! You don't want to see what I can do with this!
[The camera never moves, leaving a parting shot of the guys waist in a clearly 'aiming' posture]
[fade to black]
"Save of constitution... restore our freedoms"
[Text now also fades out]
[RonPaul2008.com logo appears]
[/Commercial end]

krott5333
08-18-2007, 04:13 PM
The government is supposed to represent the people. But when our government is fighting a costly war that over 70% of the American people disagree with, who exactly are they representing?

take back your country. Vote for freedom. vote for liberty. vote for ron paul.

DjLoTi
08-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Ok, I just got off the phone with my man in LA. He's got a full team together that can really light this up. He's also got some script writers who can work on any script we receive from you guys. We're going to make this super professional. It's going to look nice.

Just wanna throw that out there.

Oh yeah we can build a set, and do anything. Think hollywood. This is hollywood. Maybe I should watch some tv commercials sometime...

Lord Xar
08-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Ok, I just got off the phone with my man in LA. He's got a full team together that can really light this up. He's also got some script writers who can work on any script we receive from you guys. We're going to make this super professional. It's going to look nice.

Oh yeah we can build a set, and do anything. Think hollywood. This is hollywood. Maybe I should watch some tv commercials sometime...

Can you try to make this as universal as possible so other states can adopt it and run it in their states etc..

happyphilter
08-18-2007, 05:10 PM

I am so excited for this! This kinda stuff gets me pumped and make me want to do more! I think Ill go make some signs although I dont think any number of signs can compensate. THANKS!

thomj76
08-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Opening scene, Dick Chaney's clip of "Iraq will be a quagmire"

Soldier, "If only they knew now what they knew then"

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all are created equal, and that they are endowed by their creator with unalienable rights, that among these are"

"Life"

Dr. Ron Paul has delivered over 4,000 babies

"Liberty"

Representative Ron Paul is for Limited Government and for personal Liberty

"...and the pursuit of Happiness"

Ron Paul is for reclaiming the Dream that is America

Subsequent Commercials could use the same premise and shift gears to highlight different American founding documents...

ronpaulhawaii
08-18-2007, 09:39 PM

OK den!!! Anyway I can help, I'm in...

I'm looking forward to the vote on which script. There are some great ones here...

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 04:26 AM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 04:29 AM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 04:54 AM
///

Man from La Mancha
08-19-2007, 04:59 AM
But Ron is saying so much now about this revolution?:)

You are all going to think I am nuts, but here is my two cents. Stay far away from the word Revolution. It sounds like we want to take guns and take over the government. We all love the Constitution, but I don't think it works as a selling point. They just think we have some crazy anarchist ideas about changing the laws or something. As a non-Christian anything with a fish on it will turn me off completely. It tells me he is Jesus freak and not that he is religious.

Yes, I too have heard a lot of people who like paying taxes. When you say to anyone over 30 that he wants to cut the income tax you are saying he wants to steal all money from moms who can't work and starve kids. (That is what they think taxes pay for.) Works great for college crowd, but not mainstream. So you have to explain it.

We need to be simple, general, and not intellectual.

People are scared of a huge change, but they don't want things the way they are. I really like the direction of Slugg #1.

How about something like this:

We are with you, we understand. Life is getting harder for you. And all of your choices for President look the same and all you are hearing is the same ole same ole. But one man offers you real change. Real hope. He knows you don't want the war, neither does he. That is why he voted against the war from day one. He knows you deserve to have your social security protected. That is why he proposed a bill to keep Social Security in a separate fund. He wants to help make your life better. He has voted to do so in the past and will keep doing it. You can always trust a man to behave in the future the way he has in the past:
Ron Paul has never voted to raise YOUR taxes
Ron Paul voted AGAINST the war in Iraq from day one.
Ron Paul voted to go GET Osama Bin Laden and bring him to justice.
Ron Paul wants to protect your country and your borders.
Ron Paul wants to end welfare programs for people who are here illegally.
Ron Paul wants to cut government waste so you can keep YOUR money.
Ron Paul even wants to eventually phase out the Income tax (it was always supposed to be temporary) while making sure no individuals get hurt.
Ron Paul is the guy for the little guy.
That is why you haven't heard of him. The big guys don't want to give up their toys. They will fight hard to keep him away from you. Don't let them steal anything else from you.
Ron Paul. The President for the People.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 05:18 AM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 05:19 AM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 05:48 AM
///

Nefertiti
08-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Jennifer-Just had some inspiration about an ad that I posted here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12837&page=13

Not sure whether it is what you are looking for at the moment but it might be useful somewhere down the road.

constituent
08-19-2007, 05:52 AM
jennifer, i thnk your fears are slightly unfounded

1) the pros (and their marketing skills)
are who f*ed it up for all the other candidates
2) the issue of grassroots vs. official
adverts has been thrown around extensively.
3) ron paul himself frequently calls it a revolution
4) revolution has nothing to do with anarchy
5) no jesus fish? how about a crescent moon? the idea is diversity... not
that ron paul or his followers are jesus freaks.... my wife, daughter, and i
are all muslims.

don't make seekliberty lecture you on collectivism!

i understand where you're coming from, and am kinda just messing w/ you here... these are just a few rebuttals to your points...

and please... dont perpetuate any more myths about anarchy/anarchists... don't let the gov't "anarchist" stooges fool you. please. please.. consider it a personal favor.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 05:55 AM
[QUOTE=constituent;1342///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 06:00 AM
[///

skiingff
08-19-2007, 06:03 AM
I've read ya'lls scripts, and I think they are very thoughtful, creative, and inspirational. I believe everyone that we're gonna get to submit a script idea has had the chance to do so. Our goal is to get started on production, because production could take upwards of a month or more. Therefore, I am asking that any last minute script submissions be posted today, and we can start the voting this afternoon into tomorrow, and hopefully have a clear winner come Tuesday morning so Los Angeles can do their thing.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 06:03 AM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 06:04 AM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 06:05 AM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 06:07 AM
///

skiingff
08-19-2007, 06:10 AM
Has Anyone Checked To See If This Is Legal?

Would you chill already? Your motivations are well-founded and appreciated, however this has already been discussed extensively. We already have one PAC in place (Americans United for Liberty PAC) that is registered with the FEC and paperwork is being submitted for a second one. We have a certain number of days (a "grace period," if you will) before we are required to submit any paperwork for a second PAC if it turns out we need one. Please direct all your concerns to me in PM, as I am coordinating with Dj, Xar, and others to make this effort run as smoothly as possible.

Again, we also understand the marketing issues -- this is being produced professionally -- and the end product will be universally appealing and sound.

Now, as I was saying before my text got kicked off the page by more of Jennifer's concerns,

I've read ya'lls scripts, and I think they are very thoughtful, creative, and inspirational. I believe everyone that we're gonna get to submit a script idea has had the chance to do so. Our goal is to get started on production, because production could take upwards of a month or more. Therefore, I am asking that any last minute script submissions be posted today, and we can start the voting this afternoon into tomorrow, and hopefully have a clear winner come Tuesday morning so Los Angeles can do their thing.

constituent
08-19-2007, 06:23 AM
calm down jennifer... really though, it's unbecoming of you.

1) what myth?

that revolution has anything to do with anarchy. in fact, it is quite the opposite, particularly when talking about politics

2) i'm fully aware of what the issue is. do not patronize me.

