PDA

View Full Version : Israel threatens to unleash 'holocaust' in Gaza

New Governor Of Alaska
03-01-2008, 04:39 PM
From British Times:

An Israeli minister gave warning yesterday that the Gaza faces a “holocaust” if Islamist militants there do not end their daily barrages of home-made Qassam rockets, and their increasing use of Iranian-built Grad missiles.

“The more Qassam fire intensifies and the rockets reach a longer range, they will bring upon themselves a bigger holocaust because we will use all our might to defend ourselves,” Matan Vilnai, the Deputy Defence Minister said.

The use of the term "holocaust" is usually restricted to descriptions of the Nazi genocide of the Jews in Europe in the Second World War, and many Israelis resent its use in any other context. Mr Vilnai’s deployment of the word appeared to show Israel’s growing frustration that Hamas and other militant groups in Gaza refuse to curb their attacks, despite heavy tolls inflicted in Israeli air strikes and tank raids.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article3459144.ece

Give me liberty
03-01-2008, 05:53 PM
So many defenders of israel on the comment part lol

New Governor Of Alaska
03-02-2008, 01:42 PM
This thread was visited 53 times, but one one man posted his opinion.

Banana
03-02-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm just not getting why should I give a hoot one way or another.

I know what I'm for and it's non-interventionism. I have no interest in figuring out who's wrong, who's right, who's being the terrorists. That's a problem between them to figure out.

Ron Paul already said that if he was president, he'd end foreign aids to *everyone*. That'll fix the problem nicely. Even if he isn't elected as POTUS, the prerogative is still upon us to press our representatives to end the aid.

So why 50x threads about news in Middle East? I'd care more if it was a call to end *any* form of foreign aids, regardless of who gets it, really.

New Governor Of Alaska
03-02-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm just not getting why should I give a hoot one way or another.

Well, if you are an American than you do know that your money go to support Israel. Correct?
You also know what Israel is doing with your money - Israel buys arms to occupy Palestine and kill Pepestinian people.
This is called genocide.

If not America's financial support, the genocide of Palestinian people won't be happening.
Do Americans propest financial support of Israeli war machine? No, they don't. Which means that American people support genocide.

constitutional
03-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Well, if you are an American than you do know that your money go to support Israel. Correct?
You also know what Israel is doing with your money - Israel buys arms to occupy Palestine and kill Pepestinian people.
This is called genocide.

If not America's financial support, the genocide of Palestinian people won't be happening.
Do Americans propest financial support of Israeli war machine? No, they don't. Which means that American people support genocide.

Bullshit. Don't ever say anything similar to your last line. We all understand what's the problem here. Americans don't support genocide, they are just fucking dumb to understand and unravel this mess.

Banana
03-02-2008, 02:40 PM
NGOA, Re-read my post.

hyoomen
03-02-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm all for non-interventionism, though I do think through genuine diplomacy and trade we can shift mindsets away from the bloodshed currently going on in Israel & Palestine. If Palestine falls (further victim) to the IDF, the people to blame will be the United Nations (in which we play a part, like it or not).

Israel is not held to the same level of accountability as all other nations. If they were, this wouldn't be a problem. If, conversely, we didn't hold everybody else to the standards we profess to be just (through UN resolutions and otherwise), then we'd similarly have less of an issue ongoing because the Palestinians wouldn't have been dragged along for so long behind a baby blue armored vehicle.

Cut foreign funding, recuse ourselves from UN resolutions on such matters (until a time we can part ways w/ the UN entirely), and try to encourage diplomatic relations to strengthen again.

BTW, the persistence of Palestinian terrorists/guerilla warfare in the face of the overwhelming IDF is the perfect example of why there will never be success in a 'war on terror'.

New Governor Of Alaska
03-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Bullshit. Don't ever say anything similar to your last line. We all understand what's the problem here. Americans don't support genocide, they are just fucking dumb to understand and unravel this mess.

TheAmistad, you sound angry just because it hurts to hear the truth.

TheAmistad, I didn't say the Ron Paul supporters, I said American people.
If you take time to speak with people outside Ron Paul's circle then you will find plenty of prove to what I said.

Go outside, talk to people and you will hear something like - We need to wipe out all those camel jockeys.... We need to nuke those terrorists, we need to turn the Middle East into a parking lot and then build condominiums....

Again, I am not referring to the Ron Paul supporters. But mark my words - Americans will be charged with genocide of Paletinian people. American people cannot say later that they didn't know that their money have been given to Israel which then used US dollars to buy weapons.

Americans DO know what's going on, but they are NOT protesting.

By the way, how much did the Germans pay for the Holocaust?

Independent Operator
03-02-2008, 07:59 PM
gawd, i'm totally sick and tired of israel.

here is my idea to end the conflict. how about we give all the land stolen for israel back to the palestinians, and erect a new israel in the united states, and establish it in the same way. maybe in an area of the country where there is a predominance of israel supporters.

the israel supporters should be all for this. they could give up their land at gunpoint free-of-charge for the "new israel." it would give them the warm fuzzies for doing the right thing.

akalucas
03-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Israel is only copying our foreign policy and remember we along with Europe set up Israel. So if there's some country to be tired of it should be USA. Before we go and judge and remove the speck of another's eye we should concentrate on removing the speck of our own eye. 800,000 people died in Iraq cause of sanctions imposed on them by UN which were pushed by USA. 80% of those were under the age of 5. 800,000 people!! yet when Israel kills 60 people people come in this board screaming bloody murder and posting countless threads on it basically saying "down with Israel!" That energy is better spent on trying to change this country than pointing fingers at others.

