PDA

View Full Version : Whites to become minority in U.S. by 2050

rpfan2008
03-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Whites to become minority in U.S. by 2050 (http://en.redtram.com/go/73021971/)

he U.S. population will grow to 438 million in 2050 from 296 million in 2005 if current population trends continue. Non-Hispanic whites would account for 47% of the total in 2050, Reuters reports. By that time, one in every five Americans will be a foreign-born immigrant, compared to one in eight in 2005. Almost half of the new immigrants arriving the country will be from Latin American countries, said Jeffrey S. Passel from the Pew Hispanic Center.

Of the 117 million people added to the population in this period due to the effect of new immigration, 67 million will be the immigrants themselves and 50 million will be their U.S.-born children or grandchildren. The Latino population, the nation's largest minority, will triple in size. Latinos will be responsible for 60% of the population growth until 2050. They will account for 29% of the population, or 128 million in 2050, up from 14 percent now, the study said.

«The number of whites with their lower fertility rate will increase, but only by 4%» said D'Vera Cohn, one of the report's authors. The Asian population will almost double in percentage terms, from 5 to 9%, while blacks will remain around 13% of the total, the report said.

At the same time, the elderly population will more than double as the baby boom generation retires. The number of children and working-age people will grow more slowly.

Akus
03-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Forget that, we've got the democracy to spread...

nate895
03-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Well, it is going to happen since every white kid is too busy partying and having abortions to have kids.

Ex Post Facto
03-01-2008, 01:13 PM
I don't know about the rest of you...Kids have become a financial decision. It's tough enough when you don't qualify for any assistance, or have 20 family members living in the same household. Hillary was right, it take a village to raise a child, and it's because of a decline in the dollar.

libertarian4321
03-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Whites to become minority in U.S. by 2050 (http://en.redtram.com/go/73021971/)

So what?

gerryb
03-01-2008, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't expect to find this type of collectivist thinking here...

majinkoola
03-01-2008, 01:18 PM

The OP posted a link. Didn't make any comments about it. How is that collectivist thinking on his part?

PopeDonzel
03-01-2008, 01:18 PM
I'll believe it if it actually happens.

Bradley in DC
03-01-2008, 01:32 PM

+1

jbuttell
03-01-2008, 01:46 PM
While I understand why some of you would want to focus on the potentially racist aspect of such a story/concern - but theres more to it than race.

Those statistics don't just imply a chance of skin color - but represent to some people a continued erosion of the country and culture itself. It wouldn't be scary if immigrants were coming in and assimilating, but that increasingly isn't the case.

Watch people marching through the streets of Los Angeles with Mexican flags protesting "anti-illegalimmigration" legistlation/enforcement and then honestly tell me you don't see a problem with that.

Open your mind, people who voice these concerns aren't always (and mostly aren't) just a bunch of racists. These are legitimate concerns in my opinion. You think the concerned citizens standing on the US/Mexican border are just a bunch of collectivist racists? They have no valid concerns over the huge illegal immigration problem?

If people were flooding in from nations waving american flags - learning our history and truely severing their alegences with their mother countries, news like this would be of no useful substance - unfortunately it isn't.

.jeremy

rpfan2008
03-01-2008, 01:47 PM

+1

regarding your concerns I will say that I posted this thread just to bring the ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION issue to your attention. I don't have any class based discrimination in my mind. And if you read between the lines, they are pointing to the illegal Mexican infiltrators not the American Latinos.

And btw what happens to US demographics is just a matter of statistics to me. cuz I am not an American and definitely not a white either. :)

rpfan2008
03-01-2008, 01:49 PM
While I understand why some of you would want to focus on the potentially racist aspect of such a story/concern - but theres more to it than race.

Those statistics don't just imply a chance of skin color - but represent to some people a continued erosion of the country and culture itself. It wouldn't be scary if immigrants were coming in and assimilating, but that increasingly isn't the case.

Watch people marching through the streets of Los Angeles with Mexican flags protesting "anti-illegalimmigration" legistlation/enforcement and then honestly tell me you don't see a problem with that.

Open your mind, people who voice these concerns aren't always (and mostly aren't) just a bunch of racists. These are legitimate concerns in my opinion. You think the concerned citizens standing on the US/Mexican border are just a bunch of collectivist racists? They have no valid concerns over the huge illegal immigration problem?

If people were flooding in from nations waving american flags - learning our history and truely severing their alegences with their mother countries, news like this would be of no useful substance - unfortunately it isn't.

.jeremy

exactly

nbhadja
03-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm Indian and I even favor less immigration. It's true, a lot of immigrants could really care less about this country. They just come for the economic opportunities.