3) are you kidding me? do you really believe....

that's not what i said... say what you want, but don't put words in my mouth. and besides, ron paul is not every president since the advent of television.

4) i'm fully aware of what you meant by "revolution," perhaps it would benefit you to look up anarchy. again, political revolutions overthrow one government and replace it with another. governments will inevitably fail and do not need violence to ensure that end, violence is how governments take everyone down with them. anarchy is the state that will inevitably follow (though it may be brief before the next bully comes along) in which 'the governed' govern themselves... which they are quite capable of doing.

i said i would consider it a personal favor if you would make an effort to consider this before posting... as a practical, personal favor.

and you spout back with:

"I would consider a personal favor if you would stop trying to tell me what to say."

really though, that sounds like something my sister would have said when she was 14 or something.... really, i was trying to be nice.

i'll repeat as you have done so eloquently:

Words have meaning (I have a bachelors in english lit, and believe me if there is one thing i know it is that words have meaning... thanks... don't patronize me.)

now let's go back to being friends, constructive criticism, all that jazz. and with your permission, i'll post another couple ideas I had... though you might not want to read or encourage them... so feel free to ignore, then discourage... i won't tell you how to live your life or anything, don't want to tell you what to do.

besides, i'm married as it is and really don't need the dramatics.

Johnnybags
08-19-2007, 06:33 AM
I must admit though, I am terrified of us idiots writing an ad. There is a reason why candidates pay a fortune for advertising agencies to get just the right image for a person. One wrong sentence can end a career. No matter what, we have to make it deadly clear that this is an ad that the Ron Paul campaign has nothing to do with. This is a grassroots effort and this is a grassroots ad.

One wrong move, one wrong thought and POW we have ended his career.

And I don't know if we will recognize that wrong move if we make it.

I am so scared of this idea. People who put these ads together work for months with focus groups and test areas and see how things play before going national with anything to limit the damage if something doesn't play well.

Again, it has to be made very clear that the Ron Paul campaign did not approve this ad, see this ad, or have anything at all to do with this ad. This is an ad by his admirers who wanted to help.

Jeepers this is dangerous.

I gotta be honest, focus groups do not apply to Ron Paul, the truth can be seen and heard without pandering or focusing. I am sure we can do far better than an ad agency. I do agree to be careful though in presenting the message of freedom with responsibility and less Federal intervention.

gagnonstudio
08-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums, but I just wanted to throw something out there.

We already know that RP appeals to young males age 18 - 35. I think this demographic is easier to bring in. I think what we need to try and focus on are the middle aged men and women, as well as the older generations. They are the demographic who are most likely to get their bulk of information from television and main stream media. I think a commercial showing RPs values as well as his issues is important. The commercial could include how he has delivered over 4000 babies, and has been married for 50 years. Then it could bring in his stance on Iraq and on taxes. This would definitely appeal to the demographic I just suggested, as well as a good portion of the conservative base.

I don't have a script in mind, but I will try and work on something today.

As for the youtube video mentioned in the last post, I think it would be a great commercial to run on cartoon network. The only drawback I see on cartoon network is that the people watching this network are already readily on the internet. I think MTV might be a good network to bring in the people who don't normally vote or have anything to do with politics. It's a great vid, and I think it would be effective and may draw mass media attention. I'm just throwing out some ideas.

I'm glad I came across this site. Let's keep the revolution going!!

DjLoTi
08-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Jennifer, I understand your concerns completely, but my people are all professionals. They understand underlying themes and think critically towards what this advertisement will say in all underlying aspects. I mean, honestly, no need for you to call us idiots. My people *know* what their doing. After we get the script, we're going to hand it to the script writer so they can expand on it. Then, we're going to get it back, and I'll along with the other key people will see it to make sure it's good to go. Then we get to work to make a good, professional commercial.

Honestly, if we have to depend on the official campaign to make a 30 second commercial, I think we have more things to worry about.

thomj76
08-19-2007, 09:15 AM
I do want to point out that although the work is being done pro-bono, any outsourcing for extra work will incur fees. With this is mind, Short, simple, to the point. Get people to check out the official website. Perhaps obtaining corporate sponsorship from google, youtube, meetup, facebook, etc would mitigate the cost of production and allow the commercial to be aired more.

Just my two copperless abe's worth...

MsDoodahs
08-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Decaf.

:)

Cowlesy
08-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Decaf.

Ditto :)

klamath
08-19-2007, 11:17 AM
This is my submission as food for thought. It is based on the fact Bush had an 80% approval rating after 9/11. People wanted to kick some ass. It shows that we need a leader to make the right choices when they are not popular. Eighty percent of the population can look at this and realize they needed a leader that was making better decisions than they themselves and not the wrong ones like the other presidential candidates.

Why do we elect a President and Congress? We elect a President and Congress to represent us and make decisions that effect every American. During times of crisis is when we depend on them most to make the right decisions. After 9/11 this was such a time. Our country needed to act. It was a time of much hysteria. Our leaders were in a position where they had to make a decision that would effect each and every one of us and also most of the world. The decisions were made and in hindsight they were wrong. Our country and the world are in a worse place than before. One congressman told us the decisions were wrong at the time they were made. He did not wait to see if those decisions were working before denouncing them. We need a leader that can make the right decisions in the times of crisis. Decisions that will effect the world. Ron Paul is the Congressman that was making the right ones.
Vote Ron Paul '08.

Santana28
08-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Why do we elect a President and Congress? We elect a President and Congress to represent us and make decisions that effect ever American. During times of crisis is when we depend on them most to make the right decisions. After 9/11 this was such a time. Our country needed to act. It was a time of much hysteria. Our leaders were in a position where they had to make a decision that would effect each and every one of us and also most of the world. The decisions were made and in hindsight they were wrong. Our country and the world are in a worse place than before. One congressman told us the decisions were wrong at the time they were made. He did not wait to see if those decisions were working before denouncing them. We need a leader that can make the right decisions in the times of crisis. Decisions that will effect the world. Ron Paul is the Congressman that was making the right ones.
Vote Ron Paul '08.

i like it. My second fave besides my own.

Santana28
08-19-2007, 12:22 PM
she's right - we have to be VERY careful with what we do with this. First Impressions are the MOST important impressions, and can make or break how receptive people are to Dr. Paul's message down the road.

We should stay away from controversial or overly-intellectual things for a first impression. Revolution might be a fine word for the 30 and under crowd - but we're aiming above that as our target demographic and to the older crowd it might remind them of liberal or anarchistic nutjobs. I'd say leave it out for now, along with "wants to eliminate the income tax" and ANYTHING that implies he might do away with medicare or medicaid. We need to stick generic - but still lay out his positions.

