PDA

View Full Version : The is a business in town named "Liberty Income Tax"

krott5333
03-01-2008, 12:09 AM
just thought you would all appreciate the irony.

:rolleyes:

malkusm
03-01-2008, 12:13 AM
What do you expect? You live in a town called Erie.

BlutStein
03-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Got those here in Texas too. And If I'm not mistaken I think I saw one in Colorado the other day. It really is an odd name when you think about it.

NeoRayden
03-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Liberty Tax Service is owned by John Hewitt I believe. Hewitt is the founder of Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. They have offices across from each other in Florida and are complete competitors now.

coyote_sprit
03-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Oh how I yearn for the day that the IRS is no more.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
03-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Got those around here in Texas. Every once in a while they get this chick to stand on the corner dressed in a Statue of liberty costume. She has this look on her face like, "I got a degree in finance for this bullshit?"

krott5333
03-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Got those around here in Texas. Every once in a while they get this chick to stand on the corner dressed in a Statue of liberty costume. She has this look on her face like, "I got a degree in finance for this bullshit?"

hahaha thats funny

krott5333
03-01-2008, 12:26 AM
What do you expect? You live in a town called Erie.

Its more dreary than eerie.

NeoRayden
03-01-2008, 12:44 AM

Yup that degree is a simple 6 - 12 week tax course. Pretty high level stuff. Maybe thats why they pay tax preparers $7.50 / hour.

McDermit
03-01-2008, 12:56 AM

they have lady liberty out nearly every day here. Never a woman though. Usually a middle aged black guy or this grumpy old fat dude. Both look excited to be there. LOL

humanic
03-01-2008, 01:53 AM

I saw my first Liberty Income Tax just this week and thought the same thing!

they have lady liberty out nearly every day here. Never a woman though. Usually a middle aged black guy or this grumpy old fat dude. Both look excited to be there. LOL

This must be part of the job description because that's exactly what I saw here.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-01-2008, 08:28 AM

I've appreciated that irony for years. Sadly.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-01-2008, 08:44 AM

I would think middle aged black men, grumpy old fat guys and people who make $7.50 an hour would make excellent Ron Paul supporters. Should we feel ashamed in the future if we have to settle for making $6.50 an hour in this legal tyranny we live?

nullvalu
03-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Yep there's also a "Liberty Bank" down the street from me. Somehow the concept of going there to make a payment on your debt to bankers conflicts with my notion of Liberty.

kigol
03-01-2008, 08:01 PM
hehe, the ironing.

seapilot
03-01-2008, 11:55 PM
There is a Liberty Income Tax here too. The word "Liberty" means everything to us here, but to many its meaning is something like the statue of Liberty and not directly associated with Freedom.

Not many politicians use the word much anymore either. Notice today how many times Obama or hillary or any of the others mention the word Liberty? Old clips show Reagan , Kennedy and MLK talking specifically about Liberty as well as quotes from many Presidents from the past. Its on all our money, in our anthem yet most people cant understand what it really means today.

Liberty Income tax is proof of that. Its no different in meaning than calling someplace Freedom Prison. Choice or no choice which do you choose with no choice?

torchbearer
03-02-2008, 12:02 AM
got 'em in louisiana too.
the name is insulting.