PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Delegate Bomb March 3rd Important Please Pin

golfboy
03-01-2008, 03:33 AM
We are having a delegate bomb in Nebraska on Monday to get all republican supporters registered to become delegates for the state conventions.

The way our election laws work here, your vote does not count unless you register as a delegate for the state convention. The caucuses mean nothing, and they just elect delegates to the state convention. Most delegates run unopposed, so we can have as many voters to the state convention as you want.

Do you hear that Ron Paul supporters? Nebraskans can go to the state convention as a delegate by filling out a single sheet of paper on Monday, March 3rd.

Since we have not had much success as we would liked to have getting delegates, we are hoping to organize a Delegate Bomb on Monday march 3rd. This is going to be a totally spontaneous movement supported by the campaign. This will be like a money bomb concept, except the official campaign can participate!

You've been waiting for this official campaign to show its muscle. Let's show them what we can do.

That's right folks, we can get people to go to the republican state convention and elect national delegates by filling out a sheet of paper.

In other places you've had to canvass and win 10's of thousands of sheeple votes to win a measly few delegates, with little results in any state.

Nebraska is a state that Ron Paul can easily take down all of the electoral votes by adopting the infrastructure we already have in place. By utilizing the money bomb concept, the campaign will officially be allowed to participate in a strategy to elect delegates. The more people the better.

The great thing about this folks, we can win a state outright and every vote, and rewrite the republican party platforms to our will. If we could reach every city in Nebraska, and most cities have a very small population, 10,000 people or under. We have a few medium sized cities that allow a good balance between rural life and city life around 20-30,000 people.

Do you hear that folks? If we can get 10 or 20 Ron Paul supporters to register as delegates, they can go to the convention with little effort. McCain and Huckabee are not organized here. There will be very few republican delegates supporting other candidates.

Nebraska has always been a place where liberty minded people go to work the land and earn their living. It's been built on self sustenance, and a immigrant work ethic. We discriminate against no one, and it's always been a place where hard working immigrants can come and enjoy the good life. We are largely a white state, but all of our ancestors have immigrated from other countries from unprivileged lives. This is a state where Ron Paul's words would resonate loudly. Virtually every value emphasized by Ron Paul is implemented here, and our state has always been at the mercy of what has been going around us. We produce large amounts of corn and beef, and we have hard working, well educated children. We have a large number of public and private schools, as well as scholarship opportunities. Walter Scott and Peter Kiewit have donated money to the university of Nebraska system and UNO to give students a full scholarship for their education every year. We are a state of hard workers that still have their kids play baseball and climb trees and play tackle football outdoors. When we get older, we ride atv's and drive tractors. Many people hunt, play golf, or play other outdoor sports such as football and tennis, and our high school gyms turn out many good volleyball players a year, and the occasional stud basketball and football player every year. Look at the 1995 husker team, that team was built with homegrown Nebraska football players that outworked everyone with a talented coach in Tom Osborne who also recruited strong players from other states such as Florida and Texas and California to a relatively sparsely populated state. Bo Pelini is still doing it today, and many Nebraskans feel like it will be the second coming of Jesus. Mark my word, Nebraska will be fearsome in football next year. I don't want to make predictions, but watch out! Some of us play golf on the many affordable private and public golf courses in the area. We have the most millionaires and billionaires per capita, and the most golf courses, corn, cows, and water per capita. Yes, fresh underground water. Omaha is very close to being a renaissance city with a lot of new development, include aksarben near the university of Omaha, and the university improving its recent dorms. That would be an awesome place to go to school folks, and will be in high demand in the coming years. Right now, it's priced lower than almost any state university, and will provide reasonable rates to out of staters, if you are a college student, i suggest you look up UNO. There are also a lot of different developments going on throughout the city, and downtown is a reformed abandoned warehouse business district that is the hottest place to party at night. Omaha has perfected the model for reviving declining and nearly abandoned urban areas. Nebraskans are just hard working honest people who go out and get a good education, and earn their way to a good life. There are no aristocrats, no trust fund babies, everyone here goes out and earns a good honest living. I would be willing to bet no one will debate me on that point. Nebraska will be in the perfect place where our youngsters raised in quality medium and small sized towns can mature and leave their mark on society. We have so many cheap abandoned buildings that are prime for small business owners to come in and take over, and start up a restaurant or microbrewery, or bakery, or any other small business at a reasonable price. Our city has been working very hard to bring the best of the big city life to Omaha, with the quest center, the Holland performing arts center, and many older civic facilities. We are also in negotiations for a ballpark which is mired in controversy, but can very easily be viable in the coming boom. We have a lot of smart, talented young students provided by incentives such as the gifted and talented program from grand island who went on and received full scholarships and tuition scholarships to local nebraska universities and have received a solid education. Nebraskans are the ones most affected by foreign trade policies, as we sell much of our corn and beef overseas, and have our incomes garnished for very little benefits. Our congressmen and candidates have all been self earned people, ranging from tom Osborne to pete ricketts and an incredible democratic candidate who almost won a red western district in scott kleeb. We have quality people and quality candidates who would all make awesome senators in other states, but quibble over our measly 3 house of representive seats and 2 senate seats. We don't make ripples, and we have to deal the best with the current situation that is happening around us.