And again... just remember... we're not making an ad directed towards what WE like and what WE want to hear - we're trying to speak to as broad an audience as possible, and get them interested in Dr. Paul. We have to speak to what might interest THEM. This shouldn't be a history lesson, or a lecture on the constitution, or a PR video for the meetup groups. This isn't about how we love Dr. Paul, how we want to overthrow the government, or how he's right and everyone else is wrong. This is about why he's worth looking into. Thats all.

anyways, JMO. i'm looking forward to voting on this.

constituent
08-19-2007, 12:45 PM
this would be a series commercial and you would change it for different markets.

the idea is to have different cardboard cutouts of different figures in society. have them in appropriate places.

for instance: aiming for college kids.

a cop cutout standing next to a dukes of hazzard type cop car on a back road somewhere. his arm goes up and down swinging a club into his free hand. every 5 or ten seconds some little catch phrase comes out of his speaker, "don't vote for ron paul," "hands behind your back," "i've gotta match, my club and your face" etc.

anyway... just think of generic people in society who would or wouldn't vote for ron paul and do the same 5 second repeat thing... change the props, change the cutout..

you could have a malfunctioning mitt-witt cut-out all "worth millions," "vote for me," "protect our country, join my campaign." that sort of thing.

you could do a ron paul cutout in front of constitution hall.

also, another series of commercials would be about seperate individuals going through their personal trials of the day... kinda glum... but the day ends, and the camera comes back to them at home... they shut down their computer, close the laptop and you see their ron paul shirt, then they smile, stand up and walk out the door. do about four or five different ones like that and then one commercial that follows each person as they walk up the road and converge on a ron paul event.

constituent
08-19-2007, 02:32 PM
here's another

old lady #1 in workout clothes walks up a sidewalk to the door ::in a type of townhouse complex, i have a particular one in mind.. will describe in more detail if necessary:: rings doorbell.

old lady #2 (workout clothes) opens the door.

ol1: are you ready?

ol2: of course.

ol1: do you have the... trails off

ol2: yea uh... right here ::she does that shifty eye thing and reaches
behind the door:: just take this

hands ol1 two signs rolled together to obscure their contents. the two old ladies, carry the flags off lke a body and run away looking sneaky to ol1's van parked up the road. they get in and floor it.

camera fades out

camera comes back in as ol1 slams the van in park off the side of a busy access road. the two old ladies get out A-team style and grab the signs... unfurling them, they look proudly (guiltily) at each other and jog to an overpass. when the two arrive, they see two other people (old men, young people, whoever... dressed ninja style or something) who've arrived with their Ron Paul banner and loudspeaker.

the two parties make eye contact and both see each other's Ron Paul banners... smile and wave as the two old ladies begin jogging back and forth waiving their banners, and the others setup their station in the middle of the overpass to blast their message. below

gridlocked traffic.

as the camera moves away from the overpass and glides over the stalled traffic an announcer could say anything relevant to the campaign and local events taking place.

::edit:: better yet, have it be their husbands all dressed in fishing gear.

mtmedlin
08-19-2007, 02:44 PM
A handful of things that I would like to see in this ad.
1. Include that he voted to go after Bin Laden in Afghanistan, but opposed weakening that force and going into Iraq. Many people think that he is against defending the US outside of our borders and MOST do not know that he voted FOR going into Afghanistan. We need to make certain that they know he is not weak, but he is constitutional.
2. This election is not about abortion. The people who are strictly pro-life voters will research this themselves. Like Carvel said in '92, "its the economy, stupid" in this case, its the economy, Iraq and Taxation/over sized government.
3. HEALTH CARE is a big issue in NH. We may want to point out that RP wants to eliminate the income tax which would allow people and companies to spend money on more important things like HEALTH CARE.
4. Lastly we may want to use a message like "America First", Stress that our infrastructure (ie. Bridges, electric grid etc.) Schools, Borders need a president who will concentrate on AMERICA and not every other country. RP says no to foreign aid, wars and military in foreign countries, Billions to the UN. We need a full time president working to repair America and make her strong.

there are so many issues, We may want to look at spending the money now for 3 commercials and link certain issues that have a more natural congruency so that we can use these in several states. I would love for us to push four states. NH, Nevada, Wyoming and S. Carolina. These are affordable markets that we can make a difference in. Overall though, we MUST WIN NH.

PS. Those that think we are idiots and are not professionals just because we work at the grass roots level..... I hold degrees in Business, BA in Political Science, and a Masters in Education. I worked on Jeb Bush's governors campaign. Tampa, Fl. Mayor Pam Iorios Campaign, and in Polk County, Bob English County Commissioner campaign. Ive also done opinion research polling and also wrote image reports to help candidates beef up their look during debates.
I may not be a high priced professional, but I am pretty good at what I do.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 03:10 PM
///

constituent
08-19-2007, 03:13 PM
jennifer...

some people have different feelings on

"what is best in the long run"

if you're not happy with the direction of the thread, read a different one. the success of the campaign is due to the "idiots" (your word, not mine) out there, not the certified pros. just drop the insults altogether. you're beginning to act like a troll.

have you not taken on a pet project?

Lord Xar
08-19-2007, 03:26 PM
I call you and me idiots when it comes to producing a television ad for a Presidential candidate. And you prove it to me when you come to a FORUMS board looking for the script.

We have people on here who cannot write a proper sentence and you want to look to them for advice on a TV commercial?

So what about holding degrees in other things. What does that prove? I have a doctorate degree from an Ivy league school in law. Does that qualify me to know anything about marketing? Of course not. So, in the area of professional TV marketing I AM AN IDIOT and so are the rest of you unless you happen to work for a marketing house, are part of a team and know what you are doing.

Would you go to a doctor for advice about an electrical issue in your house? Of course not, the doctor would be an idiot in that area.
It is grandiose, foolish, and silly to think otherwise.

I ask again, does anyone care about HURTING Ron Paul's chances for being President or do you just want to do your project and not give a flip about consequences?

You could make the most beautifully put together commercial and with the wrong message, or a message that doesn't play well, lose the chance of winning the election.

We all keep getting caught missing the forest for the trees. All we see is our little project in front of us. But rarely does anyone ask the question, what is best in the long run.

We focus on name recognition but don't particularly focus on how that name is perceived.

What if I am right? What if the TV commercial hurts his chances? What then?

Why not do this the proper way and hire a professional team to talk to? Learn about what sells and what does not.

This is crazy. The stakes here are HIGH.

The difference between an amatuer and a professional, is one is paid - one isn't.

I created a Radio Ad with the help of some talented people, and to me - it came out great, but some person thought it wise to belittle it and make it something bad -- on another website (dailypaul).

If we sit back and wait for something perfect, it won't happen.

The thing with this project is that NOBODY has donated anything yet - its all promisary based on whether the commercial is "up to snuff" - if its not, we don't donate. Simple as that.

Ron Paul DOES NOT have the money to put ads on T.V and the Radio, or have paid interns passing out flyers. People creating booths and "rallys" is the same thing, isn't it? Finding those that can PERFECTLY represent Ron Paul. But the thing is, we all have to help out the ways we can.

You should trust a little more. I have faith that what will be created will be good. If not, don't donate and it dies. This is what is good about donations... we will not work on blind faith when such large amounts of money are on the line.

Did you see those newspaper ads (see the sticky)... did you like them? They were homegrown created and put forth to nice effect.

Remember, Washington defeated the most powerful army in the world with a bunch of amatuers :)

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 03:31 PM
///

constituent
08-19-2007, 03:40 PM
first off - calm down lady.

if you want to have a discussion on the implications of the grassroots producing their own adverts, start a thread. don't interrupt a sticky to gripe.

number two - don't talk to me about agenda

ron paul has been the representative of my area for the majority of my life. not that i should have to whip out my bona fides on you, but you appear to be that type. so in short, don't come here and pull this "i'm more ron paul than you," crap.

furthermore... we are not discussing an action i intend on taking. i'm merely contributing to the thread. this problem, and your resulting poor attitude should be directed toward the OP, not me.

"oh for god's sake grow up"

I suppose that's a response, a one-upper if you will, to my earlier comment noting that your behavior was similar to that of my adolescent sister (those many years ago)???

