PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul being ignored (Local Paper)

0zzy
08-16-2007, 03:26 AM
I was at the Iowa straw poll on Saturday. A staff member from the Brownback campaign told me that Romney spent around $5 million for the straw poll and it was evident from what I saw. Brownback couldn't have been too far behind in monies spent as could easily be seen. Hundreds of bus loads of people were shipped into Ames by both the Romney and Brownback campaigns. The truth of what happened was quite evident when we were in the Hilton Coliseum for the results announcement. Nearly three quarters of those in the Coliseum were Ron Paul supporters as was seen on footage from both CSPAN and Fox. You could have counted Romney and Brownback supporters on two hands.

Huckabee and Tancredo had fairly good representation waiting for the results but there were still more Ron Paul supporters there than all other candidate supporters put together. Fox News skipped Ron Paul's name going from Tancredo to Tommy Thompson and refused to even make a mention of Ron Paul. For a candidate who posted a strong 9.1 percent of the vote while being blatantly ignored and ridiculed by the media is a statement that can't be denied. Giuliani and McCain as well as Fred Thompson refused to go to Iowa for one reason. They have no support there as they don't in most parts of the country. In Oregon they booed Giuliani everywhere he went.

There is a new paradigm in politics occurring today. If the mainstream media does not acknowledge it and start reporting the truth it will lose all credibility with the people. The backlash could be irreparable.
News Leader (Springfield, Missouri) (http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070816/OPINIONS03/708160305/1006)

Ron Paul Fan
08-16-2007, 03:39 AM
Let's Digg it! No, but it's a good article calling out Fox News and the mainstream media for not reporting the accurate straw poll results. I don't know about Giuliani, McCain, and Thompson having no support around the country though. They obviously have some support, but only because the media props them up and ignores anyone who isn't one of them. I wish there was more backlash like the writer is talking about.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-16-2007, 09:03 AM
I just emailed Fox News (weekend live show) that Springfield MO paper reporting that Fox is losing credibility for not reporting on Ron Paul with a link to the article.

If you want to email other shows (I didn't know which one to go with) go here:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77538,00.html

Roxi
08-16-2007, 11:17 AM
keep in mind that was a reader letter to the newspaper from jim palmisano who is the missouri coordinator and the springfield meetup group organizer as well as several other groups.. He may also have something to do with vote in sunshine.. He is the one that coordinated the KC rally