The irresponsibility and recklessness of washington has hit us hard. We recieve nothing for all the taxes we pay. Police and firemen are provided on a local and state level. The highways are some of the finest in any state in the nation. We have hard working people who care about other people in public duty, including police, firemen, and doctors. UNMC and creighton pump out tons of the finest doctors and researchers every year, and any company could pick a name out of their recent graduating class and get an outstanding doctor trained in any specialty or research. Because of the current crisis with the way the medical system is run, these doctors and nurses are trained to do the best they can, but the jobs may not be out there at times. I'm going to school at UNO and I can't believe how many smart, talented, and hot people are in this city, along with many hard working students that work a part time job to pay for college. This city is a gold mine for companies looking for quality hard working people. Nebraskans came out in force for obama, defeating hillary one of her most crippling defeats ever in a republican caucus with 69 percent of the vote and overflowing caucus sites with people in the parking lot. Do you understand how ready this state is for change? Many of the college students here are well organized, educated, and just preparing for a job of some kind to get by. Nearly everyone i know goes to college and works their way through of it, and quite a few people are able to obtain scholarships and financial aid. The health care system is second to none as well, but prices are kept high by incompetent federal policies. You want to see how a hospital should be run, look no further than BTNRH/Creighton, UNMC, bryan lgh, st francis grand island, etc etc etc. Simple refinements to our health care system will allow doctors to do everything they can for their patients. UNO has one of the most active democrat college domocrat chapters in the nation, getting involved in local races and politics, and our college republicans stand right up there with them too. These are smart people who understand what needs to change, and how to do it. The Nebraska system is also about to implement a large technology upgrade and is constantly committed to improving education with large donor support, and very low tuition. In my opinion, if you want to solve any social problem in any state in America, come to nebraska and see how it's done. We have very little racial tension because all of us were immigrants at one time or another. The influx of Latinos has been welcome, they are some of the coolest and most hard working people i know. These are people that only know 9/11 and the iraqi war by what happened on TV, and watching their youngest and finest go off to serve. Many Nebraska men have gone and served admirably in iraq and their heroism should be commended. We are hard working people that provide the united states with a large amount of grain, meat, products, technology, services, and many smaller industries. We ask little, just to be left alone and be able to sell our products.

Does anyone grasp the significance of this small, sparsely populated state yet? 33 delegates up for the taking by filling out a single sheet of paper on monday by any registered republican. We don't have to focus on converting anyone, just a minority of a minority of passionate people who are willing to travel to a state convention and get delegates for Ron Paul.

I have emailed the campaign about this and they will be organized in very short order for this important day. The delegates are won or lost on march 3rd, not the caucus day. The caucus day is a mere formality, and most people in this state does not understand that. This is a very easy state to take by spontaneous grassroots effort, and it will be the greatest showing of grassroot power ever in one day. 33 electoral votes snapped up like that on one day where Ron Paul supporters turn out in force.