Can we please end this bickering now and return to the subject of the thread? that being ideas for (not against the principle) a supporter-based advert.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 03:48 PM
///

skiingff
08-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Jennifer, I have asked you politely if you would address concerns to me in PM, and that didn't work as I have no PMs from you...

I even addressed your problems and reminded you they have been extensively discussed and we have professionals taking care of this ad. I would be glad to discuss this with you in private. You still haven't PMed me, you just want to derail my thread and OUR ideas. So Mrs. Romney-supporter-in-disguise, here are some words hopefully you can understand:

Shut up. Do you understand that? Just shut up.

Mrs. I have a Doctorate in law, so what. ALL lawyers hold doctorates in law. ALL law school graduates do too. J.D. stands for Juris Doctorate (Doctor of Law), which is what you're referring to. Yes, there are "higher" degrees than a J.D., such as an LL.M. (Master of Laws) and J.S.D. (Doctor of Juridical Science), but you said specifically you are a "Doctor" of law. So frickin what?

Get lost.

happyphilter
08-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Id like to agree with jennifer, We need professional input. We can do great things together, but Ive already seen a few things put out there by amatures that have turned voters off to voting for Ron Paul.

These kind of things can make or break a campaign, if we say something wrong, or do something wrong it would just be a waste of time and money. For that reason I urge getting any help possible before jumping forward.

Giving Ron Paul the money however is a good idea in some reguards, but I think the mentality we have is that "We can do it better." especially after seeing the TV ad his campaign put out. Individual projects give us the chance to help in OUR way, and sometimes our way is better. We are the people, we know what needs to be done, and I doubt giving money to the Ron Paul campaign will help us accomplish these projects.

If campaign staffers are crying about us using our money the way we see fit to help, maybe they should have shown us from the get go that they could have handled it(no offense staffers).

So, how do I donate to this thing?

MsDoodahs
08-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Go to the first post of this thread, at the end you'll see a link to the pledge page, click it and join us.

And for the record, I don't agree with Jennifer.

skiingff
08-19-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm gathering the scripts together, voting shall commence soon. I didn't mean to get personal with Jennifer, but she was kinda derailing a sticky that specifically said this is for script submission and discussion only. She could have made her own thread instead of calling us idiots (which I find offensive), after I responded very politely and in detail to her concerns, and asked her to address further problems to me in PM :rolleyes:

Anyway, voting will commence soon.

The donation pledges are at http://www.pledgebank.com/20kforpaul and the campaign page is operationnh.com.

Some people don't understand how hard it is to coordinate something like this that will be seen by everybody in New Hampshire and Iowa, and possibly other early voting states eventually. I'll update you guys in a bit what all I've been doing to coordinate this and what progress has been made.

Appreciate all the submissions, they were all thoughtful and interesting. Thanks.

Thom1776
08-19-2007, 04:30 PM
I thought the deadline was tomorrow morning. Mine is almost done, I should have it done in half an hour from this post.

Santana28
08-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Hows about we delete all non-script posts from this thread - mods?

Second - i think people are all up in arms because Jennifer referred to us all as "idiots" when it comes to making ad campaigns. Well, so what? I think anyone that is upset by that needs to just CHILL and try to look past it for the sake of unity here. Poor choice of words, but she is not incorrect per se - i'm pretty sure none of us here are experts at this. As far as promotion and what we can accomplish is concerned... i could tell you that i spent two years designing concert posters for bands like the Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, Tool, and a whole list of other A level bands at A level venues. I could also tell you that i've never taken a design or marketing class in my life. What does any of that matter? Absolutely nothing. What matters is the END RESULT - does it make people interested at best, is it boring and do people overlook it (worse), or at absolute worst - is it a poor representation and does it turn people off? When i did concert posters they each had to be personally approved by either the band or their management or both before it could go to print. I did things that i absolutely thought i knocked out of the park - only to have it be rejected, and have to start over. But as far as these ads are concerned - we have to stay away from the Campaign on them. I don't think we are allowed to have any input whatsoever from HQ due to FEC rules, and thats why i think we need to be ESPECIALLY sensitive to what ends up as the final project. We dont need to fight over it or argue about who is better - but we need to work together to create what best interests people in Dr. Paul, not for any other reason. But we can not exactly "trust the experts" to create something amazing either - there are good ad companies, and there are terrible ones. Think of how many horrible political ads you have seen over your lifetime - we don't want to be another one. Thats why we need to keep this a joint effort, where all opinions are welcome.

Skiii, i really think it was uncool of you to tell Jennifer to shut up. Sure, people are offended here - but we all have a right to our opinions and this is a discussion forum. Maybe she didn't want to PM you?

Lets all just ignore anything that might happen to be offending us, and move on in a constructive way towards the ultimate goal - to do all we can do to get Dr. Paul elected.

We can make ads about how we want to save the world later :)

peace people!! please!

skiingff
08-19-2007, 04:41 PM
I thought the deadline was tomorrow morning. Mine is almost done, I should have it done in half an hour from this post.

I've PMed you

Thom1776
08-19-2007, 04:47 PM
The subject can be either a man or a woman.

Setting: outdoors, daytime, nice weather, field with green grass, trees, just a nice, outdoor setting. Start with a close-up of subject’s face. The camera slowly zooms out. The subject is standing front and center of a large crowd of very diverse people, different races and colors, men and women, all ages, about twenty or so people all together: some in business suits, some in work clothes, some in uniforms such as a police officer, a fire fighter, a soldier, a nurse, etc. and some are wearing “Ron Paul” tee shirts. They all have neutral to somewhat serious expressions. There are large “Ron Paul” signs and banners in the back of the crowd and people in front are holding smaller “Ron Paul” signs at a lower level. The whole scene looks very similar to a “Ron Paul” sign-waving rally.

The subject says the following; it should take 25 seconds to recite:

“I’m an American, and I love my country, but I’ve always felt that somehow, something was wrong. I’ve felt this way for some time now, but just couldn’t put my finger on it. Then I heard Ron Paul. Ron Paul’s running for president. The things I heard Ron Paul say make sense; a LOT of sense, and a lot of people I know think so, too. Ron Paul knows what’s wrong with our country, and he knows how to fix it. That’s why I—that’s why WE -- support Ron Paul for President.”

As the subject says: ”a lot of sense”, all the people in the crowd smile slightly and nod in agreement, a few, but not all of them, looking to their left and right as they nod. The nodding lasts for only two seconds, then they all look forward at the camera again, and all are now smiling to one degree or another.

The camera point of view is from directly in front of and slightly above. The zoom stops once the entire crowd is in frame at about twenty seconds and holds on the crowd for five seconds.

The final five seconds: Fade to a portrait shot of Ron Paul on a white background with the words "Ron Paul" in blue above him. The words "Hope For America", also in blue fade in on the bottom of the screen as a voice over is saying: "Ron Paul: Hope For America", and “ronpaul2008.com” underneath that with all the legal fine print at the very bottom of the screen.

And if a verbal credit is required, put it quickly at the very start of the ad.

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Jennifer, I understand your concerns completely, but my people are all professionals. They understand underlying themes and think critically towards what this advertisement will say in all underlying aspects. I mean, honestly, no need for you to call us idiots. My people *know* what their doing. After we get the script, we're going to hand it to the script writer so they can expand on it. Then, we're going to get it back, and I'll along with the other key people will see it to make sure it's good to go. Then we get to work to make a good, professional commercial.