Zolah
03-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Israel is one of the best current examples of why intervention doesn't work, the first step AWAY from war and TOWARDS peace, will be to stop funding Israel.

ryanmkeisling
03-02-2008, 11:04 PM
TheAmistad, you sound angry just because it hurts to hear the truth.

TheAmistad, I didn't say the Ron Paul supporters, I said American people.
If you take time to speak with people outside Ron Paul's circle then you will find plenty of prove to what I said.

Go outside, talk to people and you will hear something like - We need to wipe out all those camel jockeys.... We need to nuke those terrorists, we need to turn the Middle East into a parking lot and then build condominiums....

Again, I am not referring to the Ron Paul supporters. But mark my words - Americans will be charged with genocide of Paletinian people. American people cannot say later that they didn't know that their money have been given to Israel which then used US dollars to buy weapons.

Americans DO know what's going on, but they are NOT protesting.

By the way, how much did the Germans pay for the Holocaust?

I do see a good deal of this sort of sentiment everywhere, and we may be part of the problem there but this genocide is not OUR fault as Americans. At some point we have to face the facts:
1)The american political system is broken and entirely corrupt. it does not matter what the majority of Americans think, moneyed interests will have their way. Traditional avenues of change all have roadblocks; it's the invisible wall.
2)The conflict in that part of the world has been ongoing for sometime and we did not create it; although we helped and continue to.
3)The palestinians are not the only people undergoing a systematic genocide. What about the Tibetans? China has basically been destroying its people and its culture, brutally, since Isreal was created. The entire world sat back and did nothing and still does nothing aside from social/political organizations like save tibet, etc. And they are powerless to do anything. And these are an entirely peaceful people whereas the Palestinians are not and never have been.
4)Israel has wealth and plenty of weapons, including nuclear. They do not really need us and the destruction of the palestinian people would certainly continue with or without our support. They just would not have the massive scary ally and the great weapons we produce, but they would still be free to destroy palestine, or whats left of it. War and conflict have existed in this part of the world since roman times and this has nothing to do with the United States, we just should have stayed out of it.

The real problem is that we had to take Israel's side because we did the same thing in this countries beginning X 10. We came here and destroyed 500 indian nations through extremely brutal and repressive means so we could have our homeland. Then relegated them all to the most worthless pieces of land availible. Sound familiar? Could we honestly stand up and say that Israel has no right? What would that mean for us? That we should all give up our cushy way of life and give everything back to the Indians? They would probably kill us all and rightfully. Our own history is far worse than the Israel/Palestine conflict and we need to cause massive change here first, before the rest of the world can start to heal.

I am a Jew and I hate Israel, but those same things disgust me about my own country. Change will have to start with the MONEY as that is what controls everything, or more importantly those who have it have control.

ChooseLiberty
03-03-2008, 12:20 AM
The Israeli leadership is INSANE. Even more than Bush. They are all trying to play out some mythological rantings from 2000+ years ago.

ChooseLiberty
03-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Actually from what I read about 80-90% of the Native American population was wiped out by European diseases. Not that that excuses that treatment of the rest.

BTW - at least Americans weren't as bad as Australians who used to hunt the Aborigines for sport. You don't hear much about that tho.

The real problem is that we had to take Israel's side because we did the same thing in this countries beginning X 10. We came here and destroyed 500 indian nations through extremely brutal and repressive means so we could have our homeland. Then relegated them all to the most worthless pieces of land availible. Sound familiar?

Luft97
03-03-2008, 12:35 AM
It is a shame we didn't practice non-interventionism in 1967... Things might be alot different now..

VoteForRonPaul
03-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Not correct.
How much money America gives Israel a year? 3 Billions
The people in America pay about 1000 billion in income tax a year.
Who pay those taxes? All kinds of people including Muslims and Arabs. It all depends on the intentions of the individual. If anybody pays taxes, that does not mean he is contributing in these 3 Billions, but instead his money could be going into many other fields like education programs etc....
Another point, the 3 Billions could actually be coming from China, and that is exactly what the American government is doing. Taxes are not enough to pay for anything. The government borrows from China to cover the costs of war and to subsidize other countries. So I wonder if you should blame China too? :confused:

That is also a not correct statement.
The Israeli Economy is so powerful enough to cover all costs. You want us to believe that Israel without 3 Billion dollars will collapse, give me a break!

Do Americans protest financial support of Israeli war machine? No, they don't. Which means that American people support genocide.
Based on your false argument, most Americans should not be blamed, except those who intentionally support the Israeli genocide.

"Every soul draws the meed of its acts on none but itself: no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another."

ryanmkeisling
03-03-2008, 01:22 AM
Actually from what I read about 80-90% of the Native American population was wiped out by European diseases. Not that that excuses that treatment of the rest.