There is no one really organizing this, this is a classic spontaneous bomb concept, except this time there's no website or anything, but it's going to be organized by the campaign as well. Hopefully we can get a nice speech from Ron Paul pimping nebraska and how we share so many of the same values and get us out to vote. We are hoping for a letter to supporters, and possibly a video, but that may be asking a little much. Still, for 33 electoral votes, ron paul could come here for a suprise visit on monday and it would very much be worth his time. The caucus doesn't even matter, just come to Omaha or Lincoln or grand island for a spontaneous rally and get everyone to register on Monday. There are many political figures here that Ron Paul can easily convince and get alliances from, but you know how Nebraskans are...we don't rock the boat. We will vote for the best we can hope for and play ball with the current administration and upcoming administration. That's why we've been chummy with bush and obama, yet Hagel has been one of the only senators going on TV and coming out against the war on Iraq. I got excited when i heard the Hagel rumors about being a vp candidate, but that doesn't really have any substance though. You would have to admit though, he would be the de facto perfect running mate for Ron Paul in my opinion, a Texas man and a Nebraska man in support of liberty. Warren Buffet and many other very rich people live here quietly because they value the quiet life, and let's face it, many of them have mad their fortune here, and like Nebraska enough to stay here. As a state we have no debt and are pretty much self sufficient, and ask for nothing from the federal government. If we had to pay no taxes and receive no money from the government, that would suit every Nebraskan just fine. We're basically the richest state in the world when you consider the value of the corn and people that have grown here. Our economic impact is fairly understated for a small state.

I write to you as a fellow Ron Paul supporter asking for as much help and publicity as you can possibly get for the registration deadline coming up. It's one day where we can virtually assure 33 electoral votes with minimal effort. In terms of benefit, we can do more good here than any moneybomb.

What needs to be done:

chip ins for ads in the Sunday paper. 1 day to work on it...get on it people! That'd be awesome, but out of my means right now, so some one else would have to do it. I could easily give you papers to advertise in, and tv/radio stations if you wanted to go that far. It doesn't need to be that much though, but just a good read on ron paul and the connection to the Nebraska people. A full page ad shouldn't cost too much, but it is simply out of my personal means to organize right now. I've got a letter to the editor I'm hoping to get published Sunday. We'll see.

Fourtunatly, our strategy does not depend on any advertising or sign waving efforts at all. That's just eye candy and educating nebraskans. The caucus is merely a formality, and we could basically just turn it into a ron paul rally, winning the state with insane percentages. These would be percentages that could not be ignored by the mass media. All we need to do is find other Ron Paul supporters and make sure they are prepared to become delegates. It's simple as registering to vote.

my grand wish

Ron Paul to come out for a surprise rally in Omaha Monday or Sunday. It's time for the campaign that they're capable of quick, strategic decisions. Where else can they go to meet liberty minded people, form alliances with our fine representatives, and sweep an easy 33 electoral votes in the bag? I know Texas is important, but one day up here is a guaranteed STATE. Texas is a dogfight. Go after the low hanging fruit. If we can get some news out of this, ron paul supporters overflowing election offices to register as delegates, imagine what could be made out of this. We could nearly have a unprecedented victory in this state, winning by something insane like 80 percent to 20 percent in this state. The people are ripe for the message, it is time for the messenger to come. I've emailed the official campaign, but I need as many people working on this as we can.

Worst case, in the end we need to turn out as many people as we can to vote.

I would love to have an ad in all the major papers and a spontaneous rally on Sunday. This would show that the campaign is quick on its feet, and capable of making strategic decisions paying off in the future. Nebraska provides the perfect model for how the rest of the election will be won folks, and we can't drop the ball here. We've put off this for so long (in some cases almost intentionally) that this last ditch miracle desperation strategy is all we have right now. The greatest thing about all of it, it's easy.

to recap

please contact every ron paul supporter you know in nebraska

get them educated on the registration process

i hope someone from here can chime in on how to do so, as i have not done so yet and i am a test case myself for this scenario.

email campaign about this idea and suggest them to go to omaha sunday for a spontaneous rally. There are tons of facilities to put this in place on short notice if the campaign wants to take the reins here. For all those of you who have donated to the campaign and are upset about how they have spent your money, this is the perfect state for them to be held accountable for. Nebraska is all about getting organized, and not much attention is paid here.

please get as many eyeballs on this as possible and contact every Nebraska you know. We love to talk husker football to other football fans, a quick google search can lead to these forums. If you know any of these forum members that would be willing to endorse Ron Paul on the board and promote a rally, it would be easy to do.