Honestly, if we have to depend on the official campaign to make a 30 second commercial, I think we have more things to worry about.

Hi DJ. Are any of these people versed in political marketing? The image we create for Dr. Paul with these commercials is crucial. We can create the script concepts, but I think we really need to run them by someone who is very versed in imaging.

If we do this right, we will be able to go to absolute town with this. :D

I think that is the crux of what Jennifer is saying. As I'm sure you realize, creating this ad is much more than going through the mechanics of professionally filming it. That's hard enough, for sure, but we need to be absolutely sure of the image it is conveying to the public.

My question is, do we want a 30 second commercial, or a 60 second commercial? Most of the ones I saw of Reagan's were 60 seconds in length. You'd be surprised at how quick that is, when you get right down to it. Even our radio ad was 60 seconds. I'm not sure about the pricing for TV ads, but when it comes to radio ads, 60 second ads aren't that much more than 30 second ads.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 05:01 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 05:05 PM
///

MsDoodahs
08-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Jennifer, could you post a link to the pledge drive you started for RP television commercials?

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Jennifer,

Don't you think it's ok for people to submit their ideas? As long as we ran them by some marketing/advertising professionals for input? Perhaps we have these types of people in the campaign, or maybe DJLoti has already planned for people of this nature to be involved. I definitely think we'd better involve them, regardless of where they're coming from. Even if we have to shell out money to hire them. After the content is finalized, production can commence.

What do you think folks? Does this sound like a reasonable course?

thomj76
08-19-2007, 05:20 PM
He has professionals lined up to make the ad. One thing I'll say before I give my updated idea. Jenn, use the edit button,please. When there are 5 posts in a row from someone over a few minutes span, it eats up a page. I personally appreciate your concerns for evoking the right feelings for this ad. I also realize that due to the repeating posts, some people became,how shall we call them, "crankypants".

We are on the same team here, I believe we all want what's best for getting Ron Paul elected. Breathe, repeat as necessary...

*Drum roll and fife music

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men (slight pause), and women are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

Dr. Ron Paul has delivered over 4,000 babies.

Representative Ron Paul stands for your Liberty and for Limited Government.

Ron Paul wants to help restore the dream that is America.*

We have to remember the cost for ads that over 30 sec. It also would be good to have a consistent theme that can be developed. In my opinion, development of this theme concerning our founding documents could serve well the task at hand...

Earnestly Submitted,

dircha
08-19-2007, 05:44 PM
We need the script for the TV commercial to be complete and voted on by Monday. I mean, c'mon, how long does it take to come up with a 30-second script? Yes, it takes time and effort, but we need to move on this. We need to start producing the TV ad early next week, because we need to have it READY before we finalize any ad purchases. Our fundraising is at 10% in only two days, so I'm NOT worried about that. I'm concerned because we need to start developing a product. No product = no ad, no matter how much money we can raise.

Therefore, Monday, August 20 will be the deadline to get a FINAL SCRIPT to the producer because it may take him up to a few weeks to produce the ad. Time is of the essence - no procrastinating.

So, please post your submissions -- I am looking forward to them, and we will vote on the best one, which will air on TV stations throughout New Hampshire and in select parts of Iowa in the coming month or two. Thanks!

Too many people are putting way too much emphasis on cramming lots of concepts and positions in. Successful political ads are highly visual, emotional, and focused. Following is my submission, leveraging an emotional presentation and evocative imagery to win over Republican primary votes for Dr. Paul on the very challenging issue of the war in Iraq. The American people don't want a history lesson on what it means to be a conservative. The American people want a position they can feel good about, and this ad presents Dr. Paul's position as the one.

Ron Paul: The Truth

Summary
Liberals say we've lost the war in Iraq. Others say we should stay to police their streets and rebuild their mosques. Even as our bridges collapse. And our borders are left unsecured. The truth is our soldiers won the war in Iraq. And now it's time to bring them home. Vote Ron Paul.

The script can be successfully executed in 20-30 seconds depending on timing and speed.

Strategy
- Present both defeatism and nation building in Iraq negatively.
- Imply that by continuing nation building in Iraq we are neglecting serious threats at home, most prominently illegal immigration.
- Recall that we did achieve military victory in Iraq; we won the war in Iraq.
- Imply that the patriotic action is to come home, rather than to stay and nation build in Iraq.
- Imply that a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for coming home to rebuild our nation rather than Iraq.

Script
[Music: Dramatic, ominous audio backdrop. Movements in the audio should lead into statements.]
[Visual: Black and white split screen with still of John Kerry during Vietnam-era Senate testimony on the left and still of 90s Hillary Clinton with a tired or angry expression during a speech, preferably with a finger raised. Start zoomed in, slowly zoom out and pan the stills during the scene.]
[Audio: Speech is a male tenor voice spoken slowly with a tinge of disgust.]
"Liberals say we've lost the war in Iraq."

[Visual: Black and white still of Rudy Giuliani, preferably from the 90s, either accusatorial and pointing, or exhausted or confused, preferably with his hand on his head. Transition into second negative image of Giuliani in same era or style. Transition should complete after "to police their streets."]
[Audio: A tinge of disgust and confusion.]
"Others say we should stay to police their streets and rebuild their mosques"

[Visual: Black and white video clip of aerial footage of 35W bridge collapse in Minnesota.]
[Audio: Speech continues in same voice but now slightly faster. Tone is now solemn and matter of fact.]
[Audio: Muffled helicopter rotor sound with muffled city traffic gridlock car noise and horns.]
"Even as our bridges collapse"

[Visual: Cycle quickly through a series of black and white stills depicting Mexican illegal immigrants climbing border fences, stepping over clearly inadequate barbwire, or ruined fence or holes in the fence.]
[Audio: Muffled sounds of crowds of angry Mexican voices, preferably from the recent Mexican election protests, chanting or chaotic yelling.]
"And our borders are left unsecured."

[Music: Patriotic music fading in and building to a moderate level.]
[Visual: Collection of color images of success in Iraq preferably one depicting toppling of Saddam statue, one showing troops standing over captured Saddam, and one or more showing U.S. soldiers standing by cheering and smiling Iraqi people and children.]
[Audio: Muffled cheering behind speech.]
[Audio: Speech is now confident and assertive.]
"The truth is our soldiers won the war in Iraq"

[Visual: Color footage of George Bush at podium with Mission Accomplished banner in the back.]
[Audio: Audio clip from Bush speech stating "the United States has prevailed."]

[Music: Patriotic music resumes at a moderate level.]
[Visual: Color footage of solders and others on the aircraft carrier smiling, saluting, and cheering.]
[Audio: Speech continues confident and resolute.]
"And now it's time to bring them home."

[Visual: Vivid color Ron Paul for President 2008 poster image full screen.]
[Audio: Speech continues in same voice.]
"Vote Ron Paul."

If you need to contact me I can be reached at: dircha AT dircha DOT com.

DjLoTi
08-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Once again, my people are professionals. *I* have an idea for a commercial, and my LA guy really liked it, but maybe someone here has a better one. It's worth a try.

My people *are* professional in what they do. They may not be a political advertiser company, but they know the business.

