PDA

View Full Version : Possible recount in Ames

Free Thinker
08-16-2007, 03:12 AM
3. 8/15/2007 - 14:16:56PM

BY: ZD
If you live in Iowa and did, in fact, vote for Ron Paul, please sign this affidavit and send it in. They're at 332 or thereabouts right now. If they hit 1306, then it's apparent there was some sort of fraud.

http://votefraud.org/iowa_straw_poll_2007_report_affidavit_part1.htm

DeadheadForPaul
08-16-2007, 03:40 AM
:rolleyes:

I personally doubt we got more than the # we received and such efforts will just piss more people off

derdy
08-16-2007, 03:49 AM
i'm interested in the outcome of this! diebold machines are not to be trusted

CodeMonkey
08-16-2007, 06:29 AM
I don't expect this will have any sort of favorable outcome... they will never prove fraud and we will be viewed as sore losers.

0zzy
08-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Let's focus on the campaign and not something like this. sheshlawesh.

rich34
08-16-2007, 06:54 AM
We need to move on. I think this might give Ron a bad name just because it's his supporters that are pushing this.

Dave Wood
08-16-2007, 06:58 AM
The question I have is, did the Iowa straw poll use these machines prior to this year or is there something "special" about this years poll?

Revolution9
08-16-2007, 07:02 AM
I suggest that those who issue orders on THIS board to move on do not read the web. This initiative is going full steam from many angles. It won't be stopped because you guys said something in a thread on RP forums. Deal with it. There are people who refuse to lie down in front of the tanks to get run over yet again. They will not listen to your reasons because frankly they are not good reasons from their POV.

Randy

BuckeyeDad
08-16-2007, 07:43 AM
They need to do this for more than just RP. They should do it for ALL the candidates.

If the numbers for ANY candidate come back incorrectly, they can show potential fraud, as well as deflect some of the focus off of RP.

In other words, if you're going to put up this page, don't make it an RP only page. His name is plastered all over that site.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 07:46 AM
I think it's a waste of time but I don't think it will do any harm.

libertarianguy
08-16-2007, 09:03 AM
you fools, they already threw away the real ballots and fabricated their own to be consistent with the results. Or the results were always correct. Either way you look stupid. You should be concentrating on getting transparent and atomic voting in the future

Highmesa
08-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Time to make something positive out of this.

I offer this up to the the straw poll truthers.

I am willing to make a bet with one of you. For every affidavit you collect over 1,000, I will donate $1 to the campaign. For every affidavit under 1,000, you donate $1 to the campaign. We have to set some kind of deadline - is Nov. 1st long enough?

Ninja Homer
08-16-2007, 09:41 AM
I don't think there's any way they'll get over 1305 affidavits (I'd be surprised if they get half that many), but I don't think it's a waste of time, and it won't do any harm to the Ron Paul campaign.

If anything, it will make people take manual counting of ballots seriously. There won't be any negative Ron Paul stories on this, because it isn't the Ron Paul campaign that is doing this, and I don't think MSM wants to draw attention to flaws in automatic vote counting anyway.

While this is a worthy cause, and I fully support it, it isn't directly related to Ron Paul, so I don't see why it is in the "Ron Paul News & Discussion" section. There have been so many threads on vote fraud here... maybe they should get their own section? I'm sure there will be a lot more of these threads as the campaign continues through more straw polls.

maggiebott
08-16-2007, 10:34 AM
How can possibly exposing the truth be a waste of time? If we work our butts off for this campaign and the final election is rigged, what in bloody hell is the point? If we don't expose them now we may as well lie down and drink the koolaid.

foofighter20x
08-16-2007, 10:34 AM
How about instead of petitioning the Iowa GOP for a recount, we spend all that time and effort on building a time machine and going back to vote with fake Iowa IDs, eh? EH?! That might work!! [/joke]

In all seriousness:

The more time you spend on this, the less time you are spending on bringing new people into our camp, and the more time you are spending on making the campaign look like a bunch of sore losers. Move on to something more constructive that will ATTRACT people, and not spend unnecessary efforts on something that it likely to turn new people away, please.

kthx, bai :D