I love the way the election is turning out. This is where Ron Paul, late in the game virtually assures himself of a win in one state, and gives him strong momentum going into Texas. If we can pull off a flashy enough rally on Sunday, the momentum will carry over strong in Texas, and the message will have spread to the most fertile lands in America and take root.

IT IS TIME FOR NEBRASKA TO SHOW THE WORLD HOW A REVOLUTION IS DONE

golfboy
03-01-2008, 04:49 AM
Mail sent out to meetups and campaign. Please do what you can to help, and pin this thread ASAP. This will only require a few small chip ins for newspaper ads, and lots of word of mouth. That just happens to be what the grassroots is best at.

THIS IS OUR LAST STAND. THIS IS THE TURNING POINT FOR THE RON PAUL REVOLUTION.

WE GO TO NEBRASKA, THROW A RALLY. WITH VICTORY IN NEBRASKA ASSURED, RON PAUL TAKES TEXAS AND BUILDS MOMENTUM FOR THE NATIONAL CONVENTION.

golfboy
03-01-2008, 06:10 AM
This would also be a great place for all the supporters that helped in iowa to mass if a campaign visit is ever scheduled. If we can get it to happen, all the supporters from western iowa that worked for the iowa caucus can come here for a hearty little rally and laugh at how easy we nebraskans have it.

:D

Sarge
03-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Has anyone been trying to get students and their families at the University to be delegates?

You might pick up a bunch, willing to sign up, at one location.

Good Luck! I hope you can pull it off, as I just can't stand the other choices.

The mods should consider a sticky on this one.

golfboy
03-01-2008, 06:37 AM
i would say I've talked to everyone i know, but it's hard. The political apathy here is nasty, we're constantly ignored by nearly every political campaign in history, Nebraskans are tired of bullshit. Most people here see that Ron Paul has done very little in the beginning, but they don't realize he's still a very viable candidate out of the 3 remaining. The first goal of the revolution was just to survive and get to the point where our grassroots can really shine. With the enthusiasm these rallies bring to any place he goes, a rally at the Scott conference center would be well attended by politically apathetic, yet smart and aware students with nothing better to do on a Sunday.

I feel this is an idea that needs to happen, and is too important to leave it to the campaign to get done, or some other person to come along and do it. I need people to come in and help me, and try to get the ball rolling on some projects. A couple of quick chip ins, some word of mouth, a campaign visit, and we have a LANDSLIDE VICTORY in NEBRASKA in the bag.

At the very least, everyone that is well connected to the campaign and thinks that this would be a good idea needs to get this in the proper channels. I emailed David Hoyt, and pretty much seem to have a place for a rally lined up, it would be pretty easy to do with the facilities at scott conference center. Right now I'm just waiting to hear from the campaign and see if anyone likes the idea enough to take the ball and run with it.

I can only do so much. If we put a tenth of an effort of a moneybomb into this, it will virtually assure us of a landslide victory in nebraska.

ads...chipins...i can't organize that, some one else is going to have to do that.

idiom
03-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Bump For Hope!

golfboy
03-01-2008, 07:27 AM
My email to the meetups

To recap...we need to have some sort of rally on sunday. Pipe dream, campaign makes this happen and it's all gravy.

That doesn't change what we need to do on monday. We need to go out and canvass every ron paul supporter on monday and get them registered as delegates. We all need to be familiar with the registration procedures, and have them in place so we can inform people when they go to register on monday. Everyone will need to know the locations and have the forms available so this can be done easily as possible.

With some good organization, we can squeeze a lot of national delegates out of nebraska. With a rally by the campaign, we would have the state in the bag by a landslide. The positive news publicity from that alone could turn the tide in texas, and be the very first domino to fall in what could be the greatest comeback victory of all time.

Is anyone else getting excited about this?

I don't know if anyone wants to meet on saturday or anything. Let me know if anyone has ideas in that respect. I would imagine if the rally does happen, it will be more of a mad scramble, and all that most of you will need to do is call up all of your friends and get them to the rally, then register them on monday. The scott conference center would be an ideal facility for this and will be available.

This is one weekend. Most states have to do arduous work and canvassing for 6 months to get a meager share of the vote. Here we're primed to snatch up all votes with a very small number of people, and it's important enough that it would make sense to the national campaign to have an event here.