BTW - at least Americans weren't as bad as Australians who used to hunt the Aborigines for sport. You don't hear much about that tho.

You are pretty much correct i.e. early forms of biological warfare. The colonists used to infect their beddings and what not and then they would fall into the indians possession through various means. Because the indians did not have immune systems that could fight the diseases off, they would die, en masse. The colonists would do this on purpose in many cases as it became apparent, very early on, that the communicable illnesses would have this effect. The destruction was planned, brutal, and systematic. The indians were viewed as savages and blacks were viewed as possessions. We are not talking about people cultured by humanity. When they said "all men were created equal" they were, at that time, talking about white men of European descent. I agree about the Australians and also what the British did to India was despicable as well, on and on. Empires often find themselves in these positions and cannot help but expand in pursuit of wealth and resources.

People hate when I say or write this but 100 years ago the worlds most prominent religion was Buddhism. Today it is Christianity. Historically Buddhist countries are peaceful, cultured and liberated places while Christians are historically violent, murderous and prone to domination through force. This is why the British easily colonized India and also why the Chinese easily overthrew Tibet. They were both heavily Buddhist countries with little to no military or interest in warfare. And they were fantastic and culturally diverse civilizations. You never here much about that either.

Dr.3D
03-03-2008, 01:33 AM
You are pretty much correct i.e. early forms of biological warfare. The colonists used to infect their beddings and what not and then they would fall into the indians possession through various means. Because the indians did not have immune systems that could fight the diseases off, they would die, en masse. The colonists would do this on purpose in many cases as it became apparent, very early on, that the communicable illnesses would have this effect. The destruction was planned, brutal, and systematic. The indians were viewed as savages and blacks were viewed as possessions. We are not talking about people cultured by humanity. When they said "all men were created equal" they were, at that time, talking about white men of European descent. I agree about the Australians and also what the British did to India was despicable as well, on and on. Empires often find themselves in these positions and cannot help but expand in pursuit of wealth and resources.

People hate when I say or write this but 100 years ago the worlds most prominent religion was Buddhism. Today it is Christianity. Historically Buddhist countries are peaceful, cultured and liberated places while Christians are historically violent, murderous and prone to domination through force. This is why the British easily colonized India and also why the Chinese easily overthrew Tibet. They were both heavily Buddhist countries with little to no military or interest in warfare. And they were fantastic and culturally diverse civilizations. You never here much about that either.

Please don't confuse Catholicism with Christianity. I hesitate to explain why I say this but there is a difference.

And, yes, the United States government actually had brass toe tags made up so they could put numbers on them to keep track of the Native Americans they had killed. I understand the expression, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian." was used back then.

ryanmkeisling
03-03-2008, 01:45 AM
I don't confuse the two but monotheistic religion is certainly at the heart of the matter, but that is just my opinion and not stated as a fact, although there is a wealth of evidence to support this. I will agree that Jesus Christ was a great mystic and promoted a peaceful philosophy promoted in the Gospels, but the thing about any dogmatic religion is you are asked, or made, to believe certain facts about your existence and the universe, blindly. Once you can be made to believe something blindly, you can be made to believe anything. It is college for sheeple. Constantine knew this and was quick to harness the power of religion for thought control, moral control and military control. I know these are not popular things to say and I am not saying all people of the Christian faith are evil but their minds are not typically open. They live under constant threat of hell unless they do what they are supposed to, and this is a philosophy based on fear based morality.

Dr.3D
03-03-2008, 02:07 AM
I don't confuse the two but monotheistic religion is certainly at the heart of the matter, but that is just my opinion and not stated as a fact, although there is a wealth of evidence to support this. I will agree that Jesus Christ was a great mystic and promoted a peaceful philosophy promoted in the Gospels, but the thing about any dogmatic religion is you are asked, or made, to believe certain facts about your existence and the universe, blindly. Once you can be made to believe something blindly, you can be made to believe anything. It is college for sheeple. Constantine knew this and was quick to harness the power of religion for thought control, moral control and military control. I know these are not popular things to say and I am not saying all people of the Christian faith are evil but their minds are not typically open. They live under constant threat of hell unless they do what they are supposed to, and this is a philosophy based on fear based morality.

Well, the reason I brought this up is because the Vatican is responsible for all of the problems you have been addressing toward Christians. The Roman Catholic Church (AKA, the Vatican) was the one who migrated to England and Spain and all around the world, making a sort of Vatican empire if you will. It proclaimed itself to be the mother of all Christian Churches and went about trying to prove it.

Myself, I don't even associate true Christianity with the Vatican, so I am non denominational. I don't even want to be called protestant, because that would be associating myself with the Vatican as in protest. I don't protest it because I don't recognize it as having anything to do with Christianity.

Zolah
03-03-2008, 02:08 AM
It is a shame we didn't practice non-interventionism in 1967... Things might be alot different now..

Or in 1946 onwards when America funded the Vietnamese and armed them to the teeth (which they found very useful in the America-Vietnam war)

Or at the exact same time when America gave billions of dollars to France...who were fighting the Vietnamese