Once again, if we can't create a 30 second ad, I really think we've got more problems to worry about. It's not rocket science.

skiingff
08-19-2007, 05:58 PM
We were ready to vote but let me add dircha's ad... then we can start voting

peacemonger
08-19-2007, 06:03 PM
I would not underestimate the talent of SOME of the individuals on this board. After all, these are Ron Paul supporters. According to the MSM presidential polls, that means the intelligence of these people is among the top 3% nationally. In marketing, we would refer to Ron Paul supporters as "early adopters." These are typically the more informed individuals who are at the forefront of societal and technological evolution. These are the trend setters.

Many of us likely have are likely to have advanced degrees or other creative and intellectual prowess that sets us apart from the "followers." However, the point Jennifer makes is valid. The early-adopter types are typically less risk-averse. While we may be at the forefront of many new developments, there is still the chance that we could embrace something haphazardly and make a critical mistake.

All companies face this dilemma when engaging in Marketing programs. So, how do they mitigate the risk? Well, first they start out by brainstorming ideas, which is what we have been doing here by proposing scripts. From there the ideas are evaluated by others, which is what we will do when we vote. After that, a small number of the proposals are developed. After being developed, there is usually some kind of a focus group who would evaluate the project before it is released, which is what we are doing by having the LA people give their input before final release to the public.

So, what does this all mean? It means that we have instituted proper controls to assist us in mitigating risk. Risk is always present but, through systems of review and approval, it can be managed to reduce the likelihood of making stupid mistakes. Our current process does meet industry standards even for political ads.

If we wanted to include one more level of control, we could consider posting the proposed ad on youtube to collect sentiments from the public before going over the airwaves. But I do not consider this type of feedback essential.

These are just my thoughts.

DjLoTi
08-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Here's mine:

How about a woman sitting on a sofa-like thing on her front porch, very American-esque, reading a book, with a child playing in the front yard. Then, a car pulls up, and a man gets out. The child yells, "Daddy's home!" and the woman runs through the yard and hugs the man, with the child hugging him as well. Freeze frame of the shot to end out the final few seconds. All the while, talk about Ron's stance on following the constitution and voting against the war.

have it sunny and bright.

lol. A family dog. Maybe a small one. Not a large one. Medium sized, at the most. You could have the child and the dog in the lawn, in the background, while the camera is looking over the woman's shoulder (with the book in picture as well). Then, when the child yells in excitement, switch camera positions, and have the camera behind the man, showing the woman run to his arms. Move the camera to face the side of both people, with the woman on the left. This way, people see the woman first. That'll touch their emotions

Taken from: http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12442

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 06:09 PM
///

peacemonger
08-19-2007, 06:21 PM
You make valid points. I can see why you would say that LA is a different market. I agree but I also think that many different types of ads are produced there everyday. After all, that is where most of the studios are. I don't think there should be a problem producing an ad for the Iowa / NH market as long as the producers are sensitive to the cultural differences.

We need our people on this board to keep the Iowa political culture in mind when they vote on any scripts. If this ad appeals to the most radical elements of our movement, we may have a problem. Fortunately, I think we can manage this so that common sense will prevail.

Perhaps we could involve the meetup organizers from IA / NH in developing some kind of ad-hoc focus group. That might be a good idea.

skiingff
08-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Vote for your favorite Ron Paul TV Ad Script! The favorite will be produced professionally in a Los Angeles T.V. studio, then be aired on TVs across Iowa and New Hampshire!

The winning script may be edited prior to production. That means if you don't like one little word or one sentence or one part of an ad but still like the ad in general or the idea of the ad the best -- vote for it. They will most likely be edited, and we will get input on how to best do so. None of the original submitted scripts have been edited. They have been pasted just as they were submitted.

Be aware that you may vote for the ad YOU think is best, however keep in mind how it may portray Ron Paul or be looked at in positive and negatives ways by viewers, political pundits, the media, etc. Be aware how terms such as "revolution," "extreme measures" such as abolishing the IRS, directly attacking the media, etc. may be looked upon.
Please READ all the scripts before you vote, and please only vote once. Thank you!

http://www.operationnh.com/vote.html

dircha
08-19-2007, 06:29 PM
alright... on screen:

Be Alive.

Be Free.

Hope for America

Be a Part of it.
you.

This is a very good narrative, but I would be concerned that it presents Ron Paul as a long shot, radical candidate.

If we think like a long shot candidate, and act like a long shot candidate, people are going to think that Ron Paul is a long shot, radical candidate. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Instead of thinking "I want to vote for this guy" they will think "I would vote for this guy, but he doesn't have a chance."

Ron Paul isn't long shot candidate you haven't heard of. Ron Paul is the mainstream candidate you're surprised you haven't heard of.

Good ideas though. I like the narrative, and I like how the implication becomes apparent to the viewer. People like when they get to feel that they "get it," because it's flattering.

dircha
08-19-2007, 06:37 PM

This is very good. Unfortunately I think it would require a big budget to do right considering all the shots required to execute it.

I really like how you address the war issue by bringing in the UN villain. I think you could select better wording for the immigration line to make the point clearer.

Awsome.

DjLoTi
08-19-2007, 06:46 PM
We can probably get some actors for free. We'll need to pay for food and stuff, though. There will be some costs incurred.

dircha
08-19-2007, 06:49 PM
jennifer, i thnk your fears are slightly unfounded

1) the pros (and their marketing skills)
are who f*ed it up for all the other candidates
2) the issue of grassroots vs. official
adverts has been thrown around extensively.
3) ron paul himself frequently calls it a revolution
4) revolution has nothing to do with anarchy
5) no jesus fish? how about a crescent moon? the idea is diversity... not
that ron paul or his followers are jesus freaks.... my wife, daughter, and i
are all muslims.

don't make seekliberty lecture you on collectivism!

i understand where you're coming from, and am kinda just messing w/ you here... these are just a few rebuttals to your points...

and please... dont perpetuate any more myths about anarchy/anarchists... don't let the gov't "anarchist" stooges fool you. please. please.. consider it a personal favor.

Reading through this thread, I just want to reinforce my prior statement in response to this comment. Jennifer is correct here.

If you think like a long shot, radical candidate, and you act like a long shot, radical candidate, then people will see you as a long shot radical candidate. And instead of voting for you they say "I wish I could vote for that guy be he doesn't have a chance" so they vote for the guy who they perceive does.

Ron Paul is the mainstream candidate you're surprised you haven't heard of.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-19-2007, 06:55 PM
///

klamath
08-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Is it possible to get the thread title changed to "vote for your favorite ad".
I think you will get a lot more votes that way.

thomj76
08-19-2007, 06:56 PM
*Drum roll and fife music

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men (slight pause), and women are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

Dr. Ron Paul has delivered over 4,000 babies.

Representative Ron Paul stands for your Liberty and for Limited Government.

Ron Paul wants to help restore the dream that is America.*

We have to remember the cost for ads that over 30 sec. It also would be good to have a consistent theme that can be developed. In my opinion, development of this theme concerning our founding documents could serve well the task at hand...

Earnestly Submitted,

My original idea is submission 15 at http://www.operationnh.com/vote.html

I had revamped it some. There are certain aspects that could be tweaked to represent Ron Paul's stands on different issues. WE need people to review these ideas and to vote for the best concept. Please don't lose sight that this is still a county by county effort within the several states, and we need to show support in the counties that we reside in.

Live Free or Die!!!

peacemonger
08-19-2007, 06:58 PM
This is very good. Unfortunately I think it would require a big budget to do right considering all the shots required to execute it.

I really like how you address the war issue by bringing in the UN villain. I think you could select better wording for the immigration line to make the point clearer.