I will keep contacting people and posting on ron paul forums until i can get a response from headquarters and if anyone else can help.

What you can do:

chip in for your local news paper on SUNDAY, monday would be acceptable too.

call all ron paul supporters. No conversion needed. We have it easy folks.

we get all of this done, the caucus will be a mere formality, and we can just basically make it into a statewide ron paul rally.

We need to contact the lincoln meetup with this information and get this information to all ron paul supporters in all of nebraska's small towns. This is where the grassroots and word of mouth really shines.

Ambitious? yes.

Can it be done? Of course

What could happen? Nebraska could be the turning point in the history of the world. What do we have to lose?

Christopher Duff

follow up

Okay, we will have a rally at the courthouse on monday to get everyone in our meetup registered to be a delegate. I think that would be the easiest thing to do, as many people are active in the meetup groups. If they feel compelled enough to join a group and go to a few meetings, surely we can get them to go to the most important meeting of them all. Just meet at the court house and register people all day. We can even wave signs and do the rah rah thing, it'll be fun.

You see this folks? We in nebraska have it easy. One little, measly rally at a courhouse on monday to register delegates will win a state. I bet the iowa people are just jealous.

Worst case, this is just a little meetup group affair and would hopfully get a majority of delegates. Let's not leave something this important to chance, and let ron paul know how important it is. I was disapointed that he spent all that time in iowa and didn't stop by in omaha or missouri. You can only repeat your message so many times in one state. Still, in a state ignored by the stablishment, ron paul can very easily do exactly what barak obama did here and win by a landslide. Nebraska is hostile territory for smooth talkers and bullshitters, that's why they ignore us. We've been supressed as a state as much as ron paul has been supressed as a media. Many husker fans seem to think that there is a conspracy in the big 12 to favor kansas and texas in basketball, and very favorable calls to texas in football, with heavy bias against nebraska. I guess you could say our state has gone through the same thing literally in many ways. We've already endured our great tribulation, and found our savior in bo pelini. All is right in nebraska. We just wish to offer to you an easy win and a rally people will go nuts about, i'm talking about rooms full of college students and intellectuals, scholarship students that have aced the act and are about to graduate. People concerned about their future.

golfboy
03-01-2008, 07:45 AM
another thought, imagine what would happen if ron paul could boast at the debate monday night that he just won nebraska beyond all mathematical certanity? It certainly would lend credence to his credibility and a shell shocked media will have no idea what hit them. He won a state and they didn't even know about it...

going to be very interesting times to come. Can anyone see how this could be a turning point in the election? Pimp this out big, leverage it big time in texas and mention it at the debate if possible. Mention how one rally and a meetup won a whole state, and we can easily do this anywhere else. It just takes one person with the right idea at the right time.

Are you willing to support the right idea at the right time?

Sarge
03-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Thank you to another poster on another thread, here is something that might help in Nebraska,

http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors.php

Type in the zip code to find people you might convince to become delegates in your area.

It shows the republican's who have donated in your area.

Hope this helps all get some delegates.

golfboy
03-01-2008, 08:37 AM
i appreciate your help, but i'm going to be frank with you, it is going to be a lot easier to get delegaates after a rally.

I'm talking about myself being able to convince maybe 2 or 3 people, or having a spontaneous rally and thousands of supporters over the state. Think big here.

I hope this would be a good use of ron paul for a day. Just let us have him for a day and win nebraska, then you texas folk can have him back in time for the debate on monday night.

golfboy
03-01-2008, 08:42 AM
from a meetup email

Dear Ms. XXXX......thank you for your 1st congressional district efforts....keep working hard.....everyone else who lives in the Douglas or Sarpy county area is part of the 2nd congressional district...... Because of the special no winner take all in the electoral college laws in Maine and Nebraska,.... .the people in Douglas and Sarpy county need to realize their power. The one compacted electoral vote for the Omaha metro area is the most compacted electoral vote in the nation. If anyone wants to screw with a presidential election, their best bet is to get to Douglas and Sarpy county Nebraska and start word of mouth advertising.
If the Omaha area picks someone other than McCain on May 13th for the Nebraska Primary, it might just start a free for all with third party candidates and make this election wide-open.

the poster may take credit as he wishes, i'm not posting names.

golfboy
03-01-2008, 10:04 AM
does anyone have the contacts available to at least get headquarters to hear me out? I sent an email, but i am unable to do much more than that as I am hearing impaired, and a phone call is not my best area of expertise.

If this is going to happen, we need people to get on the ball right away. Worst case we'll have a good rally and turnout on monday for deglegates, but it will be difficult as i can barely convince 2 or 3 of the hardest core ron paul supporters i know to register as delegates. I'm on a campus where if his message were heard, we would be able to turn out thousands. Look at what obama and the college democrats did in omaha, they were much more organized than we are.

golfboy
03-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Why is this not a sticky yet?

Okay, here's what's going to happen. I'm going to have a hearing friend come over and help me make some phone calls to the campaign and other meetup groups.

I need numbers, names, and email address of whoever i need to start barking at.

I can put logistics in place to a point which all the campaign would have to do is fly out, do the speech, and fly back.

why is this not sticky yet? PLEASE BUMP AND SUPPORT

I have all the logistics in place and worked out, we just need to communicate to the campaign to get a visit. 2 hours would work wonders, maybe a 5 or 6 hour commitment including flying time from texas.

golfboy
03-01-2008, 03:50 PM
well gonna be harder than i thought. Fortunately our meetups got a lot done today.

Well i guess most everything is in place. We're having small meeting of supporters at scott village, then we might arrange a larger meeting somewhere else. We're going to call the number posted on the national campaign website and hope for the best, so unless anyone else has better numbers we can call.

as far as i'm concerned, the logistics are set up for a surprise visit tomorrow, but we would be willing to settle for a visit at a later time.

any nebraska supporters, please chime in.

idiom
03-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Bumps are better than Stickies :D

This is seriously important.

d03boy
03-01-2008, 07:57 PM
nebraska is my state. represent me well. bump

idiom
03-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Bump!

Zera
03-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Someone sticky this! This is a pretty nice opportunity for Paul.

lorilori
03-02-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm a Ron Paul supporter in Buffalo County.

golfboy
03-02-2008, 01:16 AM
sweet...worked my local newspaper and got a letter in the fricking SUNDAY paper.

http://www.theindependent.com/stories/03022008/opi_letters02.shtml

Ron Paul should be GOP choice

Ron Paul is a true conservative running for president. I support him because of his strong platform.

He is a medical doctor who served in the military, and has served in congress in the 1970s. He is the only presidential candidate that supported Ronald Reagan from the beginning of his campaign.

He is the only candidate that will adopt a non-intervenionalist foreign policy. On the economy, Ron Paul is a student of Mises and Austrian economics, and he is a strong supporter of cutting spending and taxes. He proposed letters of marque and reprisal in order to effectively combat terrorism, and proposed that congress actually declare war on Iraq so it would be constitutional.

One big issue in Nebraska is illegal immigration, and Ron Paul is the only candidate who wants to remove economic incentives for illegal immigration. He supports state rights on issues that are best handled at the local level, such as education and other social services. I am proud to support a candidate with a strong platform on every issue, and I will support Ron Paul all the way to the Republican National Convention. Isn't it about time that we started supporting candidates for their ideas?

Incidentally, Monday is the last day to register as a Republican if you are seeking to support Ron Paul.

Chris Duff

Omaha

golfboy
03-02-2008, 01:19 AM
sweet...worked my local newspaper and got a letter in the fricking SUNDAY paper.

http://www.theindependent.com/storie...etters02.shtml

Ron Paul should be GOP choice

Ron Paul is a true conservative running for president. I support him because of his strong platform.

He is a medical doctor who served in the military, and has served in congress in the 1970s. He is the only presidential candidate that supported Ronald Reagan from the beginning of his campaign.

He is the only candidate that will adopt a non-intervenionalist foreign policy. On the economy, Ron Paul is a student of Mises and Austrian economics, and he is a strong supporter of cutting spending and taxes. He proposed letters of marque and reprisal in order to effectively combat terrorism, and proposed that congress actually declare war on Iraq so it would be constitutional.