Awsome.

I thought that ad had some problems. First, even though Ron Paul wants to end subsidies, it may not play well in Iowa because of corn subsidies. I think Iowa republicans are more interested in a national defense message or low taxes or similar issues.

Pot is still taboo in republican political ads. Although it may be true that Paul would end the war on drugs, we would be foolish to think this position will win very many voters. And we could lose a lot if we look like hippies to the general public. Most legalization people will be voting for Ron Paul even if his pot position never airs on TV.

Getting the govt. out of health care and education may also be too radical for mainstream republicans. Though true, this may be something they need to discover for themselves instead of something to broadcast over the airwaves.

I really think winning the fiscal discipline and national defense arguments should be the first order of business. We need to demonstrate real conservatism and strength to gain attention, I think.

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 07:33 PM
I can tell you right now. Most of these are 60 second ads, at best. Are you sure you want to stick with a 30 second ad? As I said before, the ads I've seen of Reagan's were all 60 seconds in length.

skiingff
08-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I can tell you right now. Most of these are 60 second ads, at best. Are you sure you want to stick with a 30 second ad? As I said before, the ads I've seen of Reagan's were all 60 seconds in length.

We'll see how things develop. All options are on the table. I will need to look at pricing, etc for the 60 sec.

mtmedlin
08-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I voted for #19 mainly because it hits the issues that are important in NH. The message is simple and effective. I hear some talk about using focus groups but it is so much easier to use the already existing polling samples. The pollsters use focus groups and research data and if you look at the polls being used in each state then you know the issues that are important. Also, look at other presidential candidates and see what they are talking about in those states. They have already spent the money on research and when multiple candidates are focusing on similar messages, its fairly easy to extrapolate the information. Its one of the most basic techniques used by us non-Ivy league idiots who only do this type of work every election but how would I know since I have only 189 credit hours in Business (Marketing), Political Science, and Education (specializing in disabilities <----lots of Psychology and human interaction study)

PS. my LSAT score was only 159, nope I am not the brightest but I did turn down going to Stetson and getting my JD in Advocacy law because I chose to teach government inside a juvenile prison instead of being another lawyer.
I guess now that I have that out, I'll let it rest. I feel better

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Well, mtmedlin, I also think we should be consulting some PR/advertising professionals, that are versed in creating the desired image. Or does anyone here, have those credentials? If so, great.

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Folks, the plan is to create an ad for New Hampshire, South Carolina and Iowa, am I correct? If so, shouldn't we start this whole thing with a list of the hot points for the voters in each of those states and see where they overlap?

mtmedlin
08-19-2007, 07:50 PM
I dont think we need to craft a desired image and waste money on it. the image has already been outlined over 20 years and he has outlined it in his brochures. If we state his postions that he has outlined and dont try to be overly cute with our delivery then we can bank the additional monies and spend them on additional airtime spots.

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 07:53 PM
I have a question for those of you who are programmers.

When you are assigned a programming assignment, do you go off and just start programming the first thing that pops in your head, or do you first find out what the code is supposed to do? Because what is happening with this ad right now, seems more like the former, rather than the latter.

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 07:56 PM
I dont think we need to craft a desired image and waste money on it. the image has already been outlined over 20 years and he has outlined it in his brochures. If we state his postions that he has outlined and dont try to be overly cute with our delivery then we can bank the additional monies and spend them on additional airtime spots.

It is not a waste of money. Nor is anyone trying to change Dr. Paul. That is not what this is about. It is to make damned sure that our ad does a good job of portraying what we are intending. These people are experts at that. Distasteful as you may find it, that is why these people are paid the big bucks. Possibly, we have some in the RP movement and can ask for their assistance.

We are putting the cart before the horse here. Do we even know the hot item list for the states in which we plan to run these ads? We at least should ask the Meetup groups from these areas, if not grab the research that mtmedlin says exists from the other candidates.

ronpaulhawaii
08-19-2007, 07:56 PM
I voted for #19 mainly because it hits the issues that are important in NH. The message is simple and effective. I hear some talk about using focus groups but it is so much easier to use the already existing polling samples. The pollsters use focus groups and research data and if you look at the polls being used in each state then you know the issues that are important. Also, look at other presidential candidates and see what they are talking about in those states. They have already spent the money on research and when multiple candidates are focusing on similar messages, its fairly easy to extrapolate the information. Its one of the most basic techniques used by us non-Ivy league idiots who only do this type of work every election but how would I know since I have only 189 credit hours in Business (Marketing), Political Science, and Education (specializing in disabilities <----lots of Psychology and human interaction study)

PS. my LSAT score was only 159, nope I am not the brightest but I did turn down going to Stetson and getting my JD in Advocacy law because I chose to teach government inside a juvenile prison instead of being another lawyer.
I guess now that I have that out, I'll let it rest. I feel better

LOL - Good point about the focus group data thing.

I voted for 7 for a few reasons (mainly that it emphasized grassroots, distancing RP from our effort). It didn't say much, which can be a good thing...

Many submissions were great, all good, some silly, some long.

19 will work, could use some tweaking, IMHO; but then, what do I know...

m

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 07:57 PM
If we're going to do this people, LET'S DO IT RIGHT. Ok?

mtmedlin
08-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Folks, the plan is to create an ad for New Hampshire, South Carolina and Iowa, am I correct? If so, shouldn't we start this whole thing with a list of the hot points for the voters in each of those states and see where they overlap?

Yes, you are correct.
this is why i like #19 with some tweaks.
1. Agriculture must be in the ad. Very important to all three states that you listed.
2. No Child left Behind is HORRIBLE and disliked by every teacher I have ever worked with.
3. the war is not popular nationwide, but I think that we need to be careful hear because Iowa and S. Carolina tend to be a little more pro-military. this is why i think we need to add something in there about him going after Bin laden but against Iraq ( RP voted to go after the tali ban and Bin Laden in Afghanistan but NO to the Iraq War. As President he will never ask me to fight and die to enforce UN Resolutions)
4. The immigration issue is hot in ALL states but especially so with states that have a large part of their economy in agriculture.
5. Instead of a kid in a pot shirt, we might see if we can get a morphing of several kids, from different nationalities and religions to quickly morph through them and then deliver the line.

Simple, effective, and can be done in 30 seconds.

mtmedlin
08-19-2007, 08:04 PM
It is not a waste of money. Nor is anyone trying to change Dr. Paul. That is not what this is about. It is to make damned sure that our ad does a good job of portraying what we are intending. These people are experts at that.

We are putting the cart before the horse here. Do we even know the hot item list for the states in which we plan to run these ads? We at least should ask the Meetup groups from these areas, if not grab the research that mtmedlin says exists from the other candidates.

I commend you passion and your desire for expertise but I think that you place a little too much significance on these experts. I have worked with MANY and most aren't that good. The Carvel and Roves are VERY rare. If this is the direction that this group decides and spends the money on hiring some people, then I will be saddened that the money was spent in a manner that I disagree but it will not slow down my funds from helping this endeavor. You don't have to spend money on what you can glean from other camps that have already spent the money.

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 08:06 PM
"from different nationalities and religions to quickly morph through them and then deliver the line."

Are you a Republican? I ask, because this to me does not seem like a big selling point here.

You say I'm correct about needing a list of hot points for each state that we plan to advertise in, yet you proceed with "this is why *I* like...." Do you already have these lists, or are you telling us that you have lived in all these places and "know"? Just wondering.

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 08:09 PM
I commend you passion and your desire for expertise but I think that you place a little too much significance on these experts. I have worked with MANY and most aren't that good. The Carvel and Roves are VERY rare. If this is the direction that this group decides and spends the money on hiring some people, then I will be saddened that the money was spent in a manner that I disagree but it will not slow down my funds from helping this endeavor. You don't have to spend money on what you can glean from other camps that have already spent the money.

I agree that if we can gather information from others, we should do so. By all means. WHERE IS IT? Because I'm not seeing anything of the sort here. All I see are a bunch of people who went out and wrote scripts without knowledge of the hot issues in each of the states where we plan to run these ads and with none of this knowledge that you say we can glean from other camps.

Shouldn't we have this information BEFORE we start writing the scripts? What good will it do us AFTER the fact? So, we can tell how we screwed up, or what?

Like I said.... cart before the horse.

thomj76
08-19-2007, 08:09 PM
As someone who just had a promotional video made for a project, I can attest first hand how costs skyrocket the moment you talk about getting a film crew anywhere with their cameras. My primary concern here is that if costs run up, that means less money to run the ads.

Reagan may have run 60 sec ads, however, Reagan's budget was much larger relatively speaking.

If we can get the points across without incurring large cost, it provides more budget for more airtime.

Pro-bono is great, however, the moment you need something else, it's bono v. bono ;)

mtmedlin
08-19-2007, 08:20 PM
the hot points are easy to find, I go to my local college and use their computers. Most in the poli sci area have a subscription to either Zogby or Ramussen. There are paid polls and polls that they put out for free. Tons of good information and no you don't have to live there to know. Most experts don't live in places that they research for candidates. I personally specialize in the Florida I-4 corridor but that is where I live. I have written position papers on a multitude of places and did most of the research using a software program for empirical political analysis.

as far as as the morphing, you would have to be looking at the 19th commercial idea. He suggests that we use a kid in a pot shirt to say "RP is the only politician who believes I have a right to live my life how i choose, as an individual"
I personally don't like the use of the pot shirt because it offends more then it will bring in. The morphing can be used to express multiple different people with varied interests/nationalities/religions etc. We can have someone that looks a little like a stoner and let people self identify. If each person had some form of RP support on them (t-shirt, button, bandanna, ???) it furthers the concept that RP isn't for a single group, that he crosses the line to being American first and Republican second. I would love for some of the people to where shirts that say "Democrats for RP" and other messages that show the unique nature of this campaign. RP is a true uniter and that is an issue that speaks to all Americans. Approval of congress is at its lowest level and mainly because the perception is that they are a bunch of old white guys that are in it for themselves and wont work together. The morphing is an attempt to address this.
Its just an idea that I had to take the place of the pot t-shirt.

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Ok mtmedlin. Is this future tense or past tense? Have you done this already or not? If so, what are they? List them here for us, please. This is the information we need BEFORE the ads are developed. Not AFTER.

And I agree... no pot shirt. Maybe that would go over in New Hampshire. I don't know. But, I can most definitely tell you it will NOT go over with bible belt Republicans.

constituent
08-19-2007, 08:23 PM
where are the poll results?

mtmedlin
08-19-2007, 08:27 PM
I agree that if we can gather information from others, we should do so. By all means. WHERE IS IT? Because I'm not seeing anything of the sort here. All I see are a bunch of people who went out and wrote scripts without knowledge of the hot issues in each of the states where we plan to run these ads and with none of this knowledge that you say we can glean from other camps.

Shouldn't we have this information BEFORE we start writing the scripts? What good will it do us AFTER the fact? So, we can tell how we screwed up, or what?

Like I said.... cart before the horse.

I personally like to use debate footage. Republican and Democrat. This will give you a broader spectrum of the issues. Then research some of the polls. Then look at the amendments to state constitutions and see how the polling is going on them. If a state is about to adopt medicinal marijuana or gay marriage then we know that it is more of a liberal state and those are two hot issues. Research what bills and earmarks are being introduced by the Representatives to congress. They will be in line with the hot issues.
I think that writing the scripts was a little too early but they can be tailored. Nothing is set in stone.

ronpaulhawaii
08-19-2007, 08:31 PM
2. No Child left Behind is HORRIBLE and disliked by every teacher I have ever worked with.

Ain't that the truth...

[quote=LibertyEagle;135271Are you a Republican? I ask, because this to me does not seem like a big selling point here.

[/quote]

Do we want this ad only targeting republicans?

Voting may change the cards but...

scenes while driving from the road, passing RP signs, or going under an overpass with a RP banner hanging]

Mother with children in her home: "RP wants to reform our healthcare and educational systems - so I am free to choose how my children grow and learn"

Soldier in fatigues: "RP voted YES to go after terrorists, and NO to nation building in Iraq. He has never asked me to fight and die to enforce UN Resolutions"

College kid in dorm room (a black female with a Bob Marley shirt): "RP is the only politician who believes I have a right to live my life how i choose, as an individual"

Group - "We are standing up for all of Our Rights - Vote Ron Paul for President in 2008!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
v.2

The morph idea would take some time but is better...

My old italian grandfather used to say, "Eh, boy, don taka too much the worl serios, unless, of course, they worl serias tickets; take them, go to the game

mtmedlin
08-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Nationally the top three hot issues are

1. War in Iraq (nearly 67 - 71% against- Zogby)
2. Immigration- the trend is against amnesty (most don't understand birthright citizenship)
3. Taxes/overspending budget

Specific to Iowa, NH, S. Carolina
the top three are important but also need to include trade agreements. They are hurting all threes economies. Immigration ties in well with this issue. Stay away from subsidy reform or removal. Not a poplar topic, especially in IOWA. Education reform and the removal of restrictive No Child Left Behind is big in NH, less in Iowa and S. Carolina but will get points. Abortion is always popular in conservative states like Iowa and S. Carolina but a Republican saying that they are pro-life is so common it gets little attention.
These are the basic notes that I made last time I was up at USF (my university) If you want me to site the individual polls and the pollsters who took them you will have to wait a couple weeks until I can get back out there. In all honesty though if you look at the different well funded candidates and listen to what they say in each state, you will find that their message will match what I have posted. I hope this helps and for tonight I say goodbye.

My daughters have to go to school tomorrow. My youngest is entering kindergarten <----sad to see her grow up.

MsDoodahs
08-19-2007, 08:49 PM
QUOTE=ronpaulitician;127757]Not NH specific polling data, but...

issues most important to voters (http://www.pollingreport.com/prioriti.htm)[/QUOTE]

This is from ronpaulitician in another thread where I had asked about target audience and what issues are most important.

LibertyEagle
08-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks for listing those, mtmedlin.

mtmedlin
08-20-2007, 07:26 AM
I was reading Pat Buchanans oficial website and it has TONS of RP material on it. If there any way that we can get a video taped endorsement and add it to the commercial? He had alot of support in NH.

ronpaulhawaii
08-20-2007, 07:37 AM
where are the poll results?

There is a blind link under the vote button

jabbott0
08-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Here is the video I made recently that uses the Ron Paul mosaic image:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d4Cv05CcGps

I could make it half a minute if I took out most of the Jefferson quotes, and just focused on the "medicine" theme. I don't think it could air on TV though because of the song copyright. Although I do know somebody that might be able to contact Yoko Ono, there is still no guarantee that I could get permission to use it. I could always change the song also.