One big issue in Nebraska is illegal immigration, and Ron Paul is the only candidate who wants to remove economic incentives for illegal immigration. He supports state rights on issues that are best handled at the local level, such as education and other social services. I am proud to support a candidate with a strong platform on every issue, and I will support Ron Paul all the way to the Republican National Convention. Isn't it about time that we started supporting candidates for their ideas?

Incidentally, Monday is the last day to register as a Republican if you are seeking to support Ron Paul.

Chris Duff

Omaha

kirkblitz
03-02-2008, 02:20 PM
great idea

kill the banks
03-02-2008, 02:53 PM
help this patriot !

bump

kill the banks

kirkblitz
03-02-2008, 03:20 PM
spam?

nbhadja
03-02-2008, 03:28 PM
B
u
m
p

syborius
03-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Bump!!

IDefendThePlatform
03-02-2008, 05:58 PM
I love the idea of a rally for Dr. P in Nebraska. I think it could really help us get jump started here in campaigning.

As far as delegates, we definitely need as many as we can get. I just got done making about 130 phone calls the last two weeks to Ron Paul supporters in Nebraska and the response to becoming a delegate has been awesome. More than half of the people I talked to already had or were now going to file. That means about 50 out of the 100 that I actually spoke with are now registered with their counties as delegates. I know there are a number of other people in Nebraska who have done a similar amount of phone calling, so there are probably at least couple hundred of Ron Paul supporters registered as delegates in Nebraska. I doubt there are very many of the other candidates at all really. This is a wild guess, but I think Dr. P could get as many as 25 or 26 out of the 33 delegates up for grabs in Nebraska.

I think a rally would be a great idea to get even more delegates and get people excited in Nebraska about the primary in May. I know there was a conference call with Dr. Paul himself and some of the Nebraska supporters on Friday night, so I am curious what was discussed.

I've actually got a chip-in going for newspaper ads for Dr. P in the Omaha World Herald. The cost is $84.15 per square inch per day for a daily ad, and 114.75 per square inch per day for a sunday ad. Here is a link to view the ad and the chip-in if you would like to donate (and I really hope you do!):

(This ad has now been altered to say "Paid by Omaha supporters... and have our meetup number, 172)
http://montana4ronpaul.com/userfiles/RonPaulAd_4x3_Doctor.pdf

Please donate here:
http://omahameetup.chipin.com/omaha-world-herald-ron-paul-ads

I'm excited about our chances in Nebraska. It's one of the reddest states in the country and a good showing by Dr. P here would really give him some weight with Republicans going into the convention. And I think a rally with Dr. P is a great idea and would really help us out here. I'm glad this is being talked about.

syborius
03-02-2008, 06:31 PM
another bump for freedom !!! Go Nebraska! :D

Sarge
03-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Good Luck today on getting some more delegates to sign up on this last day for sign up.

It sounds like you have done some great work up there.

Go Nebraska.

golfboy
03-03-2008, 09:49 AM
i'm going to register right now and see what happens.

golfboy
03-03-2008, 01:20 PM
well i got a test at 2:30 then i'm going to head over and get registered. i'll report back later and see how many people are there. should be able to have a few friends go as well.

jasonuher
03-03-2008, 02:18 PM
golfboy, make sure it's actually possible to register at the courthouse. For douglas county I'm pretty sure you have to go to the douglas county election commission, which is on 114th and dodge, www.votedouglascounty.com has the address and the form you need.

golfboy
03-03-2008, 03:58 PM
golfboy, make sure it's actually possible to register at the courthouse. For douglas county I'm pretty sure you have to go to the douglas county election commission, which is on 114th and dodge, www.votedouglascounty.com has the address and the form you need.

yup a mistake on my part. i'm headed down right now finally.

golfboy
03-03-2008, 05:14 PM
yup a mistake on my part. i'm headed down right now finally.

i couldn't find it. :(

We should have enough delegates though. I'm going to give it one last chance, but i think it's closed now. Gonna head back to gi and talk to some people about ron paul as well, some businessmen in the community.

i hope this was enough call to action to get it done. I plan to be involved in spreading the word in the future, and i hope i impressed on headquarters the urgency of visiting a state like nebraska, despite my crazy idea of having him give a speech here or something. I do hope they'll throw us a bone and spend a couple of days in nebraska.

golfboy
03-03-2008, 10:06 PM
we've got the state locked down. :D